PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' Gregg Popovich on standing during national anthem while team knelt: 'I'd prefer to keep that to myself

ducks
08-01-2020, 04:26 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/spurs-gregg-popovich-standing-during-national-anthem-while-team-knelt

Spurtacular
08-01-2020, 04:47 PM
Disgraceful.

https://ktxs.com/resources/media/80b79e9a-3211-48cd-b2dd-07b06ef83324-medium16x9_SPURSKINGS_073120_1845_frame_70967.jpg? 1596240879295

hooperflash
08-01-2020, 05:16 PM
DeMar Deroozan :lol

ducks
08-01-2020, 06:32 PM
https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-demar-derozan-reacts-to-gregg-popovich-becky-hammon-decision-to-stand-during-national-anthem/?fbclid=IwAR2QdSTDWnW00E6Q56JoK6lCxwC0J722-j0WGUaU2V_g6CGY-nPWYYOFM2M

cd021
08-01-2020, 06:38 PM
He's 71, he probably can't. Not a big deal tbh. Ducks being a drama queen per par.

Biggems
08-01-2020, 07:25 PM
Now he wants to keep it to himself

Proxy
08-01-2020, 07:51 PM
now all the white people can like him again

ZeusWillJudge
08-01-2020, 08:08 PM
What a coward.

Play Boban
08-01-2020, 08:37 PM
Pop always finds a way to make the headlines all about him :lmao

SpurSpike
08-01-2020, 10:07 PM
I honestly just assume he is too old to take a knee comfortably and doesn't want to admit it so says he wants to keep it to himself.

Bill_Brasky
08-01-2020, 10:12 PM
Maybe just maybe he served his country and the anthem means something different to him but he's not a fucking douchebag that tries to force that on other people.

Play Boban
08-01-2020, 11:16 PM
Maybe just maybe he served his country and the anthem means something different to him but he's not a fucking douchebag that tries to force that on other people.
:cry

dbreiden83080
08-01-2020, 11:33 PM
Professional athletes making millions and millions of dollars a year acting like they have been somehow oppressed by society.

dbreiden83080
08-01-2020, 11:35 PM

Yes somehow this country has deteriorated into anyone standing for the national anthem apparently is a racist.

wildcardX
08-01-2020, 11:58 PM
'I'd prefer to keep that to myself (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286459&p=10210920)

I would say it's a prostate issue over a bum knee.

TDfan2007
08-02-2020, 01:22 AM
Professional athletes making millions and millions of dollars a year acting like they have been somehow oppressed by society.

Dude how do you not get it? They're standing for other people of color who don't have the benefit of being rich and famous...

Trainwreck2100
08-02-2020, 02:14 AM
Dude how do you not get it? They're standing for other people of color who don't have the benefit of being rich and famous...
No they're not

offset formation
08-02-2020, 02:28 AM
Disgraceful.

https://ktxs.com/resources/media/80b79e9a-3211-48cd-b2dd-07b06ef83324-medium16x9_SPURSKINGS_073120_1845_frame_70967.jpg? 1596240879295

Lol, wut?

offset formation
08-02-2020, 02:31 AM

ignorance on display.

Did you take time to listen to any of the spurs videos they posted on this topic? Of course you didn't because you're a fucking ignorant hack.

Spurtacular
08-02-2020, 02:34 AM

It's disrespectful.

But the billion dollar corporations tell you it's not, so it must not be.

dbestpro
08-02-2020, 07:47 AM
Kneeling was meant to send a message. Everyone knows the message and supports the message. Now we need to stand together to fix the problem perhaps with a fist in the air like in the Olympics. I find the continued use of kneeling to be divisive as too many people are fixated on the issue of keeling whether it is insulting or supportive and not on fixing the issue.

This drive for divisiveness is how the BLM has been partially hijacked by white liberal racists to accommodate their own agenda. Issues like defunding the police just goes too far and get attached to the issue of black suppression by police. I also have to say that the suppression by police issue has caused a great masking of the issue of children without fathers which is harming all races.

offset formation
08-02-2020, 11:21 AM
It's disrespectful.

You are aware a fucking Green Beret, is the one that recommended kneeling to Kap, no?

Just admit you're a hack.

Spurtacular
08-02-2020, 11:29 AM
You are aware a fucking Green Beret, is the one that recommended kneeling to Kap, no?

Just admit you're a hack.

