PDA

View Full Version : Trump says he is 'seriously' considering a capital gains tax cut

baseline bum
08-11-2020, 10:56 PM
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/511404-trump-says-he-is-seriously-considering-a-capital-gains-tax-cut
Trump says he is 'seriously' considering a capital gains tax cut

President Trump on Monday said he is considering a capital gains tax cut in an effort to create more jobs.

The statement comes days after Trump signed executive orders to extend unemployment benefits and an eviction moratorium and to reduce the payroll tax after negotiators were unable to reach an agreement on a coronavirus relief package.

“We’re looking at also considering a capital gains tax cut, which will create a lot more jobs,” Trump said Monday during a briefing.

“Looking very seriously at a capital gains tax cut and also at an income tax cut for middle-income families,” he added.

The action comes as Trump faces a slew of polls showing him trailing presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden in the race for the White House. The president has sought to show off his executive actions while blaming Democrats for the stalemate in Congress.

He said the nation can expect to hear more about his plans in the weeks ahead.

“I think it will be very exciting. A capital gains tax is going to be a lot of people put to work, and it will be a cut in the capital gains tax and also a cut in the middle-income tax,” the president added.

Questions have been raised about how effective Trump's orders will be. A $600 increase in unemployment benefits expired at the end of last month. Trump's order extends $300 in benefits, but the funds for the extension will run out in December. States are asked to come up with another $100 in benefits per week.

Trump also praised new job creation, highlighting a dip in the unemployment rate after it reached record highs during the course of the pandemic and subsequent shutdowns.

He said the country is seeing a housing and automobile boom, specifically calling out the creation of auto plants he said are popping up in Michigan and Ohio — two key swing states crucial to Trump’s bid for reelection.

“We’re doing rebuilding like nobody's ever seen. It's a big plus for manufacturing and construction. So construction is getting close to record territory. Manufacturing is doing very well. The car companies are doing very great. I'm very happy for Michigan, the state of Michigan. We have a lot of car companies moving in. Plants are being built and expanded in Michigan and Ohio,” Trump said.

“Theres is no reason why the economy can't grow at a 20 percent pace in third quarter. That will be record, and, interestingly, it will be a number that's going to be announced before Nov. 3. It gets announced probably around Nov. 1, which is very interesting,” the president said, referring to Election Day.

“But it's going to grow at a very substantial pace based on all the numbers we're looking at and probably a lot more substantial than we originally thought,” he added.

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 10:57 PM
Good

baseline bum
08-11-2020, 10:57 PM
Just like when Cuckner promised the nation would be back rocking by July. Is there any problem America faces that the GOP doesn't think the answer to is moar tax cuts for the rich?

baseline bum
08-11-2020, 10:58 PM
Good

Tax cuts for the rich, answer to every problem in the nation

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 10:58 PM
Cut inheritance tax, too.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2020, 11:00 PM
Just like when Cuckner promised the nation would be back rocking by July. Is there any problem America faces that the GOP doesn't think the answer to is moar tax cuts for the rich?:lmao "rockin'"

lol white people

baseline bum
08-11-2020, 11:01 PM
Tax cuts for the rich is the priority while 1/3 of the country can't make rent and faces eviction while tens of millions have lost jobs, I mean how can anyone vote for these fuckheads? Oh and killing off Social Security, Medicare, and the Post Office are the other priorities for this completely worthless political party.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2020, 11:02 PM
Tax cuts for the rich is the priority while 1/3 of the country can't make rent and faces eviction while tens of millions have lost jobs, I mean how can anyone vote for these fuckheads? Oh and killing off Social Security, Medicare, and the Post Office are the other priorities for this completely worthless political party.Darrin's gonna create jobs in his zip code tho.

Gonna buy a Bill Miller franchise.

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 11:02 PM
Define "the rich"

spurraider21
08-11-2020, 11:03 PM
Just like when Cuckner promised the nation would be back rocking by July. Is there any problem America faces that the GOP doesn't think the answer to is moar tax cuts for the rich?
moar guns will solve the gun problem too

ChumpDumper
Define "the rich"
Here we go.

Brags about riches.

DON'T YOU DARE CALL HIM RICH.

Will Hunting
Yeah like I said in another thread, if he’s reelected it’s the straw that breaks the American Empires back and it’s time to move to a new country.

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 11:04 PM
Define "the rich"

No one?

spurraider21
08-11-2020, 11:05 PM
Define "the rich"
for starters, people who would benefit from the below

Cut inheritance tax, too.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2020, 11:06 PM
Yeah like I said in another thread, if he’s reelected it’s the straw that breaks the American Empires back and it’s time to move to a new country.Buy a house in Portugal and live there five years. EU citizen.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2020, 11:06 PM
No one?Cry poverty for us from your pool.

