PDA

View Full Version : Why Rasho over Kandi???

CosmicCowboyXXX
07-14-2003, 10:59 AM
whats the dealio here?

what does Pop and RC (and the rest of the GM's in the league) know that we don't know?

why isn't Kandi getting any love?

as an amateur wanna be GM it seems that Kandi=Rasho now and has a lot more upside in our system...

he could also go for less money allowing us to make an offer for someone like Odom...If Sterling matches Maggette's offer and Brand signs his offer forcing Sterling to match then Sterling may let Odom walk...

I would consider that a very successful offseason if we could somehow snag both on 3 year contracts...

I would sure hate to see the Spurs match the TWolves offer for Rasho...too much for too long...

MannyIsGod
07-14-2003, 11:12 AM
don't know how the **** this ended up here, but i'm off to move it

CosmicCowboyXXX
07-14-2003, 11:18 AM
????

adonis50
07-14-2003, 11:20 AM
Nesto's #s: Foyle's #s:
MPG 30.4 21.8
FG% 52.5 53.6
FT% 64.2 67.3
RPG 6.5 6
APG 1.5 .5
SPG .5 .5
BPG 1.5 2.5
PPG 11.2 5.4
Why Rasho over Foyle? :rollin
Rasho at 7-8M it would be a disgrace.
As for Kandi, he matches up well with Shaq, but other than that :smokin2

kohai
07-14-2003, 11:21 AM
Hard to talk about "upside" at 27, almost 28 years, CC. Kandi has more talent, but guys with unrealized talent flush out of this league every year. Rasho is probably more fundamentally sound. Pop may have also gotten a vibe that Rasho actually wants to fucking COME here[ instead of using us to play his team, or another FA suitor. He is said to be dissatisfied with Minny, and looking to move.

CosmicCowboyXXX
07-14-2003, 11:25 AM
hmmm...we talk about Tim all the time "just going into his prime" @ 28...and NBA centers normally are notoriously slow to develop anyway, but especially when you consider that Kandi didn't have much college time and then got drafted by the god forsaken Clippers...

kohai
07-14-2003, 11:28 AM
CC - I agree about Tim's Prime, but you don't hear too many people talking about his "upside" now, do you? Two different things in my book.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Nesterovic fits in more with the type of team that Pop is trying to build now. For years we have been spoiled by David Robinson. Now he's retired. Time to move on. The key for the Spurs is adding a consistent perimeter scorer. I have no problem with Nesterovic as long as Rose is on this team and Nesterovic is counted on being the 4th or 5th best starter. You can't have an all-star at every spot.

I'd want to see the Spurs get Arenas and Odom instead of them blowing money on Nesterovic or Olowokandi. But we all know that is unlikely.

What's clear is that Pop likes Nesterovic's offensive skills. As much as we fret about Nesterovic's D, Olowokandi's O is atrocious. I'd hate to see TD give up the rock to Kandi 15 feet from the hole and count on him to do something. Ugh.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 11:33 AM
As I've articulated about a dozen times now, the front office is enamored by Nesterovic's face-up offense and his 10-15 foot jumper. They feel he'd give us the size and offensive skill set of Robinson.

Unfortunately, Nesterovic also shares Robinson's passive-aggressive playing style.

I am happy to read today that the Spurs are not going to get in a bidding war for Nesterovic.

Figure out something for Brand, Spurs.

If not look at Olowokandi for krissakes.

Odom and Arenas seems too unrealistic at this point.

:cooldevil

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 11:41 AM
And Olowokandi is a fearless warrior? Get real. How you think DRob never played hard I have no fing idea. I guess he didn't scream often, scowl, point to his curled biceps, and sport body art or whatever.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 11:45 AM
:rolleyes

Who said Robinson never played hard?

I said he played passive-aggressive, just like Nesterovic. That's fair.

Olowokandi will give you better numbers than Robinson did last year. Guaranteed.

The Spurs may not have any choice but to look at Olowokandi, MB. Get used to him.

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Who said Robinson never played hard?

Well,

I said he played passive-aggressive, just like Nesterovic. That's fair.

you did.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Look up "passive-aggressive" and come back to me.

Nesterovic is not the type of player that you know for 48 minutes his head is in the game and he's trying his best. it's not that apparent. If you're into that, be my guest.

scott
07-14-2003, 11:55 AM
One is passive-aggressive, and the other is just lazy. And we are arguing which one to get...

Marcus Bryant
07-14-2003, 11:55 AM
:lol

Next.

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 11:59 AM
:lol

Do you two jabronis have any better suggestions than Nesterovic or Olowokandi?

... because I am running out of realistic options. :(

MannyIsGod
07-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Dale Davis might be one, but the dude is really fucking old now isn't he? I dont know whats going down, but I'm almost positive its Nesterostiff unless he says no, which would piss me offon principle.

WhiteChocolateJr
07-14-2003, 03:23 PM
Rasho over Kandi comes down to Price vs. Production.

Olo is more athletically and genetically gifted where Nesterovic puts forth actual EFFORT on the court.

In a frontline where KG dominated the boards and the paint, Rasho managed to pull a respectable- though not great- number of rebounds.

Kandi was THE MAN in the paint, with Elton Brand out a good chunk o' the season.

Answer this:

Do you want consistency night-in night-out, or do you want a superstar-level performance every sixth game?

...and that's why Rasho is fielding calls from teams around the league while Kandi is playing X-Box talking about how he'll spend those MAX dollars he's waiting for.

Rick Von Braun
07-14-2003, 03:33 PM
I found this on another site. Credit to VoraciousWolf.

What does Pop see in this guy that nobody else does?

I really don't know. He will bring little to the Spurs other than an outside jumpshot. Let's look at some of the negatives:

* 7'0" 248, he's fairly weak and skinny for 27. I wouldn't expect him to get any stronger.

* Only a 64% freethrow shooter last year, his best percentage ever.

* Only averaged 6.5 rebounds per game in a little over 30 minutes...at seven feet tall.

* Plays horribly in the playoffs, gets more fouls, rebounds less, blocks less, shoots worse.

* After his 5th season in the NBA he's still only an 11 and 6 guy.

* His career high in points is 24

And weigh that against the positives:

* He can hit the outside jumper (but not the three)

* He's a halfway decent shotblocker (1.5 per game)

-R

Archie
07-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Why Rasho over Kandi???

Because Olowokandi is a lazy uncoordinated goof who would screw up the Spurs cap for the next 6 years if they signed him.

Thankfully Pop & RC feel the same way apparently.

klubyreturns
07-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Um...Archie, you might want to try thinking before speaking. :rolleyes

Archie
07-14-2003, 03:56 PM
'scuse me?

klubyreturns
07-14-2003, 03:58 PM
You can be so damned unmannerly at times. You need to try putting on that thinking cap that mother nature gave you and start using it. :rolleyes

Archie
07-14-2003, 04:00 PM
Go back to the playground. It's recess for you.

klubyreturns
07-14-2003, 04:07 PM
STFU! :spam

CosmicCowboyXXX
07-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Kluby, you might want to loan Ghost your backpatter...this summer is turning out even worse than he predicted...

Ghost Writer
07-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Perhaps with Kerr and Ferry nearing retirement, the Spurs feel they have to round out their token white guy quota.

Olowokandi > Nesterovic