He's a disgrace too.

I admit you'r a hack.

dbreiden83080
08-02-2020, 11:31 AM
ignorance on display.

Did you take time to listen to any of the spurs videos they posted on this topic? Of course you didn't because you're a fucking ignorant hack.

Did you pass out at Wendy's recently?

offset formation
08-02-2020, 11:40 AM
Did you pass out at Wendy's recently?

Nah, just reached my limit for the day with ignorant MAGAts, spewing political nonsense on a Spurs fan page, lol.

lefty
08-02-2020, 12:34 PM
it’s just his kneestbh

baseline bum
08-02-2020, 12:51 PM
Kneeling was meant to send a message. Everyone knows the message and supports the message. Now we need to stand together to fix the problem perhaps with a fist in the air like in the Olympics. I find the continued use of kneeling to be divisive as too many people are fixated on the issue of keeling whether it is insulting or supportive and not on fixing the issue.

This drive for divisiveness is how the BLM has been partially hijacked by white liberal racists to accommodate their own agenda. Issues like defunding the police just goes too far and get attached to the issue of black suppression by police. I also have to say that the suppression by police issue has caused a great masking of the issue of children without fathers which is harming all races.

:lol

The people who whine about the kneeling don't support the message

dbreiden83080
08-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Nah, just reached my limit for the day with ignorant MAGAts, spewing political nonsense on a Spurs fan page, lol.

Not based on your post history you haven't..

TDfan2007
08-02-2020, 02:39 PM
No they're not

And you know this because you've looked into their souls and discovered the truth? GTFO. It's not hard to understand. They feel that this country has not afforded their people all of the rights promised to everyone.

If you want to make this about the military or whatever else, because the subsequent anger you'll feel is easier than trying to understand the actual point of the kneeling, then I feel bad for you.

It's disrespectful.

Most of the billion dollar corporations haven't said a thing. Only Nike has. They don't say shit because they know that most consumers don't take issue with the kneeling, and they're all about the bottom line.

Black people in this country are are imprisoned more, face harsher punishments for the same crimes, have a tougher time finding employment compared to whites with equal resumes, and still face educational/economic disadvantages that stem from Jim Crow laws and segregation.

But when they protest and say black lives matter, you say all lives matter. When they kneel, you say it's disrespectful. Just admit it, you want them to shut up and keep toiling.

Spurtacular
08-02-2020, 02:56 PM
Most of the billion dollar corporations haven't said a thing. Only Nike has. They don't say shit because they know that most consumers don't take issue with the kneeling, and they're all about the bottom line.

They've materially supported this. It's not in doubt.

Spurtacular
08-02-2020, 02:59 PM
Black people in this country are are imprisoned more, face harsher punishments for the same crimes, have a tougher time finding employment compared to whites with equal resumes, and still face educational/economic disadvantages that stem from Jim Crow laws and segregation.

But when they protest and say black lives matter, you say all lives matter. When they kneel, you say it's disrespectful. Just admit it, you want them to shut up and keep toiling.

Blacks commit higher crimes at alarming rates. And they get rewarded with jobs and educations for having lesser resumes.

I do want them to shut the hell up and take responsibility for themselves.

Joseph Kony
08-02-2020, 03:01 PM
Not kneeling bad now

GAustex
08-02-2020, 03:02 PM
Almost every contract issued by the government requires that a minimum amount of the contract is paid to minority owned companies and requires evidence that companies are staffed by a certain number of minorities.

cd98
08-02-2020, 03:27 PM
Pop not kneeling shows he’s ignorant.

Ibleedslvrnblk
08-02-2020, 04:19 PM
I'd be more worried if he couldn't take a sip of water without the other hand helping the cup up to his mouth....just saying

Trainwreck2100
08-02-2020, 05:30 PM
And you know this because you've looked into their souls and discovered the truth? GTFO. It's not hard to understand. They feel that this country has not afforded their people all of the rights promised to everyone.

If you want to make this about the military or whatever else, because the subsequent anger you'll feel is easier than trying to understand the actual point of the kneeling, then I feel bad for you.

I know this because they aren't standing they're kneeling, I don't have to look into their souls I can just look at a picture. You said they're standing they're not standing.

TDfan2007
08-02-2020, 10:39 PM
I know this because they aren't standing they're kneeling, I don't have to look into their souls I can just look at a picture. You said they're standing they're not standing.

