PDA

View Full Version : TO signs with the Cowboys

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Not really. But it would be pretty cool if he did

Mr. Peabody
11-08-2005, 11:28 AM

Parcells would never put up with his antics.
________
The Legend Condominium Cosy Beach (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Why? So he could slam Drew Bledsoe in the media, get in fistfights with Roy Williams, and turn half the team against Parcells?

Big Pimp_21
11-08-2005, 11:30 AM
wouldn't happen. He will go to Atlanta or Oakland, but not 'till March.

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 11:42 AM

antics? is that code for blackness?

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Do you think all black people act like T.O.?

Is Donovan McNabb a white dude?

Mr. Peabody
11-08-2005, 11:58 AM

That's it. I think Parcells would be intimidated by TO's blackness.
________
California Dispensary (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

McKenzie
11-08-2005, 12:02 PM

You don't have to be black to be an asshole.

The Tuna would never take him because he's a trouble maker. Jones would certainly never take him because of that stunt he pulled years ago on the Cowboy's Star.

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Does Oh, Gee think that self-absorption, narcissism, immaturity, inability to manage adult relationships, inability to work as part of a team, violently disruptive behavior, and backstabbing constitute blackness?

Beerjitsu
11-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Jones would certainly never take him because of that stunt he pulled years ago on the Cowboy's Star.

That right there insures that TO would never be a cowboy. There's no way in HELL the fans would ever accept him. And besides, Dallas already has one prima-donna with a habit of crying when he doesn't get the ball enough (allthough Key has behaved himself of late...I think the Tuna knows how to handle him)...I don't think they need another one.

/Edit. Allthough I'm sure his personal PR man, Michael Irvin, would love to see it.

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 12:09 PM
I forgive TO

Mr. Peabody
11-08-2005, 12:11 PM
That right there insures that TO would never be a cowboy. There's no way in HELL the fans would ever accept him. And besides, Dallas already has one prima-donna with a habit of crying when he doesn't get the ball enough (allthough Key has behaved himself of late...I think the Tuna knows how to handle him)...I don't think they need another one.

/Edit. Allthough I'm sure his personal PR man, Michael Irvin, would love to see it.

Spurs fans wanted Karl Malone on the team 2 years ago and that was after he knocked DRob out cold.
________
thai girl Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/asian-girls/)

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Spurs fans wanted Karl Malone on the team 2 years ago and that was after he knocked DRob out cold.But Karl Malone was a good teammate. He was the glue of the 2003-04 Lakers.

T.O. is the opposite of glue. Adding him to the Cowboys is no different than adding a lighted Molotov cocktail to your house.

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Keyshown came with the "trouble-maker" label as well. He's doing prettay, prettay good.

McKenzie
11-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Jones, Tuna and the fans would run TO out of town on a rail. Keyshawn would have a meltdown similar to a 3 year old having a tantrum in the toy aisle of Wally World. Repleat with throwing himself to the ground and shrieking. He won't play nice with another dog in the yard. I say find another WR who can work with the ever maturing Key. He's been doing great with Tuna. I'm proud of the growth. I wouldn't want to see him take a step backwards. Not for the likes of TO.

samikeyp
11-08-2005, 12:26 PM
oh HELL no.

Beerjitsu
11-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Keyshown came with the "trouble-maker" label as well. He's doing prettay, prettay good.

Keyshawn is a hothead and a malcontent, granted. But he's not a bad guy overall and can be handled...and Tuna knows how to do it (would YOU want to piss Parcells off?). TO is something else entirely...the term phsycopath comes to mind. I mean, this guy needs three or four shrinks. Until this guy gains some maturity somewhat beyond that of your average four year old I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. All his skills and ability aren't enough to counterbalance the chaos and drama he's going to inflict on your lockeroom the SECOND something doesn't go his way.

And, Michael Irvin, would you PLEASE get off TO's jock? It's starting to get a little sickening.

msufan420
11-08-2005, 12:33 PM
He's not going to the Cowboys...No way, no chance, no how. The most likely spot, IMO, is Atlanta. Where he resides, where he went to a preseason game, and where he actually said earlier this year that he would like to play for them.

Personally, I think it would be a bad fit since my grandmother is a better passer than Vick is.

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 12:39 PM
"...my grandmother is a better passer than Vick is."

That will be a quote from T.O.'s exclusive ESPN interview the first time the Falcons lose with him on the team.

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 12:41 PM
"...my grandmother is a better passer than Vick is."

