PDA

View Full Version : Politics in Sports? New Ratings Tell You Everything You Need To Know New TV Sports Ratings Show That Americans Are Fed Up

ducks
08-08-2020, 09:04 PM
https://www.westernjournal.com/americans-like-politics-sports-new-ratings-tell-everything-need-know/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=westernjournalism&utm_content=2020-08-08&utm_campaign=manualpost&fbclid=IwAR1fwmbytd0aFqYGpBMcVmqvUhRJp3D3q5-km39DTaKko8iY4hozopvKZFw

Blake
08-08-2020, 10:42 PM
:lol what a ridiculous commentary. Ratings are down for a large number of reasons other than kneeling. I myself forget the Spurs are even playing most nights.

ElNono
08-09-2020, 01:27 AM
couldn't be more wrong, politics is the #1 sport in america right now, tbh

ChumpDumper
08-09-2020, 01:31 AM
Somehow ratings drop on Friday nights!

DMX7
08-09-2020, 01:37 AM
Not exactly an apples to apples comparison, is it? Sports pre-covid and post-covid look very different and with players starting to opt out it will look even worse.

BSfromTX
08-09-2020, 09:42 AM
No fans in stadium doesn’t help either. Just isn’t the same..

boutons_deux
08-09-2020, 09:59 AM
couldn't be more wrong, politics is the #1 sport in america right now, tbh

iow, USA has become France.

EVERYTHING is political, at all levels.

USA used to ridicule France for shaking hands and cheek kissing and bottled water, now American drinks more bottled water (10,000x more expensive than tap water) than any other country, AND fucking hug and breast bump.

FrostKing
08-09-2020, 10:15 AM
Anthem display is one thing. I have seen Champions League in soccer do a group photo (against racism) or moment of silence for an event.

It is more the sustained commentary, advertisements and imagery on the field. Makes the actual game seem secondary or even a cover up for lecturing.

They are essentially belittling the viewer for watching a game at such a "vital time in history "

Blake
08-09-2020, 03:09 PM

The computer monitor crowd looks like something from a cheesy dystopian future movie

ChumpDumper
08-09-2020, 03:10 PM
Anthem display is one thing. I have seen Champions League in soccer do a group photo (against racism) or moment of silence for an event.

It is more the sustained commentary, advertisements and imagery on the field. Makes the actual game seem secondary or even a cover up for lecturing.

They are essentially belittling the viewer for watching a game at such a "vital time in history "Sounds like you're watching a lot of sports tbh.

Winehole23
08-13-2020, 08:41 PM
great idea, tbh

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29656465/dodgers-lebron-james-team-make-dodger-stadium-polling-site

pgardn
08-13-2020, 08:56 PM

Yep.

Especially for tiny college crowds that are hopefully all students getting to sit far enough apart to take all the big wig seats.
I think they said UT at this point will let 20,000 into approx 100,000 capacity (construction not finished)
If we still have a season.

pgardn
08-13-2020, 09:01 PM

They are essentially belittling the viewer for watching a game at such a "vital time in history "

Yeah that poppy flower the Premier League wears EVERY YEAR and stands in silence for every November for all the deaths that occurred associated with WWI is like such a nagging bitch, eh Frosty?