PDA

View Full Version : Nets Want Popovich

Spurtacular
08-25-2020, 11:48 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nets-eye-popovich-153854092.html

I think a change of scenery would do him good. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Dex
08-25-2020, 11:51 PM
Hello and welcome to like 2 weeks ago. This is old news.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2020/8/15/21370103/woike-sources-say-nets-will-pursue-gregg-popovich-but-likely-wont-be-successful

Philly wants him too, so I'll save you the trouble of making a new thread about it.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-25-2020, 11:55 PM
thanks derp surprised you didnt bring up chumpdumper

99 Problems
08-26-2020, 12:12 AM
Gaining momentum though.... I probably should use now to wish Pop all the best at Nets. Hope he does well tbh.

Play Boban
08-26-2020, 12:52 AM
We should fire him

Spurtacular
08-26-2020, 04:04 AM
Hello and welcome to like 2 weeks ago. This is old news.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2020/8/15/21370103/woike-sources-say-nets-will-pursue-gregg-popovich-but-likely-wont-be-successful

Philly wants him too, so I'll save you the trouble of making a new thread about it.

Tag line on the article is August 24th. Stop clutching your ovaries.

Ignazzz
08-26-2020, 04:17 AM
We should fire him

Lost Your mind???
Trade for pick is much better option.

GAustex
08-26-2020, 07:06 AM
It would be cool to get something back for the senile drunk assed poop.
Right now a bag of Funyuns for poop is a good deal

widowmaker
08-26-2020, 07:12 AM
We should fire him

Whos “we”? You work for the spurs organization?

8FOR!3
08-26-2020, 07:46 AM
He'd fit right in in Brooklyn. If they offer him a bunch of money I don't blame him. He doesn't owe us anything. I just hope it doesn't cut the ties to Duncan and etc.

Play Boban
08-26-2020, 07:55 AM
Lost Your mind???
Trade for pick is much better option.
What team would be willing to give us picks for this old fart?

Play Boban
08-26-2020, 07:56 AM
Whos “we”? You work for the spurs organization?
Who says I don’t?

Kurgan
08-26-2020, 08:17 AM
He'd fit right in in Brooklyn. If they offer him a bunch of money I don't blame him. He doesn't owe us anything. I just hope it doesn't cut the ties to Duncan and etc.

Why are people looking at this from a financial perspective? Pop's already the highest paid coach in the league. If he leaves the Spurs, it won't be about the money. More likely it would be about winning and accumulating a couple more accolades. He would have to really hate the rebuilding process if that's the case(or he probably has a feeling the Spurs aren't making the playoffs next year)

pad300
08-26-2020, 09:40 AM

He's under contract; if they want him, they're stuck with that...

cd98
08-26-2020, 09:45 AM
Nets have a history of giving up draft picks for over-the-hill players. Just ask the Celtics. Trade Pop and get three or four first rounders and a few draft swap options.

Spurtacular
08-26-2020, 11:49 AM
If I were Pop, I'd Phil Jackson it. Go to the team with two young stars best positioned to ring. Except the prime candidate Clippers, Kawhi doesn't want him there I should think.

widowmaker
08-26-2020, 11:50 AM
Who says I don’t?

Sure. Lmao!!!!

Ignazzz
08-26-2020, 12:16 PM
Nets. Do You know why?
Pop is under contract so it is only way to bring him in.

ginobilized
08-26-2020, 03:40 PM
11 and 19 might make for a good haul in this draft and help expedite the inevitable rebuild.
Perhaps a trade could happen, too? Reuniting Aldridge and Durant?
It all feels far-fetched, but, possible.

A new coaching job AND the Olympics might be a lot for a 72 yr old to handle. I’m cool however it shakes out.
It’s not like this team is going to make a huge step forward next season regardless of the coach and draft picks.

MultiTroll
08-26-2020, 03:46 PM
Is it possible the gambling overlord controllers want to bank off Pop as they have the past two years?

Kurgan
08-26-2020, 04:04 PM
If I were Pop, I'd Phil Jackson it. Go to the team with two young stars best positioned to ring. Except the prime candidate Clippers, Kawhi doesn't want him there I should think.

Uncle Dennis doesn't want him there. Kawhi doesn't give a shit who's coaching him.

