PDA

View Full Version : Ben Affleck back as Batman

lefty
08-20-2020, 03:01 PM
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_flash/the-flash-ben-affleck-is-officially-returning-as-batman-in-the-2022-movie-a177701

https://media0.giphy.com/media/dYZuqJLDVsWMLWyIxJ/200.gif

lefty
08-20-2020, 03:05 PM
He won't have a lot of screentime but hopefully that leaves the door open for an evantual standalone Batfleck movie

Trainwreck2100
08-20-2020, 04:03 PM
so it's just straight flashpoint where barry delivers him his father's letter

lefty
08-20-2020, 07:08 PM
And apparently they are adding Keaton

https://twitter.com/nme/status/1296561140844109831?s=21

lefty20
08-20-2020, 07:41 PM
So we've got Twilight, Affleck and Keaton all playing DCEU Batman?

I'm interested to find out how they are gonna use Flashpoint to make sense of this.

ChumpDumper
08-20-2020, 07:57 PM
So we've got Twilight, Affleck and Keaton all playing DCEU Batman?

I'm interested to find out how they are gonna use Flashpoint to make sense of this.Keaton is playing Thomas Wayne; should've saved him for Bruce in a Batman Beyond adaptation.

Is Pattinson's Batman even DECU? They could be doing a whole new universe with him and maybe even Joaquin. They have multiple continuities going on in TV and Animation so Flash could just run through a bunch of dimensions seeing characters such as Pattman like they did on the TV Crisis adaptation.

Spurtacular
08-20-2020, 09:14 PM
Shit burger, tbh.

lefty20
08-21-2020, 04:26 PM
Keaton is playing Thomas Wayne; should've saved him for Bruce in a Batman Beyond adaptation.

Is Pattinson's Batman even DECU? They could be doing a whole new universe with him and maybe even Joaquin. They have multiple continuities going on in TV and Animation so Flash could just run through a bunch of dimensions seeing characters such as Pattman like they did on the TV Crisis adaptation.

I think they have to make Pattinson DCEU cannon. Unless they are planning on doing a JL 2 without Batman, because Batfeck is simply gonna be too old for such a physical role. This really goes back to WB's incredible fuck up of deciding to launch their universe with an older Batman. Thinking long-term it made no sense, which is obviously explains why WB thought it was a good idea.

But thankfully they've got a shot of making things right with Flashpoint. I'm sure they can find a reasonable way to explain the transition from Batfleck to Pattinson within the frame of story. This will allow WB to keep him long enough to play out an entire story line like MCU did with RDJ and Evans.

I'm just hoping Pattinson can pull of playing the caped crusader. I've heard that he's come a long, long way since Twilight and that he's had some incredible performances in smaller roles.

ChumpDumper
08-21-2020, 04:58 PM
I think they have to make Pattinson DCEU cannon. Unless they are planning on doing a JL 2 without Batman, because Batfeck is simply gonna be too old for such a physical role. This really goes back to WB's incredible fuck up of deciding to launch their universe with an older Batman. Thinking long-term it made no sense, which is obviously explains why WB thought it was a good idea.

But thankfully they've got a shot of making things right with Flashpoint. I'm sure they can find a reasonable way to explain the transition from Batfleck to Pattinson within the frame of story. This will allow WB to keep him long enough to play out an entire story line like MCU did with RDJ and Evans.

I'm just hoping Pattinson can pull of playing the caped crusader. I've heard that he's come a long, long way since Twilight and that he's had some incredible performances in smaller roles.I guess I'll watch that lighthouse movie to see. DC's casting has not been bad honestly.

Old Batman kind of makes sense for what they did. They could've gotten a good ten years out him and transition to a Grayson or later McGuiness character. Rushing Justice League was the huge blunder. Wonder Woman and Aquaman were pretty enormous hits so it would've been just fine to hold of on JL and maybe even get The Flash in beforehand (though Flashpoint should be reserved for universe reboots). Then they could've figured out if a standalone Batfleck movie would be worth it or just have him show up in other movies to run out his string in a connected universe.

