PDA

View Full Version : The NBA has had a rule going back...

ducks
07-30-2020, 08:33 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/charles-barkley-if-people-dont-kneel-theyre-not-a-bad-person

Enforce it Adam silver

FrostKing
07-30-2020, 08:34 PM
"Today's NBA :lol"

Dex
07-30-2020, 08:35 PM
Didn't realize you were so easily triggered, ducks.

Joseph Kony
07-30-2020, 08:38 PM
:lol cucks

Texas_Ranger
07-30-2020, 09:19 PM
How about not play the anthem. Play a my little pony song before games for this faggots.

Seventyniner
07-30-2020, 09:55 PM
Damn, I didn't know thread titles could be that long. Props, I guess.

spurs10
07-30-2020, 10:32 PM
What's peacef? Is it like UNICEF? I'm all for it if so!

Arcadian
07-30-2020, 10:42 PM
Did you just paste an entire paragraph in the thread title?

ElNono
07-30-2020, 10:47 PM
https://bucket2.glanacion.com/anexos/fotos/55/3330355w1033.jpg

FrostKing
07-31-2020, 01:28 AM
"Look at us!"

DJR210
07-31-2020, 04:36 AM
Should have just posted the entire article in the subject line

cd021
07-31-2020, 04:54 AM
"Look at us!"

That's the point...

ElNono
07-31-2020, 05:29 AM
"Look at us!"

lol u mad

buujness
07-31-2020, 07:23 AM
Watching right-wing snowflakes melt down is hilarious.

lefty
07-31-2020, 08:12 AM
Beautiful picture

lol sensitive white cucks :lol

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-31-2020, 08:19 AM
Today's ducks :lol

Jordan Jackson
07-31-2020, 09:26 AM
Watching right-wing snowflakes melt down is hilarious.

They’re just like their dear leader. Fcking soft.

Play Boban
07-31-2020, 09:32 AM
Look at those patriots standing up in the back. :cry

TimDunkem
07-31-2020, 10:20 AM
Right wingers are such fucking snowflakes. :lol

boutons_deux
07-31-2020, 10:38 AM
coerced flag/song fetishist "respect" is bullshit if not freely, sincerely given

coerced pledge of allegiance in schools, esp in the naive lower grades, is also indoctrination and bullshit

boutons_deux
07-31-2020, 10:42 AM
Plenty of blacks served and died for that fucking flag,

but,

eg, after WWII were denied access to GI Bill for college education and mortgages.

KobesAchilles
07-31-2020, 10:51 AM
Tl;dr and that was just the thread title :lol

FrostKing
07-31-2020, 12:06 PM
lol u mad
Not my flag, although I've always stood.

And evidently not theirs either.

tim_duncan_fan
07-31-2020, 12:51 PM
coerced flag/song fetishist "respect" is bullshit if not freely, sincerely given

coerced pledge of allegiance in schools, esp in the naive lower grades, is also indoctrination and bullshit

Yep.

Get that shit out of here. Shouldn't be doing pledge shit at games anyway.

DAF86
07-31-2020, 12:59 PM
How about not play the anthem.

For real son. What's the matter with that? No other domestic sports league in the World does that shit. Why do you always have to be so "America, fuck yeah!"? :lol

Dex
07-31-2020, 01:35 PM

It's not about the flag, and it never has been.

ElNono
07-31-2020, 01:51 PM

not about the flag, but your butthurt appears the same, whether it's your flag or not, tbh

Play Boban
07-31-2020, 02:06 PM
Somewhere Larry Bird is rolling over in his grave at all of this, I bet.

FrostKing
07-31-2020, 02:56 PM
not about the flag, but your butthurt appears the same, whether it's your flag or not, tbh
They are literally against this system

"This isn't a movement, it's a way of life"
- Lebron

TimDunkem
07-31-2020, 03:21 PM

Bootlicking must be in your Polish genes.

ElNono
07-31-2020, 05:05 PM

What 'this system'?

OldMan88
07-31-2020, 07:22 PM
It’s the system that made every one of them rich by playing a game.

BacktoBasics
07-31-2020, 07:37 PM
This piece of shit spammer should be banned for the length of this thread title alone.

spurs10
07-31-2020, 07:37 PM
It’s the system that made every one of them rich by playing a game. Yeah that's horrible they get paid for providing people with entertainment. They will get paid until their late thirties.

P.S. They aren't against 'this system' apparently.

ducks
07-31-2020, 08:33 PM
This piece of shit spammer should be banned for the length of this thread title alone.

You liberal ?

BacktoBasics
07-31-2020, 08:42 PM
You liberal ?