Spurtacular
08-26-2020, 07:23 PM
Uncle Dennis doesn't want him there. Kawhi doesn't give a shit who's coaching him.

Pop has the clout to push out Rivers; but yea, Uncle Dennis is an obstacle. And I think Balmer would have to be sold on it some too.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
08-26-2020, 09:47 PM
He'll be gone. Ownership probably wants him gone or they told him to keep his mouth shut. He's bad for buisness. Sure the spurs have seen a dip in revenue and have received complaints about his anti white comments.

cd98
08-26-2020, 09:53 PM
I just hope Pop doesn’t pull a Kawhi to get out of his contract.

mo7888
08-26-2020, 09:55 PM
He'll be gone. Ownership probably wants him gone or they told him to keep his mouth shut. He's bad for buisness. Sure the spurs have seen a dip in revenue and have received complaints about his anti white comments.

I don't think he's bad for business (at least because of politics, if he's bad its because he's losing)... I do think ownership would like to pay less for a HC at this point in time though.

mo7888
08-26-2020, 09:56 PM
I just hope Pop doesn’t pull a Kawhi to get out of his contract.

How? Fake an injury to his wine sipping hand?

buttsR4rebounding
08-26-2020, 10:20 PM
I don't think he's bad for business (at least because of politics, if he's bad its because he's losing)... I do think ownership would like to pay less for a HC at this point in time though.

You’re wrong. I canceled my season tickets. My rep who I’ve known for 5 years told me that I was not alone.

mo7888
08-26-2020, 10:21 PM
You’re wrong. I canceled my season tickets. My rep who I’ve known for 5 years told me that I was not alone.

You canceled because of his political views? Well...Ok...

Roscoe P. Coltrane
08-26-2020, 10:58 PM

He's definitely bad for buisness. Just look at the NBA ratings right now.

buttsR4rebounding
08-26-2020, 11:17 PM
You canceled because of his political views? Well...Ok...

I canceled because he is using his position as the face of the franchise as a platform to spout his liberal bullshit. I use sports as an escape from that crap. I can take the $20,000 or so that I spend each year on Spurs games and spend it elsewhere. I am not going to be insulted by a business and still patronize them.

bigfan
08-27-2020, 05:30 PM
The Nets can want in one hand and crap in the other and see what they wind up with.

rogcl1
08-28-2020, 02:04 PM
Pop can do whatever he wants.

Trainwreck2100
08-28-2020, 02:09 PM

So brave to cancel your tickets when this team is ass, so brave

yavozerb
08-28-2020, 02:33 PM
So brave to cancel your tickets when this team is ass, so brave

Guess you didn't read his post. Once pop started taking political sides it really effected many fans. I also know of 2 season ticket holders who stopped purchasing them due to pop.

Trainwreck2100
08-28-2020, 02:48 PM
Guess you didn't read his post. Once pop started taking political sides it really effected many fans. I also know of 2 season ticket holders who stopped purchasing them due to pop.

So brave of them to do it when this team is ass, too

GAustex
08-28-2020, 02:58 PM
Poop is a major reason the team is ass too

Obi Juan Kenobi
08-28-2020, 02:58 PM
I canceled because he is using his position as the face of the franchise as a platform to spout his liberal bullshit. I use sports as an escape from that crap. I can take the $20,000 or so that I spend each year on Spurs games and spend it elsewhere. I am not going to be insulted by a business and still patronize them.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AntiqueElegantBlackbuck-size_restricted.gif

Spurtacular
08-30-2020, 09:27 AM

I keep hearing about a dip in revenue; but I've never seen any data backing it up.

BacktoBasics
08-30-2020, 10:09 AM

Then you’re a shitty fan and we don’t want you. This movement isn’t going away. It’s part of the NBA and will be for years.

Time for you to move on and join the Klan full time.

Get the fuck off this forum. If you’re done the be done. Otherwise you’re full of shit, which I suspect.

Kurgan
08-30-2020, 10:17 AM

Ownership just hired Pop's bff to be CEO and run the business side of things. This fantasy about ownership wanting him gone went out the window the second the Holts got divorced. They handed the reins over to their children and those two are too green to have the audacity to force out one of the most popular(and winningest) coaches in nba history.

mo7888
08-30-2020, 10:23 AM
Then you’re a shitty fan and we don’t want you. This movement isn’t going away. It’s part of the NBA and will be for years.