It looks like Warner figured they suck at an expanded movie universe so they're barely going to try going forward. Some pairings could make sense like having Superman get his ass kicked by Black Adam before Billy saves him. Flashpoint will be a disappointment to nerds because it is going to be pretty limited in scope when it should end a phase of movies and make a logical universe reboot. At best it could reboot Batman but it would have to be very different from the comics and shoehorning three Batmen in one movie would be laughable.

lefty
08-22-2020, 07:49 PM
Just saw an official concept art with Flash with Keaton’s Batman

Trainwreck2100
01-04-2022, 11:56 PM
:lol spoiler alert for the flash movie but don't worry I'm saving you $12

Flashpoint absolutely retcons Snyderverse, Cavill and Affleck are done, and Supergirl and Batgirl are replacing them in the Justice League. In fact it looks like they're doing Batman Beyond with Batgirl (Keaton is old man bruce) instead of McGinnis so we're losing 2 generations of comic batman. :lol WB you stupid fucks

Reck
01-05-2022, 03:51 AM

Flashpoint absolutely retcons Snyderverse, Cavill and Affleck are done, and Supergirl and Batgirl are replacing them in the Justice League. In fact it looks like they're doing Batman Beyond with Batgirl (Keaton is old man bruce) instead of McGinnis so we're losing 2 generations of comic batman. :lol WB you stupid fucks

Umm no. Unless it happens in the comics, hollywood movies dont have the power to retcon. At least in my mind anyway. It's just one offs to entertain the shitheads who dont care about lore.

Trainwreck2100
01-05-2022, 04:14 AM
Umm no. Unless it happens in the comics, hollywood movies dont have the power to retcon. At least in my mind anyway. It's just one offs to entertain the shitheads who dont care about lore.

flashpoint is doing what flashpoint did in the comics the old universe happened, but it only happened to the flash. He's basically old Spock from the Star Trek reboot, he is the only on that exists in both lines

Texas_Ranger
01-05-2022, 10:34 AM
has anyone actually hopes for the DCEU? It went to shit right after the second film. Id rather watch Batman&Robin than any of the DCEU movies.

leemajors
01-05-2022, 11:04 AM
has anyone actually hopes for the DCEU? It went to shit right after the second film. Id rather watch Batman&Robin than any of the DCEU movies.

I enjoyed the new Suicide Squad

SpursforSix
01-05-2022, 12:45 PM

No offense but you watch the shittiest movies. Movies that clearly shouldn't be on anyone's radar. So much to the point that it seems like a troll.

Texas_Ranger
01-05-2022, 12:55 PM
No offense but you watch the shittiest movies. Movies that clearly shouldn't be on anyone's radar. So much to the point that it seems like a troll.

lol, no... i actually watch more than enough good movies in a year. They are just not from Hollywood, that cant make more than 3 good films in a year.

SpursforSix
01-05-2022, 01:21 PM
lol, no... i actually watch more than enough good movies in a year. They are just not from Hollywood, that cant make more than 3 good films in a year.

yeah...maybe. It just seems like you'll watch some shit that you know you shouldn't have watched...Dolittle, Charlie's Angels, etc.

Although, now that I go back and look at your posts, I probably just remembered the really questionable ones.

Edit: that being said, for someone that gives Dolittle 3/10, you're really low (relative to Dolittle) on your ratings.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-05-2022, 02:02 PM

lolololololol so throwing the roles to the women TV actors??? LOL Those shows lick taint

That ezra miller dude weird AF too, yall ever see We Need To Talk about Kevin ??? Keep waiting for him to shit all over someone's lunch and give a sinister smile. He was funny in Snyder Cut but his own movie? Yikes.

Retconning DCEU away from itself is logical given how much an abortion it all was.

Snyder cut will end up being it's crowning achievement :lol

LaMarcus Bryant
01-05-2022, 02:03 PM
lmfao meanwhile Marvel is giving hot milfy Agatha her own show and even doing a boring ass Rambeux show :lol

Flashpoint absolutely retcons Snyderverse, Cavill and Affleck are done, and Supergirl and Batgirl are replacing them in the Justice League. In fact it looks like they're doing Batman Beyond with Batgirl (Keaton is old man bruce) instead of McGinnis so we're losing 2 generations of comic batman. :lol WB you stupid fucks[/QUOTE]

lolololololol so throwing the roles to the women TV actors??? LOL Those shows lick taint

That ezra miller dude weird AF too, yall ever see We Need To Talk about Kevin ??? Keep waiting for him to shit all over someone's lunch and give a sinister smile. He was funny in Snyder Cut but his own movie? Yikes.