No I’m not and especially embarrassed that someone hold themselves out as conservative and acts the way you do. You rarely have anything productive to say, it’s all copy and paste. It’s pathetic. You don’t bring any value to the discussion because you don’t know how to have one. You right click copy and paste and you think that means something. It doesn’t. Never did.

The worst conservatives are the ones who are so blindly loyal they can’t come to terms with the colossal failure of our current government. So much so that we’re going to end up with Biden because of it. You have no clue just how destructive you loyalist are. Profoundly ignorant.

Neo.
07-31-2020, 10:18 PM
:lmao

Gibbz
07-31-2020, 10:27 PM
The magic color cloth won't freedom all of us if the sports players refuse to stand during the bang pow song

tim_duncan_fan
07-31-2020, 10:57 PM
Why do people let anyone pretend this is about some shitty song or lame-ass t-shirt graphic? People wipe their ass with the flag 99% of the time, with the only exceptions being when they are trying to Jim Crow black people or do a disingenuous "thank you for your service" curtsey.

Fuck the flag people because they are fake as hell and some of the most loathsome, dishonest people walking this planet. It's not about some flag. It's about racism, pure and simple and the only reason flag people have gotten the benefit of the doubt up to this point in time is that they are mostly white.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal." *snickers* "You know what we mean, haha!" *winks*
-The Founding Fathers

FrostKing
08-01-2020, 12:30 AM
Bootlicking must be in your Polish genes.
Almost everyone is a teenaged anarchist. Most of us grow up and mature out of that stage. Others stay stuck in the moment and grow resentful of the rest of us.

https://i.ibb.co/PCXk7kJ/70147.png

Leader :tu

TimDunkem
08-01-2020, 12:24 PM
And I don't care if he did. He and Pop understand the issue.

You don't.

Keep bootlicking.

ducks
08-01-2020, 12:28 PM
Lol pop and becky stood for flag

TimDunkem
08-01-2020, 12:33 PM
lol Both standing and kneeling is okay.

Prime BEEF
08-01-2020, 12:43 PM
Why do people let anyone pretend this is about some shitty song or lame-ass t-shirt graphic? People wipe their ass with the flag 99% of the time, with the only exceptions being when they are trying to Jim Crow black people or do a disingenuous "thank you for your service" curtsey.

Fuck the flag people because they are fake as hell and some of the most loathsome, dishonest people walking this planet. It's not about some flag. It's about racism, pure and simple and the only reason flag people have gotten the benefit of the doubt up to this point in time is that they are mostly white.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal." *snickers* "You know what we mean, haha!" *winks*
-The Founding Fathers
If it’s not about the flag then why make it about the flag?

why not just protest at the specific police departments that people have issues with? If it’s about police brutality.

It’s liking egging Methodist churches in protest about animal cruelty. You can say it’s not about Methodist churches and it’s about animal cruelty all you want to but the Methodist churches are going to be upset, think you have something against them, and rightfully so. “It’s not about the flag” is a bullshit argument when your protest action is against the flag.

baseline bum
08-01-2020, 12:43 PM
It’s the system that made every one of them rich by playing a game.

It's funny when a white hedge fund manager gets rich it's by his bootstraps but when a black athlete does it's the nation that made him.

ducks
08-01-2020, 01:15 PM
What other country can the black athlete make what he
makes in the nba ?

TimDunkem
08-01-2020, 01:19 PM
lol Imagine crying about kneeling as a form of peaceful protest like a whiney little snowflake bitch and calling yourself a patriot. :lol

Play Boban
08-01-2020, 01:25 PM
My respect for Pop has quintupled tbh. A true patriot :wow

tim_duncan_fan
08-01-2020, 10:14 PM

why not just protest at the specific police departments that people have issues with? If it’s about police brutality.

It’s liking egging Methodist churches in protest about animal cruelty. You can say it’s not about Methodist churches and it’s about animal cruelty all you want to but the Methodist churches are going to be upset, think you have something against them, and rightfully so. “It’s not about the flag” is a bullshit argument when your protest action is against the flag.

Because it is literally not about the flag, moron. If everyone was forced to prostrate themselves before the government in front of a t-shirt rather than a flag, they would be kneeling in front of a t-shirt and not a flag. This fake obtuseness is part of what I'm talking about.

Again, YOU don't give a shit about a flag and neither do any of the other pretenders.

cd021
08-02-2020, 01:39 AM
makes in the nba ?

What other country can a black man go for a jog and end up being chased and killed by three men. Or have a cop kneel on a black man's neck for 8:46 while handcuffed. Or have a black woman shot 8 times while sleeping?

cd021
08-02-2020, 01:43 AM

Trump made it about disrespecting the flag. Kap kneeled after being advised to do so by members of the military.