That will be a quote from T.O.'s exclusive ESPN interview the first time the Falcons lose with him on the team.

that would be hilarious

Beerjitsu
11-08-2005, 12:45 PM
He's not going to the Cowboys...No way, no chance, no how. The most likely spot, IMO, is Atlanta. Where he resides, where he went to a preseason game, and where he actually said earlier this year that he would like to play for them.

Personally, I think it would be a bad fit since my grandmother is a better passer than Vick is.

My god, if he's going batshit playing with McNabb can you even IMAGINE the meltdown he'd have with Mr "run first, pass later...if ever" Vick?

Oh please PLEASE go to Atlanta TO! I'd PAY to watch the inevitable Krakatoa-ish eruption in the Falcon's locker room. Talk about some good reality TV...give me that over Survivor anyday :spin

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 12:48 PM
My god, if he's going batshit playing with McNabb can you even IMAGINE the meltdown he'd have with Mr "run first, pass later...if ever" Vick?

Oh please PLEASE go to Atlanta TO! I'd PAY to watch the inevitable Krakatoa-ish eruption in the Falcon's locker room. Talk about some good reality TV...give me that over Survivor anyday :spin
I'd pay good money to see Algie Crumpler piledrive T.O.'s head into a locker.

T.O. could then have an exclusive ESPN interview where he drools, rolls his eyes, and mutters, "Bleh...ugum...Vick...muhhhhh"

Horry For 3!
11-08-2005, 12:50 PM
wouldn't happen. He will go to Atlanta or Oakland, but not 'till March.
He won't be in Atlanta, he wanted to go there this year but Atlanta didn't want him.

Now Oakland, there is a chance for him there.

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Now Oakland, there is a chance for him there.
Randy Moss would like that.

Taco
11-08-2005, 12:54 PM

NOPE!!!

Dont want him!!!

Just like I did not want Malone with the Spurs

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 01:00 PM
I'd pay good money to see Algie Crumpler piledrive T.O.'s head into a locker.

T.O. could then have an exclusive ESPN interview where he drools, rolls his eyes, and mutters, "Bleh...ugum...Vick...muhhhhh"

Wouldn't happen. I'd say that TO could probably kick the ass of most NFL players. He schooled Hugh Douglas and had McNabb shitting his pants

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Wouldn't happen. I'd say that TO could probably kick the ass of most NFL players. He schooled Hugh Douglas and had McNabb shitting his pants
And yet you want that on the Cowboys. I don't understand.

If you're a Cowboys fan, I thought that meant you wanted them to win. I mean, if you're just looking to see a QB get the shit beat out of him, shouldn't you be a Texans fan?

Mr. Peabody
11-08-2005, 03:32 PM
You shouldn't post false headlines. People should have learned a lesson from the "Grant Hill Signs With Spurs" Fiasco in 2000.
________
Vaporite Temperature (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

George Gervin's Afro
11-08-2005, 04:39 PM
I would rather lose without him and than win with him..

McKenzie
11-08-2005, 07:45 PM

Vick is punk enough to level his ass in the locker room. I'd bet my VBookie bucks on that shit.

Beerjitsu
11-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Vick is punk enough to level his ass in the locker room. I'd bet my VBookie bucks on that shit.

Actually I'm really REALLY wishing he HAD gone to Baltimore right about now. I'm not a big Ray Lewis fan...but Lewis would have put up with this guy's act for about thirty seconds.

Al Michaels: "And we now go to the sidelines where, apparently, Ray Lewis is attempting to shove Terrel Owens' entire body into a Gatorade cooler..."

dmac
11-09-2005, 12:08 PM
I was worried that Keyshaun would be the same ol' pain in the a$$. But Parcells took care of that, and he would take care of TO as well. BTW Screw TO.

Sports Writer JJ
11-09-2005, 12:20 PM
The difference is that Keyshaun had played for Parcels before and respects him and his system.

TO does not respect anyone, He had the same issue in San Fran, Andy Reid thought he could control him, But TO only cares about TO, so the implosion is inevitable no matter who he goes to they will have the same problems.

TO will never again get a large signing bonus, or contracts with guarenteed money, and they will likely have clauses that have to do with TO's behavior.

TO will clean up his act where ever he lands next.

He has to, or he will be done in the NFL.

Horry For 3!
11-14-2005, 12:55 AM
There has been a lot of discussion that T.O. could sign with the Cowboys. They're fixing to talk about it on ESPN.

Horry For 3!
11-14-2005, 12:56 AM
T.O. in a Cowboys uniform would be fuckin crazy. Ever since he dissed Cowboys when he stood on the star. Even then I bet he could be with the Cowboys, Jerry Jones would pay him the money.

