PDA

View Full Version : Anyone suffer from depression?

easjer
11-08-2005, 10:38 AM
I haven't seen my counselor in awhile, since things were going so positively.

But I'm feeling an overwhelming amount of pressure to find a new job so we can move back home. But I don't want any job that pays the bills, I want a job I am happy in, since I came within inches of quitting my current job after the bullshit a dean pulled this weekend. I feel trapped right now. I'm looking for a job in the SA area, but I live in Houston. We have no savings, but plenty of bills. I want to be home so badly that it's like a physical ache now that we aren't held down to Houston. But I can't just take another job somewhere, I need something that makes me happy and pays well enough that we can live comfortably.

My poor husband wants me to feel better and I want to as well. This is all coming from me putting too much pressure on myself and worrying about the future. I have identified the problem, but don't know how to fix it. I am not a candidate for medication (nor would I take it if I were). I just need ways to destress myself I guess.

angel_luv
11-08-2005, 10:56 AM
You have my compassion. I've been there- still am in some regards.
I wll pray for you.

I think there is some excellent advice in your signature and more where that came from.
Psalm 91 is dear to my heart in times like those. =)

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 10:58 AM
every year except 99, 03, and 05.

mookie2001
11-08-2005, 11:04 AM
will is vital in ones life
with no will will will be will?
is will measurable?
can you see will in ones eyes?
i no longer have that shit
i lost that shit i have said goodbye
having none will be my demise
how can will exist in so many lifes?
no fucking will
that fucking shit has left my worthless ass
lacking will
i cannot turn hands to labor
i cannot kick like Segal
i cannot throw bones without will
thinking about will i see, how the will to have will has escaped me
when i die, one will say
that fucker said he had no will the other day
i cannot take my life
will is vital to accomplish this
fucking will i do not have that shit
if i die, know my fucking breath is not one with anyones breath
will i die?
is fucking will so important
that lack of it will be my death
i have lost that shit sometime ago

Vashner
11-08-2005, 11:13 AM
I think life always has a series of challenges and pot holes. Use fun hobbies to get out of funks. Turn off the TV for one and get out of the house.

Edit: Btw do not quit your job till you get a new one. Remember give yourself the advange, never the enemy. When you do it that way YOU are in control and no one else.

1Parker1
11-08-2005, 11:14 AM
I think everyone at some point or another in their lives feels down and depressed. The important thing to remember is that though you're problems may seem bad at the time, you need to remember all the good things you have and remember that the bad things are just a small part in the big scheme of things.

Let's face it...life sucks for the majority of us. School, Work, Family, Personal problems all have a way of slowing you down and keeping you from enjoying life. I just keep telling myself that things will get better eventually and that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

1Parker1
11-08-2005, 11:18 AM
I think life always has a series of challenges and pot holes. Use fun hobbies to get out of funks. Turn off the TV for one and get out of the house.

Edit: Btw do not quit your job till you get a new one. Remember give yourself the advange, never the enemy. When you do it that way YOU are in control and no one else.

Oh, and that helps too :)

You should try and do what I do...take a "Me day" every once in a while. Take off from work one weekday or leave early and go do something you like doing, all by yourself. Whether that's spending a day shopping, getting a manicure, going to the bookstore, buying yourself a cool Lemonade and pretzel at the mall, renting a few movies and sitting down by yourself and watching them, etc. Do stuff that makes you alone happy for at least half a day. Trust me, not only will you manage to forget your problems for a little while, you'll end up feeling better and may just get a newer perspective on things once you stop concentrating on it so much.

easjer
11-08-2005, 11:22 AM
That's a good idea. I took off work early yesterday, but we didn't really do anything. Get paid Friday, should go browse a bookstore and get some scrapbooking supplies for the wedding book.

1Parker1
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
That's a good idea. I took off work early yesterday, but we didn't really do anything. Get paid Friday, should go browse a bookstore and get some scrapbooking supplies for the wedding book.

Seriously, it'll work like magic. But you have to do it the right way. Can't just be for an hour or two here or there. Preferably is should be a weekday afternoon around 1-4, that way malls and places aren't really crowded and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that while the rest of the world is slaving away at work, you are out there doing your own thing (at least for that time)

:lol

Let me know how it goes. If all else fails, there's always Prozac.

Carie
11-08-2005, 12:54 PM
easjer, check your pm's!

MiNuS
11-08-2005, 01:10 PM
everyone gets down once in a while. We're alive! The only time we stay down is when we're burried 6 ft under. And even then some of us still believe we will rise to heaven.

check your sleeping habits.
your plans.
wake up and jump out of bed.
meet new people.
do something completely out of your ordinary life.Go skating,if you don't skate.Skinny dip!
smile.
whistle in the shower.Sing.