PDA

View Full Version : The Upcoming Eviction Crisis

baseline bum
08-01-2020, 09:13 PM
So, how long until we see cities burning, assuming our Dear Senate will never ok any kind of bailout of renters?

Will Hunting
08-01-2020, 09:23 PM
I’m sure we’ll have government intervention that involves giving a fuckload of welfare to landlords while the distressed tenants get just enough breadcrumbs to survive and not revolt.

Nbadan
08-01-2020, 09:24 PM
It's a renter and a home investor problem...many home owners have taken the mortgage forbearance on their on homes (because you can't forebear a rental) but they have not passed the savings on to their renters

DarrinS
08-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Won't affect me

ChumpDumper
08-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Won't affect me
Oh praise Jesus.

baseline bum
08-01-2020, 09:37 PM
I’m sure we’ll have government intervention that involves giving a fuckload of welfare to landlords while the distressed tenants get just enough breadcrumbs to survive and not revolt.

I doubt it. I imagine that fuckload of welfare will go the banks that the landlords aren't able to make their loan payments to since their tenants can't pay their rent to the landlords. So we'll get two levels of Americans who are completely fucked while the banks get to be made whole.

baseline bum
08-01-2020, 09:44 PM
Won't affect me

You think so? This is the kind of shit that leads to governments being overthrown. Or maybe just cities being set ablaze and everyone having to be on edge for getting robbed say when they go to the grocery store. You don't think that's going to affect your ability to earn if the nation is in chaos? If you all of a sudden have 40 million people homeless with nothing to lose you don't think that's going to affect most people in this nation?

SnakeBoy
08-01-2020, 09:47 PM
I doubt it. I imagine that fuckload of welfare will go the banks that the landlords aren't able to make their loan payments to since their tenants can't pay their rent to the landlords. So we'll get two levels of Americans who are completely fucked while the banks get to be made whole.

Fed has already pledged unlimited financial asset purchases. Idk if unlimited is more or less than a fuckload.

pgardn
08-01-2020, 09:50 PM
Won't affect me

The United States of America.

Damn we are good...

pgardn
08-01-2020, 09:50 PM
Fed has already pledged unlimited financial asset purchases. Idk if unlimited is more or less than a fuckload.

Its more than a fuckload.
Its a shitload more than a fuckload.

Nbadan
08-01-2020, 10:00 PM
There will be a new renter eviction protection program in the new stimulus, but until that is passed many renters could face eviction proceedings....they need to be given until Aug 24th to actually be evicted

SnakeBoy
08-01-2020, 10:03 PM

:lol

baseline bum
08-01-2020, 10:05 PM
There will be a new renter eviction protection program in the new stimulus, but until that is passed many renters could face eviction proceedings....they need to be given until Aug 24th to actually be evicted

I wouldn't be so sure there will be another stimulus bill. The White House's proposal to extend PUA unemployment for only four months so Mitch McConnell can then crash the economy if Biden wins isn't going to get Democrat support. And if he passes something, McConnell is going to have to do it with a lot of Democrat votes in the senate since 1/2 of Republicans will vote against any stimulus bill at this point with an election near.

Spurtacular
08-01-2020, 10:09 PM
If only someone had said to not shut shit down for the sniffles.

DarrinS
08-01-2020, 10:13 PM

If only fire could melt steel

hater
08-01-2020, 10:13 PM

Time to move on ma niga

clambake
08-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Trump is dead without new stimulus

And it has to last 3 1/2 months

DarrinS
08-01-2020, 10:18 PM
Trump is dead without new stimulus

And it has to last 3 1/2 months

Is Biden alive?

ElNono
08-01-2020, 10:18 PM

This was never an option.

DarrinS
08-01-2020, 10:19 PM
We only get semicoherent updates from Biden's basement.

clambake
08-01-2020, 10:20 PM
Darrin lol

Spurtacular
08-01-2020, 10:20 PM
Time to move on ma niga

Agreed. Open sh** up and start trust busting.

ElNono
08-01-2020, 10:21 PM

Which is truly sad, but a reflection that this administration's handling of this problem has been nothing short of a shitshow, tbh...

Like somebody else said, they thought this was a PR problem, not a health emergency...

ChumpDumper
08-01-2020, 10:21 PM
Is Biden alive?

We only get semicoherent updates from Biden's basement.Oh shit, Darrin's voting for Trump y'all.

He means it this time!

Spurtacular
08-01-2020, 10:22 PM

Were you expecting more?

Blake
08-01-2020, 10:22 PM

Thanks for the update from yours

DarrinS
08-01-2020, 10:24 PM
Oh shit, Darrin's voting for Trump y'all.

He means it this time!

Oh snap!

DMC
08-01-2020, 10:25 PM
The United States of America.

Damn we are good...

Open your doors to the homeless. We don't need to wait for others, there are plenty now. No? So much for your internet virtue signaling.

SnakeBoy
08-01-2020, 10:26 PM
This was never an option.

Unfortunately

ChumpDumper
Oh snap!What are your positive reasons for your vote for Trump this November?