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 11:08 PM
for starters, people who would benefit from the below

Not a definition

spurraider21
08-11-2020, 11:08 PM
Buy a house in Portugal and live there five years. EU citizen.
wife is set to get her citizenship here within a year, but she's going to maintain her dual citizenship in sweden. she can hook me up there :lol

Will Hunting
08-11-2020, 11:09 PM
Buy a house in Portugal and live there five years. EU citizen.
There’s a job opening in Sweden and I’m talking to someone in one of the same company’s US offices about it next week. I’d have to learn Swedish but basically everyone in Sweden also speaks English so I could get by.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2020, 11:09 PM
wife is set to get her citizenship here within a year, but she's going to maintain her dual citizenship in sweden. she can hook me up there :lolHERD IMMUNITY

Will Hunting
08-11-2020, 11:10 PM
No one?
It’s a stupid red herring not worth engaging on. People facing eviction don’t in any way benefit from a fucking capital gains tax reduction.

baseline bum
08-11-2020, 11:11 PM
It’s a stupid red herring not worth engaging on. People facing eviction don’t in any way benefit from a fucking capital gains tax reduction.

muh trickle down tho

ChumpDumper
08-11-2020, 11:11 PM
It’s a stupid red herring not worth engaging on. People facing eviction don’t in any way benefit from a fucking capital gains tax reduction.Darrin gon' give 'em jobs.

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 11:15 PM
I lived in a trailer park as a kid.

But those taxes affect me now.

Winehole23
08-11-2020, 11:16 PM
GoodYou're cool with taxation by presidential diktat if you get a tax break?

There's zero chance what Trump is talking about will pass the House.

ChumpDumper

But those taxes affect me now.But NY/NJ deaths don't, so it evens out.

Will Hunting

So because the taxes affect you now cutting them would somehow benefit the kid version of you who ostensibly lived in poverty? I don’t follow whatever incoherent argument you’re trying to make.

spurraider21

Here we go.

Brags about riches.

DON'T YOU DARE CALL HIM RICH.

baseline bum
08-11-2020, 11:17 PM

Why do you deserve a tax cut? Are you about to get evicted?

spurraider21
08-11-2020, 11:17 PM
So because the taxes affect you now cutting them would somehow benefit the kid version of you who ostensibly lived in poverty? I don’t follow whatever incoherent argument you’re trying to make.
he wants you to know that he has earned tax cuts

baseline bum
08-11-2020, 11:18 PM
There is an enormous homelessness crisis coming but the priority needs to be Trump cutting his own taxes.

Will Hunting
08-11-2020, 11:19 PM
There is an enormous homelessness crisis coming but the priority needs to be Trump cutting his own taxes.

Not my zip code, not my problem

baseline bum
08-11-2020, 11:20 PM
he wants you to know that he has earned tax cuts

Attitudes like this almost make me want to see the mass homelessness happen so the nation can be burned to the ground and overthrown. It's not like the constitution is worth shit anyways when it doesn't apply to Trump.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2020, 11:20 PM
All we need now is for CC to drive by in his Obamacart on his way to his lakehouse scolding us for picking on other obviously not rich people.

Winehole23
08-11-2020, 11:23 PM
Funny, they never call it looting when the government redistributes income to the top of the scale.

DarrinS
No one has defined "rich" yet.

Will Hunting
Attitudes like this almost make me want to see the mass homelessness happen so the nation can be burned to the ground and overthrown. It's not like the constitution is worth shit anyways when it doesn't apply to Trump.
People usually just make shit up about how self made they are and how much they “overcame”.

Elon Musk loves to talk about how he’s a hard working immigrant who had nothing (except for million in blood diamond money from his dad).

Spurminator
08-11-2020, 11:24 PM
People need to quit being lazy and contribute to the economy by having money that collects more money by sitting in an investment account.

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 11:26 PM
People need to quit being lazy and contribute to the economy by having money that collects more money by sitting in an investment account.

Should people stop investing?

Will Hunting
Because it doesn’t matter, it’s a red herring you’re trying to use to distract from the point of this thread.

Will Hunting
Another strawman.

daslicer
08-11-2020, 11:29 PM

In a perfect world the GOP would be down for 0 taxes for the rich and for everybody else to pay taxes at 100 percent.

Will Hunting
08-11-2020, 11:30 PM
In a perfect world the GOP would be down for 0 taxes for the rich and for everybody else to pay taxes at 100 percent.
In there perfect world there really aren’t taxes at all, it’s a feudalist authoritarian society where 90+% of the population has no wealth at all.

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 11:31 PM
Because it doesn’t matter, it’s a red herring you’re trying to use to distract from the point of this thread.

Another strawman.

Many of us that have 401k and are investing. Not all of us are Warren Buffet.

in2deep
08-11-2020, 11:31 PM

over 150k a year or about 10% of Americans?

