Dejounte
08-13-2020, 08:15 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1294078069024661504?s=19

Darius Bieber
08-13-2020, 08:16 PM
LMA and DeMar confirmed going to Portland

Truth4sale$
08-13-2020, 08:20 PM
DeMar is going to the Nets, Knicks or Orlando. LMA is Portland, or Miami bound if a 3 team trade can be done.

poopbox
08-13-2020, 08:28 PM
DeMar is going to the Nets, Knicks or Orlando. LMA is Portland, or Miami bound if a 3 team trade can be done.

With Collins and Nurkic back I do not see anyway that Portland would want LMA. Also wouldn't work salary wise.

TimDunkem
08-13-2020, 08:35 PM
A deal isn't possible with Portland without Nurkic which they're not giving up. Miami has no picks to trade either, so no trade would be very palatable.

Collins21
08-13-2020, 08:40 PM
A deal isn't possible with Portland without Nurkic which they're not giving up. Miami has no picks to trade either, so no trade would be very palatable.

I don't get why people here don't understand this.

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 08:47 PM
White/ DJ/ Q
Keldon/ Mills/ 2020 MLE player
DeMar/ Lonnie
Lyles/ Samanic/ 2020 1st rd pick
Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

SAGirl
08-13-2020, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised or upset if he did. I still think he wants a long term deal, but could bide his time.

TDomination
08-13-2020, 08:49 PM
As long as Forbes and belli are gone...Im good

exstatic
08-13-2020, 09:14 PM
With Collins and Nurkic back I do not see anyway that Portland would want LMA. Also wouldn't work salary wise.

Portland will want whoever Damian wants.

Chinook
08-13-2020, 09:28 PM
Just to be clear, was there a tweet actually saying DeRozan is opting in? I mentioned a while back that DeRozan signing a Jefferson-like contract is a very legit possibility. The Spurs are actually near enough to the tax line in a flat cap that they don't have a good way to improve their roster/replace Beli and Forbes unless they let Lyles go and/or have DeRozan's cap number reduced. I could definitely see them thinking DeMar at $64M/3 or $80M/4 is a steal.

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 09:31 PM
Just to be clear, was there a tweet actually saying DeRozan is opting in? I mentioned a while back that DeRozan signing a Jefferson-like contract is a very legit possibility. The Spurs are actually near enough to the tax line in a flat cap that they don't have a good way to improve their roster/replace Beli and Forbes unless they let Lyles go and/or have DeRozan's cap number reduced. I could definitely see them thinking DeMar at $64M/3 or $80M/4 is a steal.

Nah, just basically pointing out the change in tune from DeMar about discussing the future. Last week he wasn't thinking about next season, now he's making statements about "our team" and how he looks forward to it.

Joseph Kony
08-13-2020, 09:33 PM
White/ DJ/ Q
DeMar/ Lonnie
Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

I would really hope if we spend the 2020 MLE it is to get a forward to start next to LA assuming we keep him and not a third string SG :lol

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 09:35 PM
I would really hope if we spend the 2020 MLE it is to get a forward to start next to LA assuming we keep him and not a third string SG :lol

I was thinking about it but I just thought we are cluttered as hell at the PF spot if we draft another one, and keep both Lyles, Samanic.

Joseph Kony
08-13-2020, 09:38 PM
I was thinking about it but I just thought we are cluttered as hell at the PF spot if we draft another one, and keep both Lyles, Samanic.

Samanic probably still won't play much, and Lyles, assuming we keep him, can play both forward spots or small ball C so there's room for him. we need guys that can interchange between SF/PF more than anything else imo

ZeusWillJudge
08-13-2020, 09:38 PM
Nah, just basically pointing out the change in tune from DeMar about discussing the future. Last week he wasn't thinking about next season, now he's making statements about "our team" and how he looks forward to it.

LMAO. This word "confirmed"? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 09:41 PM
LMAO. This word "confirmed"? I do not think it means what you think it means.