Blake
Open your doors to the homeless. We don't need to wait for others, there are plenty now. No? So much for your internet virtue signaling.

What a stupid post

DMC
08-01-2020, 10:27 PM
What are your positive reasons for your vote for Trump this November?

Gladys Kravitz of the ST forum wants to know

ChumpDumper
08-01-2020, 10:29 PM
Gladys Kravitz of the ST forum wants to knowYou can add it to your files you have on us. I thought it was a discussion board but it's really just here for Trump supporters to soothe themselves.:lol

Spurtacular
08-01-2020, 10:31 PM

What a stupid post

Is it a requirement that your bulls be homeowners or renters, board cuckold?

pgardn
08-01-2020, 10:39 PM

Now tell us how big and bad you are and the world will not watch out for you.
Do it Mountain man. Tell us how you like your coffee in the morning and it will not be missed.

We got a tiny church right down the street that does that. Its full. Like to help? Some steal the pastor blind but he keeps getting donations. Strange stuff.
And yes, I help feed them. Because Im such an optimist. I believe social societies actually act in a social manner.

Or better yet, lets get you back on physics so I can make fun of you... since Im such a White Knight.

DarrinS
08-01-2020, 10:40 PM

1. Not Biden

ChumpDumper
08-01-2020, 10:41 PM
1. Not BidenThat's not a positive reason.

Spurtacular
08-01-2020, 10:43 PM
That's not a positive reason.

Sure it is. I'd very happy to not have the war machine's puppet. That's very positive.

Now cry in a corner, cherp.

DarrinS
08-01-2020, 10:43 PM
That's not a positive reason.

Sure, it is

Will Hunting
08-01-2020, 10:45 PM
Sure, it is
Whether or not it is, it’s telling that the most positive thing you have to say about ya boy is that he’s not the other guy :lol

ChumpDumper
08-01-2020, 10:45 PM
Sure it is. I'd very happy to not have the war machine's puppet. That's very positive.

Now cry in a corner, cherp.

Sure, it is:lol If you have no reasons to vote FOR Trump, that's cool.

DarrinS
08-01-2020, 10:46 PM
I'm sure a fairly large number of people who hold their nose and vote Biden will be because he's not Trump.

pgardn
No one on this site is gonna change anyone else's mind.
There is no need to pretend.

pgardn
I'm sure a fairly large number of people who hold their nose and vote Biden will be because he's not Trump.

Present.

He cant be worse than a middle school con boy.
Even dead.

Will Hunting
:lol If you have no reasons to vote FOR Trump, that's cool.
At least he’s now admitting he’s a Trump supporter. Took nearly 4 years, but baby steps amirite :lol

Reck
08-01-2020, 10:48 PM
Why is Darrin shitting all over this thread?

Randomly bringing up Biden and such.

ChumpDumper
At least he’s now admitting he’s a Trump supporter. Took nearly 4 years, but baby steps amirite :lolSuch a long time to broker honestly....

Spurtacular
:lol If you have no reasons to vote FOR Trump, that's cool.

It's not my fault that the Democrats offer an inferior product. Those are your tears.

pgardn
08-01-2020, 10:53 PM
It's not my fault that the Democrats offer an inferior product. Those are your tears.

You have been bathing for over 3 years in an inferior product and you get aroused by it.
Its understood.

Will Hunting
08-01-2020, 10:54 PM
You think so? This is the kind of shit that leads to governments being overthrown. Or maybe just cities being set ablaze and everyone having to be on edge for getting robbed say when they go to the grocery store. You don't think that's going to affect your ability to earn if the nation is in chaos? If you all of a sudden have 40 million people homeless with nothing to lose you don't think that's going to affect most people in this nation?
Just to add to this before Darrin completely derails this thread by pretending he’s not a Trump supporter, for all the conservatives who constantly worry about the communist boogeyman in America, the only way a communist uprising in this country ever becomes possible is with something like tens of millions of people facing homelessness and extreme poverty.

This is why even if you’re filthy rich, you should favor safety nets and government programs that keep everything stable. It’s a small price to pay to make sure a bunch of angry poor people aren’t burning cities to the ground.

Spurtacular
08-01-2020, 10:54 PM
You have been bathing for over 3 years in an inferior product and you get aroused by it.
Its understood.

Don't lash out because you can't uphold the sh** your overlords commanded you to support.

ChumpDumper
08-01-2020, 10:55 PM
Why is Darrin shitting all over this thread?

Randomly bringing up Biden and such.He's warning us that Biden could be a bad president and to be thankful for Trump and the paradise on Earth Trump has made you ungrateful fucks.

ChumpDumper
08-01-2020, 10:56 PM
It's not my fault that the Democrats offer an inferior product. Those are your tears.You think Trump is doing a good job?

Yes or no.

Will Hunting
08-01-2020, 10:58 PM
All of the rent relief so far has come in the form of rent deferrals, even if we get more of that, there’s still going to be a crisis when the pandemic is over and we have tens of millions of renters who are paying rent 3-6 months in arrears and don’t have the income to get current on rent. There’s no solution for that even being contemplated.