Mass grassroots protests popped up in dozens of cities afterward Floyd's death, their trying to send a message about the state of policing in the country. Not sure why that isn't apparent.

buujness
08-02-2020, 04:55 AM
makes in the nba ?
English Premier League and La Liga stars make more than NBA stars do, and some of them are black.

FrostKing
08-02-2020, 04:09 PM
English Premier League and La Liga stars make more than NBA stars do, and some of them are black.
EPL, yes.

By OP's standards, Spain is racist.

FrostKing
08-02-2020, 04:13 PM
Trump made it about disrespecting the flag. Kap kneeled after being advised to do so by members of the military.

Mass grassroots protests popped up in dozens of cities afterward Floyd's death, their trying to send a message about the state of policing in the country. Not sure why that isn't apparent.
Then they did a poor job staying on topic. The more issues (systematic change, confederate statues, european explorers) they tacked on the more support they lost.

ducks
08-02-2020, 04:15 PM
Cops kill more unarmed whites then blacks

cd021
08-02-2020, 04:53 PM
Cops kill more unarmed whites then blacks

Black men make up 6% of the population, they make up 25% of unarmed people killed by the police. Thus blacks get killed at 3x the rate of white people by the police.

cd021
08-02-2020, 04:59 PM
Then they did a poor job staying on topic. The more issues (systematic change, confederate statues, european explorers) they tacked on the more support they lost.

Lol, no. It expanded and evolved as the movement go bigger. Actually makes plenty of sense. BTW, BLM's support is sky high at 63%, it was 25% following Ferguson.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/63-support-black-lives-matter-recognition-discrimination-jumps/story?id=71779435

For reference, Trump's approval rating is 41%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?cid=rrpromo

FrostKing
08-02-2020, 05:23 PM
Lol, no. It expanded and evolved as the movement go bigger. Actually makes plenty of sense. BTW, BLM's support is sky high at 63%, it was 25% following Ferguson.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/63-support-black-lives-matter-recognition-discrimination-jumps/story?id=71779435

For reference, Trump's approval rating is 41%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?cid=rrpromo
I am aware of these figures. Which have already declined in the past month. If the movement focused on just police brutality it would be hovering at 90% and actual change could occur. Instead they've managed to get some streets, basketball courts painted and took down some statues of dead guys

If Biden wins the election look for those numbers to plummet as Orange Man's Administration will no longer be a scapegoat.

cd021
08-02-2020, 06:06 PM
I am aware of these figures. Which have already declined in the past month. If the movement focused on just police brutality it would be hovering at 90% and actual change could occur. Instead they've managed to get some streets, basketball courts painted and took down some statues of dead guys

If Biden wins the election look for those numbers to plummet as Orange Man's Administration will no longer be a scapegoat.

Not sure where you got 90% but its actually risen. It was at 53% in early July IIRC. Trump is actually making them more popular, his response to the Portland protest didn't exactly go over well.

If Biden wins, then that means they probably win the senate too. That means big police reforms and a beefed up justice department. Police won't be able to get away with the same shit anymore so the protests will have actually resulted in major changes.

Nathan89
08-02-2020, 06:13 PM
https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1290051365155168257?s=20

Hating our country is part of their ideology. At the street level their ideology results in idiots attacking people for carrying flags or having an opposing opinion.

Prime BEEF
08-03-2020, 12:38 PM

They say they’re protesting police brutality but yet are protesting a federal symbol. Police are state and city run so they should be protesting state flags and state capitols and city halls. When they protest the flag and anthem they are insulting the military...not the police. I’m in the military. I am not a fan politically of POTUS. But mostly everyone that is upset about the insults to the flag and anthem are not mad just because trump says so. Not sure why that isn’t apparent.

Prime BEEF
08-03-2020, 12:47 PM
Because it is literally not about the flag, moron. If everyone was forced to prostrate themselves before the government in front of a t-shirt rather than a flag, they would be kneeling in front of a t-shirt and not a flag. This fake obtuseness is part of what I'm talking about.

Again, YOU don't give a shit about a flag and neither do any of the other pretenders.
This is an incredibly ignorant and illogical post. Clearly you don’t understand who runs and controls police departments. It’s not the federal government. If you are protesting the police, protesting the federal government is the wrong entity.

also I’m in the military and have sacrificed a lot for that flag. So yes, I care deeply about it.

cd021
08-03-2020, 05:35 PM
They say they’re protesting police brutality but yet are protesting a federal symbol. Police are state and city run so they should be protesting state flags and state capitols and city halls. When they protest the flag and anthem they are insulting the military...not the police. I’m in the military. I am not a fan politically of POTUS. But mostly everyone that is upset about the insults to the flag and anthem are not mad just because trump says so. Not sure why that isn’t apparent.

