PDA

View Full Version : Better album: The Carter 2 or the black album

InRareForm
07-24-2020, 04:58 PM
Pretty close, both can listened to start to finish no skips except change clothes , but I pick the Carter 2.

Donald Sterling.
07-24-2020, 06:37 PM
The Black Album. Some may say Metallica sold out with that one but the album still sounds pretty heavy to me, while at the same time it had hits and mainstream appeal.

Never heard the carter 2.

Spurminator
07-24-2020, 07:09 PM
The Black Album. Some may say Metallica sold out with that one but the album still sounds pretty heavy to me, while at the same time it had hits and mainstream appeal.

Came to say the same thing. Certainly some overplayed mainstream hits but the deeper cuts are still great... My Friend of Misery, Holler Than Thou, Struggle Within. Solid bangers all the way through.

Carter 2 was decent but not one of Supertramp's best efforts.

Monostradamus
07-24-2020, 07:23 PM
I prefer The Blue Album and The Green Album but tbh I haven’t really listened to any of Weezer’s recent efforts.

clambake
07-25-2020, 01:27 AM
Jar of flies

Spurtacular
07-25-2020, 03:58 AM
:lol Comparing generic mainstream rap crap to groundbreaking music.

cd021
07-25-2020, 04:27 PM
Pretty close, both can listened to start to finish no skips except change clothes , but I pick the Carter 2.

Never listened to Tha Carter 2 but i've always thought Black Album was overrated tbh. I legit don't like 5 of the 14 songs. 99 Problems, Alure, My 1st Song, Lucifer, PSA, and What More Can I Say are all flames though.

I still maintain that American Gangster is his 3rd best album behind Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint instead of Black Album, that record is a classic.

BD24
07-25-2020, 06:38 PM
Black album. And it’s really not close.

Wayne is easily the most overrated rapper of all time

Spurminator
07-25-2020, 07:39 PM
I prefer The Blue Album and The Green Album but tbh I haven’t really listened to any of Weezer’s recent efforts.

Everything Will Be Alright and The White Album are actually pretty good, I think. But the rest has generally been hot garbage.

Xevious
07-25-2020, 09:18 PM
:lol I had to google this shit. You say Black Album and I automatically think Metallica.

phxspurfan
07-25-2020, 09:25 PM
Thought of the real Carter album, Lil' Wanye's Tha Carter. Much, much much better album. Dude's been rapping since the 90s and still is doing cameos on songs. Much better career than the overrated af Jay Z

ujgCGofWjcY

JamStone
07-25-2020, 09:40 PM
Never listened to Tha Carter 2 but i've always thought Black Album was overrated tbh. I legit don't like 5 of the 14 songs. 99 Problems, Alure, My 1st Song, Lucifer, PSA, and What More Can I Say are all flames though.

I still maintain that American Gangster is his 3rd best album behind Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint instead of Black Album, that record is a classic.

I’d even argue Life and Times 3 ahead of Black. Personal opinion.

Spurtacular
07-25-2020, 11:04 PM
:lol I had to google this shit. You say Black Album and I automatically think Metallica.

Yup. I don't even like the Metallica douches. But I give them credit on breaking the mold for The Black album.
Lil Wayne is equivalent of a boy band.

MultiTroll
07-26-2020, 09:11 AM
^ is Large Stain what's considered mumble rap?

Joseph Kony
07-26-2020, 02:46 PM
gotta go with jay-z on this one

Chucho
07-27-2020, 04:26 PM
Black album. And it’s really not close.

Wayne is easily the most overrated rapper of all time

...until this Jewish kid who starred in teeny bopper soap operas as a cripple came along and pretty much stuck the silver crucifix thru the heart of legitimate hip hop and rap in the mainstream. Drake and autotune killed the last true artistic outlet that was unique to the black culture.