Reck
08-01-2020, 11:05 PM
The people who are purposefully avoiding paying the rent that actually have some sort of income are going to regret it. They’re only doing that to be edgy.

A friend of a friend is skipping payments. She actually thought it was rent forgiveness and that she could just pocket the extra cash. Dumb bitch was already thousands in the hole after she realized the obvious.

Spurtacular
08-01-2020, 11:06 PM
You think Trump is doing a good job?

Yes or no.

I think Zombie Rapist is an inferior product.

I'm not going to aid in comforting you about that.

ChumpDumper
08-01-2020, 11:07 PM
I think Zombie Rapist is an inferior product.

I'm not going to aid in comforting you about that.By saying you think Trump is doing a good job?

One has nothing to do with the other.

derp folds

Spurtacular
08-01-2020, 11:11 PM
By saying you think Trump is doing a good job?

One has nothing to do with the other.

derp folds

Your product is godawful. Nothing to discuss there.

I reclaim my time.

Spurtacular
08-01-2020, 11:15 PM
The people who are purposefully avoiding paying the rent that actually have some sort of income are going to regret it. They’re only doing that to be edgy.

A friend of a friend is skipping payments. She actually thought it was rent forgiveness and that she could just pocket the extra cash. Dumb bitch was already thousands in the hole after she realized the obvious.

Yea, that's the heart of the matter, tranny.

:lol "friend of a friend"

Will Hunting
08-01-2020, 11:17 PM

At some point there’s going to be a waive of renters getting evicted and applying for leases at new apartments that will be more lenient approving tenants with sketchy payment histories because of COVID, so some of them could very well get away with it.

Its going to demolish their credit score though.

pgardn
08-01-2020, 11:22 PM
Don't lash out because you can't uphold the sh** your overlords commanded you to support.

Oh yeah.
The overlords.

I need to invent a beast of collusion among capitalist pigs.
Or you would rather it be communist pigs...

ChumpDumper
08-01-2020, 11:24 PM
Your product is godawful. Nothing to discuss there.

I fold all the time.FIFY

spurraider21
08-01-2020, 11:38 PM
You’ve been getting talking points from Rising, eh?

Spurtacular
08-01-2020, 11:53 PM
You’ve been getting talking points from Rising, eh?

I suppose they've expressed a similar sentiment. Do you think people don't know chumpettes are sheep, Lite? :lol

Dirks_Finale
08-02-2020, 12:07 AM
It will when Vagrants are taking a dump in your front lawn and robbing you blind when you leave the house.

Won't affect me

Winehole23
08-02-2020, 07:58 AM
Open your doors to the homeless. We don't need to wait for others, there are plenty now. No? So much for your internet virtue signaling.Replacing lost economic demand and keeping society grossly intact is the government's job during a depression. Leaving the solution of systemic problems to individuals is Hooverism, and we all know how that one went.

Reck
08-02-2020, 08:05 AM
It will when Vagrants are taking a dump in your front lawn and robbing you blind when you leave the house.

Darrin lives in a bubble. He said the same thing about this virus.

Nothing ever bothers him. He’s either lying or just a psychopath.

Winehole23
08-02-2020, 08:25 AM
instead of taking on problems ad hoc, automatic stabilizers can have statistical triggers, which at least help to avoid awkward political horse trading over piles of human bodies.

The United States has a number of automatic stabilizers in action already, though we don’t always think of them as such. Safety-net programs like food stamps and unemployment insurance, for instance, fit the bill. They are designed primarily to help Americans in times of need, but as a result they also add ballast to the wider economy at moments of crisis by boosting household spending power and aggregate demand.
https://slate.com/business/2020/07/coronavirus-recession-automatic-stabilizers.html

Winehole23
08-02-2020, 08:35 AM
Programs also tend to work better if they are in advance and tested, instead of thrown together on the fly while the world is burning. Had Congress decided ahead of time that it wanted to let freelancers get unemployment benefits, or try to pay people their full wages after losing a job, or send out checks to nearly every American at a moment’s notice the next time the economy crumbled, we might have had good systems in place to do them. Instead, we’ve run into all manner of administrative and logistical headaches, from laid off workers waiting months (https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/07/13/unemployment-payment-delays/) for their benefits to the Treasury sending out prepaid debit cards that people threw away (https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/06/02/didnt-get-your-stimulus-payment-heres-how-find-it/) because they looked like junk mail. (The entire structure (https://slate.com/business/2020/03/republicans-drafting-error-coronavirus-stimulus-bill.html) of the flat, $600 unemployment bonus that’s so controversial was essentially a workaround to deal with the limits of antiquated state computer systems.) It’s good that Congress can improvise when called up. But it would be nice if our parachute actually deployed properly the next time the economy was in freefall.

Pelicans78
08-02-2020, 08:44 AM
Just to add to this before Darrin completely derails this thread by pretending he’s not a Trump supporter, for all the conservatives who constantly worry about the communist boogeyman in America, the only way a communist uprising in this country ever becomes possible is with something like tens of millions of people facing homelessness and extreme poverty.

This is why even if you’re filthy rich, you should favor safety nets and government programs that keep everything stable. It’s a small price to pay to make sure a bunch of angry poor people aren’t burning cities to the ground.