Time for you to move on and join the Klan full time.

Get the fuck off this forum. If you’re done the be done. Otherwise you’re full of shit, which I suspect.

Just stop.... if the NBA didn't have fans who just want to enjoy sports without politics from the right or left there wouldn't be an NBA. Most of the radical right isn't watching anyway and the radical left is out rioting.... Most normal people want to enjoy a basketball game and forget about the pressures of life. It's entertainment...

BacktoBasics
08-30-2020, 10:26 AM
Ownership just hired Pop's bff to be CEO and run the business side of things. This fantasy about ownership wanting him gone went out the window the second the Holts got divorced. They handed the reins over to their children and those two are too green to have the audacity to force out one of the most popular(and winningest) coaches in nba history.
The whole idea that’s it’s a bad thing to have a HC who backs and supports the same beliefs and causes as the players is the dumbest shit I’ve ever read. Yeah I’m sure ownership would love a conservative coach that the players can’t relate to or want to play for but a few intolerant pricks will renew their shitty seats.

These self aggrandizing idiots think a few white boomers make up the core of fans across the country. It’s beyond laughable. If every white boomer quit watching the NBA it would hardly make a difference at all.

BacktoBasics
08-30-2020, 11:02 AM
Just stop.... if the NBA didn't have fans who just want to enjoy sports without politics from the right or left there wouldn't be an NBA. Most of the radical right isn't watching anyway and the radical left is out rioting.... Most normal people want to enjoy a basketball game and forget about the pressures of life. It's entertainment...

That world doesn’t exist anymore and probably for the better. Now more than ever players are using their celebrity and voice to improve their communities and speak out against racial injustice.

There is no world where that is a bad thing. You just don’t like the message, which says more about you than it does the players trying to make a positive impact on society.

You don’t have to agree with their politics, if there really is any, but to disparage wealthy athletes for attempting to do good is at the very least disingenuous if not outright intolerant.

So yeah go find another hobby.

daslicer
08-30-2020, 12:30 PM

Let's be real you cancelled because the Spurs are a lottery team. If they were title contenders I don't think you would cancel season tickets.

daslicer
08-30-2020, 12:30 PM

Let's be real you cancelled because the Spurs are a lottery team. If they were title contenders I don't think you would cancel season tickets.

ducks
08-30-2020, 01:22 PM

He owes us focusing on spurs not Trump
Not holding press conference just to bash the President of the USA

ducks
08-30-2020, 01:23 PM
Pop can do whatever he wants.

He can except if spurs fire him he can not coach them

mo7888
08-30-2020, 01:29 PM
That world doesn’t exist anymore and probably for the better. Now more than ever players are using their celebrity and voice to improve their communities and speak out against racial injustice.

There is no world where that is a bad thing. You just don’t like the message, which says more about you than it does the players trying to make a positive impact on society.

You don’t have to agree with their politics, if there really is any, but to disparage wealthy athletes for attempting to do good is at the very least disingenuous if not outright intolerant.

So yeah go find another hobby.

I don't give 2 shits about their politics or their message.... they could be social justice warriors or maga trumpers....i just don't like politics in my sports like most people.

BacktoBasics
08-30-2020, 02:06 PM
I don't give 2 shits about their politics or their message.... they could be social justice warriors or maga trumpers....i just don't like politics in my sports like most people.

Then you should stop posting political shit on a sports forum. Practice what you preach.

DAF86
08-30-2020, 02:12 PM

Yet he wouldn't have done it if the Spurs were still contenders and had a young exciting superstar on its roster. So the underlying factor behind his ticket cancelling move is still the team's quality, not Pop's opinions.

mo7888
08-30-2020, 04:22 PM
Then you should stop posting political shit on a sports forum. Practice what you preach.

My post on this thread was about keeping politics out of sports you dumb fuck..

TD 21
08-30-2020, 04:39 PM

Human rights aren't politics. Stop blindly drinking the cult leader's Kool-Aid and use common sense.

mo7888
08-30-2020, 04:47 PM
Human rights aren't politics. Stop blindly drinking the cult leader's Kool-Aid and use common sense.

