PDA

View Full Version : KFAN in Minn reports

smackdaddy11
07-14-2003, 12:23 PM
I'm listening now and the two hosts are saying Nesterostiff will be a Spur.

www.kfan.com/main.html (http://www.kfan.com/main.html)

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 12:25 PM
They could be the frozen equivalent of Greg Simmons and Dusty Garza.

smackdaddy11
07-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Just reporting what I'm hearing. :)

MI21
07-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Can't wait till Jim Mcalvaine signs with the Spurs.

Fuckin Nesterovic...:(

scott
07-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Wrong. Ghost Writer is reporting that Rasho is no longer an option and that we are going after Kandi.

You guys don't know anything.

ducks
07-14-2003, 12:30 PM
notice he likes parker maybe pop is trying to make to tp

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 12:31 PM
notice he likes parker maybe pop is trying to make to tp

ducks what did you mean to say?

scott
07-14-2003, 12:32 PM
Maybe ducks is talking about Terry Porter.

Originally Posted by Ghost Writer:

Marcus, it's relevant because we're not going to sign Nesterovic anymore

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 12:34 PM
So now Ghost knows more than SA media and Mrs. Ellis? Go figure.

ducks
07-14-2003, 12:34 PM
he likes tony parker.

so did pop get him to help tp and pop get back on the same page. yes I know the spurs were after him before tp and pop got in their fight. I am just hopping this might help get them back on the right track

spurster
07-14-2003, 12:35 PM
The SR board had a link to this message board.

boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nb...om=nba_min (http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request.dll?LIST&room=nba_min)

The interface is dreadful (I hate one click/message), but the posters think that the KFAN radio station has a poor rep for reliability.

We need more confirmation before we go bonkers over this.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2003, 12:37 PM
i doubt the fact that rasho likes tony was any part of the reason this deal was done, if in fact it was done.

But hey, maybe the spurs make personel decisions on such BS like that, who am I to say.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 12:38 PM
Unless it's KVIC in Ljubljana, Slovenia reporting this I'm not buying it.

ducks
07-14-2003, 12:40 PM
well they say they ask players for their input on certain players. td had a advantage over tp on kidd though

ducks
07-14-2003, 12:40 PM
they are making fun of it because no one wants him over there

Solid D
07-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Folks, I know a lot of you don't like the prospects of Rasho as a Spur but he does offer some very nice things, if given a certain role.

He anchored a very good zone defense at the base. He can hit outside shots at a fairly high %. He has pretty nice footwork. The Spurs play TEAM defense and Rasho can block and change shots. There is nothing worse for any team to face, than 2 7-foot shot blockers, and Rasho does give the Spurs another shot-blocker. He blocked 9 in a game against Dallas last year.

Don't compare him based on just what he did in the Wolves system against Shaq.

If he is given the right role, in Pop's system, he might do pretty well.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 12:49 PM
I can see that Solid D. The way I see it you cannot have a star at every position. What you look for are players who can fit your top 2 or 3 players. Nesterovic would work extremely well with TD on offense in SA and average on D. He is a mobile big so that will help him some on D. With Rose on this team Nesterovic is not a concern.

The 2003 version of David Robinson was not the vintage version. He'll be missed in terms of his leadership and other intangibles he brought to the table. I think that Spurs fans have to realize that the Twin Towers concept was facilitated by the presence of two Hall of Fame bigmen more than anything else. There is nothing special about that. The key now with the potential acquisition of Nesterovic is to make other parts of the Spurs lineup their strength. It's not like the Spurs have lost their post game or anything.

My suggestion is for the Spurs to find themselves a consistent perimeter scorer who has the ability to take over a game. That's a tall order but there are a couple available right now in Odom and Arenas.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Wow, scott. You can regurjitate the ESPN Insider information I post for you saying NEsterovic is the prime candidate. You da man.

You said Olowokandi was not an option for the Spurs. That's a lie. When pressed to back that up, you couldn't.

If Nesterovic signs, I hope you'll be happy with that result of the Holt-ing Pattern. Congrats.

:cooldevil

baseline bum
07-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Hahahahaha! What a total bust of an offseason.

LA adds two first ballot Hall of Famers and their chief competition adds Shaq's best bitch. We're going to be the fucking Dteroit Pistons next year on the boards. Look at our starting lineup as far as rebounding goes:

Rasho - sucks
Duncan - awesome
Bowen - can't board for shit
Jackson / Manu - both suck on the boards
Parker - Nope

Shaq's right. The window is shut with rebounding like that. Please someone tell me this is all bullshit and we're starting Rose instead.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2003, 12:53 PM
Solid D, thats the most Solid Nesterovich post so far.

Have Faith.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Hahahahaha! What a total bust of an offseason.