Exactly. Safety nets are not too much to ask for. Yeah you may have to pay a little bit more in taxes, but it’s worth it to keep a stable civil society. Republicans will never understand.

Winehole23
08-02-2020, 08:48 AM
DMC will try to make it out that I'm some kind of Marxist-Leninist but I do remain what I always have been, a mid 20th century US liberal

Spurminator
08-02-2020, 08:49 AM
Exactly. Safety nets are not too much to ask for. Yeah you may have to pay a little bit more in taxes, but it’s worth it to keep a stable civil society. Republicans will never understand.

It's not even necessarily about the taxes, Republicans are convinced that somehow there are millions and millions of people living the good life off welfare, and they have a raging jealousy boner about it. The sentiment typically comes from lower income conservatives who work shitty jobs for shitty wages but have been conditioned never to ask whether they're being fairly compensated. Instead they imagine others (especially blacks and Mexicans) getting to enjoy the same lifestyle as they do, without the work.

boutons_deux
08-02-2020, 08:56 AM

$Bs for safety net means $Bs less for the oligarchy. It has been and will continue to destroy the safety net, which includes Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security.

The Capitalist sociopathic oligarchy WANT$ IT ALL

Splits
08-02-2020, 09:31 AM

ElNono
08-02-2020, 09:42 AM

lmao "sovereign citizen"

Will Hunting
08-02-2020, 09:47 AM
It's not even necessarily about the taxes, Republicans are convinced that somehow there are millions and millions of people living the good life off welfare, and they have a raging jealousy boner about it. The sentiment typically comes from lower income conservatives who work shitty jobs for shitty wages but have been conditioned never to ask whether they're being fairly compensated. Instead they imagine others (especially blacks and Mexicans) getting to enjoy the same lifestyle as they do, without the work.
There’s plenty of angry upper middle class white people with an income in the low six figures who have the same rage boner which makes even less sense. Every time I argue with a Republican friend about this I always say “If being a welfare queen is such a great life, why don’t you quit your jobs and go apply for food stamps and section 8 housing?” I never get a coherent response.

Will Hunting
08-02-2020, 09:49 AM
DMC will try to make it out that I'm some kind of Marxist-Leninist but I do remain what I always have been, a mid 20th century US liberal
To be fair to DMC, the Democratic Party itself likes to demonize mid 20th century liberals these days. FDR New Deal Democrats are now referred to as crazy Bernie supporters.

Winehole23
08-02-2020, 09:50 AM
To be fair to DMC, the Democratic Party itself likes to demonize mid 20th century liberals these days. FDR New Deal Democrats are now referred to as crazy Bernie supporters.Very true, the Overton window has moved so far to the right that the erstwhile political mainstream looks radical. Even to Democrats.

DarrinS
08-02-2020, 09:53 AM
There’s plenty of angry upper middle class white people with an income in the low six figures who have the same rage boner which makes even less sense. Every time I argue with a Republican friend about this I always say “If being a welfare queen is such a great life, why don’t you quit your jobs and go apply for food stamps and section 8 housing?” I never get a coherent response.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-24-2017/gIMt3S.gif

https://images.askmen.com/news/sports/_1471614373.gif

Will Hunting
08-02-2020, 09:58 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-24-2017/gIMt3S.gif

Typically Darrin, never replied to my post in the Count of Corona thread asking what state had over 1,000 deaths in a day after saying a state had over 1,000 deaths a day in mid-April, instead you repost conservative meme porn..

You have the intellectual maturity of an 8 year old.

In hindsight the guy screaming in this picture knew what was coming. It took Trump only 4 years to plunge the country back into the economic chaos that GWB left it in - double digit unemployment, unprecedented decline in GDP, and tax cuts for the rich that only worsen our national debt.

Theres at least 150,000 other people who would have been screaming like this guy was if they knew what Trump had in store for them :lol

Monostradamus
08-02-2020, 10:05 AM
Funny how can tell the nights when DarrinS gets extra drunk and hides from his family to post here, vs nights when he’s just doing the regular alcoholic routine :lmao

pgardn
08-02-2020, 10:11 AM

This is what perplexes me as well.
Is it really fun to just sit around all day eating watching Netflix. You are scraping out an existence, but this is fun?
"Oh hell yes, Im cheating the system, Im playing it, this is great.
Maybe the six figure people really dont like their work. This I dont get. Quit your fckn job and do something you like.
Or maybe they trapped themselves in debt and must keep that income for the family and kids to live that desired status.

Reck
08-02-2020, 10:13 AM
Typically Darrin, never replied to my post in the Count of Corona thread asking what state had over 1,000 deaths in a day after saying a state had over 1,000 deaths a day in mid-April, instead you repost conservative meme porn..

In hindsight the guy screaming in this picture knew what was coming. It took Trump only 4 years to plunge the country back into the economic chaos that GWB left it in - double digit unemployment, unprecedented decline in GDP, and tax cuts for the rich that only worsen our national debt.

Theres at least 150,000 other people who would have been screaming like this guy was if they knew what Trump had in store for them :lol

Yep.