It was tongue in cheek. Aren't we all used to all the outrageous titles of threads on this forum? You're telling me "The Tiny Ripple Brothers" is some great title? :spin

Amuseddaysleeper
08-13-2020, 09:44 PM
Fuck terrible news

Chinook
08-13-2020, 09:46 PM

Could definitely see the two sides have agreed to a deal by now.

Basically here's a Capulator link to what such an off-season might look like: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=8030726465f35fa92d0800068351062

Remember, the tax lux is projected to be the same as this year, so the Spurs are JUST under due to those transactions. Also I put Saric in there because he's probably the best forward on the market that may have to settle for the MLE.

DAF86
08-13-2020, 09:47 PM
White/ DJ/ Q
DeMar/ Lonnie
Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

Where's Gay? Also, what if we draft someone like Toppin? Do you guys see him playing PF next to Aldridge or would that pair be too slow on lateral quickness for today's NBA?

poopbox
08-13-2020, 09:48 PM

I actually think the opposite, I think the plan is for them to hoard all that cap space that is going to build up over the end of next season when no matter what Mills, Derozan, LMA, and Gay contracts come off the books, AND the only players they have in line to pay are Derrick and Jakob...Also with how well Keldon played I would think the spurs would be comfortable moving on from Derozan at the 3...which really only leaves him playing as a small ball 4...which is okay for a year but no way you do that for 4 years cause eventually Luka is going to get his change to be the starting 4...Derozan playing major minutes at the 1 or 2 isn't an option anymore because I also fee certain that Dejounte and White will be the starting guards going forward with at least next season Lonnie coming off the bench...

r0drig0lac
08-13-2020, 09:50 PM
White/ DJ/ Q
DeMar/ Lonnie
Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

trade Demar for depth in the wing and we’ll have an incredibly deep team in the next season.

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 09:50 PM
Where's Gay? Also, what if we draft someone like Toppin? Do you guys see him playing PF next to Aldridge or would that pair be too slow on lateral quickness for today's NBA?

Damn, I forgot about Gay but I hope he's gone too. When he's relied on and when he's getting too many minutes, he's a terrible player (kind of like Forbes).

Toppin is bad on defense and I've said that in the past, but I think under Pop and being drafted by the Spurs will maybe shift his focus to defense when he's working on his game. Toppin is definitely a PF in the NBA.

Chinook
08-13-2020, 09:52 PM
I actually think the opposite, I think the plan is for them to hoard all that cap space that is going to build up over the end of next season when no matter what Mills, Derozan, LMA, and Gay contracts come off the books, AND the only players they have in line to pay are Derrick and Jakob...Also with how well Keldon played I would think the spurs would be comfortable moving on from Derozan at the 3...which really only leaves him playing as a small ball 4...which is okay for a year but no way you do that for 4 years cause eventually Luka is going to get his change to be the starting 4...Derozan playing major minutes at the 1 or 2 isn't an option anymore because I also fee certain that Dejounte and White will be the starting guards going forward with at least next season Lonnie coming off the bench...

Basically, they don't have cap space, and they're in danger of paying the tax just because of people's salaries going up. They could stay under without redoing DeRozan's deal, but it would require letting Forbes and Beli go, cutting Metu and choosing between Lyles and Poeltl, while making zero moves to take advantage of the last year of DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge. It's definitely possible, but the margin is so thin that if the Spurs win the lottery, they'd be in the tax.

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 09:52 PM
trade Demar for depth in the wing and we’ll have an incredibly deep team in the next season.

A pass-first and 4th quarter DeMar is a valuable player... And if he's bought in as being a mentor? He's not so bad...

DAF86
08-13-2020, 09:55 PM
Damn, I forgot about Gay but I hope he's gone too. When he's relied on and when he's getting too many minutes, he's a terrible player (kind of like Forbes).

