PDA

View Full Version : _face it! until the Spurs beat Dallas? they are not worthy_

Smackie Chan
11-08-2005, 12:45 PM
You guys can beat the Bulls , Suns, and Rockets all day long,

But if you can't beat the Dallas Mavericks ? then your just wasting your time.
After Saturday's Rodney King beat down your Spurs had to share with a national TV audiance? It's a known fact Avery Johnson and Mark Cuban have a new and improved Dallas team, and from what I saw Saturday your Spurs have no answer for the Mavericks.

So you can win all the games you want this season, but the truth is, until you beat the Dallas Mavericks? your Spurs ain't done shit, and you know it.

And I really hate to have to say it like that, but you know it's true, A True Spurs fan, will not be happy until they get even for Saturdays ass waxing, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Snickers
11-08-2005, 12:48 PM
not to kiss anyone's ass but........Smackie is right, until the Spurs beat the Mavericks? they have no right to talk about a repeat.

MiNuS
11-08-2005, 12:49 PM
2 Posts By Mouse

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm sorry... I'm having trouble understanding you... you're being muffled by all the championship banners.

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah, props to the Mavs for showing up in November.

Puppy Dog
mouse is right...so until the next time the Spurs play/beat the Mavs?

i'll just go cry in my puppy dish and watch the 3 Spurs Championship Videos...:depressed

Extra Stout
Gotta give Dirky credit. If I'm looking for somebody to give me a great effort in the 3rd game of the season, there's nobody better than Mr. November, Dirk Nowitzki.

George Gervin's Afro
11-08-2005, 12:52 PM

After Saturday's Rodney King beat down your Spurs had to share with a national TV audiance? It's a known fact Avery Johnson and Mark Cuban have a new and improved Dallas team, and from what I saw Saturday your Spurs have no answer for the Mavericks.

So you can win all the games you want this season, but the truth is, until you beat the Dallas Mavericks? your Spurs ain't done shit, and you know it.

And I really hate to have to say it like that, but you know it's true, A True Spurs fan, will not be happy until they get even for Saturdays ass waxing, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

remember it is all about the regular season for mav fans. their lack of success in the playoffs allow them only to gloat about games in the first week of the season. so i guess mav fans cannot talk about playoffs until they beat utah.?

Extra Stout
What do the Mavericks and the Rangers have in common?

They look really good until the weather heats up.

easjer
Riiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhtttttt.

:rolleyes

Horry For 3!
11-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Check the 03 Playoffs, Mouse. That is when games count, Mavs didn't get it done. :tu

coopdogg3
11-08-2005, 12:54 PM
wow, I probably just shouldn't respond to this garbage, but what the heck - work is slow.

First of all, it wasn't in front of a national TV audience. The game was unavailable here in Alabama.

Secondly - the "spurs ain't done shit" - well we have won 3 titles in 7 years. What have the Mavericks done? The Mavs have done well in the regular season, but haven't done a thing in the post-season worthy of mentioning.

Thirdly - Spurs fans don't get to define what TRUE mavs fans are, and dallas fans don't get to define Spurs fans. The loss hurt, I would have rather won, but the Spurs season will be defined by whether or not they win the NBA Championship. Like Barkley said - Dallas has a team that will look great in the regular season, but it will fold in the play-offs. Enjoy your regular season success - it is the only success your team will enjoy this year.

BigVee
11-08-2005, 12:55 PM
National TV? The Mavericks celebrated and hugged each other like they had just won game 7 of the finals. I bet they popped champagne in the locker room. Sad.

pache100
11-08-2005, 12:58 PM

The Mavs just barely squeaked by Phoenix. And Utah beat them.

'allas' stands at 2-1. Spurs stand at 3-1.

your Spurs ain't done shit

:blah :blah :blah :blah

Right this minute, they're more shit than your :baby Mavericks !!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

The season's young. For 'allas and San Antonio.

I don't see that happening any time soon

:blah :blah

See you on the first of December.