ChumpDumper
08-11-2020, 11:32 PM
Darrin's definition of rich: $80,000,000,000.00

spurraider21
08-11-2020, 11:32 PM
In there perfect world there really aren’t taxes at all, it’s a feudalist authoritarian society where 90+% of the population has no wealth at all.
thats the meme of "anarcho-capitalism" which basically just means tyranny of corporations

Will Hunting
08-11-2020, 11:33 PM
Great, and you can afford the cap gains tax at its current rate.

I don’t buy it that giving your 401k a tax break helps the paycheck to paycheck family facing eviction due to a trickle down effect.

daslicer
People usually just make shit up about how self made they are and how much they “overcame”.

Elon Musk loves to talk about how he’s a hard working immigrant who had nothing (except for million in blood diamond money from his dad).

The self made bs is the biggest myth ever. Nobody who is successful became successful without somebody helping them along the way. In some cases they became successful by stealing other people's work ala Mark Zuckerberg stealing Winklevoss twins work from their social media website and using it to create facebook.

DarrinS

Thank you.

I guess I'm uber rich, woohoo!

Will Hunting
08-11-2020, 11:34 PM
Thank you.

Darrin wants everybody to know how much money he makes!

in2deep
08-11-2020, 11:34 PM
Thank you.

if you make that then yes you are rich.

and your point is?

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 11:35 PM
Great, and you can afford the cap gains tax at its current rate.

I don’t buy it that giving your 401k a tax break helps the paycheck to paycheck family facing eviction due to a trickle down effect.

Lockdowns force people to face evictions, tbh.

baseline bum
08-11-2020, 11:36 PM

Are you about to be evicted?

spurraider21
the nearly 80% of americans who live paycheck to paycheck by definition are unable to save and invest meaningfully

ChumpDumper
Government inaction and lack of conviction force people to face evictions, tbh.fify

Will Hunting
The self made bs is the biggest myth ever. Nobody who is successful became successful without somebody helping them along the way. In some cases they became successful by stealing other people's work ala Mark Zuckerberg stealing Winklevoss twins work from their social media website and using it to create facebook.
I still remember when all the dirt poor trailer trash in middle America was spitting mad when Obama said “you didn’t build that” :lol

spurraider21
1) not if the government provides a robust safety net well within its means

2) prolonged lockdowns are necessitated by earlier inaction

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 11:37 PM

and your point is?

My property tax alone is 12K/year.

ChumpDumper
Are you about to be evicted?He wants people to die so they don't get evicted.

daslicer

That's a great point I have never thought about it that way.

Will Hunting

and your point is?
That he’s really rich and you should think highly of him because of it!

in2deep
08-11-2020, 11:38 PM
trump is not wrong here i think

in usa 5% of americans control 95% of wealth so giving them an injection of cash would spin up the economy

its sad that we live in such society but again, trump is kicking the tires that would move

ducks
150k is not rich in cal !

baseline bum

So you're saying you're near homelessness?

Trill Clinton

And 80% of ST

in2deep

I'm sure the other 10% of rich americans are on the same boat

what a tough life

ducks
08-11-2020, 11:39 PM
1) not if the government provides a robust safety net well within its means

2) prolonged lockdowns are necessitated by earlier inaction

Never should have had a lockdown
Look at south Dakota

baseline bum

in usa 5% of americans control 95% of wealth so giving them an injection of cash would spin up the economy

its sad that we live in such society but again, trump is kicking the tires that would move

It did fuck all last time Trump did it.

Will Hunting
Cool. Still not quite sure why the current pandemic means your 401k should get a tax break, but I’m sure your 401k is very big and you worked very hard saving for it.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2020, 11:40 PM

its sad that we live in such society but again, trump is kicking the tires that would moveThe poor would actually spend the money. That's what stimulates a consumer economy. That's what's keeping it afloat now.

Will Hunting
08-11-2020, 11:40 PM

We’ve been giving that 5% a tax break since the 1960s, all its done is grow wealth inequality during that time. This country was most prosperous economically when the top marginal tax rate was over 90%.

ducks
08-11-2020, 11:41 PM
I'm sure the other 10% of rich americans are on the same boat

what a tough life

Why should Darin pay more then yin to Uncle Sam
Flat tax is fair

in2deep
The poor would actually spend the money. That's what stimulates a consumer economy.

agree but trump has months to make a change. thus kicking the tires.

fundamentally I agree but US would have to fundamentally change

ducks
The poor would actually spend the money. That's what stimulates a consumer economy.