Toppin is bad on defense and I've said that in the past, but I think under Pop and being drafted by the Spurs will maybe shift his focus to defense when he's working on his game. Toppin is definitely a PF in the NBA.

He's just 6'9" but has a 7'2" wingspan (better than Poeltl), is huge (strong) and is a human pogo. Pair all that with the fact he's a bit slow footed when trying to move laterally and he has all the making of a center in today's NBA, imho.

exstatic
08-13-2020, 09:59 PM
While he was on strike, mute cancer said he was going to finish his career with the Spurs. Players talk out of their asses all th time.

poopbox
08-13-2020, 10:07 PM
Basically, they don't have cap space, and they're in danger of paying the tax just because of people's salaries going up. They could stay under without redoing DeRozan's deal, but it would require letting Forbes and Beli go, cutting Metu and choosing between Lyles and Poeltl, while making zero moves to take advantage of the last year of DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge. It's definitely possible, but the margin is so thin that if the Spurs win the lottery, they'd be in the tax.

I agree with what you say, I just don't think the spurs care very much about taking advantage of the last year of DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge. The playoff streak is over, and Derozan/Gay/Aldridge are not taking you anywhere. Extending any of those guys cuts into your future cap space, and I am somebody who thinks it was set up by design that even if they opt in Derozan, Gay, Aldridge, and Patty contracts all expire in the same season or if they opt out over 2 seasons. That is 78 million off the books over the next two seasons. Depending on service time of the player you are trying to get, that is two max contracts. Now who even knows if the Spurs can get a max player to even come here, history says no, but I feel like the front office would rather go down that route than to pay Derozan. I feel like the writing was on the wall in the bubble where he was pretty much shoe horned into playing small ball 4 because Pop made the number 1 priority getting Lonnie and Keldon minutes as well as making white and murray play with each other as much as possible.

FkLA
08-13-2020, 10:30 PM
Would've been nice to give DeRozan a fair shot by letting him play alongside the perimeter guys he played with in the bubble for a whole season. I think the team gets into the playoffs easily, the future looks just as bright, and extending him becomes an easier decision to make.

I also think spurfan wouldn't be as harsh on him. Not even Nephew himself couldve won with Forms, Beli, and Wombat dragging him down.

gambit1990
08-13-2020, 10:37 PM
A pass-first and 4th quarter DeMar is a valuable player... And if he's bought in as being a mentor? He's not so bad...
:lmao

please, y'all need to stop with this demar as a mentor shït.

keldon should be mentoring demar :lol

BatManu20
08-13-2020, 10:55 PM
Was never a question tbh.

offset formation
08-13-2020, 11:22 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1294078069024661504?s=19

wasn't that Drew Carey fuck saying, but, but, but LMA has chemistry issues with everyone including DDR.

Fucking dunce of a poster.

sananspursfan21
08-13-2020, 11:32 PM
I was pretty pleased with Demar in the bubble. I don’t hate this. I know I’m one of the few on here who doesn’t mind him.

DC23
08-13-2020, 11:34 PM
It isn't confirmed until it is confirmed, lol. What do you expect him to say? While he make in-fact opt in this comment alone means nothing...

SAGirl
08-14-2020, 12:11 AM
Could definitely see the two sides have agreed to a deal by now.

Basically here's a Capulator link to what such an off-season might look like: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=8030726465f35fa92d0800068351062

Remember, the tax lux is projected to be the same as this year, so the Spurs are JUST under due to those transactions. Also I put Saric in there because he's probably the best forward on the market that may have to settle for the MLE.
Thanks for that. Wow that DeMarre Carroll horrible deal.
:-( Get out from the Pau dead salary to get on this dead salary...

gambit1990
08-14-2020, 12:23 AM
RJ was set to make $15 mil. he opted out and resigned for 4 years / $39 million.

gambit1990
08-14-2020, 12:25 AM
spurs have to be less inclined to move demar after the bubble...

hopefully other teams were watching him...

phxspurfan
08-14-2020, 01:09 AM
Welcome back DeMar!