"Bust" = TD's career as a San Antonio Spur ending. Anything beyond that is pretty much gravy...even if it is a Solvenian and Balla recipe.

Wait until the summer is over before you start writing the Spurs' epitaph.

scott
07-14-2003, 12:58 PM
I've regurgitated nothing except for the news you dropped on us that we will not be signing Rasho Nesterovich.

Given your track record for scooping the rest of America, I have no choice other than to believe you. I am already preparing for Michael Olowakandi. At this point, he is a lock to be in SA.

BTW, your ESPN Insider articles are great, but since we've all been hearing that Rasho is our prime candidate on radio, TV, and print since PJ Brown resigned with NO, you haven't told us anything we don't know. You are 1800 miles away from the action though, so I don't blame you for being a little late.

MadeFromDust
07-14-2003, 01:00 PM
http://cc.liquidviewer.com/kfan/playerframe.php?fname=http://ccdig.liquidviewer.com/kfan

Direct Link (http://ccdig.liquidviewer.com/kfan)

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:01 PM
From a rebounding perspective Nesterovic is not exactly that much of a drop off from DRob.

2002-03 season

DRob

Minutes per game 26.2
Rebounds per game 7.9

Nesterovic

Minutes per game 30.4
Rebounds per game 6.5

It's a significant difference, but not some kind of tremendous drop off.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 01:02 PM
scott, unlike you, I don't make guarantees without information. Nowhere does it say that Olowokandi is not a possibility for the Spurs. As far as me thinking Nesterovic won't come, it is based on this:

The T-Wolves have already made him a big-time offer, and he probably would be unwilling to wait the 15 days it would take to see if the Clips matched the offer for Brand. — ESPN Insider
Perhaps the Spurs upped the ante. I sure hope not.

Pleas epost the article that says the SPurs have no interest in 'Kandi.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Maybe Ford thinks "big time" = $50 mil+ ?

scott
07-14-2003, 01:04 PM
And I wouldn't say Manu sucks on the boards. In the playoffs, he put up 6.72 RPG per 48 minutes. In the regular season, he put up 5.28 per 48. Not bad for a rookie shooting guard.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Or maybe Ford doesn't have an f'n clue.

Who knows?

baseline bum
07-14-2003, 01:08 PM
If all we do is sign Rasho and some complimentary players the Spurs will be a 3 or 4-seed next year. I can't believe we're about to sign one of the worst Shaq defenders in this league. Do you think we could take 2 games from LA in a series with Rasho guarding Shaq?

What a joke of an offseason. Rasho = bust. Trying to rationalize it by saying "at least Duncan's still here" doesn't change the fact that our number 1 signing will be almost worthless against our biggest rival.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:09 PM
True scott.

The main thing with Nesterovic is to understand where he fits in the puzzle. As the 4th or 5th best player in the lineup he's nothing to get hysterical over. The Spurs need to add a dependable perimeter scorer this offseason...someone who they can go to night in and night out not just someone who occasionally will have a big game. Out of the current team Parker is the one who has shown flashes of this ability, but he's been inconsistent.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2003, 01:09 PM
not to mention his knack for CLUTCH rebounding.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:11 PM
The bottomline is that the Twin Towers era is over. That ended when #50 hung it up and Jermaine O'Neal wouldn't return Pop's calls.

TD re-signing is significant. If he didn't then that would be worthy of being called a horrible offseason. Spurs fans seem to think that Timmy D is some sort of lightweight.

scott
07-14-2003, 01:13 PM
I would have to agree that without another significant signing, Rasho is a bust offseason.

Signing Odom, however, gives us an extremely young, potential-laden lineup. We have one Superstar in Duncan, a player with a good chance at becoming a Superstar, Odom, a 21 year old who is a long shot to become a Superstar, but has a good chance of being an All-Star or NBA Third Teamer at some point in his career, a 2nd year player who has the tools to be a 16-5-5 guy, and a trial tested vet (who is still young) who can hit the big shot and has shown the desire to improve his game and be a team player.

Duncan-Odom-Parker-Manu-Jackson is a pretty nice core to have. It may not have the name recognition at this point- but Tracy McGrady wasn't a franchise player when he signed with the Magic.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Or maybe Ford doesn't have an f'n clue.
More often than not.

You seem to be applying Ford's speculation to your theory of what the Spurs should do, not what is actually happening.

We have our own insider, and Kori's been more right than anyone this offseason. She says nothing has happened with Kandi, which has only been confirmed by Duffy's non-statements in the Express-News.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 01:17 PM
I am in the same boat as Solid D. I hedged my bets during this Holt-ing Pattern, assummin gwhen all was said and done, we'd come away with a center like Olowokandi.