Horry For 3!
11-14-2005, 01:00 AM
Some guy from ESPN thinks Broncos will sign T.O.

Runner ups Cowboys & Dolphins.

samikeyp
11-14-2005, 01:05 AM
let him go freeze in Denver.

Hook Dem
11-14-2005, 09:56 AM
TO has now pulled out the race card. Did you see him this morning with Jessee Jackson in his corner? What an opportunist ! :flipoff

Oh, Gee!!
11-14-2005, 10:50 AM
There has been a lot of discussion that T.O. could sign with the Cowboys. They're fixing to talk about it on ESPN.

I'm not so crazy now, am I?

Mr. Peabody
11-14-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm not so crazy now, am I?

You're psychic. I should take you to Wall Street. We could make thousands!
________
Extreme q vaporizer settings (http://vaporshop.com/)

samikeyp
11-14-2005, 12:18 PM
I have always wanted to ask Reverend Jackson one thing....

where exactly is your church? :lol

McKenzie
11-14-2005, 12:34 PM
I have always wanted to ask Reverend Jackson one thing....

where exactly is your church? :lol

:lmao

So, what exactly did T.O. say? Fortunately, I missed it yesterday. And Morteson was going to give some insight on where he'd end up, but ESPN dragged it out too long and I switched over to CBS.

King
11-14-2005, 02:32 PM
I want to put the best team on the field. If TO makes that team the best, so be it. I won't raise my kids to look up to him - and when the game is over, the tv is off, and TO is gone.

But for three hours, in between the lines, the guy is an absolute game breaker - and that's all I care about. Sign him up.

Sports Writer JJ
11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
I want to put the best team on the field. If TO makes that team the best, so be it. I won't raise my kids to look up to him - and when the game is over, the tv is off, and TO is gone.

But for three hours, in between the lines, the guy is an absolute game breaker - and that's all I care about. Sign him up.

There is a laundry list of guys I'd rather have on my team than TO.

M Harrison
J Horn
M Muhammad
S Smith
j Smith
S Moss
T Holt
H Ward

Hell I'd eve take C Johnson way ahead of TO.

So what if he can produce, unless he is a Positive for the TEAM. he is a distraction, and I am sure he is Hell on a QB's psyche, There are a ton of WR I'd have on my team before I had TO, if I wanted to win.

Individual production does not equal value to team.

King
11-14-2005, 03:12 PM
The Eagles are 13-1 in games where TO scores a TD - only loss being the last one to Denver.

Philadelphia made it to the Super Bowl last year with him - finally winning the NFC championship on their fourth try.

I'd say he's of pretty substantial value to a team.

samikeyp
11-14-2005, 03:19 PM
They made it through the playoffs without him. Philly got there because they were a good team, not solely on the effort of one player.

King
11-14-2005, 03:28 PM
13-1 speaks volumes.

samikeyp
11-14-2005, 03:42 PM
I agree but that record was not achieved by TO alone.

yeahone
11-14-2005, 06:32 PM

it will be cool but wrong team

yeahone
11-14-2005, 06:33 PM

hussker
11-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Need a voice over and some lyrics for the Kanye West song:
"Coach Reid Don't Like Black People" Or so Jesse Jackson would have you believe.

Jesse Jackson speaking out for TO,
kinda like Sean Hannity speaking out for Kurt Busch...ridiculous.

j-6
11-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Fake article written by SI's Peter King of Monday Morning QB fame; Cowboy fan masturbatory material in italics.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/11/14/mmqb.1114/2.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Arbitrator Richard Bloch, citing the precedent of the 2005 Terrell Owens case, today freed wide receiver Chad Johnson from the Cincinnati Bengals, despite the team's claim it had a valid contract with him through 2009, ending a bitter contract dispute with the team and putting the colorful receiver on the open market immediately.

In a stunning development, Johnson seemed close to signing a long-term contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The 7-3 Bengals are tied with Pittsburgh atop the AFC North with six games to play, including a crucial Week 16 game at Pittsburgh.

"I knew all along the Bengals couldn't hold me down,'' a jubilant Johnson said after the hearing. Johnson was flanked by his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, who won the same kind of case a year ago with Owens.

The Bengals accepted the arbitrator's ruling with anger.

"I have no idea what a contract means anymore,'' said Bengals president Mike Brown. "We had the contractual right to deactivate Chad for the rest of the season as long as we paid him. We fully intended to pay him, yet the arbitrator said our rules don't matter.''