What culture leader? Trump? You think I'm someone who voted for Trump? All I said was I don't like tbe mix of sports and politics...regardless for you you support.

TD 21
08-30-2020, 04:50 PM
What culture leader? Trump? You think I'm someone who voted for Trump? All I said was I don't like tbe mix of sports and politics...regardless for you you support.

Either way, human rights aren't politics, so use common sense. Politics are things like health care, foreign policy, etc.

BacktoBasics
08-30-2020, 05:30 PM

That means you’re contributing dumb fuck.

Take the pointy hat off so you can see.

BackHome
08-30-2020, 06:02 PM
The nets can have Pop if they give us two first round picks.

mo7888
08-30-2020, 06:29 PM
Either way, human rights aren't politics, so use common sense. Politics are things like health care, foreign policy, etc.

Politics are also things like police reform...(which I'm in favor of)... most people want to get away from all of that and all the other stresses of life when they enjoy a game or watch a movie..

TD 21
08-30-2020, 06:32 PM
Politics are also things like police reform...(which I'm in favor of)... most people want to get away from all of that and all the other stresses of life when they enjoy a game or watch a movie..

400 years of being mistreated on every level and you're upset because you have to hear about it during a sporting event? Not exactly even . . . if this country weren't so messed up and celebrity obsessed, it wouldn't take entertainers having to have a hand in this to attempt to spark change.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-30-2020, 06:34 PM
We should fire him

found jabari’s source

mo7888
08-30-2020, 06:38 PM
400 years of being mistreated on every level and you're upset because you have to hear about it during a sporting event? Not exactly even . . . if this country weren't so messed up and celebrity obsessed, it wouldn't take entertainers having to have a hand in this to attempt to spark change.

I'm not even gonna comment on your point about celebrity's needing to have a hand to make change but, im not upset that I have to hear about it during a game...I'm just less likely to watch it. I didn't watch yesterday or today's games. I'm also not saying they shouldn't speak their minds. They have celebrity and platforms to reach alot of people and they should use those to push whatever they want to push.... i just don't think they should alienate fans that would otherwise watch... that's just my opinion...you're certainly entitled to yours..

TD 21
08-30-2020, 06:49 PM
I'm not even gonna comment on your point about celebrity's needing to have a hand to make change but, im not upset that I have to hear about it during a game...I'm just less likely to watch it. I didn't watch yesterday or today's games. I'm also not saying they shouldn't speak their minds. They have celebrity and platforms to reach alot of people and they should use those to push whatever they want to push.... i just don't think they should alienate fans that would otherwise watch... that's just my opinion...you're certainly entitled to yours..

In other words, they should forget about their people because they'll annoy racists and those who aren't anti racist (which renders them part of the problem) . . . yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

mo7888
08-30-2020, 07:32 PM
In other words, they should forget about their people because they'll annoy racists and those who aren't anti racist (which renders them part of the problem) . . . yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

No, they should make there business stronger...make more money...put it into the communities they advocate for and speak on issues that are important to them on platforms they've created because of their celebrity....you know...actually make a difference....( you're right...real actions don't make sense)...

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree about what makes someone part of the solution instead of part of the problem...

Now let's get back to basketball...you make more sense to me there...

BackHome
08-30-2020, 08:11 PM
Go Spurs Go. Go Spurs Go. Go Spurs Go :lobt:

MultiTroll
08-31-2020, 12:02 AM
How long until this media created rumor dies?

TD 21
08-31-2020, 04:37 PM
No, they should make there business stronger...make more money...put it into the communities they advocate for and speak on issues that are important to them on platforms they've created because of their celebrity....you know...actually make a difference....( you're right...real actions don't make sense)...

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree about what makes someone part of the solution instead of part of the problem...

Now let's get back to basketball...you make more sense to me there...

They're doing a lot of that behind the scenes. The whole point of what they're doing is to create waves, make those uncomfortable who need to be made so and spark change.

Not bury this behind the scenes so apathetic (to the cause) - racist whitey can enjoy broadcasts of a trivial sporting event.

Amuseddaysleeper
08-31-2020, 05:20 PM
I would be okay with them taking Pop. He's a legend, but his best years are behind him.

BackHome
08-31-2020, 07:08 PM
It would be his last gift to us giving the Spurs a first round this year and next year. Lol.

