PDA

View Full Version : News4 SA: Chris Bosh explains why San Antonio is the 'most difficult basketball town in the world'

phxspurfan
08-07-2020, 11:37 AM
News4 SA: Chris Bosh explains why San Antonio is the 'most difficult basketball town in the world'Thursday, August 6th 2020

https://news4sanantonio.com/amp/sports/spurs-zone/chris-bosh-explains-why-san-antonio-is-the-most-difficult-basketball-town-in-the-world

The AT&T Center is next door to a barn(...) That’s a few hours in the bug den. The horseflies from the stables like to migrate onto the court. It’s hard enough to stay focused in the run-up to a game. Imagine trying to do it with insects zipping around you.

There’s a reason Tim Duncan made that turnaround hook off the glass for 20 years: he’d gladly put an elbow in your face, throat and chest while doing it.

RD2191
08-07-2020, 11:52 AM
:lol

Dingle Barry
08-07-2020, 12:43 PM
Full quote:
"[W]e were heading to San Antonio, which very well might be the most difficult basketball town in the world. Let’s start with the stadium: The AT&T Center is next door to a barn. Seriously—the SA Rodeo is a half-mile away from where the Spurs play their games. It even shares a parking lot with their practice facility, where we had our shootarounds. So the minute I knew we were going to be facing them, one of my first thoughts was: That’s a few hours in the bug den. The horseflies from the stables like to migrate onto the court. It’s hard enough to stay focused in the run-up to a game. Imagine trying to do it with insects zipping around you.

And here’s some buzz (sorry) on the team itself: San Antonio’s not dirty, but they certainly are physical. There’s a reason Tim Duncan made that turnaround hook off the glass for 20 years: he’d gladly put an elbow in your face, throat and chest while doing it. That’s the Pop ethos: give it to ‘em nasty.

The fans feed on that. They start wanting blood during warmups."

phxspurfan
08-07-2020, 02:18 PM
I'm guessing he's mad we completely oblitterated them and ended them entirely. Made them fade into nothing.

Gibbz
08-07-2020, 02:40 PM
SA really did Thanos snap the Heat.

Russ
08-07-2020, 02:54 PM
Spoken like a native Texan who couldn't wait to leave the state (and all its damn rodeos).

exstatic
08-07-2020, 03:16 PM
OK, Chris? The Spurs practice facility is nowhere near the Rodeo barns. It’s out near the Medical Center.

Story all full of hooey.

R. DeMurre
08-07-2020, 03:21 PM
I'm guessing this article doesn't capture Bosh's tone, which was probably tongue-in-cheek.

Budkin
08-07-2020, 03:57 PM
That's why we have bats in the ATT Center. To eat those insects. :hungry:

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-07-2020, 03:59 PM
rattlesnakes, bats, horseflies and timmy d’s bows

Capt Bringdown
08-07-2020, 04:03 PM
Duncan, aka Karl Malone Jr, yeah there's a player known for throwing elbows.

phxspurfan
08-07-2020, 06:26 PM
rattlesnakes, bats, horseflies and timmy d’s bows

I bet all those banners we have hung up there really bothered Bosh :lol

Dex
08-07-2020, 07:12 PM
OK, Chris? The Spurs practice facility is nowhere near the Rodeo barns. It’s out near the Medical Center.

Story all full of hooey.

Sounds like he was referring to the facility where opposing teams shootaround. I doubt they are doing that in the Spurs' practice facility. I always assumed they just did at AT&T well before game time?

Either way, it's not a total stretch. AT&T Center is basically in the middle of the ghetto, and it definitely smelled like manure well after the Rodeo Road Trip concluded.

That said, I can't say I have ever felt like insects were an issue in there. The bats are a different story, but that's all part of Spurs lore at this point.

KobesAchilles
08-07-2020, 07:30 PM
Is that why he scored 0 points in game 7? Those flies in SA really travel

99 Problems
08-07-2020, 09:10 PM
Wots the issue with the odd cow crap on the crt. Like I’ve always said, when I graced the crt we had a bag of potatoes as a ball, wooden backboard and no 3 line.

DJR210
08-08-2020, 02:50 AM
Awww the blood clot crippled bastard is mad he got his career ended by San Antonio :cry

spurs10
08-08-2020, 03:09 AM
This is pretty funny stuff. He's only stretching the truth a bit. It sounds like it was spoken with respect really.

:flag:

8FOR!3
08-08-2020, 09:01 AM
I have no idea what he's talking about. It's not the greatest area, but it's a nice arena and all you do is park and walk to it. I've been to other stadiums and arenas that were virtually impossible to get to and from. AT&T Center is fairly simple. And it's not like the walk feels dangerous at all it's a bunch of Spurs fans walking a half mile tops to the very nice arena.

SpursDynasty85
08-08-2020, 09:07 AM
I'm guessing he's mad we completely oblitterated them and ended them entirely. Made them fade into nothing.

I took all these quotes as nothing but high-respect from an NBA competitor.

SpursDynasty85
08-08-2020, 09:09 AM

Story all full of hooey.

I'm not saying I can confirm this but maybe he is referring to where the away team has to practice?

ZeusWillJudge
08-08-2020, 09:29 AM
Losers say loser things.

Seventyniner
08-08-2020, 12:35 PM
This is pretty funny stuff. He's only stretching the truth a bit. It sounds like it was spoken with respect really.

:flag:

I agree. I didn't get any mad or butthurt vibe from it at all, just recalling a funny anecdote or two.

cool cat
08-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Who the f* cares what Chris Bosh has to say. What, are we going to get Salve Medvedenko quotes next?

urunobili
08-09-2020, 12:32 AM
Manu’s dunk on him in 14 sent him packing for good...

Philthemage
08-09-2020, 04:36 AM
Lotta complaints for a guy whos mom is a crackhead