My jersey is still wearable :)

duncan2k5
08-14-2020, 01:11 AM
Plz no... Both him and LMA needs to get gone ASAP

phxspurfan
08-14-2020, 01:12 AM
I was pretty pleased with Demar in the bubble. I don’t hate this. I know I’m one of the few on here who doesn’t mind him.

Was always a fan, considering how fucked we were with Kawhi broadcasting he wanted to leave and basically broadcasting he would make his way home to LA.

Now if we had moved earlier in the season and pitched Kawhi for Dame+CJ to the Blazers, that would have been the 200IQ move (that I called when Kawhi was bullshitting an injury throughout Nov/Dec).

phxspurfan
08-14-2020, 01:14 AM
While he was on strike, mute cancer said he was going to finish his career with the Spurs. Players talk out of their asses all th time.

Yeah but that was super obviously fake. He even said it with a studder. All while His Camp was clearly hiding things from the FO, who wanted to shut him down for the season since he was complaining endlessly about his Thigh Owie.

duncan2k5
08-14-2020, 01:14 AM

So we need a pandemic and half the teams not giving a shit for DDR to look halfway decent?and this is what will win us a championship? gtfoh...hasn't his entire career been proof enough? He was a failure on a better team in the east...Get him out!

phxspurfan
08-14-2020, 01:16 AM

Agree about Gay. Nice guy buy about as TOSB as TOSB gets. Like Beli, should have been out of the NBA years ago. A young dude like Keldon or Metu could easily be getting minutes in his stead and learning a ton

phxspurfan
08-14-2020, 01:17 AM
So we need a pandemic and half the teams not giving a shit for DDR to look halfway decent?and this is what will win us a championship? gtfoh...hasn't his entire career been proof enough? He was a failure on a better team in the east...Get him out!

He was a halfway decent micro ball center (like Houston started playing with Harden pre COVID). It may be a way to hide him, if we somehow trade LMA and go micro ball.

MaNu4Tres
08-14-2020, 06:17 AM
There is no way DeMar opts in with teams like the Knicks/Magic willing to offer him 4/100-120.

DeMar played himself into a lucrative market this summer if he wants to opt out. He will be the most attractive UFA this summer, or one of the best. There is no way he jeopardizes this opportunity by opting in and pushing FA back another year when injuries/regression can factor into lessening his value and money.

If Spurs want to keep him, it will take them matching what Knicks/Magic or any other team offer.

Mal
08-14-2020, 06:47 AM
Good info. Bubble results were encouraging, so let see this roster next year.

RC_Drunkford
08-14-2020, 07:04 AM
Spurs will resign DeRozan for 3-years and make sure their cap space is fucked until 2024. Remember they also supposedly had cap space once the Tony Parker contract came off the books and then gave that money to Pau Gasol and 50 Mills

TDomination
08-14-2020, 11:20 AM
Would've been nice to give DeRozan a fair shot by letting him play alongside the perimeter guys he played with in the bubble for a whole season. I think the team gets into the playoffs easily, the future looks just as bright, and extending him becomes an easier decision to make.

I also think spurfan wouldn't be as harsh on him. Not even Nephew himself couldve won with Forms, Beli, and Wombat dragging him down.

I'm pretty sure the 7 games DDR played in the bubble were much more enjoyable then the pre-covid part of this season. He just looked a lot better. Not talking about stats, just the way he played. I actually wanted the ball in his hands at the end of these games.

But with that said, not sure how well he would mesh with LMA.
If we had to choose 1 of the 2 who would we keep, LMA or DDR? I think i'd go with DDR only because of age. LMA has helped us make the playoffs as the main guy but DDR with the bubble players excels a lot more than with Forbes and Mills next to him. We'll see what kind of team the Spurs can put together.