PDA

View Full Version : Whos Better: Parker or Hinrich?

Boo
11-07-2005, 11:49 PM
I say parker... still improving and stats are goin up.

spurs=bling
11-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Tony

Kori Ellis
11-07-2005, 11:52 PM
I don't like Hinrich's whiny-ness, but he's a very good player too.

He just got Bowen'd tonight, so you can't really judge him by this game.

Pistons < Spurs
right now? Parker.

Long term potential/expectations? Hinrich.

smeagol
No contest.

Boo
11-07-2005, 11:54 PM
No contest.

dont know what u talkin bout

both are playin good and stats are close

Marcus Bryant
Well, let's see. Hinrich's white, so he's automatically the next Cousy or whatever old ass guard from the Eisenhower administration that can be referenced. Parker's dating a famous actress and is a darkie so he won't get any respect.

Oddly enough, there is a reason a comparison of TP with Cousy would be much more valid. Bonus points to the 1st poster who can explain why.

Sense

If you say Hinrich you're an idiot...

DesiSpur_21
11-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Hinrich is damn good - If he plays for a team like Spurs he'd be great.

TDMVPDPOY
11-08-2005, 12:06 AM
^ what he said, he doesnt have the benifit of playin on a good team like the spurs, but this spurs team doesnt need frodo

xcoriate
11-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Hinrichs stats are inflated by playing for the bulls, Parker is the better player now and also the younger of the two i believe.

Russ
11-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Oddly enough, there is a reason a comparison of TP with Cousy would be much more valid. Bonus points to the 1st poster who can explain why.

Hmmmmm, could it be they're both . . . German?

Speaking of which, is Hinrich's first name Himmler?

duncan2k5
11-08-2005, 12:10 AM
tony is better than kirk...kirk is an overrated shooter for one, though he is a good playmaker. tony shot a better percentage than he did last year while scoring the same number of points. though tony is in a better situation we cannot speculate that kirk would do any better or worse had he been in tony's place....so based on current stats and potential...tony

duncan2k5
11-08-2005, 12:12 AM
plus to add...tony's defense is underrated...ADDITIONALLY tony has the ability to make other teams go nuts...i know you guys remember how he takes over games and teams dont have a clue how to handle him. talk about his inconsistency...but kirk has a worse fg%...if i remember he shot like 40% last year...

Sense
11-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Heinrich's defense>Parker's
Parker's offense>Heinrich's

I am happy with Tony as the PG of our team, but if Heinrich was our starting PG, we might be better off.

Like I said.....

King
11-08-2005, 12:22 AM

Cause they're both hairier than shit? Seriously - Tony has a five o'clock shadow within minutes of shaving - and Cousy looked like a gorilla.

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Close but no banana.

SpursIndonesia
11-08-2005, 12:26 AM
Tony, at the moment, he's infront though not far, but for this team, he's the best fit. Remember, SPEED KILLZ !! I think Tony might have a higher peak/potential, but Hinrich has more longevity, due to his playing style

jman3000
11-08-2005, 03:25 AM
Hmmmmm, could it be they're both . . . German?

Both Belgian?

milkyway21
11-08-2005, 03:53 AM
Parker is packing on the champs' stats sheet right now

T.Duncan 19.3

M.Ginobili 11.0

N.Van Exel 7.3

R.Horry 7.0

Rebounds
T.Duncan 10.7

R.Horry 6.7

M.Finley 4.3

R.Nesterovic 4.3

T.Parker 3.3

Assists
T.Parker 4.7

T.Duncan 4.3

R.Horry 2.3

M.Ginobili 2.3

B.Barry 2.0

PARKER , definitely. :smokin

ShoogarBear
11-08-2005, 03:57 AM

Cousy is of French descent.

EDIT: ahh, I see others were already on that track.

milkyway21
11-08-2005, 04:04 AM
but this Heinrich is good. i think he's making 63% of his ave 17.5 ppg this season.

leading his team in scoring, maybe.

AI-square
11-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Hinrich.

drclic
11-08-2005, 08:02 AM
What a useless topic ... hinrich or parker .... hinrich play for chicago and tony for the spurs ... cant compare the stats .. and even there tony is better ...

after i read hinrich defense>tony's defense ... if it's true, you can also say Bruce Bowen offense> kirk hinrich offense ... :-) ... come on guys ... hinrich defense on man is his big lack ...