Are you saying your poor

in2deep
08-11-2020, 11:42 PM
Why should Darin pay more then yin to Uncle Sam
Flat tax is fair

hes making more than 90% of americans of course he should pay more dumbo

Will Hunting
Are you saying your poor
I don’t think that’s what he’s saying, but I know you said that you pee on 13 year old girls.

spurraider21
median household income in the US is somewhere around 63k. while acknowledging that where you live can dictate what income levels provide what standard of living, making 2.5x the median household income is probably a good measure of being well off... would put you in the top 1/5. if you're talking individual, and not household income, thats a big difference as well

ChumpDumper
08-11-2020, 11:43 PM
agree but trump has months to make a change. thus kicking the tires.

fundamentally I agree but US would have to fundamentally changeNo, Trump and the rest have like days to make a change before evictions explode.

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 11:44 PM
Cool. Still not quite sure why the current pandemic means your 401k should get a tax break, but I’m sure your 401k is very big and you worked very hard saving for it.

Well, 30+ years. I'm not a govt employee, so I don't get to live off fellow taxpayers when I retire.

ducks
A three percent flat tax on things you buy would more then cover what the gov spends
It would be fair and all people black or white
Woman or male gay or lesbian or transgender would pay the same

ducks
hes making more than 90% of americans of course he should pay more dumbo

Why he earned it
Would you rather he give it to Clinton foundation so Clinton could ask for favors of Russia ?

And not pay taxes on that ?

ChumpDumper
Well, 30+ years. I'm not a govt employee, so I don't get to live off fellow taxpayers when I retire.Sure you do.

Will Hunting
08-11-2020, 11:45 PM
Well, 30+ years. I'm not a govt employee, so I don't get to live off fellow taxpayers when I retire.
Very cool! Must be gratifying if you’re seeking internet validation for it!

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 11:45 PM
median household income in the US is somewhere around 63k. while acknowledging that where you live can dictate what income levels provide what standard of living, making 2.5x the median household income is probably a good measure of being well off... would put you in the top 1/5. if you're talking individual, and not household income, thats a big difference as well

You're going to be a 1%er soon enough. :lol

daslicer
08-11-2020, 11:46 PM

It still will get you far in a lot of areas in this country outside of CA,NY,DC. It will also still get you far in Cali as long as you are not living in LA,SF. I know this because I have relatives that live in an hour and half outside of LA and operates a small business that brings in that money.

DarrinS
08-11-2020, 11:47 PM
Very cool! Must be gratifying if you’re seeking internet validation for it!

I'm just old, bro. :lol

ducks
08-11-2020, 11:48 PM
It's still will get you far in a lot of areas in this country outside of CA,NY,DC. It will also still get you far in Cali as long as you are not living in LA,SF. I know this because I have relatives that live in an hour and half outside of LA and operates a small business that brings in that money.

I am 3 hours from San Diego 150 is not cutting it
People moving to Yuma all the time from that $$$& place

spurraider21
08-11-2020, 11:50 PM
You're going to be a 1%er soon enough. :lol
that's the plan

and i'll continue to advocate and vote for people on the left. not going to pretend that increasing my taxes by some percentage points is a personal attack on muh success and is going to impact my standard of living

Will Hunting
08-11-2020, 11:52 PM
Yuma is a shithole. Anyone moving there has made more than a few bad life decisions.

spurraider21
08-11-2020, 11:52 PM
depends where in CA

but nobody making 150k is struggling unless they're paying for luxury items to prove their status or some shit

spurraider21
08-11-2020, 11:53 PM
how many kids do you have?

baseline bum
08-11-2020, 11:54 PM
that's the plan

and i'll continue to advocate and vote for people on the left. not going to pretend that increasing my taxes by some percentage points is a personal attack on muh success and is going to impact my standard of living

Probably good to not let 1/3rd of the nation go homeless if any of us want to keep steady paychecks and not have our neighborhoods burned to the ground. Guessing widespread social unrest from 1/3 of the country having nothing to lose might be pretty bad for the economy and all of our earnings.

Will Hunting
08-11-2020, 11:58 PM
Probably good to not let 1/3rd of the nation go homeless if any of us want to keep steady paychecks and not have our neighborhoods burned to the ground. Guessing widespread social unrest from 1/3 of the country having nothing to lose might be pretty bad for the economy and all of our earnings.
That’s what I don’t get. Even if I were a billionaire who lived in an isolated compound, I’d be screaming for a bailout right now because of how close we are to total anarchy.

ducks
08-11-2020, 11:58 PM
how many kids do you have?

I do not live their
I live in Yuma with a pool and 2 kids and soon with my wife of 23 years !

Will Hunting
08-11-2020, 11:59 PM
Your kids old enough to get peed on yet?

baseline bum
That’s what I don’t get. Even if I were a billionaire who lived in an isolated compound, I’d be screaming for a bailout right now because of how close we are to total anarchy.

The eviction crisis will magically go away just like COVID did

ducks
The USA really does not a bailout maybe just the ones not working no one else as long as they are legal usa citizen

ducks
08-12-2020, 12:00 AM
Your kids old enough to get peed on yet?