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Cuban's blog is not on my weekly 'must read' list but I wonder what he had to say about that game. I'd expect him to come out with something like:

"...the Spurs game proved that we are among the league's elites and should show those fans who thought Fin's loss would hurt us this season. It also showed that having a great defense is not what it takes to win in the NBA and that I know more about basketball than Chuck and Kenny. I bought the boys Burberry shower caps as a reward for their victory. They look so cute in them. Hugs and Kisses, mc ~~~~XOXOX~~~~"

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 01:01 PM
classic thread. nice work, mav fans

batman2883
11-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Until The Mavs When A Championship Their Fans Need To Shut The Fuck Up

angel_luv
11-08-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm sorry... I'm having trouble understanding you... you're being muffled by all the championship banners.

haha :tu

mouse
11-08-2005, 01:11 PM
You would think SpursTalk could provide me with at least 3 things.

1 Posters who are old enough to buy beer

2 Spur fans who can be seriuos and admit they are in trouble, and need help.

3 A Spurs fan who is willing to take off the black N silver goggles and look out side the box .

maybe later when the adults come home after work, I might get 2 out of 3.....

SpursWoman
11-08-2005, 01:15 PM

I'm even almost old enough to be President :depressed

... and your post was still retarded and a bunch of crap.

:lol

Spurzilla
11-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Confucious say:

"The unwise man celebrates all alone over a small victory, but the wise man celebrates with thousands over the ultimate victory."

Spurs - 3 championships
Mavs - 0 championships

nkdlunch
11-08-2005, 01:18 PM
http://xcomputerman.com/portico/horserider.jpg

Taco
11-08-2005, 01:19 PM
Yeah, props to the Mavs for showing up in November.

angel_luv
11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
The Dallas game was badly played by us. Almost anyone could have beaten us.
(That is not to take anything away from the Mavs. They are a solid team.)

The Spurs bounced back nicely from the loss and I guarantee you, Dallas will not have it so easy next time.

mouse
11-08-2005, 01:22 PM
wow, I probably just shouldn't respond , but work is slow.

wait another 5 minutes and that Wendy's drive trough will be rocking brah, :smokin

First of all, it wasn't in front of a national TV audience. The game was unavailable here in Alabama.

neither is running water :lmao

Secondly - the "spurs ain't done shit" - well we have won 3 titles in 7 years.
Pssssst! pulling out the ring card is not fresh, Samckie is talking about this season.

What have the Mavericks done?

Beat you by 32 points last time they played each other ,and waxed your ass on Saturday.

Thirdly - Spurs fans don't get to define what TRUE mavs fans are

Go to MavTalk and you will see many.

and dallas fans don't get to define Spurs fans.

we would if we could find some real spur fans :lol

The loss hurt, I would have rather won, but the Spurs season will be defined by whether or not they win the NBA Championship. Like Barkley said - Dallas has a team that will look great in the regular season, but it will fold in the play-offs. Enjoy your regular season success - it is the only success your team will enjoy this year.

Translation: Your right, we are still bitter about Saturday.

TimmyisKing
11-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Definately... not beating the Mavs in November is HUGE!!!! If play offs started today... oh wait... they don't.
I'm sure you're trying to make a point... but even the bad teams have to win once in a while... (see: Texans, Detroit Tigers, Arizona Cardinals, New York Knicks - soon... etc.) Every dog has his day... and The Spurs will have theirs in The Championships!!!
How many rings does Dallas have in the last 5 years? But its okay... great win in the beginning, tastes just as sweet!

pache100
11-08-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm even almost old enough to be President :depressed

Well, *I* am as old as the President...at least the current one.

... and your post was still retarded and a bunch of crap.

Yes, I agree with you there.

As for...

Hell, I'm AT work!

mouse
11-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Confucious say:

"The unwise man celebrates all alone over a small victory, but the wise man celebrates with thousands over the ultimate victory."

Spurs - 3 championships
Mavs - 0 championships

what did Confucious say after Saturday night? :lmao

pache100
11-08-2005, 01:26 PM
what did Confucious say after Saturday night? :lmao

He say..."Maberik fan make fool of himself."

mouse
11-08-2005, 01:27 PM
I guarantee you, Dallas will not have it so easy next time.