Unfortunatley, that's not enough now that the Lakers have raised the bar.

Maintaining with improved play from the youth will not be enough.

We needed star power.

Now instead of:

Duncan + ? > Shaq + Kobe

it's:

Duncan + Parker + ? + ? > Shaq + Kobe = Payton + Malone
:(

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:18 PM
There is no need to change your long term strategy due to a short term move by LA.

The Ultimate Diva
07-14-2003, 01:21 PM
Here are Rasho and DRob's numbers against the Lakers in the playoffs. Rasho and Dave both played 6 games against the Lakers this postseason and their numbers are almost identical.

Two stats that stand out: (1) DRob and rasho put up similar numbers w/ Rasho averaging 7 more minutes a game and (2) Rasho average 2 more fouls a game. The foul disparity can be attributed to the fact that DRob played in a better system and got the benefit of the doubt from the refs. I just don't see Rasho ever getting a charge called against Shaq.

DRob-5.8 (avg)

Blocks:
Rasho-4
DRob-4

Rebounds:
Rasho-30
DRob-34

TO's:
Rasho-5
DRob-4

Minutes:
Rasho-28 (avg)
DRob- 21 (avg)

Fouls:
Rasho-5.2
DRob-3.2

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:25 PM
TUD...good points though after DRob fouled out in 14 minutes against LA in one of those games I'm not sure how much a good "benefit of the doubt" from a NBA ref is worth nowadays.

scott
07-14-2003, 01:27 PM
Another thing to consider when you think about how Rasho did vs. Shaq.

Despite Shaq having a good series against Rasho, the Wolves almost (and should have) beat the Lakers in that series. Rasho's job wasn't to shut down Shaq- it was to be a peice of the puzzle.

spurster
07-14-2003, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't call that identical. Rasho had 0.18 rebounds/minute compared to DRob's 0.27 rebounds/minute.

Another number to throw out there is that Shaq had 28.7 PPG vs. the Wolves and 25.3 PPG vs. the Spurs.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Despite what Marcus would have you believe as aof 12:32 PM, EST, he was the biggest advocate of getting a star — any star — for the here and now.

Thank Pop, the front office is looking at winning now meaning next season and down the road.

smackdaddy11
07-14-2003, 01:32 PM
I have been listening for over an hour and the only reference I heard was 'Not only did we lose Howard but now a piece of our core is leaving.'

This show on KFAN is horrid. Anyone bitching about the Ticket 760 afternoon show should be forced to listen to this crap for an hour. :vomit I'm turning it off. I can't stand it anymore.

I would believe the two guys doing this show would announce this news if they knew it was fact.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Sure I'd like to see the Spurs add a star. Oh no.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Then don't talk about settling when there's still moves that can be made, Marcus. This was supposed to be the end of saving cap space, passing on trades and getting burned by free agents.

The front office isn't forfeitting anything to the Lakers.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:40 PM
How the F am I talking about "settling" when I say I want to see them add Odom?

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 01:42 PM
You keep harping about not changing the long-term focus because the Lakers have 4 Hall of Famers now.

The future is now.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Well of course. Why lock yourself into big contracts with marginal talent just because of short term moves by LA? In case you haven't been paying attention I'd prefer the Spurs to go after both Arenas and Odom.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Good for you.Unfortunately, getting ODom and Arenas will be much more difficult than signing decent unrestricted talent.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:51 PM
Arenas is an unrestricted free agent the last time I checked oh smart one.

T Park Num 9
07-14-2003, 01:52 PM
actaully Marcus, I think Arenas is Restricted.

Along with Odom.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Up to the MLE. Arenas is effectively unrestricted for the Spurs due to their cap room. GS can only match up to the MLE.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Arenas is a free agent, he has only been with the Warriors for two years.

Jesus people, do some homework.

AHF

Jimcs50
07-14-2003, 01:57 PM
AHF, I asked Jenny on the golf course Sat if she knew a Spurs fan that scuba dived and she did not know you in that way. I told her that your name was AHF but that did not help any.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 01:58 PM
He's restricted up to the MLE, Aggie. STFU.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Doesn't make a difference as long as GS is capped out.

Jimcs50
07-14-2003, 02:03 PM
Ghost, don't take out your frustrations og AHF....Just because Marcus is kicking your ass, does not mean you can be a jerk to others.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Do you want to make a bet that Arenas is a Warrior and Odom is a Clipper next season, champ?

Question.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 02:06 PM
Arenas will not stay in Golden State. Odom will not remain a Clipper.

How the F are the Warriors going to pay Arenas $9 mil a season?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Jim,

Tell her I'm the head of the Reed Rowdies, she'll know who I am.

Ghost,

He's restricted up to the MLE, Aggie. STFU.