Dude one is living on his own and doing quite well

baseline bum
08-12-2020, 12:00 AM
The USA really does not a bailout maybe just the ones not working no one else as long as they are legal usa citizen

Did you take an English sentence and run it through five different languages in Google Translate and then have it translate back to English?

ducks
08-12-2020, 12:01 AM
The eviction crisis will magically go away just like COVID did

I am sure glad you were not alive in the great depreciation

ducks
08-12-2020, 12:03 AM
It still will get you far in a lot of areas in this country outside of CA,NY,DC. It will also still get you far in Cali as long as you are not living in LA,SF. I know this because I have relatives that live in an hour and half outside of LA and operates a small business that brings in that money.

Depends if you and your wife buy 30-50k cars and 200k student loans and then trying to buy a house

spurraider21
08-12-2020, 12:05 AM
Dude one is living on his own and doing quite well
one of your kids is on his own and 150k is still not cutting it for you in Yuma? i think you might be financially illiterate too

ElNono
08-12-2020, 12:05 AM
Who's paying for this tax cut?

spurraider21
08-12-2020, 12:07 AM
it will pay for itself

Seeded with tax cuts, the nation will eventually harvest the benefits

DMX7
08-12-2020, 12:07 AM

I bet the inheritance tax doesn’t. You probably don’t even know what the threshold for taxation is but you want it cut. Typical idiot.

daslicer
08-12-2020, 12:08 AM
Depends if you and your wife buy 30-50k cars and 200k student loans and then trying to buy a house

It's all about your priorities if you make that money and how you budget it. If you are very materialistic and you want the big house, the luxury cars of course it won't be enough.

ducks
08-12-2020, 12:08 AM
one of your kids is on his own and 150k is still not cutting it for you in Yuma? i think you might be financially illiterate too

I am fine I have solar lots of equality in my house one car payed off one also
150 would not cut it if I live in cal

I would never live their with their gun laws anyhow

spurraider21
08-12-2020, 12:09 AM
I am fine I have solar lots of equality in my house one car payed off one also
150 would not cut it if I live in cal

I would never live their with their gun laws anyhow
you'd be just fine in CA making 150, especially with 1 of 2 kids already out of the house :lol

DMX7
08-12-2020, 12:10 AM
it will pay for itself

Seeded with tax cuts, the nation will eventually harvest the benefits

I.e. your great great grandchildren are the ones paying.

daslicer
08-12-2020, 12:12 AM
you'd be just fine in CA making 150, especially with 1 of 2 kids already out of the house :lol

Agreed my relatives make above 100K and all of their kids are out of the house. They even bought a new house a few years back in Cali. I'm just not buying into the BS Ducks is spewing.

DarrinS
08-12-2020, 12:14 AM

This question is so odd.

spurraider21
08-12-2020, 12:14 AM
Agreed my relatives make above 100K and all of their kids are out of the house. They even bought a new house a few years back in Cali. I'm just not buying into the BS Ducks is spewing.
i mean its certainly more expensive, but the meme that people in CA earning 6 figures are struggling is absurd

daslicer
08-12-2020, 12:16 AM
i mean its certainly more expensive, but the meme that people in CA earning 6 figures are struggling is absurd

I agree.

spurraider21
08-12-2020, 12:18 AM
I agree.
palo alto has a median household income north of 130k, but thats very specific.

Winehole23
08-12-2020, 12:28 AM
it will pay for itself

Seeded with tax cuts, the nation will eventually harvest the benefitsI would post the relevant ST thread, but searching is disabled.

2012: Kansas tax cuts enacted
https://www.kansascity.com/latest-news/article303137/Brownback-signs-big-tax-cut-in-Kansas.html2014

2014: Revenue shortfall
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/23/upshot/kansas-faces-additional-revenue-shortfalls-after-tax-cuts.html

2015: Unemployment drops to the theoretical full employment level

Unemployment has dropped to 4.2% from 5.5% in 2013, and wages and job growth are steadily climbing.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/seeded-with-tax-cuts-kansas-harvests-the-benefits-1431729743

2017: Denouement, cuts repealed

Since Kansas enacted tax and spending cuts in 2012 and 2013, Brownback and his allies have argued that this fiscal potion would generate an explosion of economic growth. It didn’t. Overall growth and job creation (https://www.bls.gov/sae/) in Kansas underperformed both the national economy and neighboring states. From January, 2014 (after both tax cuts passed) to April, 2017, Kansas gained only 28,000 net new non-farm jobs. By contrast, Nebraska, an economically similar state with a much smaller labor force, saw a net increase of 35,000 jobs.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2017/06/07/the-great-kansas-tax-cut-experiment-crashes-and-burns/#6b5619c95508

spurraider21
08-12-2020, 12:43 AM
:lol that’s the one

ElNono
08-12-2020, 01:11 AM
This question is so odd.

why is that? you know how taxes work?