Sure keep telling yourself that , I bet you still put your tooth under your pillow at night also :lmao

SpursWoman
11-08-2005, 01:28 PM
He say..."Maberik fan make fool of himself."

:lmao

easjer
11-08-2005, 01:31 PM
You would think SpursTalk could provide me with at least 3 things.

2 Spur fans who can be seriuos and admit they are in trouble, and need help.

3 A Spurs fan who is willing to take off the black N silver goggles and look out side the box .

1. I am 25.
2. I am generally quite serious when I talk about the Spurs and basketball. I am in fact so serious about it that I didn't climb on the ledge when we lost the third game of an 82 game season and I am not seeing a real problem, except that the newbies need to get more comfortable with the defensive system, which is no great shock.
3. And see what? The Mavs are better the Spurs? By what standard? The Spurs have 3 championships in recent memory, including last year's, and the Mavs have none. The Spurs have the winningest record of all major pro-sports, the Mavs crumple in the playoffs. Furthermore, the Spurs are generally considered to be among the top teams in terms of chemistry, and the Mavs have players calling each other out in the media during playoffs.

Right then.

Suns Fan
11-08-2005, 01:32 PM
You Spur fans can clown around all you want, but the Mavericks are for real, and you should be scared shitless.

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 01:33 PM
The Mavericks are for real...

...for me to poop on!

pache100
You Spur fans can clown around all you want, but the Mavericks are for real, and you should be scared shitless.

Are you?

Dan Rather
1. I am 25.
2. I am generally quite serious when I talk about the Spurs and basketball. I am in fact so serious about it that I didn't climb on the ledge when we lost the third game of an 82 game season and I am not seeing a real problem, except that the newbies need to get more comfortable with the defensive system, which is no great shock.
3. And see what? The Mavs are better the Spurs? By what standard? The Spurs have 3 championships in recent memory, including last year's, and the Mavs have none. The Spurs have the winningest record of all major pro-sports, the Mavs crumple in the playoffs. Furthermore, the Spurs are generally considered to be among the top teams in terms of chemistry, and the Mavs have players calling each other out in the media during playoffs.

Right then.

This person gets it, ^

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 01:34 PM

The Mavs are always contenders. So what? That's not enough when you want to dethrone the 3-Time World Mother-Fuckin' Champeens

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm scared that Mark Cuban might continue wearing his elctric-blue valet jacket.

angel_luv
11-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Sure keep telling yourself that , I bet you still put your tooth under your pillow at night also :lmao

Whatever http://tinypic.com/ff5v1e.jpg :lol :lol :lol

mugatu
Are you?

^ :lmao

pache100
I'm scared that Mark Cuban might continue wearing his elctric-blue valet jacket.

I'm more scared that he might continue to have diarrhea of the mouth.

Victor Newman
11-08-2005, 01:37 PM

gollum
11-08-2005, 01:40 PM
The Mavs are always contenders. So what? That's not enough when you want to dethrone the 3-Time World Mother-Fuckin' Champeens

Let's be fair here, only one was legit, two of them had *'s

pache100
11-08-2005, 01:42 PM

Two of them had *s? Which one besides the '99 one?

And wouldn't anyone who won the championship in '99 have had an asterisk? Even the Lakers? And if it was so fricking easy, HOW COME THE LAKERS DIDN'T WIN???? :lol

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 01:43 PM

Dirk Nowitzki: superstar player*

*-- regular season only

pache100
11-08-2005, 01:44 PM

*-- regular season only

easjer
11-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Two of them had *s? Which one besides the '99 one?

And wouldn't anyone who won the championship in '99 have had an asterisk? Even the Lakers? And if it was so fricking easy, HOW COME THE LAKERS DIDN'T WIN???? :lol

God, thank you!

I hate that so much. Are you telling me that only the Spurs had a shortened season? Didn't every team play the same amount of games? Weren't the playoffs the same length?

