PDA

View Full Version : Damn Research Paper

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-08-2005, 10:39 AM
It's not bad at all, really.

It's all my fault. I waited until the day it was due to start (we essentially got the assignment on the first day of classes and the prompt about a week or two later).

So it's due at 5 p.m. today and I have one page down, and that includes a long quote/source.

It's a five-to-six page paper on the Carniovre program used by the FBI and using the movie Swordfish as a jumping-in point.

Looks like I'm skipping the class this is due for, too.

Anyways, just wanted to share since it seems I'm still fucking procrastinating.

:lol

CharlieMac
11-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Look at the bright side, without the internet you'd actually be at the library right now. Maybe.

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Swordfish? HaHaHa

one of the worst movies ever (except for Halle's tits, of course).

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Swordfish? HaHaHa

one of the worst movies ever (except for Halle's tits, of course).

I chose the movie because I knew that any research on it would be easier to find since the subjects would be more recent (we could have chosen from three other movies...and it's basically as jumping-in points).

And Eriks, you've made my day with that reminder...thanks.

FromWayDowntown
11-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Been there JB. My last college act (other than graduating) was spending one night writing a 15 page paper (which had been assigned on the first day of class) for an HR management class.

Ironically, I guess, that paper was about an employer's right to monitor employees, including the right to track internet usage . . . .

glad my employer hasn't read that conclusion.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Damnit to hell. I'm three pages done and I can't stop searching around like I have nothing to do.

That, and I just had another professional threat lobbed at me...ah, the joys of being a managing editor.

batman2883
11-08-2005, 01:23 PM
i love research papers

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2005, 12:08 AM
WTF!

I just got this a bit ago. Not one damn time did the assignment say anything other than review/discussion. She even sent a discussion topic and said to focus more on the topic and use it as a jumping off point to the topic.

Hi Joe. I just had a chance to look over your paper and you missed a big
portion of what you were supposed to cover. The outline is attached. You
didn't do a movie review at all. The part on carnivore was supposed to be
the bulk of your paper, but just a part of the paper.

You can leave the paper turned in as is. Or if you want to edit and resubmit
tomorrow (Wednesday), I will only take 10 points off for being late. But,
the review counts for 50+ of the points. I encourage you to revise.

Let me know your thoughts.

This is the response I got this morning when I asked her what exactly I needed to make sure I covered.

Hi Joe. Unfortunately that information is at home and I won't be there until after work... after your due time. I am assuming that the your paper was to cover why Stanley was so opposed to Carnivore. Your research should be in what Carnivore is and why it has such a bad wrap. Does that answer your question?
Thanks,

So now, instead of getting some sleep so I can be in SA by 830 tomorrow morning, I get to stay up doing a damn paper again.

I am fucking pissed.

T Park
11-09-2005, 01:28 AM
lol.

Dude, only a freakin bottle of Grey Goose can fix that.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2005, 02:15 AM
lol.

Dude, only a freakin bottle of Grey Goose can fix that.

Maybe, but she has a boyfriend. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2005, 02:15 AM
how old are u jonny blaze?

i had a similar experience the other night...however mine turned out better. i had a 5 page philosophy and literature essay due Monday at 9:05 AM on Nov. 7th. of course i wait till 3:15AM monday morning to start....o yea, i hadnt read the book either....but i think it turned out alright...:lol, last time i did it, i got a B+.....good luck to u

T Park
11-09-2005, 02:20 AM
Maybe, but she has a boyfriend

lmao

Good one bro.

Trainwreck2100
11-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Maybe, but she has a boyfriend. :lol

Then hit her over the head with it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2005, 02:43 AM
what type of school u goin to at that age?

I'm finishing my bachelor's degree.

I took some time off from school from 1999-2002.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-09-2005, 02:50 AM
you might as well decapitate your chode

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2005, 02:51 AM
Is it right for a poor man to steal a loaf of bread to feed his family? Well, this is the same argument except with money and slick computers.

Kori Ellis
11-09-2005, 02:52 AM
you might as well decapitate your chode

hahahaha

decapitate

:lmao

iminlakerland
11-09-2005, 03:09 AM
this semester i gave up on the procrastination. I've been studying my buttox off and finishing stuff before the due date, granted i'm more exhausted this semester then prior ones, my grades show a greater improvement.

I think i have done away with procrastination :)

mavsfan1000
11-09-2005, 03:12 AM
I fucking hate research papers more than anything.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2005, 03:19 AM
this semester i gave up on the procrastination. I've been studying my buttox off and finishing stuff before the due date, granted i'm more exhausted this semester then prior ones, my grades show a greater improvement.

I think i have done away with procrastination :)

Let's just say that tomorrow's issue of The University Star will probably be a complete surprise to me as I left the office once I got back from election night stuff at about 10 p.m. I went to Hastings to get the damn DVD of Swordfish so I could do the "review" part of my paper.

I have no clue what my page looks like tomorrow, much less the front page calling the (now) runoff election for SM City Council, Place 4.

Kori Ellis
11-09-2005, 03:39 AM
Let's just say that tomorrow's issue of The University Star will probably be a complete surprise to me as I left the office once I got back from election night stuff at about 10 p.m. I went to Hastings to get the damn DVD of Swordfish so I could do the "review" part of my paper.

I have no clue what my page looks like tomorrow, much less the front page calling the (now) runoff election for SM City Council, Place 4.

Maybe you should stop bitching about it in the forum and get to writing it. :lol

Just kidding JB. Good luck. :tu

Marie -- good job not procrastinating.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2005, 03:43 AM
Maybe you should stop bitching about it in the forum and get to writing it. :lol

Marie -- good job not procrastinating.

Joke's on you...I just finished it and sent it.

FromWayDowntown
11-09-2005, 04:03 AM
I have to say, given her written responses to you, it seems easy to figure out why you'd be confused.

It also seems quite likely that she has no real idea how to grade writing, since she apparently is unable to write clearly herself.

Anyway, props on gettin' 'er done!

Bill Lumbergh
11-09-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm sorry but I never recieved your paper Johnny.

herbivore female
11-09-2005, 09:50 AM
You Suck Glaze Hope You Get A D For Dicking Around

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2005, 01:05 PM

Score!

Received. Wow, sorry you worked so late on this. Since it was still received
yesterday, I will only take off the -5 for same day late.

Ginofan
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
I thought Asians didn't mess around when it came to school?