PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs vs. Nuggets - Aug. 5, 2020

timvp
08-05-2020, 06:17 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san-antonio-spurs-denver-nuggets-august-5-2020/

Welp. The bench played well, at least.

Uriel
08-05-2020, 06:53 PM
I’m pleased that Pop seems completely engaged and is reading and reacting well to what’s happening on the court — especially since there were times earlier in the season when I wasn’t even sure he was even watching the game.
Yup. Pop finally looks like he cares about basketball again.

BatManu20
08-05-2020, 07:00 PM

phxspurfan
08-05-2020, 08:05 PM
We got that rich n’ creamy Nougatts

So much for the playoffs

Glad we’re playing the youngins

Rather watch Portland dismantle whatever team they play anyway

DAF86
08-05-2020, 08:27 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san-antonio-spurs-denver-nuggets-august-5-2020/

Welp. The bench played well, at least.

Stop disabling the search function son.

SAGirl
08-05-2020, 09:08 PM
I liked this review. Easy to read, good summary and to the point. �� good job and improvement.

slick'81
08-05-2020, 10:09 PM
I dont care how many a's timvsniffer gives patty,dude is straight up stealing money from the spurs

DAF86
08-05-2020, 10:11 PM
Walker has a horrible habit of not doing much of anything if he isn't scoring. That's a trend I've seeing since his G-league days. Even when he's scoring, he would often end up with no more than 2 assists or rebounds.

tim_duncan_fan
08-05-2020, 10:54 PM
Walker has a horrible habit of not doing much of anything if he isn't scoring. That's a trend I've seeing since his G-league days. Even when he's scoring, he would often end up with no more than 2 assists or rebounds.

Yeah he's definitely trending towards scorer only, and that's if he even becomes a reliable scorer.

GAustex
08-05-2020, 11:22 PM
Reality comes crashing down. It was fun there for a few moments where there was a glimmer of hope.

I wonder how the team would do under a different coach...

BackHome
08-05-2020, 11:53 PM
I think Pop has scarred Murray and Walker they both are playing timid.

siraulo23
08-06-2020, 01:44 AM
Two tough losses but overall the Spurs play during the NBA restart has been very enjoyable to watch

poopbox
08-06-2020, 04:28 AM
When you are starting Derozan at the 4, your probably not going to win a lot of basketball games

I expected groing pains between Dejounte and Derrick when they started playing together...not surprised that one of them is plauing poorly...

Monstars have stolen what llittle power Poeltl had...dude is playing like he can't wait to get out of San Antonio once the season is over...

Fireball
08-06-2020, 07:01 AM
Poeltl really does look bad on the court right now ... obviously analytics showed differently in the telecast and Sean pretended this time analytics and eye test would match

lefty
08-06-2020, 08:31 AM
Good point
I hope he realzies that ASAP because kid has great potential

tbdog
08-06-2020, 08:51 AM
Amare was like the king of being a good rebounder if he was getting touches and scoring. When he wasn't, he dissapeared. It's a bad habit for Walker to have. He has to earn his stripes to get his numbered called.

Das Texan
08-06-2020, 08:54 AM
I'm getting more annoyed with Jakob by the game and more impressed with Drew each game honestly.

Dex
08-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Overall, I am mostly encouraged by the team's performance.

Considering they are basically playing with house money and running with a lot of young and inexperienced players, I think most of us would have been satisfied with 2-2 through 4 games before this all started.

That said...that choke against the Sixers really hurt. I was just starting to believe these guys could make a serious run at keeping the playoff streak alive, and those hopes look much dimmer now.

Either way, I'm encouraged by the grit the team is showing. Keldon Johnson, in particular, is standing out and I am super excited to watch him progress. White has also been much more aggressive which raises his value significantly. Even Weatherspoon has shown some flashes that he may be an intriguing piece.