Kirk can be better if you only consider jump shot .. but NBA basketball is not jump shot .... the proof ? Kirk shot he ball 39 % on his carrer (42 to this 4 games 4/16 vs Spurs) ... Actually, his a pretty poor shooter. compare to the 50 % for a common shooter like Wally Szczerbiak ...

Okay so, no discussion here ...

The only PG that may be better for the spurs is Chancey Billups ... defense, shot, coachable, clutch, ... but it's only a maybe so we keep tony here !

Stf.

14dave
11-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

implacable44
11-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Well, let's see. Hinrich's white, so he's automatically the next Cousy or whatever old ass guard from the Eisenhower administration that can be referenced. Parker's dating a famous actress and is a darkie so he won't get any respect.

have to make it a race issue right ? you probably thought Isaiah was right when he said that if Bird were black he would be just another player too huh ? - Lets see PArker is black so he must be a thug, druggie, illiterate basketball player with illigetimate children spread out accross the globe too right ? I mean is it okay to make these stereotypes and racist comments for all or just against the white people ?

you are the essence of ignorance. - Hinrich can play - he isn't better than Parker though - to me Hinrich is a glorified John Paxson because of the team he plays on -- maybe a Mark Price.

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 10:06 AM
have to make it a race issue right ? you probably thought Isaiah was right when he said that if Bird were black he would be just another player too huh ?

You really believe that Bird received the notoriety he did solely because of his game? Why do you think that Middle America jumped on board with the Celtics in the 80s?

- Lets see PArker is black so he must be a thug, druggie, illiterate basketball player with illigetimate children spread out accross the globe too right ? I mean is it okay to make these stereotypes and racist comments for all or just against the white people ?

More like Parker is black so Middle America is going to perceive him differently, as well as the sports media.

you are the essence of ignorance. - Hinrich can play - he isn't better than Parker though - to me Hinrich is a glorified John Paxson because of the team he plays on -- maybe a Mark Price.

Funny, you just exhibited the ignorance I was criticizing. Good job, dumbass.

50 cent
11-08-2005, 10:08 AM
All you need to do is rewatch OT of last night's game to see who is clearly the better player and can step up and lead his team.

Tony could have had about 10 more assists last night had Finley, Manu, or Bowen been able to hit an open shot.

2centsworth
11-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Chicago fans would take Tony in a NY minute.

implacable44
11-08-2005, 10:22 AM
You really believe that Bird received the notoriety he did solely because of his game? Why do you think that Middle America jumped on board with the Celtics in the 80s?

More like Parker is black so Middle America is going to perceive him differently, as well as the sports media.

Funny, you just exhibited the ignorance I was criticizing. Good job, dumbass.

no Bird sucks - clearly the only reason he scored all those points - won those championships and MVP awards was because he was white - clearly - nothing at all to do with his game. I mean just because he stole that pass the black guy made on the pistons and passed it to the the black guy on the celtics to win the game which prompted the black guy to make the comment about him being white - well that was all irrelevant. -like when he lit dominique up - it wasnt because he could play - it was just because he was white - wierd -

you might be the dumbest dumb A of all. - let it go man - let go of all that hate for whitey.

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 10:24 AM
no Bird sucks - clearly the only reason he scored all those points - won those championships and MVP awards was because he was white - clearly - nothing at all to do with his game. I mean just because he stole that pass the black guy made on the pistons and passed it to the the black guy on the celtics to win the game which prompted the black guy to make the comment about him being white - well that was all irrelevant. -like when he lit dominique up - it wasnt because he could play - it was just because he was white - wierd -

Bird clearly did not get the notoriety he enjoyed solely because of his game. If you deny that then you weren't paying attention in the 80s.

you might be the dumbest dumb A of all. - let it go man - let go of all that hate for whitey.

Yep. I hate "whitey". You might want to quit while you aren't too far behind.

implacable44
11-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Bird clearly did not get the notoriety he enjoyed solely because of his game. If you deny that then you weren't paying attention in the 80s.

Yep. I hate "whitey". You might want to quit while you aren't too far behind.