MultiTroll
09-01-2020, 09:45 AM
Nets open door slightly for Real Spurs Fans dream scenario

https://nypost.com/2020/08/31/nets-coach-search-spurs-not-guaranteeing-gregg-popovich-returns/?ocid=uxbndlbing (https://nypost.com/2020/08/31/nets-coach-search-spurs-not-guaranteeing-gregg-popovich-returns/?ocid=uxbndlbing)

Fify New York Post

Rummpd
09-01-2020, 01:37 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/08/31/nba-bubble-latest-news-notes-rumors

He is not likely leaving for better or worse.....

MultiTroll
09-01-2020, 08:45 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/08/31/nba-bubble-latest-news-notes-rumors

He is not likely leaving for better or worse.....
Thanks for the info.
Farks sake that Mannix guy is sick.
Propping Morris cheapshots and suggesting Dallas should recruit him?

Then the bullshit about _antoni going to Indy. For what? How the hell about Nate McMillan going to the Rockets? Black coaches lives matter.

Degoat
09-02-2020, 03:40 PM
I highly doubt pop leaves but his house is for Sale in SA

LkrFan
09-02-2020, 03:45 PM
https://twitter.com/KendrickPerkins/status/1301259668078166018?s=19

:wow

daslicer
09-02-2020, 06:43 PM
https://twitter.com/KendrickPerkins/status/1301259668078166018?s=19

:wow

We can only hope this is true.

mo7888
09-02-2020, 07:10 PM

I don't know if it has anything to do with Brooklyn but, he did just list it for sale again.

paperboy77
09-02-2020, 08:28 PM
Hell maybe we can get Coach Bud and Coach Brown back? Miami letting the world know that the Greek Freak is useless as a #1 in the PO. That's the issue with today's super evolved league for low-post big men. All you have to do.. as always.. is pack the paint and they are zeroed out! Gianis would be an AWESOME 1b. The problem is that man will never agree to that.

Barfunk
09-02-2020, 08:29 PM
Wow. People canceling their season tickets for a douchebag like Donald Trump. What a bunch of bitches.

LkrFan
09-02-2020, 09:01 PM

Please. Pop has been more important to the Spurs than Duncan. Once he's gone, you probably looking at the Seattle Spurs tbh.

daslicer
09-02-2020, 09:08 PM
Please. Pop has been more important to the Spurs than Duncan. Once he's gone, you probably looking at the Seattle Spurs tbh.

I have been fan since '94. Pop like all coaches in my eyes is overrated. Without superstars covering up his terrible lineups he's very mediocre. The only thing great he did for the Spurs and I give him credit for this is establishing a Father-Son relationship with Duncan. It's the biggest reason why Duncan didn't leave in '00. I'm thankful for that.

Your original statement is stupid it's like saying Pat Riley was more important for the Lakers than Magic-Jabbar or saying Phil Jackson was more important than Shaq-Kobe.

Anyways I grew up and still live in NC so the Seattle Spurs trolling crap doesn't effect me . TBH I don't think Seattle will ever get another NBA team again. Those dumbasses should have tried to build a new arena instead of wasting several hundred million dollars renovating their old shithole arena.

LkrFan
09-02-2020, 09:41 PM
I have been fan since '94. Pop like all coaches in my eyes is overrated. Without superstars covering up his terrible lineups he's very mediocre. The only thing great he did for the Spurs and I give him credit for this is establishing a Father-Son relationship with Duncan. It's the biggest reason why Duncan didn't leave in '00. I'm thankful for that.

Your original statement is stupid it's like saying Pat Riley was more important for the Lakers than Magic-Jabbar or saying Phil Jackson was more important than Shaq-Kobe.

Anyways I grew up and still live in NC so the Seattle Spurs trolling crap doesn't effect me . TBH I don't think Seattle will ever get another NBA team again. Those dumbasses should have tried to build a new arena instead of wasting several hundred million dollars renovating their old shithole arena.

Was Pop not the GM, then coach? He played a major role in putting together the roster around Duncan, then coached for 20 years. If not for injuries, Spurs make the playoffs again, without Duncan. Pop was there before, during, and after Duncan.