The police essentially have immunity to do whatever, with virtually no repercussions. That was allowed to happen in America, its completely fair for people to be pissed at their own country. Protesting the state of the country isn't insulting the military, that logic doesn't track. Also taking a knee doesn't insult the military, that also doesn't track.

Plenty of people in the military have voiced support for taking a knee or the protests, especially black members of the military. Their voices have been drowned out by a vocal minority, including Trump who has tried to change the narrative. People also intentionally ignore the fact that Kap took a knee, instead of sitting on the bench, after taking members of the military's advice. They gave him that idea.

tim_duncan_fan
08-03-2020, 06:05 PM
This is an incredibly ignorant and illogical post. Clearly you don’t understand who runs and controls police departments. It’s not the federal government. If you are protesting the police, protesting the federal government is the wrong entity.

also I’m in the military and have sacrificed a lot for that flag. So yes, I care deeply about it.

Nope. The problem is national scale and requires national attention.

As for the flag and the military, I'm gonna be more blasphemous than I've been so far:

Did you just need direction or another option coming out of high school?

People that "care about the flag" are about the people and just flat out heroic or just needed someone to tell them what to do coming out of high school. I can understand your emotional investment in the symbol of the government, one has got to be invested in the one's choices after all, but was it out of a love for people or a lack of direction in life?

OldMan88
08-03-2020, 06:37 PM
What other country can a black man go for a jog and end up being chased and killed by three men. Or have a cop kneel on a black man's neck for 8:46 while handcuffed. Or have a black woman shot 8 times while sleeping?

Events like this can happen in any country. The difference here is that we arrest & prosecute those who commit these crimes to the extent allowed by law.

cd021
08-03-2020, 06:55 PM
Events like this can happen in any country. The difference here is that we arrest & prosecute those who commit these crimes to the extent allowed by law.

Do we? I think it varies wildly in the U.S. The people who shot the women 8 times while sleeping are still free three months later. The people who killed the guy who went jogging, wouldn't have been charged had one of them not filmed them chasing and eventually killing him.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-03-2020, 11:28 PM
You liberal ?

:lmao

luv u ducks

Prime BEEF
08-04-2020, 12:51 PM
Nope. The problem is national scale and requires national attention.As for the flag and the military, I'm gonna be more blasphemous than I've been so far:Did you just need direction or another option coming out of high school?People that "care about the flag" are about the people and just flat out heroic or just needed someone to tell them what to do coming out of high school. I can understand your emotional investment in the symbol of the government, one has got to be invested in the one's choices after all, but was it out of a love for people or a lack of direction in life?Didn’t need direction or another option. With what I do and the degrees I have, I would actually make more money if I didn’t work for Uncle Sam.

Prime BEEF
08-04-2020, 01:13 PM
The police essentially have immunity to do whatever, with virtually no repercussions. That was allowed to happen in America, its completely fair for people to be pissed at their own country. Protesting the state of the country isn't insulting the military, that logic doesn't track. Also taking a knee doesn't insult the military, that also doesn't track.

Plenty of people in the military have voiced support for taking a knee or the protests, especially black members of the military. Their voices have been drowned out by a vocal minority, including Trump who has tried to change the narrative. People also intentionally ignore the fact that Kap took a knee, instead of sitting on the bench, after taking members of the military's advice. They gave him that idea.
I am aware of kap’s story and that some of the military are cool with it. But the “military“ didn’t give him the idea. Current military and veterans are very diverse and come from all over the country and have differing political views. Just because one or a handful say something doesn’t mean that a majority are for it. And I am just an individual giving my thoughts on it. I will say that there are a lot of non-republicans and also republicans in the military that would like the athletes to choose a different way of protest. They understand and individuals right to protest but would prefer a different method. The flag and anthem is near and dear to our hearts.

basically, those that are against it are not against it because Trump says so.

cd021
08-04-2020, 04:28 PM
I am aware of kap’s story and that some of the military are cool with it. But the “military“ didn’t give him the idea. Current military and veterans are very diverse and come from all over the country and have differing political views. Just because one or a handful say something doesn’t mean that a majority are for it. And I am just an individual giving my thoughts on it. I will say that there are a lot of non-republicans and also republicans in the military that would like the athletes to choose a different way of protest. They understand and individuals right to protest but would prefer a different method. The flag and anthem is near and dear to our hearts.basically, those that are against it are not against it because Trump says so.My issue is protesting the anthem doesn't mean that they are disrespecting the military, that feels like a random complaint that people have made about Kap and kneeling.No matter what Kap did people would've complained that he was going about it the wrong way.It's about protesting how minorites are mistreated in the country. The backlash kinda proved Kap right, even before the protests started.