PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Bubble fatigue?

DC23
08-20-2020, 03:08 PM
Not sure if this a real thing or just my imagination but playing every game on the same court, with no travel, no fans, stuck in this same environment. I wonder if it takes a toll on the players and lessens the intensity of the games as the playoffs go on.

Dex
08-20-2020, 05:06 PM
I don't think fatigue is the right word. In fact, the lack of travel, prep, distractions, etc...probably makes for an even playing field.

I do think it will affect the mentality of the players though. In a normal series, if a lower seed loses the first two games, they think "Ok, we get to go home and play in our building and in front of our fans now". Home court advantage is a real thing.

I feel like being down 0-2 in the bubble is more daunting than it normally would be.

Dirks_Finale
08-20-2020, 06:26 PM
IDK, I'm still trying to figure if this is going to be considered a legitimate title...or ...maybe it's even more legitimate than a non-bubble title considering the circumstances.

Spurtacular
08-21-2020, 06:26 AM
Just call out the hoax for what it is and return to their home arenas and the fans, tbh.

Fuck the Democrats' temper tantrum.

hater
08-21-2020, 07:17 AM
Are they playing 7 game series or what?

If yes then I agree :lol

i'm_still_beta
08-21-2020, 08:50 AM
Doubt it. It's easy to play on the same court and conditions. These sissies don't play on different types of courts like tennis players (clay, grass, hard) or weather conditions (rain, snow, heat) like NFL players

JamStone
08-21-2020, 09:50 AM
Takes a toll? Five star hotel accommodations, catered gourmet food, top end medical resources, no exhaustion from cross country travel in the middle of the night. They’re basically on vacation. I’m sure it’s emotionally tough to be away from family and being isolated from the world. But even that is not the same as being away from family even just say 10 years ago, now that you can FaceTime your wife and kids multiple times a day. I’m sure it’s different not having live fans and all the normal sounds of the game. But if that’s impacting performance, intensity, and level of effort, then those players are mentally weak pussies.

You want greatness, it requires some sacrifice. This is just a different set of sacrifices than normal. And realistically, the sacrifices are not that terrible. They don’t get sympathy. They don’t get a pass for shitty play.

Kyle_Kuzma
08-21-2020, 01:20 PM
Takes a toll? Five star hotel accommodations, catered gourmet food, top end medical resources, no exhaustion from cross country travel in the middle of the night. They’re basically on vacation. I’m sure it’s emotionally tough to be away from family and being isolated from the world. But even that is not the same as being away from family even just say 10 years ago, now that you can FaceTime your wife and kids multiple times a day. I’m sure it’s different not having live fans and all the normal sounds of the game. But if that’s impacting performance, intensity, and level of effort, then those players are mentally weak pussies.

You want greatness, it requires some sacrifice. This is just a different set of sacrifices than normal. And realistically, the sacrifices are not that terrible. They don’t get sympathy. They don’t get a pass for shitty play.

there’s no pussy in the bubble. an average joe like you thinks vacation, but for these millionaire boys club, this a penitentiary.

fuck all that

this gonna be the toughest championship in the record books.

no home court advantage. no other distractions

a true ballers league

no asterisks here unlike that 99 season

Kyle_Kuzma
08-21-2020, 01:22 PM
Not sure if this a real thing or just my imagination but playing every game on the same court, with no travel, no fans, stuck in this same environment. I wonder if it takes a toll on the players and lessens the intensity of the games as the playoffs go on.

major props to them.

i was thinking they gonna half ass it but these games are ultra competitive and no one is raising the white flag for a quick ticket back home.

respect to everyone , except that bust lonzo and his fat running mate

baseline bum
08-21-2020, 02:02 PM
there’s no pussy in the bubble. an average joe like you thinks vacation, but for these millionaire boys club, this a penitentiary.

Probably why scoring is up so much, no more chasing bitches at the club the night before a game so everyone can be focused on the games.

JamStone
08-21-2020, 02:25 PM

fuck all that

this gonna be the toughest championship

Yes, it’s exactly like a penitentiary.... except it’s NOT a penitentiary. It’s a five star hotel, gourmet food, and world class amenities. Cry me a river.

Lmao a penitentiary.

Neo.
08-21-2020, 02:32 PM
id say the "issue" is less sex and weed

Dirks_Finale
08-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Probably why scoring is up so much, no more chasing bitches at the club the night before a game so everyone can be focused on the games.

:lol

DMC
08-22-2020, 10:04 AM

I hope so. I hope they all fizzle out an the Finals are a shit show of 3pt attempts and mailing it in.

DMC
08-22-2020, 10:08 AM

fuck all that

this gonna be the toughest championship in the record books.

no home court advantage. no other distractions

a true ballers league

no asterisks here unlike that 99 season
As long as Kobe doesn't ring

Rummpd
08-24-2020, 04:54 PM
Lakers win there is an asterisk - note near record FT discrepancy last game as opening NBA gambit in desire to crown them to honor the mamba....and build James over-hyped legend.

Medvedenko
08-25-2020, 05:28 PM
Lakers win there is an asterisk - note near record FT discrepancy last game as opening NBA gambit in desire to crown them to honor the mamba....and build James over-hyped legend.

Did you watch the game? Probably not, go back upstairs and play some more sax.

endrity
08-26-2020, 05:15 AM
If anything, the players seem in perfect shape and scores have exploded.

I know in Europe there is a discussion among fans preferring the "bubble" format for the final Champions League games. Straight elimination seemed to produce higher tension and more upsets, which are welcome in a game that has become dominated by a few superclubs. But I also thought the lack of travel helped teams be in a better shape than I expected, though the whole tournament lasted less than two weeks.

I wonder if there will be similar calls for the NBA to move the playoffs or maybe the Finals to a neutral destination as well, where players can be totally rested.

Raven
08-26-2020, 10:12 AM
obviously it's not worth anything, so why even bother

dbreiden83080
08-26-2020, 07:09 PM
Tough life hanging at Disney World all this time.
5 Star hotels
Daily Rubdowns..

Where Do I sign up?

dbreiden83080
08-26-2020, 07:13 PM

That's NOT how Millennials think.. They expect greatness to be handed to them.. "I want it NOW, and I want it to be Easy"...

Kyle_Kuzma
08-27-2020, 09:22 AM
like i said, no pussy.

this what’s gonna make this bubble pop:lmao

lefty
08-27-2020, 10:19 AM
That's NOT how Millennials think.. They expect greatness to be handed to them.. "I want it NOW, and I want it to be Easy"...
Ok boomer