That...is a fair point lol. Oops

TDfan2007
08-02-2020, 10:45 PM
Blacks commit higher crimes at alarming rates. And they get rewarded with jobs and educations for having lesser resumes.

I do want them to shut the hell up and take responsibility for themselves.

You addressed none of those valid concerns. Nobody should shut up and accept systemic racism. Quit moving goal posts

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-03-2020, 12:14 AM
pop not kneeling to own the cons

FrostKing
08-03-2020, 03:24 AM

Spurtacular
08-03-2020, 04:36 AM
You addressed none of those valid concerns. Nobody should shut up and accept systemic racism. Quit moving goal posts

Systematic racism works against white people.

All of this said, the debate's fine. The antics aren't.

dbestpro
08-03-2020, 10:26 AM
:lol

The people who whine about the kneeling don't support the message

If you do not look at issues from both sides you will forever find yourself wrong half the time.

baseline bum
08-03-2020, 10:51 AM
If you do not look at issues from both sides you will forever find yourself wrong half the time.

The people who whine about kneeling are just echoing Trump's whining about it.

June: Why won't these naggers protest peacefully?

August: Why are the naggers protesting? (peacefully)

dbestpro
08-03-2020, 11:38 AM
The people who whine about kneeling are just echoing Trump's whining about it.

June: Why won't these naggers protest peacefully?

August: Why are the naggers protesting? (peacefully)

The people protesting are mostly white liberal racists who have been using you and every other minority for 50 years for political purposes. They are the inventors of systemic racism. They treat minorities like cattle. They have successfully corralled minorities into the inner city projects and support planned parenthood when it is time to cull the herd.

The most dangerous white supremacist is a liberal whose superior attitudes are so evident as their actions show that they do not believe minorities can think for themselves and need them to survive. No minority will be truly woke till they see the suppression that comes from conservative and liberal alike. Biden in no way shape or form is any better than Trump when it comes to race and in fact may be worse. With a conservative racist you see it coming. With a liberal racist you get it in the back everytime.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-03-2020, 11:39 AM

:tu

I think just about any military veteran would stand during the anthem.

baseline bum
08-03-2020, 11:51 AM
The people protesting are mostly white liberal racists who have been using you and every other minority for 50 years for political purposes. They are the inventors of systemic racism. They treat minorities like cattle. They have successfully corralled minorities into the inner city projects and support planned parenthood when it is time to cull the herd.

The most dangerous white supremacist is a liberal whose superior attitudes are so evident as their actions show that they do not believe minorities can think for themselves and need them to survive. No minority will be truly woke till they see the suppression that comes from conservative and liberal alike. Biden in no way shape or form is any better than Trump when it comes to race and in fact may be worse. With a conservative racist you see it coming. With a liberal racist you get it in the back everytime.

What a rightwing fever dream load of crap. You're the one who just said naggers can't think for themselves with your corralling talk.

koriwhat
08-03-2020, 12:18 PM
Now he wants to keep it to himself

right? pop just panders to the dipshit "woke" crowd in interviews.

Kool Bob Love
08-03-2020, 12:31 PM
He's 71, he probably can't. Not a big deal tbh. Ducks being a drama queen per par.

I honestly just assume he is too old to take a knee comfortably and doesn't want to admit it so says he wants to keep it to himself.

'I'd prefer to keep that to myself (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286459&p=10210920)

I would say it's a prostate issue over a bum knee.

pop not kneeling to own the cons

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZ-pu8GU0AAf3cM.jpg

Prime BEEF
08-03-2020, 01:04 PM

Agree with most all of this

Biggems
08-03-2020, 01:27 PM
I find kneeling to be a show of weakness and submission. I knelt to propose. I knelt to play with my little one. I kneel for Jesus and God. For everything else, I stand tall.

Frenchfred
08-03-2020, 01:50 PM
I guess that you don’t understand why they are doing it

Frenchfred
08-03-2020, 01:54 PM
It's disrespectful.

Why? There is no mention of kneeling in the flag code as being disrespectful.

but according to that code:
The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown

which republicans do ALL the time but somehow you don’t find that disrespectful. Funny how republicans believe to be the patriot ones

dbreiden83080
08-03-2020, 01:57 PM
I guess that you don’t understand why they are doing it

Yes they are standing up for people's right to get drunk at the Wendy's drive in, and turn a taser on a cop without getting killed..