Many great players never won because they didn't have a good coach and/or GM that could help them become successful (Barkley, Ewing, Stockton, Mailman, Reggie Miller, etc. - all HOFers, no rangs).

Not Pat Riley, but Logo is the most important Laker of all-time. Cap? No, no cap. He won a rang as a player then constructed Showtime and Shaq/Kobe era. If not for his fallout with Phil Jackson, the Dubs as we know them don't exist AND the Lakers likely have more rangs (Yes, Kobe would have at least 6 instead of five).

Coaches and GMs are more important than you give credit for. I'll agree to disagree there.

Be thankful that Kobe didn't have CIA Pop on his sideline for 20 years. No doubt in my mind he'd have more than 5. Put some respeck on Pop's name son.

LkrFan
09-02-2020, 09:43 PM
And the Sonics were stolen from SeattlePERIOD.

davi78239
09-02-2020, 09:48 PM
His house has been for sale though already even before these rumors

daslicer
09-02-2020, 09:51 PM
And the Sonics were stolen from SeattlePERIOD.

They were but that happens a lot. It happened to my home team the Hornets back in '02. The city of Charlotte was smarter than Seattle though in one regard is that they pushed through a deal to build a new arena immediately after the Hornets moved. That sent a message to the NBA that they were ready to get another team. Seattle should have tried to build an arena years ago instead of doing what they are doing now in renovating the old Key Arena.

daslicer
09-02-2020, 09:53 PM
Was Pop not the GM, then coach? He played a major role in putting together the roster around Duncan, then coached for 20 years. If not for injuries, Spurs make the playoffs again, without Duncan. Pop was there before, during, and after Duncan.

Many great players never won because they didn't have a good coach and/or GM that could help them become successful (Barkley, Ewing, Stockton, Mailman, Reggie Miller, etc. - all HOFers, no rangs).

Not Pat Riley, but Logo is the most important Laker of all-time. Cap? No, no cap. He won a rang as a player then constructed Showtime and Shaq/Kobe era. If not for his fallout with Phil Jackson, the Dubs as we know them don't exist AND the Lakers likely have more rangs (Yes, Kobe would have at least 6 instead of five).

Coaches and GMs are more important than you give credit for. I'll agree to disagree there.

Be thankful that Kobe didn't have CIA Pop on his sideline for 20 years. No doubt in my mind he'd have more than 5. Put some respeck on Pop's name son.

I agree with you on the GM part. Great GM's are invaluable like you said with Jerry West. Even though RC gets hammered on here I still think he's one of the best GM's in the league when it comes to finding young talent. It's the reason why I still have hope the Spurs will have a successful rebuild in the next 3-5 years.

Drewlius
09-03-2020, 08:48 AM
Nets hire Steve Nash.

Dejounte
09-03-2020, 08:52 AM
Nets hire Steve Nash.

Makes sense. Wasnt he with the Warriors when Durant was there? This has Durant all over it

hooperflash
09-03-2020, 08:55 AM
Steve Nash coaching the white and black

Floyd Pacquiao
09-03-2020, 08:58 AM
What’s Steve Nash’s defensive schemes gonna look like

ZeusWillJudge
09-03-2020, 09:13 AM

Two words: Richard Jefferson.

Pop did some very good things, there's no doubt. But everything he did was magnified through the lens of Tim Duncan. The Logo is a genius, and continues to be a genius. He put things together. Pop inherited the single greatest thing in his legacy. He did some good things with it, but since Duncan retired he's floundered a bit. More than a bit. And he seems puzzled that the world isn't cooperating with his legend and ego.

I'll give you this much - a lesser coach could have fucked it up. But a lot of coaches and a lot of rosters could have ridden Tim to LOB's. Meh... at least a few coaches, but a lot of rosters. But Pop doesn't seem to be able to wrap his head around the New NBA. That's sort of a liability since that's where he's coaching.

How about this as a compromise? I'll give Pop the respeck he's due... in retirement.

ZeusWillJudge
09-03-2020, 09:14 AM

Seven seconds or less... just like his offensive schemes.

MultiTroll
09-03-2020, 09:27 AM
:lol Now attention whore Pop and the story can move on to some other noise.

jjktkk
09-03-2020, 09:53 AM
So Bud gets swept then Bucks Fire him, he would be available to replace poop!!!!!

just saying.

