PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Why Is NBA Afraid Of Letting Boban Be GOAT?

Spurtacular
08-19-2020, 11:47 PM
Boban was 6-8 and dominating in a playoff game, but he's only allowed 13 minutes?

Dude's minutes per 36 min are generally ungodly (23-15 career with season by season stats mirroring these numbers).

His potential for averaging 30-20 is through the roof.

There are no holes in this guys game besides some lack of lateral defensive quickness; and that can be mitigated with proper team defensive awareness.

Why does no coach in this league have the balls to let the man be the all star he clearly is?

horseshue
08-20-2020, 01:22 AM
Because no.

DAF86
08-20-2020, 02:06 AM
Boban was 6-8 and dominating in a playoff game, but he's only allowed 13 minutes?

Dude's minutes per 36 min are generally ungodly (23-15 career with season by season stats mirroring these numbers).

His potential for averaging 30-20 is through the roof.

There are no holes in this guys game besides some lack of lateral defensive quickness; and that can be mitigated with proper team defensive awareness.

Why does no coach in this league have the balls to let the man be the all star he clearly is?

Boban in small doses is great. Boban with extended minutes becomes a defensive liability that opposing teams learn to exploit. That's why he's with his coach number I don't know how many on the NBA and they all did the same. Do you think that if coaches thought that playing Boban extended minutes would make them win, they wouldn't? Why would they go against their own interests?

Spurtacular
08-20-2020, 05:27 AM
Boban in small doses is great. Boban with extended minutes becomes a defensive liability that opposing teams learn to exploit. That's why he's with his coach number I don't know how many on the NBA and they all did the same. Do you think that if coaches thought that playing Boban extended minutes would make them win, they wouldn't? Why would they go against their own interests?

That's nonsense robot speak. I've seen teams have no answer for this guy. Give him the rock and he'll put up 40's and 50's.

Play Boban
08-20-2020, 09:30 AM
I think it might be racism tbh. There is no other explanation behind why he doesn’t get minutes.

MultiTroll
08-20-2020, 09:44 AM
No. http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/year/2018/position/9

1. Craig Popplevich. Self explanatory, plus 'Bob's was a rookie that year. Still no excuse, none for stiffing 'Bobs in the playoffs.
2. Doc Rivers. Only slightly higher BBIQ then Popped. Instead of Pet Bryn, Pet Austin.
3. Stan Van Gundy.
4. Philly dude who is about to be run in 4 by Boston. With an obviously injured Embiid he refused to release the Boban in a close, low scoring playoff Game 7. You saw the results.

DAF86
08-20-2020, 09:46 AM
No. http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/year/2018/position/9

1. Craig Popplevich. Self explanatory, plus 'Bob's was a rookie that year. Still no excuse, none for stiffing 'Bobs in the playoffs.
2. Doc Rivers. Only slightly higher BBIQ then Popped. Instead of Pet Bryn, Pet Austin.
3. Stan Van Gundy.
4. Philly dude who is about to be run in 4 by Boston. With an obviously injured Embiid he refused to release the Boban in a close, low scoring playoff Game 7. You saw the results.

And now Jim Carrey

MultiTroll
08-20-2020, 09:54 AM
And now Jim Carrey
Exactly.
'Bobs doing 13/9 on 70% shooting in only 10 minutes last night.

We'll see if Carrey joins the other losers.

Darth_Pelican
08-20-2020, 10:38 AM
Boban tracker

Play Boban
08-20-2020, 11:09 AM
It is frustrating he could’ve been a hall of famer back when the nba was real and tough

Arcadian
08-20-2020, 12:35 PM
He's a giant with a soft touch and intelligence. One of my favorite players. I'm not gonna claim to be an expert who knows more than actual NBA coaches, but my inclination is that he should play more.

Dirks_Finale
08-20-2020, 05:47 PM
Wish he was given more a chance. I get why they don't play him much but his efficiency is off the charts so there's really no excuse for DNP's (Coaching decision) with him.

Spurtacular
08-20-2020, 05:51 PM
I think it might be racism tbh. There is no other explanation behind why he doesn’t get minutes.

Absolutely. Boban is a better version of Embiid.

MultiTroll
08-20-2020, 06:30 PM
We were going to see a lot more of Boban in Feb 2019 when Embiid was going to be out for a while. Like a month.

'Bobs was getting 20-25 minutes a game with the plan to be ongoing. He continued to light it up. New Orleans player gave what i thought was a total cheap shot and that put an end to what would have been probably at least 10 games of 20-30 minutes a game.

Playoffs 2019 1st round he got an ok 15 min per game and of course responded as usual.
Vs Toronto he got pretty much chained to the bench including Game 7 where Kwa Leonards greasy 3 bounce trey fell in for the win.