ElNono
08-12-2020, 01:16 AM
Also, somebody explain how trading financial instruments creates jobs? Especially in this shortsighted market?

ElNono
08-12-2020, 01:18 AM
I'll go ahead and claim that in it's current form, capital gains tax cuts actually removes incentives from creating jobs. Basically, if you can make more money trading papers, why would you take on the risk of employing people, dealing with benefits, paperwork, etc?

clambake
08-12-2020, 01:25 AM
Him saying it is just a treat. Wants your vote. He’ll pivot after he gets that.

And Darrin is chained to his 401k.

Chucho
08-12-2020, 01:58 AM
Tax cuts for the rich is the priority while 1/3 of the country can't make rent and faces eviction while tens of millions have lost jobs, I mean how can anyone vote for these fuckheads? Oh and killing off Social Security, Medicare, and the Post Office are the other priorities for this completely worthless political party.

You're going to give your vote to a pro-cop cop with a shady past who is barely more famous than the fat, dead wrestler's name she shares (to be honest, the Original Kamala was probably more well known than Black Gustapo Broad until '16) who died just two days before she was nominated. This person will assume the POTUS position because you're going to vote for a senile old man who is a blatant racist, establishment and more-than-likely massive pedophile who is going to die before 2 years of his term are complete. You and I both know neither side will do anything for the poor once in office, so no need to pretend your party cares more than the shits we're dealing with now.

Sorry, hard to take any Dem supporter at face value when the manipulation message has been "Fuck da police" the last X years and then you bend knee to accept and welcome the uglier version of Condoleza Rice as your next POTUS while the actual POTUS candidate has been telling the base he is race manipulating.

Hardcore Dems selling out their dogma to pwn the Conservitards. The irony.

Spurtacular
08-12-2020, 02:00 AM
:cry

:lmao Self-described Libertarian

ChumpDumper
08-12-2020, 02:10 AM
You're going to give your vote to a pro-cop cop with a shady past who is barely more famous than the fat, dead wrestler's name she shares (to be honest, the Original Kamala was probably more well known than Black Gustapo Broad until '16) who died just two days before she was nominated. This person will assume the POTUS position because you're going to vote for a senile old man who is a blatant racist, establishment and more-than-likely massive pedophile who is going to die before 2 years of his term are complete. You and I both know neither side will do anything for the poor once in office, so no need to pretend your party cares more than the shits we're dealing with now.

Sorry, hard to take any Dem supporter at face value when the manipulation message has been "Fuck da police" the last X years and then you bend knee to accept and welcome the uglier version of Condoleza Rice as your next POTUS while the actual POTUS candidate has been telling the base he is race manipulating.

Oh shit! Chucho's gonna vote for Trump!

Spurtacular
08-12-2020, 02:17 AM

:lol You and BlerpDerper play this pearls clutched card every time someone steps out of line.

Chucho
08-12-2020, 02:29 AM

Sure. Whatever you say, sweetie. You're going to vote a ticket that is headlined by a racist, old pedophile to counter a racist old pedophile who is putting a pro-cop fascist to pimp the colored vote. Good for you,. I'll still be abstaining like I said I was a few years ago.

Chucho
:lol You and BlerpDerper play this pearls clutched card every time someone steps out of line.

LOL, you took the bait.

ElNono
:lmao Self-described Libertarian

this is such a votingrepublican.jpg post, tbh... :lol

baseline bum
08-12-2020, 06:47 AM

That's ridiculous. I'm voting Biden because Trump is a complete fuck up whose COVID response is on par with a shithole like Iran instead of a modern nation like South Korea, New Zealand, or Germany. On top of that he has steered us into another great depression. LOL calling Biden senile when the guy he's running against thinks the Spanish flu ended WWII. I mean really, Biden's a bigger racist than Trump? And Biden was one of Epstein's friends like Trump? I'm supposed to not vote Trump out when he shows such blatant disregard for the constitution with his last series of executive orders?

Will Hunting
08-12-2020, 07:43 AM
That's ridiculous. I'm voting Biden because Trump is a complete fuck up whose COVID response is on par with a shithole like Iran instead of a modern nation like South Korea, New Zealand, or Germany. On top of that he has steered us into another great depression. LOL calling Biden senile when the guy he's running against thinks the Spanish flu ended WWII. I mean really, Biden's a bigger racist than Trump? And Biden was one of Epstein's friends like Trump? I'm supposed to not vote Trump out when he shows such blatant disregard for the constitution with his last series of executive orders?
It’s crazy that even the conservatives who I actually thought were more reasonable don’t see how alarming the last few months have been.

Trump and the GOP arent even being coy about voter suppression anymore. It used to just be voter ID laws and making it so urban residents had to wait in line longer, now they’re actively trying to sabotage the post office so mail in votes won’t be counted knowing that people who live in urban population centers are more likely to vote by mail than rural voters who can drive to their precinct, take 10 minutes to vote and be done without coming in close contact with anybody. Trump making one of his campaign donors postmaster general just months before an election that’s going to rely on mail in voting moreso than ever is something you’d see from a 3rd world dictator running a sham election.