Retconning DCEU away from itself is logical given how much an abortion it all was.

Trainwreck2100
01-05-2022, 02:22 PM

Yeah but straight up abandoning batman and superman, is fucking asinine. They're basically trying to keep these younger actors for at least a decade but it will blow up in their face just like trying to launch a DCEU with green lantern. All this stupid shit didn't need to happen but they already fucked up batman in batman vs superman for no reason. All that earning potential down the fucking tubes, and they still keep fucking up. That being said I hope my boy Feigi gets Cavill on the phone and offers him the role of Sentry, just to absolutely fuck with DC

Texas_Ranger
01-05-2022, 02:24 PM
yeah...maybe. It just seems like you'll watch some shit that you know you shouldn't have watched...Dolittle, Charlie's Angels, etc.

Although, now that I go back and look at your posts, I probably just remembered the really questionable ones.

Edit: that being said, for someone that gives Dolittle 3/10, you're really low (relative to Dolittle) on your ratings.

for those two, its not like i was goint to the cinema or really wanted to see them... they were just on HBO before i went to sleep, so i watched them... The only previous year rating i would probably change is Dune, which now after seeing it twice, id give a 7 and not a 6.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-06-2022, 08:22 AM
Yeah but straight up abandoning batman and superman, is fucking asinine. They're basically trying to keep these younger actors for at least a decade but it will blow up in their face just like trying to launch a DCEU with green lantern. All this stupid shit didn't need to happen but they already fucked up batman in batman vs superman for no reason. All that earning potential down the fucking tubes, and they still keep fucking up. That being said I hope my boy Feigi gets Cavill on the phone and offers him the role of Sentry, just to absolutely fuck with DC

How'd they fuck up Batman in BvS? I only saw it once at the movie theater when my dad and I were bored at home lol. I didn't mind Battfleck. Overall movie was paced and set up all janky af tho

Trainwreck2100
01-06-2022, 09:03 AM
How'd they fuck up Batman in BvS? I only saw it once at the movie theater when my dad and I were bored at home lol. I didn't mind Battfleck. Overall movie was paced and set up all janky af tho

Turned him into a sadistic murderer who brands people, for reasons. Lets himself get played by Lex Luthor because that's the reason the chose to make them fight, rather than just ending the fight like the dark knight returns set up where he tells superman "I beat you, and I could have killed you but I won't but just remember that I could." We're given that Martha bullshit.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-06-2022, 11:08 AM
Turned him into a sadistic murderer who brands people, for reasons. Lets himself get played by Lex Luthor because that's the reason the chose to make them fight, rather than just ending the fight like the dark knight returns set up where he tells superman "I beat you, and I could have killed you but I won't but just remember that I could." We're given that Martha bullshit.

Instead of branding I wish he had Kingpinned Eisenluthors head into a pulp so that putting him into any future DCEU movie would be impossible

Thread
01-07-2022, 06:44 AM
I see how Ben "Butman" Affleck is afforded a route back in to the club. This is the same SOB animal who would show up at cast parties and the like and shove his thumb up unsuspecting women's assholes. You see how that works...His agent..."just disappear for a while, we'll bring you back on the sly when they're dying of the COVID. You'll be back in the chips like this never happened."

BA: "Yep."

Fuckin' animal.

***And you notice how in this newest movie (title escapes me) his name DOES NOT appear in the commercial, nor mast head of the film. You wouldn't know it was him even by his character. This is a new BA, looks like Cliff Robertson/"moron" from "Charly" in '68.

Thanos
01-07-2022, 08:22 AM
It is funny how Damon & Affleck both knew the full extent of the Weinstein stuff (and actively covered it up for years), Matt recently admitted publicly to still using the word “faggot” (why he’d even volunteer that information in an interview is baffling), and Ben had to apologize for groping women, but neither of them faced any real consequences for this.