Saw it coming after you made a well thought out post. Gifs and memes is all trumpters have these days.

Darrin is barely a more functional poster than Thread with his parroting shtick. Check that, I prefer that shtick to gifs and memes. Ducks has more original takes than him and he barely speaks english. :lol

Spurminator
08-02-2020, 10:21 AM

Yep. That's why I figure it's not really about the taxes. And those Republicans never complain about their tax dollars being used to fund obsolete military projects.

Spurminator
08-02-2020, 10:25 AM
:lol Imagine having such a low self esteem that you require the validation of anonymous internet people knowing that you don't rent your home.

Winehole23
08-02-2020, 10:25 AM
Yep.

Saw it coming after you made a well thought out post. Gifs and memes is all trumpters have these days.

Darrin is barely a more functional poster than Thread with his parroting shtick. Check that, I prefer that shtick to gifs and memes. Ducks has more original takes than him and he barely speaks english. :lolducks is one of the top posters in this forum imho

Will Hunting
08-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Yep.

Darrin is barely a more functional poster than Thread with his parroting shtick. Check that, I prefer that shtick to gifs and memes. Ducks has more original takes than him and he barely speaks english. :lol
Darrin’s posts have always consisted mostly of memes, pictures, links, or hit-and-run one liners/dad jokes (and yeah, Thread’s shtick is somewhat original and I’ve seen him post in coherent paragraph form when he wasn’t parroting).

I’m actually kinda surprised that the Trumptards haven’t come up with a better criticism of Biden only 90 days before the election other than “He’s really old and is losing his marbles!” or “hes influenced by Bernie Sanders!” There’s over 30 years of material to chose from, and the best they can do is put together a highlight reel of Biden stuttering? If COVID keeps getting worse this might be a more lopsided election than 2008.

Winehole23
08-02-2020, 10:27 AM
:lol Imagine having such a low self esteem that you require the validation of anonymous internet people knowing that you don't rent your home.what's the payoff for flexing your roll on an anonymous board?

Spurminator
08-02-2020, 10:35 AM
There’s over 30 years of material to chose from, and the best they can do is put together a highlight reel of Biden stuttering?

If they referenced that 30 years of material they might find themselves agreeing with a lot of it.

Will Hunting
08-02-2020, 10:36 AM
Just imagine if someone like Sherrod Brown were the candidate. Plenty articulate and in his 60s, and loved among working class white voters. If this election were Trump vs. Sherrod Brown it would have 1984 lopsided potential.

Will Hunting
08-02-2020, 10:43 AM
If they referenced that 30 years of material they might find themselves agreeing with a lot of it.
True, but they also agreed with Hillary Clinton on the free trade policies they criticized her for, and had no issue with throwing stones from a glass house by accusing her of being owned by special interests. It’s not like hypocrisy or intellectual dishonesty ever stopped them before.

ElNono
08-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Darrin’s posts have always consisted mostly of memes, pictures, links, or hit-and-run one liners/dad jokes (and yeah, Thread’s shtick is somewhat original and I’ve seen him post in coherent paragraph form when he wasn’t parroting).

I’m actually kinda surprised that the Trumptards haven’t come up with a better criticism of Biden only 90 days before the election other than “He’s really old and is losing his marbles!” or “hes influenced by Bernie Sanders!” There’s over 30 years of material to chose from, and the best they can do is put together a highlight reel of Biden stuttering? If COVID keeps getting worse this might be a more lopsided election than 2008.

There's not enough Soros! to throw around scaring people when you have 150k+ deaths on your shoulders... I mean, I know your average trumptard will still play that card, but those guys are voting for dear leader anyways.

ElNono
08-02-2020, 11:16 AM

Taxes are the easily identifiable 'offense' in that the more you make, the more government takes from you. The whole psychology behind it is much more complicated than that though (and it's too long to go through it, but in a nutshell it's a reflection of our society, where winners make heaps of money, and if you're poor, you're a loser, and why would winners subsidize losers, etc)

Spurtacular
08-02-2020, 11:33 AM
Chumpettes really worried now.

TheGreatYacht

daslicer
08-02-2020, 11:40 AM
This is what perplexes me as well.
Is it really fun to just sit around all day eating watching Netflix. You are scraping out an existence, but this is fun?
"Oh hell yes, Im cheating the system, Im playing it, this is great.
Maybe the six figure people really dont like their work. This I dont get. Quit your fckn job and do something you like.
Or maybe they trapped themselves in debt and must keep that income for the family and kids to live that desired status.

This is the case with a lot of them. I rarely see somebody who makes six digits or more that loves their job but then again I think the majority of Americans don't love their jobs. It's just a means for survival. I know this one guy who is an actuary and makes over 100K a year and his wife is RN. So combined income they are banking over 170k. He also has no kids. He lives in an area where there is a low cost of living but this guy is still angry and upset with his life. He's upset despite his job giving him great work life balance and stability. This guy has enough time to have a bunch of hobbies and is even in an adult rec hockey league. Despite all of that he still bitches about people being on welfare, food stamps, etc. Not surprisingly he is a conservative. I think in his case his life has no meaning so he has to get some validation of his existence through seeing people below him suffering.