Well NOT all people.. Just African Americans.. Let the Drunk's go.. Let them just walk home is one solution I heard.. And a great one..

dbreiden83080
08-03-2020, 02:01 PM

I am not comfortable with what this has deteriorated into. No accountability for African Americans that resist arrest, just racist cops.. It is all on the bad white cops.. Now anyone who is white, that stands up is a racist or called out. I don't owe anyone an explanation for standing. If Pop wants to speak out against racism, but stand he owes nobody an explanation. But now anyone that stands is a story on the ESPN Homepage.. It is BS..

Spurtacular
08-03-2020, 02:31 PM
Why? There is no mention of kneeling in the flag code as being disrespectful.

but according to that code:
The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown

which republicans do ALL the time but somehow you don’t find that disrespectful. Funny how republicans believe to be the patriot ones

The code is stand at attention, putz.

GAustex
08-03-2020, 02:54 PM
rules are for other folks and/or only the ones they agree with

TDfan2007
08-03-2020, 04:37 PM
I am not comfortable with what this has deteriorated into. No accountability for African Americans that resist arrest, just racist cops.. It is all on the bad white cops.. Now anyone who is white, that stands up is a racist or called out. I don't owe anyone an explanation for standing. If Pop wants to speak out against racism, but stand he owes nobody an explanation. But now anyone that stands is a story on the ESPN Homepage.. It is BS..

I agree that this situation can't be oversimplified into "you didn't kneel, you hate black people" or anything of that sort. And tbh, being murdered by a cop isn't even one of the biggest issues that black people should be focused on imo. I think the criminal justice system as a whole is corrupt, and black people have been affected by a disparity in mercy (harsher punishments for the same crimes). The other big issues are inadequate education in poor neighborhoods and the fact that black individuals have a tougher time with employment, all other factors being equal.

All of the issues need to be addressed, including racist cops and their complicit partners/departments. But there needs to be accountability and due process on all sides. I don't want this to go the way of Me Too, where people were guilty upon accusation and people couldn't differentiate between tasteless humor and actual assault/molestation.

And you're right, you owe nobody an explanation for standing during the anything...nobody does. It's their right to stand, the same way it's their right to sit in order to send a message. It's part of what makes this country (sort of) a free country...

OldMan88
08-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Given the lack of respect for the flag being shown by these protesters, it’s ironic the first Congressional Medal Of Honor awarded to a black soldier was for what he did to protect the flag. When these protesters disrespect the flag, they disrespect heroes like this.

https://www.army.mil/article/181896/meet_sgt_william_carney_the_first_african_american _medal_of_honor_recipient

Of the 3,498 service members who have received the Medal of Honor throughout U.S. history, only 88 have been black.
In recognition of African American History Month, we're sharing the stories of the brave men who so gallantly risked and gave their lives for others, even in times when others weren't willing to do the same in return.
We'll start with the first black recipient of the award: Army Sgt. William H. Carney, who earned the honor for protecting one of the United States' greatest symbols during the Civil War -- the American flag.
Carney was born into slavery in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1840. His family was eventually granted freedom and moved to Massachusetts, where Carney was eager to learn and secretly got involved in academics, despite laws and restrictions that banned blacks from learning to read and write.
Carney had wanted to pursue a career in the church, but when the Civil War broke out, he decided the best way he could serve God was by serving in the military to help free the oppressed.
In March 1863, Carney joined the Union Army and was attached to Company C, 54th Massachusetts Colored Infantry Regiment, the first official black unit recruited for the Union in the north. Forty other black men served with him, including two of famed abolitionist Frederick Douglass' sons.
Within a few months, Carney's training would be put to the ultimate test during the unit's first major combat mission in Charleston, South Carolina.
On July 18, 1863, the soldiers of Carney's regiment led the charge on Fort Wagner. During the battle, the unit's color guard was shot. Carney, who was just a few feet away, saw the dying man stumble, and he scrambled to catch the falling flag.
Despite suffering several serious gunshot wounds himself, Carney kept the symbol of the Union held high as he crawled up the hill to the walls of Fort Wagner, urging his fellow troops to follow him. He planted the flag in the sand at the base of the fort and held it upright until his near-lifeless body was rescued.
Even then, though, he didn't give it up. Many witnesses said Carney refused to give the flag to his rescuers, holding onto it tighter until, with assistance, he made it to the Union's temporary barracks.
Carney lost a lot of blood and nearly lost his life, but not once did he allow the flag to touch the ground. His heroics inspired other soldiers that day and were crucial to the North securing victory at Fort Wagner. Carney was promoted to the rank of sergeant for his actions.
For his bravery, Carney was awarded the Medal of Honor on May 23, 1900.
Carney's legacy serves as a shining example of the patriotism that Americans felt at that time, despite the color of their skin.
As for the 54th Massachusetts Colored Infantry Regiment in which Carney served? It was disestablished long ago but reactivated in 2008. It now serves as a National Guard ceremonial unit that renders honorary funerals and state functions. It was even invited to march in President Barack Obama's inaugural parade.