People who think otherwise can fuck off.

Vashner
11-08-2005, 01:48 PM

After Saturday's Rodney King beat down your Spurs had to share with a national blah blah blah.. fart blah balh.. barf.. blah...

STFU noob.

angel_luv
11-08-2005, 01:50 PM

*-- regular season only

Be fair. Dirk is super talented. Our team is just better in crunch time.

pache100
11-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Be fair. Dirk is super talented.

I'll give you talented (don't know about the "super" part). But, why does he choke in the playoffs?

sa_butta
11-08-2005, 01:54 PM
I'll give you talented (don't know about the "super" part). But, why does he choke in the playoffs?inexperienced supporting cast and Dallas Bench is not deep enough for playoff time.

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Be fair. Dirk is super talented. Our team is just better in crunch time.Yes. He is super talented.

Until the playoffs, at which point he turns into a 6-25 shooter who gets shut down by the super-athletic Ryan Bowen and responds by throwing divaesque temper tantrums at his teammates.

If the NBA season were played in reverse, the Mavericks could be champions.

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 01:56 PM
inexperienced supporting cast and Dallas Bench is not deep enough for playoff time.
Plus he has no answer for great defensive players like Ryan Bowen and Danny Ferry.

There's a reason the Mavs held onto Shawn Bradley for so long.

Supergirl
11-08-2005, 01:58 PM
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

Especially trolls for teams that have exactly ZERO Championship banners hanging.

Despot
11-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey, be fair, when a team beats the defending Champions, that is the highlight of their season. At least give 'em that.

But really, the reason the mavs won is because their shot was on from the perimeter, no more, no less, not much you can do about that.2 games into the playoffs and Dirk will turn into jello, and they will start preparing for next year. I hope we don't play the Mavs in the playoffs this year, I just hate having to put wounded dogs to sleep.

Speaking of dogs, you know how you keep watching a team year after year, expecting them to do something, and they just continue to lay there??? It would be nice if the NBA had a Dog Meter....Hmmmm.....

Mr. Peabody
11-08-2005, 02:05 PM

It's doesn't matter. Mark Cuban would have sold his first-born child for the Mavs to have either of the "*" championships.
________
SensualDark cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SensualDark)

Despot
11-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Be fair. Dirk is super talented. Our team is just better in crunch time.

Oh yeah....he's ummm 7 foot.....and he has a jumpshot!
I'd say that makes him better than Rasho

I keed, I keed!

Mr. Peabody
11-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Oh yeah....he's ummm 7 foot.....and he has a jumpshot!
I'd say that makes him better than Rasho
I keed, I keed!

My red-hooded sweatshirt is better than Rasho.

http://adamsandler.jt.org/andrea/SNL/redhooded/red.jpg
________
ROLL A JOINT (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

angel_luv
11-08-2005, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't trade Rasho for anybody.

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 02:29 PM
My schizo cousin from the south side is better than Rasho

Mr. Peabody
11-08-2005, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't trade Rasho for anybody.

That's OK, teams wouldn't trade anybody for Rasho.
________
Vapor info (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

FoxMulder
11-08-2005, 02:51 PM
hhmpfff.... Dallas Mob

Ron Jeremy
11-08-2005, 04:14 PM
All you a holes who are bad mouthing Rasho are fighting to cut line to Toss Slomo's salad to get a Rasho jersey. :lmao

angel_luv
11-08-2005, 04:33 PM
That's OK, teams wouldn't trade anybody for Rasho.

