PDA

View Full Version : Kuzma?

smush
08-20-2020, 05:00 AM
If the lakers lose I think they will blow it up. Would they do derozan for kuzma and Danny green? We help demar and get a better fit at the 4. Danny drops off the payroll next summer and kuzma will be restricted next summer. Pop likes him from USA basketball.

Dejounte
08-20-2020, 05:54 AM
It's only one loss. The NBA is just trying to make this look exciting. I expect either four straight wins from the Lakers from now on or it will go seven games for the ratings, with the seventh game having rigged officiating in favor of the Fakers.

MultiTroll
08-20-2020, 07:15 AM
No and no.

RC_Drunkford
08-20-2020, 08:27 AM
Kuzma and Danny are washed up. I don't want them nowhere near this team

r0drig0lac
08-20-2020, 08:42 AM
so we want the guy who said he wouldn't play in San Antonio? ok

Russ
08-20-2020, 08:56 AM
Kuzma is not good.

We know that because he was the one draftee that the dumbest (literally) outfit in the NBA (the Lakers) kept.

As a result of those really bad moves, the Lakers now have very little present and absolutely no future.

And Kuzma remains a stiff.

cd98
08-20-2020, 09:24 AM
DeRozan and Lebron both need the ball in their hands to be effective. How likely is it that DeRozen will ever touch the ball in LA?

exstatic
08-20-2020, 09:46 AM
Kuzma is a show pony. He’s just the latest in a long line of over hyped Laker draftees. Wonder what Devean George and Ruben Patterson are doing these days....

Dex
08-20-2020, 10:07 AM
Kuzma and Danny are washed up. I don't want them nowhere near this team

Agreed. As much as losing Danny sucked, we all agreed he was fading and he's only gotten worse in the last couple years. Maybe it was good to avoid having to throw a big contract at him.

I've never been high on Kuzma. Laker fans liked talking him up when they were trying to use him as a trade chip for Kawhi, AD, etc...and they have all quickly turned on him now that they got their two superstars.

Seems like the kind of guy who will put up one good game, and then put up 3 stinkers. I'd rather have Rudy if that's what we are looking for :lol

Seventyniner
08-20-2020, 10:12 AM
DeRozan and Lebron both need the ball in their hands to be effective. How likely is it that DeRozen will ever touch the ball in LA?

You never know what owner or GM is going to prioritize a player's name and raw scoring numbers over efficiency and fit. All it takes is one. One that has sufficient assets to send back, that is.

Think of how Boston bent the Nets over in the KG/Pierce trade, then dial it back some. That's what the Spurs could try for.

The Lakers don't have any assets to trade, though. They gave up a king's ransom to get AD and can't trade away any firsts earlier than 2026 or so iirc. For a deal like this the Knicks are a better target imo. Maybe the Nets, Pistons, or Cavs too.

offset formation
08-20-2020, 10:14 AM
so we want the guy who said he wouldn't play in San Antonio? ok

Kuz or Green coming back?

Leetonidas
08-20-2020, 10:15 AM
Green is washed and Kuzma is garbage. If you can't score with LBJ passing it to you then you're trash lol. Kuzma is basically old Melo now without being able to hit clutch shots. Spurs could get a better return for Derozan imo

smush
08-20-2020, 10:19 AM
You never know what owner or GM is going to prioritize a player's name and raw scoring numbers over efficiency and fit. All it takes is one. One that has sufficient assets to send back, that is.

Think of how Boston bent the Nets over in the KG/Pierce trade, then dial it back some. That's what the Spurs could try for.

The Lakers don't have any assets to trade, though. They gave up a king's ransom to get AD and can't trade away any firsts earlier than 2026 or so iirc. For a deal like this the Knicks are a better target imo. Maybe the Nets, Pistons, or Cavs too.

Kevin love?

SpurSpike
08-20-2020, 10:42 AM
The Lakers aren't blowing the team up after this season win or lose. They will make some changes sure but they wont "blow it up". They already did that last year.

Also if i remember correctly the Spurs were very high on Kuzma and wanted to draft him before the Lakers took him a few slots ahead of the Spurs. He is a solid player and i think he would have become an even better player in a place that could have helped develop his skills but he is already 25, might be too late for teaching especially since he has been on the Lakers (a place were ego's are inflated) his whole career.

TimDunkem
08-20-2020, 10:49 AM
Spurstalk sure does love scrubs.

tmtcsc
08-20-2020, 10:53 AM
Danny Green is absolutely finished. He was finished when he was here & the Spurs couldn't wait to get rid of him. Never mind what you hear or read from Comrade Popovich & his bloviating and slurping of players. He did some things well and made a nice career for himself but he's finished. Kuzma? Yeah, I don't know if I do that. Plays and looks like a sissy tbh.