dbestpro
08-04-2020, 12:16 PM
What a rightwing fever dream load of crap. You're the one who just said naggers can't think for themselves with your corralling talk.
You seem to have trouble with my words and being able to understand them so let me be perfectly clear. You either choose to be a slave to your white liberal master or you are an Uncle Tom. You will never be WOKE until you can see the right does not like you but the left is playing you. Always has. Always will be.

baseline bum
08-04-2020, 01:22 PM
You seem to have trouble with my words and being able to understand them so let me be perfectly clear. You either choose to be a slave to your white liberal master or you are an Uncle Tom. You will never be WOKE until you can see the right does not like you but the left is playing you. Always has. Always will be.

Your political posts are always filled with such lies, just like when you lied about the ACA completely blowing healthcare costs to hell by claiming in 2009 before ACA that healthcare costs were a percentage of GDP that they hadn't been since the 1980s. LOL liberals the inventors of systemic racism. Right, it wasn't dixie, it was abolitionists and people against Jim Crow who are responsible for the systemic racism in this nation. Yeah it's Democrats gutting and finally eliminating the Voting Right Act. Typical rightwing bothsides tripe, every person I know who talks like you is a rabid Republican when actually in the voting booth. But you say bothsides because you can't defend your side.

gambit1990
08-04-2020, 02:43 PM
pop can decide what he wants to talk or not talk about it.

so can i. so can you.

hey OP, you will never agree with pop politically so get the fück over it.

DMC
08-04-2020, 07:46 PM

:lol Sure buddy, he served 5 years touring Eastern Europe playing basketball and that 5 years shaped his entire world view. Never mind the 20+ years he's made a fortune off the backs of black men in the NBA - that didn't move him. Now it's about disrespecting the flag. Before it wasn't. Make up your fucking minds. I don't give a fuck if you kneel and suck a dick while you're down there, just don't pretend it's for some grand cause because it's really just marketing. What are they going to do to protest now, stand back up? Turn around backwards? Everyone kneeling means no one is really protesting.

DMC
08-04-2020, 07:54 PM

Virtue signaling is a leading narrative with MSM. Readers eat it up because they are mostly faggots and assholes.

SupremeGuy
08-04-2020, 08:30 PM
:lol Sure buddy, he served 5 years touring Eastern Europe playing basketball and that 5 years shaped his entire world view. Never mind the 20+ years he's made a fortune off the backs of black men in the NBA - that didn't move him. Now it's about disrespecting the flag. Before it wasn't. Make up your fucking minds. I don't give a fuck if you kneel and suck a dick while you're down there, just don't pretend it's for some grand cause because it's really just marketing. What are they going to do to protest now, stand back up? Turn around backwards? Everyone kneeling means no one is really protesting.This, tbh.

SayTown
08-04-2020, 09:06 PM

This is the truth right here and anyone who can't see it is asleep and the antithesis of "Woke".

Frenchfred
08-05-2020, 02:28 AM
The code is stand at attention, putz.

according to the code millions of americans disrespect the flag everyday but you don’t care. Black people kneel, which has never been a mark of disrespect in any culture, and republicans freak out. I think that it says a lot about those people and their feelings toward black people

Frenchfred
08-05-2020, 02:32 AM
:lol Sure buddy, he served 5 years touring Eastern Europe playing basketball and that 5 years shaped his entire world view. Never mind the 20+ years he's made a fortune off the backs of black men in the NBA - that didn't move him. Now it's about disrespecting the flag. Before it wasn't. Make up your fucking minds. I don't give a fuck if you kneel and suck a dick while you're down there, just don't pretend it's for some grand cause because it's really just marketing. What are they going to do to protest now, stand back up? Turn around backwards? Everyone kneeling means no one is really protesting.

at the same time, as kneeling has been a sign of respect in many culture, don’t pretend that you are these patriots freaked out about it. We all know that this is about the fact that they are black.