Nah I have no problem losing the idiot race - just about all of us are behind you in that sense. -

Bird is one of the top 5 greatest players of all time. No doubt the media pushed him on a largely white customer base but he had more than enough game to merit the attention and Jordan got the most media hype of all -- to the point where people consider him the best ever to play the game - which I disagree with.

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Nah I have no problem losing the idiot race - just about all of us are behind you in that sense. -

Bird is one of the top 5 greatest players of all time. No doubt the media pushed him on a largely white customer base but he had more than enough game to merit the attention and Jordan got the most media hype of all -- to the point where people consider him the best ever to play the game - which I disagree with.

Oh, so now Bird's race matters? I am done with you, numbnuts.

implacable44
11-08-2005, 10:43 AM
No I didnt say his race matters - let me spell it out for you - oh wait I am already spelling it out- Bird's game is what mattered. Bird - top 5 no doubt - you stated that it was all about him being white and i said the media probably did publicize him more because he is white and the customer base of the nba is largely white - but he had the game that deserved it.

romsey31
11-08-2005, 10:53 AM
tony is better than kirk...kirk is an overrated shooter for one, though he is a good playmaker. tony shot a better percentage than he did last year while scoring the same number of points. though tony is in a better situation we cannot speculate that kirk would do any better or worse had he been in tony's place....so based on current stats and potential...tony

Wha going on cruzan? Everything bless or wha? I gon be down deh round xmas time for carnival for sure. bless up!

romsey31
11-08-2005, 10:54 AM
I'd take Kirk over Tony any day of the week.

50 cent
11-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Your hate of the Spurs is getting in your way to see basketball talent from an objective viewpoint.

smeagol
11-08-2005, 11:10 AM
:lmao

1Parker1
11-08-2005, 11:20 AM

You're teams' starting PG is Jamaal Tinsley. Let's face it......you'd take anyone. :angel

DesiSpur_21
11-08-2005, 11:23 AM
You're teams' starting PG is Jamaal Tinsley. Let's face it......you'd take anyone. :angel

:lmao

Best response of the week!

whottt
11-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Cousy's parents were French Immigrants...

Now what that has to do with Parker I am not exactly sure, IIRC his Dad is American, his mother is Danish or Sweedish or something...and Parker was born in Belgium. Even though Parker is a French Citizen...I don't think Cousy is, even though he is of 100% French ancestry, while Parker isn't. So what exactly is it that they have in common? :fro

sprrs
11-08-2005, 11:43 AM
So if you were given the chance to compare say Nash or Wade vs. Parker? Would you say you can't make that decision because they're not on the same team?

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Both speak French.

Admidave50
11-08-2005, 12:12 PM
right now? Parker.

Long term potential/expectations? Hinrich.

Parker is 1 year younger, he still has plenty of time to develop his potential..

romsey31
11-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Your hate of the Spurs is getting in your way to see basketball talent from an objective viewpoint.

I dont hate the Spurs. I would just take Hinrich over Tony.

romsey31
11-08-2005, 12:22 PM

Really now? Why would I want a PG that shoots a worst FT% than my C? Everyone knows all you do is rough up Tony a bit and hes bound to stay outside and brick everything.

samikeyp
11-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Cousy would blow away either one on pure PG skills, IMO.

Hinrich is good but I still take TP.

Froggy
11-08-2005, 12:33 PM

MI21
11-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Cousy would blow away either one on pure PG skills, IMO.

Have you seen the way Cousy dribbled? Not to take anything away from him and I respect him as one of the first great players in our game, but he dribbled like a little girl learning how to play the game :lol

As for Parker and Hinrich, I'll take TP every day. I'm not a big Hinrich fan, I think Tony is at least his equal defensively, and far better offensively.

Froggy
11-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Cousy is a French name.

Froggy
11-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Cousy is a French name.

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Cousy shot something like 35% for his career.

Tony's a little bit better than that.

samikeyp
11-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Have you seen the way Cousy dribbled? Not to take anything away from him and I respect him as one of the first great players in our game, but he dribbled like a little girl learning how to play the game

Yes because how pretty the dribbling looks is extra points. :rolleyes

What he looked like dribbling is irrelevant...he got the job done and he was a winner. TP is a better shooter and is faster but as a pure point guard he is not as good as Cousy at the moment, IMO. Now, Tony is still very young and improving all the time...I firmly believe that by the time he gets to be 26 or 27 he will be at top 5 PG and an all-star.