Mugen
08-20-2020, 12:32 PM
Fuck that piece of shit. A loser on the court and off it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-20-2020, 12:40 PM
If the lakers lose I think they will blow it up. Would they do derozan for kuzma and Danny green? We help demar and get a better fit at the 4. Danny drops off the payroll next summer and kuzma will be restricted next summer. Pop likes him from USA basketball.

Yeah...

I'd rather keep DeRozan, tbpfh.

KobesAchilles
08-20-2020, 12:45 PM
Kuzma? What is Jordan Clarkson not available :lmao

Ocotillo
08-20-2020, 01:26 PM
I don't want Kuz but LA might be a good fit for Dejounte if the Spurs did want to move on from him (doubtful). I don't know what is in the cupboard at LA that would be worth taking back.

exstatic
08-20-2020, 01:32 PM
I don't want Kuz but LA might be a good fit for Dejounte if the Spurs did want to move on from him (doubtful). I don't know what is in the cupboard at LA that would be worth taking back.

Nothing. They stripped the cupboard bare to get AD.

R. DeMurre
08-20-2020, 02:43 PM
Kuzma is an advanced stats disaster. His VORP and BPM have gone down in each of his three years in the league, which is really rare.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kuzmaky01.html

BatManu20
08-20-2020, 03:07 PM
Fuck that piece of shit. A loser on the court and off it.

spurspl
08-20-2020, 03:11 PM
dont bring kardashians curse to san antonio plz

Dejounte
08-24-2020, 09:35 PM
It's only one loss. The NBA is just trying to make this look exciting. I expect either four straight wins from the Lakers from now on or it will go seven games for the ratings, with the seventh game having rigged officiating in favor of the Fakers.

Fucking called it. Lmfao

Kurgan
08-25-2020, 06:14 AM
Kuzma is garbage. His entire reputation is built on stat-padding on bad Laker teams. If he was drafted by any other franchise no one would give a shit about him.

Chucho
08-25-2020, 10:15 AM
Why would a team that just spent a decade in the cellar, that is in Hollywood, blow up a team that was the Number 1 seed?

ZeusWillJudge
08-25-2020, 10:56 AM
Somebody above said Kuzma is "washed up"? After 3 years in the league? :lol His numbers took a dip this year, with the addition of Bron and AD. That would have happened to nearly anybody in the league, with those two showing up. His per-36 numbers stayed pretty close to what they had been.

The Lakers said that Kuzma was the one player who was off limits back when there was talk of them trading for Kawhi. I can understand Kuzma wanting to stay in LA and play with LeBron vs. coming to SA's busted-ass roster. But Kuzma was slobbering all over Pop when he was playing for Team USA.

Kuzma is a great value at his current salary. He will be a terrible value at what he's going to get when his rookie deal is up. Because he's on a cheap rookie deal, the Lakers would demand way too much to sweeten any deal, so there's no real chance worth talking about. But put him on next year's Spurs roster at the $3.5M he's going to get paid, and everyone here would love to have him. Everyone.

exstatic
08-25-2020, 11:43 AM
Why would a team that just spent a decade in the cellar, that is in Hollywood, blow up a team that was the Number 1 seed?

Because AD has proven that he can’t do it alone, and LeBron is 35, with the NBA mileage of a 40 YO.

phxspurfan
08-25-2020, 03:33 PM
lol Kuz sucks when anybody depends on him

TheCerebral1
08-25-2020, 08:45 PM
He was overrated two years ago, and now he's definitely not worth acquiring.

FutureMan
08-25-2020, 11:34 PM
Maybe if the Lakers included their pick this year and a future 2nd. Maybe.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-01-2020, 04:30 PM
Danny Green 2.0, with no defensive prowess. Maybe Pop could tell him to fvck off a bunch, which at least would be entertaining to watch.

smush
11-12-2020, 05:22 PM
Bump!! I called it!

alpha_HaZE
11-13-2020, 03:40 AM
Bump!! I called it!

LOL you were HORRIBLY wrong in your call about Lakers losing and blowing the team up! I would want multiple first round picks in the next few years to even condider that trade. Danny would easily take role of Patty Mills in terms of promoting the Spurs cultire and mentoring the young guys, which is why they are rumored to trade Patty? I am not sure, and I can see Kuz developing into an All-Star, but I doubt he is worth the money he wants to get paid.