Their loss is my great gain. =)

dknights411
11-08-2005, 04:57 PM
I just love it when Spurs haters talk smack in the FIRST WEEK of the season. Just shows how desperate they are to put us down.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Whoops, I thought this was the MLB forum since apparently someone is talking like you win championships in the fall. I think the Mavericks should have to change their names. My case for this is such: Brett Maverick (as played by Mel Gibson and James Garner) was a hot shot who came through in the clutch. Pete "Maverick" Mitchell (as played by a surprisingly sane and likeable Tom Cruise) was a hot shot who came through in the clutch. This just doesn't fit the Mavs. Perhaps they could be the Dallas Michael Biehns. Stay with me on this one-in movies such as Terminator, Aliens, and Navy S.E.A.L.s, Biehn played characters who were the heroes/leaders for all but the last 10 minutes or so of the movie until he gets killed or injured and the burden of actually finishing the job falls upon Linda Hamilton/Sigourney Weaver/Charlie Sheen. I don't quite know how the Spurs equate to any of those three, but I maintain that my idea is solid. ALL HAIL THE DALLAS MICHAEL BIEHNS!!!

Or perhaps the Bill Paxtons. That would be even better, as the above profile applies, only that Paxton was a somewhat whinier pussy in those three films mentioned above. Not only that but when they get swept out of the first round again the jumbotron can play the clip from Aliens. "Game over, man! GAME OVER!"

So the Dallas Bill Paxtons it is then.

Mavs<Spurs
11-08-2005, 06:50 PM
All you need to know about Allas (or should I spell it Alice- which Barkley no doubt would approve) is that their best post player, "the best center in the West" is oh what the heck is his name, oh yeah, Eric Dampier.

You are in trouble, big trouble, in the postseason when you are playing a 7 game series and have to rely upon outside jumpshots because Eric Dampier is your best post player.

Previous Spurs teams have started 3-1 or worse and won championships.

Mouse, you are right Alice is clearly the team to beat as their victories over Utah (oh, that's right, they lost) and Phoenix (w/o Amare, Q and Joe Johnson) whom they dominated by 1 point.

Championships, the only stat that matters, gives the lie to this post: Spurs 3 Alico 0.

Name one analyst not connected to the Spurs or the Mavericks who thinks that Dallas (1) is a better team than the Spurs and (2) thinks that they will advance past the Spurs in the playoffs.

For that matter, it would be hard to find posters of teams other than the Spurs and Mavs who believe either of the two contentions above.
People who know basketball and are not affiliated with either the Mavs or the Spurs do not believe either of those propositions.

The only people who believe them are fans of Alice who are trying to change reality by their wishing.

So far, of the last four games in which Tim Duncan has played, Alice has only managed one victory. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
A jumpshooting team does about equally well in the playoffs.

Jumping to a conclusion (breaking the Olympic record for the long jump) based upon the third game of the season has a name in logic: It is called hasty generalization (The proposition Alice won one game against the Spurs implies that Alice will win most games against the Spurs implies that Alice is better than the Spurs commits the logical fallacy of hasty generalization.)

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

caŽlo
11-08-2005, 09:18 PM
hey moron.

the thread title should be like this.

" _face it! until the Dallas beat the Spurs in the playoffs OR EVEN GET PAST IT? they are not worthy_ "

Suns Fan
11-08-2005, 11:18 PM
spurs_fan_in_exile
your funny , do you do stand up? :lmao

Themanrules
great post, you should write for the san antonio lightning, but you know deep down inside the Spurs have no answer for the 2005-2006 Dallas Mavericks.
as far as talking smack this soon? it's not mouse's fault the Spurs played Dallas this early, I am sure if the Spurs would have waxed the Mavericks this site would be just as excited, maybe even more. But you do bring up many good points, the only problem is? your a little to late, the points where needed Saturday night, :smokin

Carnie
11-08-2005, 11:28 PM
I just love it when Spurs haters talk smack in the FIRST WEEK of the season.

posting the facts , has little to do with hate,I don't hate the Spurs and yet I am smart enough to admit the Mavericks are the better team.
what week would you say if safe to talk smack?

Just shows how desperate they are to put us down.