The Bengals had been asking Bloch to uphold their contractual rights to Johnson. As with Owens and the Eagles, Cincinnati tired of Johnson's divisive complaints about his contract. After he refused to dress for a game two weeks ago against Pittsburgh, the Bengals said he would be suspended for four weeks and then deactivated each of the remaining five weeks of the season. The Bengals also said Johnson would be waived after the season. Bloch's ruling, eerily similar to the one he made last year when he freed Owens from his Eagles' contract with six games left in the season, ends the Bengals' suspension of Johnson at two games and means he can immediately sign with any team.

An hour after the press conference, SI.com's Don Banks reported that New England and Pittsburgh had both made substantial offers to Johnson soon after Bloch's ruling. Pittsburgh, Banks reported, was close to a deal with Johnson, and a source close to the Steelers said they wanted him to being practice with the team this week, so he'd be ready to play in Pittsburgh's game at Cleveland next Sunday.

Rosenhaus could not be reached for comment -- the first time in the last 11 months his cell phone rang without being answered -- but earlier in the day, he said the Bengals didn't learn from Owens' victory over the Eagles in 2005.

Owens fought to have his contract voided in November 2005, arguing that the Eagles suspended him and planned to deactivate him for the season after the suspension. Bloch ruled the Eagles had to release him because they had no intention of playing him, and were holding him back from earning several incentives in his seven-year, $48 million contract.

Owens, who signed a five-year contract with Dallas a week after the ruling, played a big role in knocking the Eagles out of the 2005 playoffs with his strong play down the stretch for the Cowboys.

Dallas (10-0) six wins away from the NFL's first perfect season since 1972. Owens' 76 catches, 1,047 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns lead all receivers. Off the field, Owens has taken a vow of silence with the media and hasn't antagonized his teammates the way he did a year ago in Philadelphia with his constant badgering of quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Johnson signed a contract extension with Cincinnati in 2003 through the 2009 season. He received a $7 million signing bonus in 2003 and a $3.5 million option bonus in 2004. But he claimed his salaries -- $2.75 million in 2006, $3 million in 2007, $3.4 million in 2008, $3.6 million in 2009 -- were insufficient for a player who led the NFL with 106 catches and 17 touchdown receptions in 2005.

The Bengals, always a hard-line organization, refused to renegotiate the with Johnson, saying they wouldn't be able to withhold the sanctity of their other player contracts if they re-worked a star's deal with four years left on it. That led to Johnson staging a wildcat walkout before the Bengals-Steelers game, for which the club suspended him.

Bloch said in his ruling the Bengals were standing in the way of a healthy player's right to earn a living. He would have been paid while deactivated, but he wouldn't have been able to earn any incentive money in the contract, which makes up a significant amount of money beyond his base salary.

Outside the NFL offices on Park Avenue in Manhattan late today, commissioner Paul Tagliabue said he didn't like the precedents the Owens and Johnson contract reversals set for the league.

"For 86 years in the NFL, a contract has been a contract,'' said Tagliabue. "But with these two rulings, players now understand they can get out of their deals and become instant free-agents by simply acting up, protesting their situations and demanding to be paid more than they are. If we allow this to happen, there's no sense in signing players to contracts anymore.''

Bloch could not be reached for comment.

In Pittsburgh, Johnson would be paired with Pro Bowl wideout Hines Ward to form one of the best receiver tandems in football.

Reached tonight in Pittsburgh, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said: "This is Christmas six weeks early, if it's true. I don't care who's right and who's wrong in the contract part of it. All I know is there's no way we'll lose this division now. We just took Cincinnati's best player.''

SWC Bonfire
11-15-2005, 10:06 AM
I was pissed when I noticed that they gave Darren Woodson's #28 to a new guy.

I will be extremely pissed if they sign this shitbird douchebag. If Jerry Jones wants to continue to alienate Cowboys fans, this is the way to do it.

Oh, Gee!!
11-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Fake articles. almost as bad as fake press conferences

Oh, Gee!!
03-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Thread created in November 2005.

Topped because I'm a freakin' genius.

V=Vendetta
03-20-2006, 04:04 PM
gREATEST NEWS EVER

samikeyp
03-20-2006, 04:09 PM

Sad...but not unheard of. Woody should still get into the ring of honor though. You still see players wearing 33, 54, 72, 79 etc. When Emmitt got 22 and Irvin got 88....fans were not happy then either. The Cowboys don't "officially" retire numbers they just take them out of use. I doubt we see a 22 or 8 again.

Obstructed_View
03-20-2006, 08:37 PM

You must have gone ballistic when they gave Drew Pearson's number to Antonio Bryant.

T Park
03-21-2006, 01:36 AM
SWC Bonfire was prob one of those that hated it when Ginobili originally had number 6.