Ben faced a harsher public reaction for making Gigli than for covering up the actions of a monster :lol

LaMarcus Bryant
01-07-2022, 12:07 PM
It is funny how Damon & Affleck both knew the full extent of the Weinstein stuff (and actively covered it up for years), Matt recently admitted publicly to still using the word “faggot” (why he’d even volunteer that information in an interview is baffling), and Ben had to apologize for groping women, but neither of them faced any real consequences for this.

Ben faced a harsher public reaction for making Gigli than for covering up the actions of a monster :lol

Me Too and cancelling has always been open to interpretation in the public forum.
Public didn't care, therefore they suffer no consequences. Not too surprising, many others on that list.

Texas_Ranger
01-07-2022, 12:20 PM

Meh, pretty much all Hollywood knew what Weinstein was doing and no one gave a shit, until the metoo got popular. Girls didnt care about sucking his dick if they got the part or an award. Thats why 99% people in that industry are giant pieces of shit.

Trainwreck2100
01-07-2022, 12:32 PM
Me Too and cancelling has always been open to interpretation in the public forum.
Public didn't care, therefore they suffer no consequences. Not too surprising, many others on that list.

Was anyone surprised by it? Now instead of actresses who got the job because they're willing to put out we'll get worse actresses that have the job because they come from money

LaMarcus Bryant
01-07-2022, 02:40 PM
Was anyone surprised by it? Now instead of actresses who got the job because they're willing to put out we'll get worse actresses that have the job because they come from money

Lena Dunham times Beanie Felstein times Mara Rooney bull shit type actresses

DMC
01-09-2022, 02:45 AM
I thought at first the sheroes movement was about equality. I've come to realize it's about profit. The stars in these flicks command too much money to fall for the straight to HBO or Disney move, look what Scarlett did when they did that to her. Instead of replacing someone like Cavill with a relative no namer, they will put in a B list female and call it a diversity move. The weirdness of seeing a different person play a comic book hero is one thing, having them do it with current genre is quite another, so using a female instead at least keeps the studios from looking so petty when they just use another cheap nobody.

DMC
01-09-2022, 02:48 AM
I see how Ben "Butman" Affleck is afforded a route back in to the club. This is the same SOB animal who would show up at cast parties and the like and shove his thumb up unsuspecting women's assholes. You see how that works...His agent..."just disappear for a while, we'll bring you back on the sly when they're dying of the COVID. You'll be back in the chips like this never happened."

BA: "Yep."

Fuckin' animal.

***And you notice how in this newest movie (title escapes me) his name DOES NOT appear in the commercial, nor mast head of the film. You wouldn't know it was him even by his character. This is a new BA, looks like Cliff Robertson/"moron" from "Charly" in '68.

I'd bet his thumb is disgusting.

monosylab1k
07-22-2022, 08:08 AM
https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/19/23270229/zack-snyder-justice-league-bots-fandom

So of course, Zack Snyder is the guy who raised up a bot army to bully DC into releasing his crappy version of an already crappy movie. :lmao. After all that “the sjw movie cucks finally gave the fans what they wanted!” talk, it turns out nobody actually wanted it.

Seems like the entire drama surrounding the making of Justice League is infinitely more interesting of a story than anything that happens in whatever godawful version of the actual movie.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2022, 11:55 AM
https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/19/23270229/zack-snyder-justice-league-bots-fandom

So of course, Zack Snyder is the guy who raised up a bot army to bully DC into releasing his crappy version of an already crappy movie. :lmao. After all that “the sjw movie cucks finally gave the fans what they wanted!” talk, it turns out nobody actually wanted it.

Seems like the entire drama surrounding the making of Justice League is infinitely more interesting of a story than anything that happens in whatever godawful version of the actual movie.I can't take the Warner suits' side on anything. This is pretty funny tbh.

lefty20
08-02-2022, 08:41 PM
DC/WB eating a 70-100 mill loss on Batgirl cuz of bad test screening.

DC/WB going ahead with Flashpoint despite Ezra doing some crazy shit.

Bold move cotton...