PDA

View Full Version : joel embiid?

smush
08-24-2020, 12:47 PM
Trade Lamarcus and the pick. Let Jakob go. Resign drew. Keep Lyles.

Chinook
08-24-2020, 01:12 PM
Why would you just let Poeltl go? It doesn't even help get Embiid or anything. I'm not even going into Joel's injury risk or all that.

daslicer
08-24-2020, 01:15 PM
Not fan of Embiid. He's always out of shape come playoff time. He's also not a competitor. The guy doesn't care about being great or winning.

smush
08-24-2020, 01:23 PM
Jakob thinks he is a starter and might get a offer sheet that is unreasonable. He is soft sometimes. Drew played harder in the bubble and showed a offensive game.

spurspl
08-24-2020, 01:24 PM
lma + pick is not enough for embiid. sixers wont give up so cheap an all star center and a guy they have built a team around for years

BackHome
08-24-2020, 02:14 PM
You would have to give up 3 or 4 first round picks to get him so not ever going to happen.

JamStone
08-24-2020, 02:26 PM
I don’t know that Philly would do that, but Elton Brand should seriously consider trading Joel. And I think he’ll find that his value around the league won’t be very high anyway. Almost all the good teams in the league play with pace. If you have Embiid and you’re paying him $35+ million a year and playing him 35+ minutes a game as one of your core players, he forces you to play a different, slower, possession style game. Might be different if he was a $10 million a year role player. But he’d be one of your high priced big guns. Good teams don’t play that way anymore. Whether this current style of play is a trend or not and however long it lasts, Embiid doesn’t fit it, as talented as he is.

If Philly chooses Ben over Joel and tries to trade Joel, I don’t think he’ll end up costing that much because I don’t believe there will be much interest or much of a bidding war for him.

dbreiden83080
08-24-2020, 03:48 PM
He seems lazy.. Philly will have a new coach next season.. And some trades may be coming..

DMC
08-25-2020, 05:55 PM
The problem with Joel is that he was a superstar before he ever set foot on an NBA court. How can you coach that?