Spurtacular
08-05-2020, 02:42 AM
at the same time, as kneeling has been a sign of respect in many culture, don’t pretend that you are these patriots freaked out about it. We all know that this is about the fact that they are black.

The respectable custom of standing has been established. Let's not pretend otherwise.
For what it's worth, I've never been a fan of compulsory national displays. I'd be fine with just not having the national anthem played. But I'm not going to pretend these kneelers are respecting it. I know that's not what's going on here. In fact, what's going on is just frat antics.

Frenchfred
08-05-2020, 07:55 AM
The respectable custom of standing has been established. Let's not pretend otherwise.
For what it's worth, I've never been a fan of compulsory national displays. I'd be fine with just not having the national anthem played. But I'm not going to pretend these kneelers are respecting it. I know that's not what's going on here. In fact, what's going on is just frat antics.

By who? There is a code about what's respectful and what's not; here is the link. Just because Republicans disrespect the flag on a DAILY basis doesn't mean that this is respectable. As usual, Republicans are misinformed or not informed.
https://www.military.com/flag-day/us-flag-code.html

I'm not saying that the kneelers respect the flag by kneeling, I'm saying they don't disrespect it. If kneeling is a disrespect, we should tell all the men to stop kneeling when proposing to their fiance.

ZeusWillJudge
08-05-2020, 08:57 AM
Here... have some whine and cheese.

Dirks_Finale
08-05-2020, 10:39 AM
How nice of Pop...the biggest liberal white shamer in all of sports standing and evading the topic when questioned.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with patriotism as he is as anti-American as they come. Probably a bum knee.

Spurtacular
08-05-2020, 12:18 PM
By who? There is a code about what's respectful and what's not; here is the link. Just because Republicans disrespect the flag on a DAILY basis doesn't mean that this is respectable. As usual, Republicans are misinformed or not informed.
https://www.military.com/flag-day/us-flag-code.html

I'm not saying that the kneelers respect the flag by kneeling, I'm saying they don't disrespect it. If kneeling is a disrespect, we should tell all the men to stop kneeling when proposing to their fiance.

The code is centuries of custom, not merely those military guidelines. This all started because Kaepernick spazzed that he was being benched. Then the corporations ran with it as a movement.

spurraider21
08-05-2020, 03:18 PM
its not about them individually

whats next? "ugh, people who were actually born acting like abortion oppresses them"

Mugen
08-05-2020, 06:52 PM
I really wish Pop sticked to politics tbh.

DMC
08-05-2020, 07:56 PM

I couldn't care less who stands or kneels. It's become a wealthy white virtue signaling move appropriated from blacks, namely one black man who risked his career and was actually protesting. Now the protesting thing to do is not kneel. Now those people have to explain why they didn't kneel, when the protocol is to stand and place your hand over your heart. Now corporate America owns black protest rights. Reminds me of when Wayne's World went corporate.. "I guess" -Garth

DMC
08-05-2020, 07:57 PM
The code is centuries of custom, not merely those military guidelines. This all started because Kaepernick spazzed that he was being benched. Then the corporations ran with it as a movement.

They actually didn't. They didn't hop on until the balance of economic pressure shifted to the "kneeling" side, when Congress took a knee.

Spurtacular
08-05-2020, 09:13 PM
They actually didn't. They didn't hop on until the balance of economic pressure shifted to the "kneeling" side, when Congress took a knee.

Bull shit. The corporate media made Kaepernick a martyr from the start.

DMC
08-05-2020, 09:25 PM
Bull shit. The corporate media made Kaepernick a martyr from the start.

Not true. Kap took at knee in 2016. Nike didn't get onboard until he was out of the NFL, in 2018. The popularity of Black Lives Matter has rapidly shifted over time. Whereas public opinion on Black Lives Matter was net negative in 2018, it grew increasingly popular through 2019 and 2020. A June 2020 Pew Research Center poll found that the majority of Americans, across all racial and ethnic groups, have expressed support for the Black Lives Matter movement. Not surprising that corporations have jumped on the bandwagon publicly even if in their board rooms they are still the same old white good old boy club.