Trump wants to use an unconstitutional executive order to give himself a tax cut while we’re a threadhair away from an eviction crisis, and the Conservative response is “well Joe Biden is a creepy old man!” What Trump is trying to do right now without going through Congress is blatantly unconstitutional but even the “moderate” conservatives don’t care.

Does Joe Biden have Dixiecrat roots as someone who views black people as inferior? Sure. Is Kamala’s track record as DA a partial birth abortion? Absolutely. Should Democrats be livid that this is the ticket we have? Yes, but it was ultimately black voters who overlooked Biden’s racism and gave him the primary, if it doesn’t bother them I’m not sure why it should bother me. For all their issues, neither one poses the existential threat to Democracy that Trump and the GOP currently do.

Winehole23
08-12-2020, 07:45 AM

Hardcore Dems selling out their dogma to pwn the Conservitards. The irony.If you've got a pro-Trump argument, I'd like to hear it.

Biden and Harris wouldn't have been my picks for anything, but it's hard to see how national leadership could be more corrupt, incompetent and sinister than what we've got now.

I'm not one of these people who thinks January 2017 was year zero and that Trump is uniquely bad and the font of all fascism. Nor do I think the danger will have passed or that a change of administration will fix anything automatically -- it won't. On the contrary, I'm one of the very few posters here who stresses the continuity between Bush/Obama/Trump and that Trump is the culmination of a long process rather than the exception to it.

I do think the Dems will address COVID-19 as a public health problem rather than as a PR crisis. Presuming total identity and equality of badness between the two candidates unrealistically foregrounds your own cynicism and obscures real differences. JMO. Trying to avoid Trump's version of fascism and get better leadership seems worth doing to me, why don't you think so too?

ChumpDumper
08-12-2020, 08:21 AM
Sure. Whatever you say, sweetie. You're going to vote a ticket that is headlined by a racist, old pedophile to counter a racist old pedophile who is putting a pro-cop fascist to pimp the colored vote. Good for you,. I'll still be abstaining like I said I was a few years ago.

You're fine with the way things are.

Good for you.

I think that's wrong. Think about the things that are making you choose to move from California.

THAT moves you to action. Trump moves you to try to scold other posters on a message board.

spurraider21
08-12-2020, 09:34 AM
Liberals are too soft on crime! These liberal DAs are too soft! Defund the police is stupid. We need MORE cops!

but kamala is gestapo!

Will Hunting
08-12-2020, 09:42 AM
Liberals are too soft on crime! These liberal DAs are too soft! Defund the police is stupid. We need MORE cops!

but kamala is gestapo!
Joe Biden has given in to BLM and the leftist agenda! In Biden’s America the feminazis and BLM terrorists will run wild!

But he’s also a racist sex offender who black people and women should hate!

Spurtacular
08-12-2020, 01:42 PM
LOL, you took the bait.

Anyone who responds to Cherp's pearl clutching? :lolK

SnakeBoy
08-12-2020, 03:19 PM
Tax cuts for the rich, answer to every problem in the nation

The rich should pay more. Thankfully Joe is promising to take away the Trump tax cuts for incomes above $400k/yr and raise corporate taxes to 7% below where they were when Trump took office :lol

spurraider21
08-12-2020, 03:24 PM
The rich should pay more. Thankfully Joe is promising to take away the Trump tax cuts for incomes above $400k/yr and raise corporate taxes to 7% below where they were when Trump took office :lol
no delusions of biden/harris being very progressive (why the "radical socialist" descriptions are fucking hilarious), but better than leaving those cuts in place and making further cuts to payroll and capital gains

TimDunkem
08-12-2020, 03:32 PM
God he's so terrible. Where can I bet on this orange turd to lose in November? Not here. Too many welchers.

SnakeBoy
08-12-2020, 03:34 PM
If you've got a pro-Trump argument, I'd like to hear it.

Biden and Harris wouldn't have been my picks for anything, but it's hard to see how national leadership could be more corrupt, incompetent and sinister than what we've got now.

I'm not one of these people who thinks January 2017 was year zero and that Trump is uniquely bad and the font of all fascism. Nor do I think the danger will have passed or that a change of administration will fix anything automatically -- it won't. On the contrary, I'm one of the very few posters here who stresses the continuity between Bush/Obama/Trump and that Trump is the culmination of a long process rather than the exception to it.

I do think the Dems will address COVID-19 as a public health problem rather than as a PR crisis. Presuming total identity and equality of badness between the two candidates unrealistically foregrounds your own cynicism and obscures real differences. JMO. Trying to avoid Trump's version of fascism and get better leadership seems worth doing to me, why don't you think so too?

lol those mental gymnastics to justify your vote...like a true Bernie cuck.