Your the champs, get used to it , it comes with the whole Genie gig.

braeden0613
11-08-2005, 11:30 PM
threads like this are why spursreport is way better

Leetonidas
11-08-2005, 11:30 PM

And until Dallas can beat the Spurs in a playoff series they're just wasting their time. :)

mouse
11-09-2005, 12:46 AM
That's why your bored ass is over here :lol
SpursReport ?

you mean Romper Room, any place that needs more than 15 moderators is borderline Day care, besides how long would a topic like this last at HomerVille, before your MomBear moderator locks it? :lmao

If SR is better ? then I will just have to be happy with just plain good,

Leetonidas
11-09-2005, 12:54 AM

RACK! :pctoss

moose
11-09-2005, 01:14 AM

posts like that are why spursreport needs you!

Solid D
11-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Dirk will be singing a different tune...come June.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20051106/i/r2589837019.jpg

Dirk Nowitzki, "Mr. November"

Mavs<Spurs
11-09-2005, 01:45 AM
spurs_fan_in_exile
your funny , do you do stand up? :lmao

Themanrules
great post, you should write for the san antonio lightning, but you know deep down inside the Spurs have no answer for the 2005-2006 Dallas Mavericks.
as far as talking smack this soon? it's not mouse's fault the Spurs played Dallas this early, I am sure if the Spurs would have waxed the Mavericks this site would be just as excited, maybe even more. But you do bring up many good points, the only problem is? your a little to late, the points where needed Saturday night, :smokin

School started:

you are is spelled you're when you want to use a contraction, too late not to late, and were not where. As you appear to have great difficulties in reading and writing, this is probably pointless.

Go back and read my post and answer the points I made in a reasonable way and show how your premise that Alice is a better team than the Spurs and that Alice will get past the Spurs in the playoffs.

You never answered the points that I made. Until you do (which you can't in any reasonable and/or convincing way- convincing to most analysts or fans), you are showing that you know that what I am saying is true.

Because the Mavericks won the third game of the year at home against us, therefore, the Mavericks are better than us is logically flawed. By this line of reasoning, we end up in numerous contradictions. Numerous times, one bad or mediocre team has beaten a better team by a large margin. I can give you examples if you want them. This would force you into ridiculous positions. When you deny the logical conclusions of your argument, you are showing that you yourself know it's invalid. Hasty generalization.

Is it my fault that my classes have kept me busy? The truth is the truth, regardless of time.

What basketball analyst thinks that the Mavs are better than the Spurs and will advance past the Spurs in the playoffs? Name some.

The overwhelming majority of objective fans (not connected to either team) would disagree with both of these propositions. Why is this the case?

Suppose that Dallas loses by 19 points to some sorry team, like NOK Hornets or the Bobcats or the Hawks, does that mean that one of those teams is better than Alice?

If Spurs beat Utah handily, then the Spurs are greater than Utah which is greater than Alice.

Spurs have lost by a large margin to sorry teams before, but won a championship. Thus, one can use a counterexample to disprove your thesis (one bad loss means the Spurs are not as good as the team they lost to and won't win the championship). Avoid using special pleading while avoiding the conclusion which the counterexample leads to.

So, whatever conclusion you draw from Alice winning one game at home by a large margin, you clearly cannot rely upon it to take you to where you want to go with it.

What I want to know is: whose defense is worse, your defense or Alice's?Probably, the best way to answer the question is to say that neither of the two teams even tries to play defense. That's a major part of the reason why neither of your teams has won a championship.

Any one night, a jumpshooting team may catch on fire, especially at home. However, in a 7 game series, they normally do not fare well. Demonstrate how Alice is actually a team which has strong low post scorers.

I notice that you all have not won any championships either. There is a reason for this. Show how the Mavericks are a championship caliber team when they have never won a championship. For part b, do this also for the Suns.

You must be a member of the flat earth society. This not only follows from your numerous spelling problems, but your propagation on indefensible positions.

Will the Suns make the playoffs? I can't affirm that. Alice in the playoffs? Maybe.

Only absolute idiots think that Alice is better than the Spurs or will get past the Spurs in the playoffs.

Spurs: 3 Alice 0
Spurs: 3 Alice 0

If you want us to think that you are our equals, it might help if you had bothered to accomplish something (win some championships).

You must be a cokehead.

:fro

Drachen
11-09-2005, 02:21 AM
ok