Will Hunting
08-02-2020, 11:41 AM
There's not enough Soros! to throw around scaring people when you have 150k+ deaths on your shoulders... I mean, I know your average trumptard will still play that card, but those guys are voting for dear leader anyways.
Imo we’re pretty close to another 2008 where the GOP money stops flowing to the presidential race and starts flowing to key senate/house races to make sure they still have enough power in congress to obstruct. I think they wait and see how much of a polling bump they can get from their convention, but when McConnell is already telling senators like Ernst/Collins/Tillis to break from Trump if that’s what it takes to win it means Trump is in real trouble. The only times congressmen are told to break from a president in the same party are scenarios like 2014 when there’s a potential shellacking.

Albeit the Dems will still fuck up any chance they have at a power grab, but Trump’s presidency could really set the GOP back. While the GOP still has Florida and Ohio, the Dems now have gubernational control over a lot of the other swing states that are important for redistricting (VA, MI, WI, PA) when the Republicans probably win all of those states in 2018 midterms if Hillary is president.

daslicer
08-02-2020, 11:45 AM

I have used that line on a lot of them. They tend to believe Jamal and Jorge is living the life and are partying every night along with getting ho's while living off of welfare. I have heard the bs line "I work hard and they are just mooching off the system."

boutons_deux
08-02-2020, 11:49 AM
enslaved to a shitty job with a shitty manager

enslaved to debt to enrich BigFinance's predatory Capitalist

Overpaying by $1T /year for health care that is still denied to 10Ms?

Winehole23
08-02-2020, 11:51 AM
enslaved to a shitty job with a shitty manager

enslaved to debt to enrich BigFinance's predatory Capitalist

Overpaying by $1T /year for health care that is still denied to 10Ms?Truly, this is the best of all possible worlds. There is no alternative.

Reck
08-02-2020, 11:55 AM
I think they wait and see how much of a polling bump they can get from their convention

That will likely be zero net gain.

Not sure if these are the concrete plans but the GOP said today Trump's renomination will take place completely in private with zero press present.

It's going to be hard to get a bump from the convention when you have zero cameras in there. At least the dems will allow some press in with up to 300 people inside.

ElNono
08-02-2020, 11:56 AM
Imo we’re pretty close to another 2008 where the GOP money stops flowing to the presidential race and starts flowing to key senate/house races to make sure they still have enough power in congress to obstruct. I think they wait and see how much of a polling bump they can get from their convention, but when McConnell is already telling senators like Ernst/Collins/Tillis to break from Trump if that’s what it takes to win it means Trump is in real trouble. The only times congressmen are told to break from a president in the same party are scenarios like 2014 when there’s a potential shellacking.

Albeit the Dems will still fuck up any chance they have at a power grab, but Trump’s presidency could really set the GOP back. While the GOP still has Florida and Ohio, the Dems now have gubernational control over a lot of the other swing states that are important for redistricting (VA, MI, WI, PA) when the Republicans probably win all of those states in 2018 midterms if Hillary is president.

I don't think we're quite there yet, but the window is certainly closing...

The GOP will be fine because the bar is really low. As long as you pledge to care about deficits, ending abortions and hold a Bible upside down (you can forget about all that once you're elected), you automatically have 30% of voters on your side.

Add that Democrats will likely overdo their alleged 'mandate' and won't fix shit like gerrymandering or vote suppression, and then we'll be back at square one.

At least, I don't think the GOP is in any more trouble than the Dems are. Looking at the Dems primary season, it's difficult to believe they don't need to reshuffle and somewhat start again, tbh...

Will Hunting
08-02-2020, 12:39 PM
I don't think we're quite there yet, but the window is certainly closing...

The GOP will be fine because the bar is really low. As long as you pledge to care about deficits, ending abortions and hold a Bible upside down (you can forget about all that once you're elected), you automatically have 30% of voters on your side.

Add that Democrats will likely overdo their alleged 'mandate' and won't fix shit like gerrymandering or vote suppression, and then we'll be back at square one.

At least, I don't think the GOP is in any more trouble than the Dems are. Looking at the Dems primary season, it's difficult to believe they don't need to reshuffle and somewhat start again, tbh...
I didn’t mean they’re necesssarily “in trouble” more than the Dems are, just that they’re set back from 5 years ago when they were outmanuevering the Dems at every turn and had control of basically everything except the White House. If Hillary won in 2016 they probably pick up a super majority in the senate + even more house seats in 2018 and have enough gubernatorial control to bring their gerrymandering game to a new level after the 2020 census. Now the Dems have the opportunity to retake control of the senate and have gubernatorial control over states that have been important to Republican gerrymandering.

hater
08-02-2020, 12:50 PM
Government and rich will keep throwing crumbs to the commonn folks just to avoid getting Marie Antonietted

Im reading the Plague book by Dafoe. And in it the rich and government did the same in London to avoid masses from literally eating the rich

History repeats itself.