At least Paulbot Whinehole stood his ground and voted Gary Johnson cuz muh ethics

koriwhat
08-12-2020, 03:38 PM

it might've bounced back more if bigDem cities/states weren't advocating for mass protests, looting, rioting but instead advocated for people to go back to work.

koriwhat
08-12-2020, 03:39 PM
If you've got a pro-Trump argument, I'd like to hear it.

lmao chicken little... orange man bad!

ElNono
08-12-2020, 03:56 PM
lmao chicken little... orange man bad!

I wish it would be just 'bad'... we're in historically terrible ground here...

koriwhat
08-12-2020, 04:01 PM

who's fault? let me guess, orange man bad!

ElNono
08-12-2020, 04:05 PM
who's fault? let me guess, orange man bad!

Sure as hell starts at the top... I mean, you guys told us when head niglet in charge was around...

SnakeBoy
08-12-2020, 04:06 PM

In what way?

Winehole23
08-12-2020, 04:39 PM
lol those mental gymnastics to justify your vote...like a true Bernie cuck.

At least Paulbot Whinehole stood his ground and voted Gary Johnson cuz muh ethicsWrong.

I didn't end up voting for Johnson. I left the top of the ticket blank in 2016.

koriwhat
08-12-2020, 04:40 PM
Sure as hell starts at the top... I mean, you guys told us when head niglet in charge was around...

i don't use language like you do because it's pathetic. either way, i told you nothing about obama either.

Winehole23
08-12-2020, 04:43 PM
lmao chicken little... orange man bad!Historically bad, yes.

The ony modern Presidents who were arguably worse IMO were GWB and Woodrow Wilson.

koriwhat
08-12-2020, 04:49 PM
Historically bad, yes.

The ony modern Presidents who were arguably worse IMO were GWB and Woodrow Wilson.

not the spyking who ran guns to the cartels and took POC out whenever he could with drones?

lmao you fucking cultist

boutons_deux
08-12-2020, 04:54 PM
I'll go ahead and claim that in it's current form, capital gains tax cuts actually removes incentives from creating jobs. Basically, if you can make more money trading papers, why would you take on the risk of employing people, dealing with benefits, paperwork, etc?

Jack Welch was famous for destroying much of GE's industrial strength, firing 1000s of engineers, having a 1000 people in its tax dept so GE could pay no tax, even get $Ms tax refunds.

iow, JW saw GE's profits primarily from money making money, not making stuff.

If Capital can make more Capital just with Capital than with Capital making stuff using messy, costly people,

then why would a Capitalist bother with making stuff? aka, the "financialization" of the economy.

============================

The market v the real economy
https://www.economist.com/leaders/2020/05/07/the-market-v-the-real-economy (https://www.economist.com/leaders/2020/05/07/the-market-v-the-real-economy)

SnakeBoy
08-12-2020, 05:09 PM
Wrong.

I didn't end up voting for Johnson. I left the top of the ticket blank in 2016.

:lol

Spurminator
08-12-2020, 08:10 PM

Why would higher capital gains keep people from investing? You gonna put cash in the mattress so you collect 0% interest and don't have to pay tax on it?

I'd still put money in stocks even if the capital gains tax was 98%.

ElNono
08-13-2020, 12:49 AM
In what way?

One of the largest drops in GDP in the past century, not to mention the death toll, which already surpassed US casualties in a number of wars.

Winehole23
08-13-2020, 12:53 AM
One of the largest drops in GDP in the past century, not to mention the death toll, which already surpassed US casualties in a number of wars.
No, no, you can't cite absolute death tolls, that's politically biased. The objective representation is deaths per capita, I'm told.

SnakeBoy
08-13-2020, 12:57 AM

Okay, I figured it was either the self imposed recession or the number of deaths by natural causes.

Winehole23
08-13-2020, 01:00 AM
:lmao

ElNono
08-13-2020, 01:00 AM
No, no, you can't cite absolute death tolls, that's politically biased. The objective representation is deaths per capita, I'm told.

Well, IIRC, the worst case body count for the Korean war was ~54k American deaths. There US population back then was about half of what it is today (roughly 160m). And this was spread over 8 years.

So, I think it's pretty safe to say that the Trump pest safely takes the lead here.

Winehole23
08-13-2020, 01:02 AM
Well, IIRC, the worst case body count for the Korean war was ~54k American deaths. There US population back then was about half of what it is today (roughly 160m). And this was spread over 8 years.

So, I think it's pretty safe to say that the Trump pest safely takes the lead here.Should have blued it, I was parroting DMC.

Pelicans78
08-13-2020, 01:29 AM
Yeah like I said in another thread, if he’s reelected it’s the straw that breaks the American Empires back and it’s time to move to a new country.

Canada’s too cold.