That said, Murray has shown more bad moments than good, Jakob has been playing soft and can't seem to stay out of foul trouble, and Lonnie seems to have completely disappeared when this should be his time to shine.

spurspl
08-06-2020, 09:25 AM
I dont care how many a's timvsniffer gives patty,dude is straight up stealing money from the spurs

next season murray will join to patty to steal some money by doin nothin

BillMc
08-06-2020, 09:56 AM
Overall, I am mostly encouraged by the team's performance.

Considering they are basically playing with house money and running with a lot of young and inexperienced players, I think most of us would have been satisfied with 2-2 through 4 games before this all started.

That said...that choke against the Sixers really hurt. I was just starting to believe these guys could make a serious run at keeping the playoff streak alive, and those hopes look much dimmer now.

Either way, I'm encouraged by the grit the team is showing. Keldon Johnson, in particular, is standing out and I am super excited to watch him progress. White has also been much more aggressive which raises his value significantly. Even Weatherspoon has shown some flashes that he may be an intriguing piece.

That said, Murray has shown more bad moments than good, Jakob has been playing soft and can't seem to stay out of foul trouble, and Lonnie seems to have completely disappeared when this should be his time to shine.

Good summary.

Really beginning to worry about DJ and Lonnie (for very different reasons) and on the verge of giving up on Jakob. Will add Luka to the top of this list if he doesn't at least show us something by next year.

MultiTroll
08-06-2020, 11:37 AM
If winning were the number one priority, more minutes for DeRozan, Gay and Mills would have helped the cause. But that’s not the main priority right now so the young players getting extra minutes was good to see.
Ya because it was only a blown play that prevented the Spurs from being 3-0 and in this Denver game they led 71-62 with a chance to go 4-0.
But why try winning? :lol

More DD Gay and Mills might have been OK this Denver game. Other games it's been a winner to keep them out. Would probably already be in the playoffs if not for chit like Bryn Bryn starting 151 of 152.

TDomination
08-06-2020, 11:47 AM
Ya because it was only a blown play that prevented the Spurs from being 3-0 and in this Denver game they led 71-62 with a chance to go 4-0.
But why try winning? :lol

More DD Gay and Mills might have been OK this Denver game. Other games it's been a winner to keep them out. Would probably already be in the playoffs if not for chit like Bryn Bryn starting 151 of 152.

FOR REALS

SAGirl
08-06-2020, 12:07 PM
Good summary.

Really beginning to worry about DJ and Lonnie (for very different reasons) and on the verge of giving up on Jakob. Will add Luka to the top of this list if he doesn't at least show us something by next year.
Hey Bill! /waves.
This puts it succinctly.

BillMc
08-06-2020, 12:17 PM
Hey Bill! /waves.
This puts it succinctly.

Good to hear from you SAGirl! Hope all is well, safe and healthy!:bobo

SAGirl
08-06-2020, 12:24 PM
Good to hear from you SAGirl! Hope all is well, safe and healthy!:bobo
Yup turned out to be just a regular 24 hr virus. But with coronavirus around, if one Ever gets a fever one evening, the fear is huge. I had never felt scared by a fever. Luckily I am fine and Thank God. Definitely staying safe and Still quarantining just in case — I never got tested and don’t want to spread my germs on someone else. :toast

Capt Bringdown
08-06-2020, 12:49 PM
Never been a big fan of Rudy Gay, but the old dude is playing with fire. This loss is on Murray, as is the Philly game.
This team is so much more fun to watch without Brent Forbes.

BillMc
08-07-2020, 06:48 AM
Yup turned out to be just a regular 24 hr virus. But with coronavirus around, if one Ever gets a fever one evening, the fear is huge. I had never felt scared by a fever. Luckily I am fine and Thank God. Definitely staying safe and Still quarantining just in case — I never got tested and don’t want to spread my germs on someone else. :toast

Glad you've recovered and it wasn't coronavirus! Very responsible of you to stay quarantined! Stay home and watch the Spurs (and I presume the Grizzlies and Kyle) for the rest of the bubble day! :)