What is dangerous is if a housing or dollar bubble pops. The. Even the rich wont be able to stop the shit that would happen. Then its all man for himself

Will Hunting
08-02-2020, 01:01 PM
Government and rich will keep throwing crumbs to the commonn folks just to avoid getting Marie Antonietted
They’re cutting it pretty damn close this time, granted the rich in America are always able to pull a rabbit out of a hat in terms of turning economic crises into political movements to advance their interests. If the Koch Brothers can take the outrage from the financial crisis and parlay it into a tea party movement centered around cutting taxes for rich people, I can’t wait to see what they have in store this time.

baseline bum
08-02-2020, 01:41 PM

This can never be said too many times. Also more like 190,000 other people when you factor in the official COVID deaths you left off plus the excess pneumonia deaths. Though maybe you could subtract a few like Herman Cain who were more than happy to surrender their lives to make Trump look good.

Will Hunting
08-02-2020, 02:02 PM
That will likely be zero net gain.

Not sure if these are the concrete plans but the GOP said today Trump's renomination will take place completely in private with zero press present.

It's going to be hard to get a bump from the convention when you have zero cameras in there. At least the dems will allow some press in with up to 300 people inside.
I know they’ve cut press off from the convention, are you sure it’s not even going to be aired on TV? If so, then :lmao, the whole point of a convention is having it on TV with millions of viewers.

Winehole23
08-02-2020, 03:43 PM
They’re cutting it pretty damn close this time, granted the rich in America are always able to pull a rabbit out of a hat in terms of turning economic crises into political movements to advance their interests. If the Koch Brothers can take the outrage from the financial crisis and parlay it into a tea party movement centered around cutting taxes for rich people, I can’t wait to see what they have in store this time.They don't care what happens to us, and you're shrewd to judge from the near past that a political ideology based on contempt for the poor and the weak and the weirdo still has a future, the more sadistic the better.

If that isn't dystopia all by itself, it'll do til dystopia gets here.

DMC
08-02-2020, 06:35 PM
Replacing lost economic demand and keeping society grossly intact is the government's job during a depression. Leaving the solution of systemic problems to individuals is Hooverism, and we all know how that one went.

So "won't affect me" shouldn't be an issue then. Try to keep up.

Winehole23
08-02-2020, 06:50 PM
So "won't affect me" shouldn't be an issue then. Try to keep up.lol white knighting for DarrinS

Nbadan
08-02-2020, 11:21 PM
A sinking ship sinks all ships

Trainwreck2100
08-03-2020, 12:17 AM
A sinking ship sinks all ships

no it doesn't, a sinking ship sinks 1 ship

phxspurfan
08-03-2020, 12:20 AM

And where does shit-ton stand in this ranking

Trainwreck2100
08-03-2020, 12:22 AM

that ain't no guy

Winehole23
08-03-2020, 07:19 AM
tl;dr If you are deemed be in arrears, you might pay dearly for a mortgage servicer's "mistake"

Yves here. Tom Cox, theoretically retired Maine attorney who broke open how mortgage servicers engaged in large-scale, systematic frauds upon courts to foreclose on homeowners (https://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/15/business/15maine.html), (https://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/15/business/15maine.html) is back with the sad news that not much has changed. His account shows that servicers are still trying to foreclose when they can’t prove they have the right, refusing to make modifications, and continuing to harass homeowners even after they’ve terminally lost in court.
Tom’s punch line comes at the end of his piece: his experience shows the failure of servicers to reform means homeowners deemed to be in arrears face the odds of a soon-to-come world of hurt, even with eviction freezes and CARES Act forbearance. Wells has already messed with some of its mortgage borrowers by putting them in forbearance when they were paying on time (https://www.bankingdive.com/news/wells-fargo-forbearance-mortgage-payments/582284/). (https://www.bankingdive.com/news/wells-fargo-forbearance-mortgage-payments/582284/)

And I hate to say this, but we predicted this outcome years ago. Not only had mortgage originators cut corners starting in the early 2000s refi boom, skipping steps in mandated by their own rigid contracts that were necessary to transfer mortgages to securitization trusts, but servicers had failed to make the investments in IT systems and staff training to enable them to handle modifications or even correct mundane errors. We had pointed out repeatedly that mortgages settlements needed to force servicers to correct these glaring problems. But no one was willing to do that, since the higher costs of servicing mortgages properly would lead to higher costs and fewer mortgages originated. Can’t have that , now can we?
https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020/08/homeowners-beware-mortgage-servicers-still-cant-or-wont-shoot-straight.html

Winehole23
08-03-2020, 07:21 AM
It has been just over ten years since I took the deposition of Jeffrey Stephan of GMAC Mortgage (https://www.motherjones.com/wp-content/uploads/deposition-of-jeffrey-stephan---gmac-s-assignment-affidavit-slave.pdf)which exposed the so-called “Robo-Signing Scandal.” That scandal led to the $25 billion National Mortgage Settlement (http://www.nationalmortgagesettlement.com/)in early 2012 with the country’s five largest mortgage servicers and which later added four additional major national servicers. As the financial industry has processed its millions of foreclosures following the 2007 financial meltdown, there have been numerous other federal and state regulatory actions and settlements with the mortgage servicers in the following years. The servicing industry has indeed evolved since the financial meltdown in 2007. For example, the FDIC reported (https://www.fdic.gov/bank/analytical/quarterly/2019-vol13-4/fdic-v13n4-3q2019-article3.pdf)that banks accounted for about 80% of servicing volume in 2008 while non-bank servicers had less than 20% of the volume. By 2018, the bank share of servicing volume had declined to about 58% of the volume while the non-bank share of servicing had increased to about 42% of the volume. As the servicing industry has evolved, it gave up its robo-signing practices and developed a myriad of new ways to abuse homeowners. What follows is an example