FrostKing
08-06-2020, 12:12 AM
Not true. Kap took at knee in 2016. Nike didn't get onboard until he was out of the NFL, in 2018. The popularity of Black Lives Matter has rapidly shifted over time. Whereas public opinion on Black Lives Matter was net negative in 2018, it grew increasingly popular through 2019 and 2020. A June 2020 Pew Research Center poll found that the majority of Americans, across all racial and ethnic groups, have expressed support for the Black Lives Matter movement. Not surprising that corporations have jumped on the bandwagon publicly even if in their board rooms they are still the same old white good old boy club.
What else grew through 2019 and 2020 - doxxing. I still believe majority of people don't care one way or another. If you force them to choose a side with their job and physical safety on the line, then yes almost all will answer sure. I'll attend a work seminar in order to keep my job. The amount of people standing up to the Brownshirts in Germany also decreased over time...

Frenchfred
08-06-2020, 02:10 AM
Here... have some whine and cheese.

Actually the snowflakes are the poor little republicans who cannot stand to see a black person kneeling

Frenchfred
08-06-2020, 02:12 AM

I agree centuries of custom have said that kneeling is not disrespectful but clearly the opposite.

The psychology of taking a knee
While we can’t know for sure, kneeling probably derives from a core principle in mammalian nonverbal behavior: make the body smaller and look up to show respect, esteem, and deference. This is seen, for example, in dogs and chimps, who reduce their height to show submissiveness. Kneeling can also be a posture of mourning and sadness. It makes the one who kneels more vulnerable.

Frenchfred
08-06-2020, 02:20 AM
So I'm sure that the same people will be outraged by Trump's behavior during the Anthem but I'm a 100% sure that they won't
https://globalnews.ca/news/6503805/donald-trump-national-anthem-video/

Spurtacular
08-06-2020, 05:07 AM
I agree centuries of custom have said that kneeling is not disrespectful but clearly the opposite.

The psychology of taking a knee
While we can’t know for sure, kneeling probably derives from a core principle in mammalian nonverbal behavior: make the body smaller and look up to show respect, esteem, and deference. This is seen, for example, in dogs and chimps, who reduce their height to show submissiveness. Kneeling can also be a posture of mourning and sadness. It makes the one who kneels more vulnerable.

Standing at attention is the custom / protocol. This is only a debate if you're an idiot.

Frenchfred
08-06-2020, 05:27 AM
Standing at attention is the custom / protocol. This is only a debate if you're an idiot.

so Trump disrespected the flag, we agree? Where is the outrage?

i’m repeating myself but there is a flag code, Republicans disrespect the flag on a daily basis. Where is the outrage?

republicans are just hypocrites

Spurtacular
08-06-2020, 05:46 AM
so Trump disrespected the flag, we agree? Where is the outrage?

i’m repeating myself but there is a flag code, Republicans disrespect the flag on a daily basis. Where is the outrage?

republicans are just hypocrites

Tantrum.

Frenchfred
08-06-2020, 08:41 AM
Tantrum.

I admit that before I was always angry at Trump supporters and then I started to understand that on average (not talking about normal republicans) they are not that bright so there is really no point at getting mad at them. It’s like getting mad at an animal because he doesn’t understand, he has limited capacities, it is not his fault. Same with Trump supporters, it is simply not their fault

DMC
08-06-2020, 08:56 AM
What else grew through 2019 and 2020 - doxxing. I still believe majority of people don't care one way or another. If you force them to choose a side with their job and physical safety on the line, then yes almost all will answer sure. I'll attend a work seminar in order to keep my job. The amount of people standing up to the Brownshirts in Germany also decreased over time...

We know how long the Polish stood up to them

FrostKing
08-06-2020, 11:00 AM
We know how long the Polish stood up to them
Brownshirts were not a military unit. They only operated domestically as enforcers for a political party. Hence my post, kiddo.

Spurtacular
08-06-2020, 11:19 AM
I admit that before I was always angry at Trump supporters and then I started to understand that on average (not talking about normal republicans) they are not that bright so there is really no point at getting mad at them. It’s like getting mad at an animal because he doesn’t understand, he has limited capacities, it is not his fault. Same with Trump supporters, it is simply not their fault

You got some serious Dunning-Kruger going.

You're mad because you're team lost. That's how you've been programmed.