Except you shouldn't be "just saying". Why would you hire a retread like Bud? He's already been fired twice ,plus he was trained by Pop, who you hate!:lol

Seventyniner
09-03-2020, 10:07 AM

Just let the other team have a layup so we can get the ball back quicker.

exstatic
09-03-2020, 10:22 AM
Except you shouldn't be "just saying". Why would you hire a retread like Bud? He's already been fired twice ,plus he was trained by Pop, who you hate!:lol

He didn’t get fired from Atlanta. He had done quite well, but their payroll was a victim of their success. When you produce 4 All Stars in one season, they want to get paid. Ownership wanted to re-build but Bud wasn’t interested. They allowed him to talk to other teams, and let him out of his contract when the Bucks wanted to hire him.

itzsoweezee
09-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Whelp...I really was hoping Pop was off to greener pastures. Next year is really going to suck

lefty
09-03-2020, 10:48 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdmirableHappyAsiantrumpetfish-size_restricted.gif

Kurgan
09-03-2020, 11:41 AM

He reinvented the Spurs while Pop was stuck coaching like it was still 2005. Spurs were getting swept by the Suns in 2010 and would have languished further if Bud wasn't there to change how the Spurs played basketball. He was also instrumental in trading George Hill for Kawhi.

Kurgan
09-03-2020, 11:47 AM

Two things:

1. Kobe already had PJax, regarded as the GOAT coach by many.

2. Kobe wouldn't survive under Pop. Kobe was a diva and wanted to be treated like royalty. Pop didn't care for that shit. He held his stars just as accountable as his role players. This style of coaching only worked because of ego-less stars like Duncan, DRob, and Manu on the roster. We saw how quickly Kawhi wanted out of this type of coaching atmosphere. Kobe is no different. Which is why he needed someone like PJax coaching him. Every other coach the Lakers hired didn't agree with Bryant resulting in short tenures and the eventual lottery seasons.

TimDunkem
09-03-2020, 12:04 PM
White privilege tbh

Collins21
09-03-2020, 01:56 PM
White privilege tbh

Exactly I don't get why these people cum in their pants over bud when he's a worse coach than Pop. This dude as the 2x MVP on his team and it looks like he's about to get swept but these people love him. Forget that the Spurs seed to do what the Nets did and go younger and more diverse for their next coach instead of a retread like Bud.

dbestpro
09-03-2020, 02:06 PM

Actually, it was Bud that was teaching Pop.

dbestpro
09-03-2020, 02:07 PM
Exactly I don't get why these people cum in their pants over bud when he's a worse coach than Pop. This dude as the 2x MVP on his team and it looks like he's about to get swept but these people love him. Forget that the Spurs seed to do what the Nets did and go younger and more diverse for their next coach instead of a retread like Bud.

Does Ime Udoka color the bubble for you?

SpurPadre
09-03-2020, 02:11 PM
Personally, I'd rather have one of The Big 3 be our next head coach but none of them likely want that role, unfortunately.

Collins21

I'm not necessarily even talking about color. However what has Bud done color aside that warrants the amount of love he gets here?

Sugus

Not the person you're replying to, but yes, absolutely. Bud's flaws as a coach are being (and have been) exposed, I'd much rather give someone who hasn't had numerous HC stints a chance. To be honest, I'd rather have Becky as HC with Ime as a lead AC, but any combination of the two would be golden. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work out, and you try again with another promising up-and-coming coach. I'll never understand the league's thinking of seeing major name coaches get fired due to incompetence (of course, that isn't always the case, and it's not an absolute rule, but happens way too often), then another team hires the same coach within a week. I'm sure D'Antoni will have the exact same thing happen to him if he's fired by the Rockets, though I can see the value in him even if I don't think he's a good enough coach to lead a team to a championship.

Sugus
09-03-2020, 02:13 PM
Personally, I'd rather have one of The Big 3 be our next head coach but none of them likely want that role, unfortunately.