Last time I checked, we weren't exactly talking about giving him 3 million. Try double that, at least. You STFU.

Marcus is already kicking your ass, do I need to jump in and start a dogpile?

AHF

baseline bum
07-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Ghost, GS will have to clear more than $16 million off their cap hit to offer Arenas $7 million. Look for him to be in Miami or possibly Utah.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 02:14 PM
We'll see, folks.

I remember a bunch of @ssh0les telling me that we were definitely coming away with either Kidd, Brand or O'Neal this summer, too.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 02:15 PM
No one ever said that GhostWhiner.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2003, 02:18 PM
I remember a bunch of @ssh0les telling me that we were definitely coming away with either Kidd, Brand or O'Neal this summer, too.

Dizz and Dusty don't count Ghost. Is that what it's come to?

AHF

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 02:19 PM
You know, at least there are rewards for listening to a woman bitch :makeout , but none for listening to a male bitch like Ghost.

Laters.

:king

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 02:23 PM
Oh, please.

Myself and a few others were in the minority saying that the Holt-ing Pattern was a ill-fated plan.

Now that what we warned about is coming to fruition, everyone is whistlin' Dixie.

And you wonder why I'm bitter.

T Park Num 9
07-14-2003, 02:25 PM
yeah that winning a ring
resigning Duncan

and able to sign players like Lamar Odom, Rasho, Gilbert Arenas is pathetic yeah I agree:rolleyes

ducks
07-14-2003, 02:27 PM
GHOST THE OFFSEASON IS NOT OVER TAKE A CHILL PILL

Jimcs50
07-14-2003, 02:30 PM
GHOST THE OFFSEASON IS NOT OVER TAKE A CHILL PILL

How about a cyanide pill instead? :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Gimme a break Ice, the Holt-ing pattern was already trumped by that little trophy celebration we had back in June.

AHF

Admiral
07-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Two years for Nesterovic. Brilliant. Ghost is correct that a few of us were very much against this plan two years ago. We did win the title though, and in that respect the Holting Pattern didn't cost us much. Nonetheless, some of us are not surprised that we haven't hauled in an all-star free agent class.

If only we had signed a credible black assistant coach, things might've turned out better. :lol

TheCat5
07-14-2003, 02:41 PM
This news still isn't confirmed, is it? Apparently that radio station isn't all that credible, although they did call the Cassell-Joe Smith trade a few weeks ago...

T Park Num 9
07-14-2003, 02:43 PM
nothing is confirmed.

Nothings happened.

People freaking out over nothing.

Ahhh the good old days..........

SpursWoman
07-14-2003, 02:45 PM
You know, at least there are rewards for listening to a woman bitch

:lol

(Base, the Spurs have put some time into Arenas--don't count him out yet :wink )

klubyreturns
07-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Yeah, this really pisses me off. You genius analysts calling for Kandi and Brown are a bunch of brown-nosing candy-asses now!

baseline bum
07-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Ah, the return of my favorite Nazi! So what are those 'Mexicans' on your street doing now?

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Aggie, clearing cap space for two years did nothing to help us win a title last season, idiot.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Aggie, clearing cap space for two years did nothing to help us win a title last season, idiot.

That's pretty disingenuous. No Holting pattern = no Parker, no Jack (definitely not starting anyway) and no Speedy. Last I checked, they were pretty important to the championship.

scott
07-14-2003, 04:23 PM
Yeah Aggie. The roster composition and the chemistry between the players played absolutely no role in the Spurs winning a championship. Get a clue, Aggie.

Archie
07-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Go slit your wrists already Ghost.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2003, 04:39 PM
:lol
Arch comes full circle RE: offseason suicide.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Why wouldn't we have drafted Parker, took a chance on Jackson or traded for Claxton if we had another max player under contract, Chump?

We do even more cost-cutting moves if we traded for a superstar!

Archie
07-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Oh so now Ghost doesn't make the phantom Payton trade. At least get your bullshit down before you spew it you little twerp.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2003, 06:59 PM
Why wouldn't we have drafted Parker, took a chance on Jackson or traded for Claxton if we had another max player under contract, Chump?

Huh?

Parker would've been gone with Malik and AD for Payton, right?

Jack likely wouldn't have seen the light of day and could have just as easily been cut in your scenario.

Half the reason Claxton was traded for was his expiring contract.

We can go back and forth on this again and again, but all we can say now is the Spurs got a championship out of the pattern and FA isn't over with yet.

Ghost Writer
07-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Okay, take PArker out of the picture and replace im with Payton for all I care.

That doesn't change the fact that with two max players under contract as well as Robinson, we'd be looking for even more cheap contracts like Jackson and Claxton's, Chump.