ShoogarBear
11-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Both speak French.

Cousy has one of the most irritating voices of all time. I can't imagine what he must sound like in French.

True story: I had a prof who played against Cousy in HS in NYC. He said Cousy lit him up for 50.

40minus8
11-08-2005, 08:36 PM
What do you mean who is better, thats not even a comp. PARKER by far is better.

The Artest Factor
11-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Hinrich, easily

Tell me, who's a better passer? Better defender? Better shooter? Better rebounder?

Hinrich in all of the above. Stop overrating Parker just because he's a decent scorer. His overall game is pure shit.

MI21
11-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Yes because how pretty the dribbling looks is extra points.

What I am saying is that you can't say he is a better PG than Parker, because I actually doubt he could bring the ball up against today's defense's. Think Beno, but worse :lol

5ToolMan
11-09-2005, 07:00 PM

Hmmm let us think about this one. Bird led his college team to an undefeated season, until losing the championship game against Magic's MSU squad. After that, Bird led the Celtics to the biggest turn around in NBA History, up to that point. Throughout his career, Bird always had his Celtics in the hunt, and delivered multiple NBA Titles. Only Magic's Lakers were in the same class during most of Bird's career.

So in your mind, Bird's fame was based more on him being white, and less on his game, or ability to lead. Oh righty then. In your World, did the rest of NBA teams led by mostly black stars and black players go on strike, or what?

Marcus Bryant
11-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Note that I did not say that Bird did not have game.

5ToolMan
11-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Note that I did not say that Bird did not have game.

I won't bother to get your quote, because it is so easy to dismiss. When black players who went against him night after night like Magic, Jordan and Barkley all place Bird right up with the best of the best, your petty words that race made a difference in his fame, are of little merit.

Marcus Bryant
11-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Bird did not get the notoriety he did solely because of his game. That's hardly controversial to anyone who was actually alive and paying attention during the 80s.

You haven't managed to dimiss a thing. Sorry.

5ToolMan
11-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Bird did not get the notoriety he did solely because of his game. That's hardly controversial to anyone who was actually alive and paying attention during the 80s.

You haven't managed to dimiss a thing. Sorry.

Scoreboard: Was Bird one of the greatest players in NBA History, or not? If he was, your contention that he got more notoriety than deserved because of his race, is just petty and bitter drivel.

Flipside: Perhaps the NBA 2000's are telling us, it was the American black players of the 70's and 80's who were vastly over rated. Perhaps, based on flawed perception that race was a major factor in performance, blacks recieved undue PT, and thus undue fame and notoriety. Not that I agree with that foolishness. But as foolishness goes, it is just as valid of a theory as your BS trying to down play Bird's fame.

Marcus Bryant
11-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Scoreboard: Was Bird one of the greatest players in NBA History, or not? If he was, your contention that he got more notoriety than deserved because of his race, is just petty and bitter drivel.

Nah, more like reality. Why'd Middle America embrace the Celtics back in the 80s? Was it an affinity for their green uniforms? This is hardly controversial. It was pretty much a running mainstream joke.

Ever since Bird left the game every white guy between 6'6" and 6'11" tall who shows up in the NBA with some semblance of talent is oft referred to as...'the next Larry Bird'.

Flipside: Perhaps the NBA 2000's are telling us, it was the American black players of the 70's and 80's who were vastly over rated. Perhaps, based on flawed perception that race was a major factor in performance, blacks recieved undue PT, and thus undue fame and notoriety. Not that I agree with that foolishness. But as foolishness goes, it is just as valid of a theory as your BS trying to down play Bird's fame.

Bird was famous for being a great basketball player who was white. I've yet to deny that.

duncan2k5
11-11-2005, 04:12 PM
marcus IS right tho...its not like ppl don't realize that bird is white. basketball is about 80% black, and to have a standout player of another race is bound to turn some eyes...look at tiger woods in golf...he has game, but race has something to do with his popularity also