I could see Manu some day wanting that role, of the 3 he looks the most likely to want that role IMO, even though Timmy is certainly the closest we've gotten so far with his assistant coach stint. Just look at Steve Nash now coaching the Nets... Though I'm sure a more or less equal amount of time must pass between Manu's retirement and becoming interested in a coaching role, than the time it took for Nash to come back. We'll have to wait and see...

crc21209
09-03-2020, 02:15 PM
I'm fine with Pop staying, it looked like he finally opened his eyes and went young, athletic, and small to end the season. Hopefully that carries over to next year. I also like that Tim and Becky are his assistant coaches so we'll see if theres some improvement made or not...

exstatic
09-03-2020, 02:33 PM

In 7 years he won 60 games twice, and had the equivalent in this year’s shortened season. His MVP is flawed, because he can’t shoot. I also think that playing in the bubble deprives you of your home court advantage. A coach shouldn’t be fired for just that.

Collins21
09-03-2020, 03:29 PM
In 7 years he won 60 games twice, and had the equivalent in this year’s shortened season. His MVP is flawed, because he can’t shoot. I also think that playing in the bubble deprives you of your home court advantage. A coach shouldn’t be fired for just that.

I'm not saying he should be fired but the thought that he's a god and Pop is peasant is the part that is weird. I truly believe if Pop had the Bucks Team they would be better.

Kurgan
09-03-2020, 03:34 PM
I'm not saying he should be fired but the thought that he's a god and Pop is peasant is the part that is weird. I truly believe if Pop had the Bucks Team they would be better.

Pop used to be great but the game has passed him by. If Pop is currently as good as you say he wouldn't have started Bryn Forbes for 155 games.

rjv
09-03-2020, 05:19 PM
biggest endorsement pop can have is the disapproval of most ST posters.

GAustex
09-03-2020, 05:33 PM
Good move by the nets not hiring poop is smart

RC_Drunkford
09-03-2020, 06:23 PM
I knew it was unlikely but we had a chance. Damn. Bryn Forbes contract extension coming up next

KobesAchilles
09-03-2020, 08:14 PM
Are the Nets still interested in him as an assistant coach? Asking for a fan.

Ocotillo
09-04-2020, 06:43 AM
Who hip checked Pop to free up Nash to get that gig? :lol

jjktkk
09-04-2020, 07:11 AM
He didn’t get fired from Atlanta. He had done quite well, but their payroll was a victim of their success. When you produce 4 All Stars in one season, they want to get paid. Ownership wanted to re-build but Bud wasn’t interested. They allowed him to talk to other teams, and let him out of his contract when the Bucks wanted to hire him.Semantics dude, semantics. Irregardless on how Bud was let go, I personally would like the organization to either promote Becky or Will, or go out and hire a young coach from outside the Pop coaching tree.

TimDunkem
09-04-2020, 12:23 PM
Irregardless. Lol

exstatic
09-04-2020, 12:56 PM
Semantics dude, semantics. Irregardless on how Bud was let go, I personally would like the organization to either promote Becky or Will, or go out and hire a young coach from outside the Pop coaching tree.

The difference between being fired, and a change of organizational direction leading to a mutual parting of the ways is not semantics. Semantics is two words or expressions that mean the same thing, like being fired or being let go. Only the word ‘literally’ is misused more than the word ‘semantics’.

If you want a completely unproven coach, that’s your prerogative. I prefer the guy that has topped 60 games won, or this year, it’s equivalent, three times in seven seasons.

gambit1990
09-04-2020, 01:04 PM
i’m big nash fan this bothers me a ton :lol

gambit1990
09-04-2020, 01:05 PM
nash wants to add dirk to his staff.

could you imagine dirk teaching kd and nash teaching kyrie? ugh.

TimDunkem
09-04-2020, 02:09 PM
The difference between being fired, and a change of organizational direction leading to a mutual parting of the ways is not semantics. Semantics is two words or expressions that mean the same thing, like being fired or being let go. Only the word ‘literally’ is misused more than the word ‘semantics’.

What about regardless and "irregardless"? :lol

daslicer
09-04-2020, 02:17 PM
nash wants to add dirk to his staff.

could you imagine dirk teaching kd and nash teaching kyrie? ugh.

Dirk always struck me as a guy whose made for retirement. He's laid back and loves being with his family. Hard to believe he would want to move his family from Dallas to NYC simply to be an assistant coach.

Rusty
10-01-2020, 11:04 PM
https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/1311717132644823040?s=20
https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/1311717343043747846?s=20

:lol

Pop probably won't survive more than a month with these lunatics