Winehole23
08-03-2020, 07:29 AM
it's an amazing story

boutons_deux
08-03-2020, 07:34 AM
BigFinance is 100% criminally corrupt until proven otherwise

mofo Mnuchin took over IndyMac and foreclosed on 1000s of homes because he had "no choice".

DMC
08-03-2020, 08:00 AM
lol white knighting for DarrinS
Whatever relieves your embarrassment.

That was the discussion I was responding to. You didn't obey the 5 minute rule.

DMC
08-03-2020, 08:04 AM
it's an amazing story

https://i.imgur.com/TNIpgHz.jpg

Winehole23
08-03-2020, 08:08 AM
Whatever relieves your embarrassment.

That was the discussion I was responding to. You didn't obey the 5 minute rule.I've no idea what your grudge is, you're being completely elliptical.

What's the 5 minute rule?

Winehole23
08-03-2020, 08:24 AM
say DMC, do you do topical conversation?

asking for a friend.

Winehole23
08-03-2020, 08:36 AM
I've no idea what your grudge is, you're being completely elliptical.

What's the 5 minute rule?oh, editing.

am I not allowed to correct embarrassing spelling mistakes?

RandomGuy
08-03-2020, 09:16 AM
Won't affect me

Then it obviously isn't a problem then.

(facepalm)

boutons_deux
08-03-2020, 12:10 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/116353669_3174479119265043_730974967836220768_n.pn g?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Vui4AyqGRRkAX9IO-gV&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=67f9b75b1a779e35dc099bceadfe267a&oe=5F4DEBD1

Winehole23
08-03-2020, 09:27 PM
CA Superior Court judge rejects landlords' challenge to eviction moratorium

The landlord’s challenge to eviction protections for San Francisco renters due to COVID-19 non-payments has been denied by a judge, according to San Francisco Supervisor Dean Preston.

Supervisor Preston posted a series of tweets on Monday announcing that ‘the court found that the ordinance is a permissible exercise of the city’s power to regulate the grounds for eviction and does not violate state law or the constitution.’

On Monday, Superior Court Judge Charles F. Haines issued the order that will permanently remove evictions due to renters’ non-payments during the pandemic.

Supervisor Preston says this will also prohibit ‘late fees, penalties, interest, or other charges’ in relation to late rent payments.
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/judge-denies-landlords-challenge-to-covid-19-eviction-protections-in-san-francisco/

Nbadan
08-04-2020, 01:44 AM
All of the rent relief so far has come in the form of rent deferrals, even if we get more of that, there’s still going to be a crisis when the pandemic is over and we have tens of millions of renters who are paying rent 3-6 months in arrears and don’t have the income to get current on rent. There’s no solution for that even being contemplated.

Mortgage deferment, not rent deferral...it is up to the landlord if they want to pass the saving on to the tenant or not.

Blake
08-04-2020, 01:52 AM
Mortgage deferment, not rent deferral...it is up to the landlord if they want to pass the saving on to the tenant or not.

Link?

Nbadan
08-04-2020, 02:34 AM
Without the moratorium, thousands of Floridians could have become homeless in days because landlords have been filing paperwork in court to evict non-paying tenants once the ban ends.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/jobs-economy/os-bz-coronavirus-eviction-moratorium-extension-20200730-6anaep2sabdd7bqqld5n76ayte-story.html

Nbadan
08-04-2020, 02:40 AM
The CARES Act's eviction safeguard is thought to have helped as many as 23 million US families (roughly one-third of all US renters) stay in their homes during the coronavirus recession. Eviction notices are now legally allowed to proceed and evictions can begin starting Aug. 24.

The federal CARES Act that was passed in March temporarily banned evictions and late fees until July 25. It also required a 30-day notice to vacate before you can be evicted.

If you live in a property covered by the CARES Act, landlords can now legally ask you to leave and start charging late fees, but the soonest they can legally file an eviction to force you to leave is Aug. 24.

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/rent-assistance-for-aug-the-current-update-on-eviction-moratoriums-and-relief-laws/

So, like I said, just because a landlord applies for and receives mortgage forbearance, it's still up to the landlord whether they want to go ahead and evict the tenant for non-payment or not. The CARES act did not remove this responsibility for renters

Blake
08-04-2020, 03:29 AM

Eh, there's no true savings with the mortgage deferral. They just stick the missed payments on the back end.

I mean, yeah the other part with the landlord being able to evict for non payment if rent moratoriums are lifted is a given. I'm not sure anyone is saying otherwise.