PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Hayward?

smush
08-30-2020, 01:12 PM
Celtics need a upgrade up front. We can try Gordon for one year and he comes off the books.

Trade Lamarcus and Metu for him.

Rotation

Jakob
Gordon
demar
white
murray

Patty
Keldon
Walker
Gay
Eubanks/Lyles

Dejounte
08-30-2020, 01:13 PM
Kuzma?

exstatic
08-30-2020, 01:16 PM
China doll.

spurspl
08-30-2020, 01:44 PM
no signifiact change, gordon more injury prone, no thank u

smush
08-30-2020, 01:50 PM
I am just thinking about possibilities. Honestly I am starting to think we should just run it back and let the young guys play more. Rudy, Demar, Lamarcus, and Patty will be off the books after next season. I really don’t think we can get much in the market for the expiring contracts anyway. We have a bunch of cap room next summer.

DAF86
08-30-2020, 02:03 PM
Actually not a bad idea, tbh. Celtics would welcome with open arms the idea of turning Hayward into a center of Aldridge's quality. Hayward doesn't have much value right now, but he's still better than the nothing we have at SF. We might be able to extend him at a cheap price to be our backup SF for the next 3 years. If we can get another piece on the trade then it would be a bonus (maybe add Murray and we might be able to get one of their first round picks on this upcoming draft).

Another good thing about this trade is that PATFO wouldn't feel like they are doing Aldridge dirty since they would be trading him to a contender in a big market.

DAF86
08-30-2020, 02:04 PM
Actually not a bad idea, tbh. Celtics would welcome with open arms the idea of turning Hayward into a center of Aldridge's quality. Hayward doesn't have much value right now, but he's still better than the nothing we have at SF. We might be able to extend him at a cheap price to be our backup SF for the next 3 years. If we can get another piece on the trade then it would be a bonus (maybe add Murray and we might be able to get one of their first round picks on this upcoming draft).

Another good thing about this trade is that PATFO wouldn't feel like they are doing Aldridge dirty since they would be trading him to a contender in a big market.

Ignazzz
08-30-2020, 02:31 PM
Murray for late Boston’s pick? No thx

DAF86
08-30-2020, 02:41 PM
Murray for late Boston’s pick? No thx

I just want him traded before becoming a mediocre player doing 17 millions per year, tbh.

KobesAchilles
08-30-2020, 02:41 PM
I’ve been driving the Hayward to Spurs train for years now. Glad somebody is on my side lol bc these conversations have not gone well for me :lol

Maddog
08-30-2020, 02:57 PM
I think it's bit of a wash unless Boston gave up something and have no real incentive. Both on expiring contracts. Neither is really a long term building block (IMHO some may differ about Hayward).

exstatic
08-30-2020, 03:07 PM
I think it's bit of a wash unless Boston gave up something and have no real incentive. Both on expiring contracts. Neither is really a long term building block (IMHO some may differ about Hayward).

Hayward is a long term building block if you own a medical rehab equipment company...

spurraider21
08-30-2020, 03:09 PM
ive always liked hayward more than most. decent defender, good passer and shooter. would fit well here tbh... would make more sense if derozan were moved, though

Truth4sale$
08-30-2020, 03:33 PM
I like the idea of bringing in Gordon, but the Spurs would resign him for 4 years ,100 million...pass

Kurgan
08-30-2020, 03:52 PM
I just want him traded before becoming a mediocre player doing 17 millions per year, tbh.

Yeah, I'm growing impatient with Murray too. No excuse for his handles or shooting to still be so raw four years into his career. If his work ethic matched his ego, he'd already be well worth that contract.

Play Boban
08-30-2020, 04:03 PM
I really like Gordon. He’s a scrappy, high IQ, deceptively athletic gym rat tbh.

mo7888
08-30-2020, 04:29 PM
I like Gordon but, I wouldn't make that trade unless they were attaching a late 1st.

TD 21
08-30-2020, 04:59 PM
The Celtics aren't giving up a jack of all trades big wing for a 5 year older big, when they've been fine playing center by committee with Theis/Williamses/Kanter (Theis and R. Williams in particular are solid).

If anything, the backup four minutes are a bigger issue (Ojeleye, G. Williams).

Ibaka for the MLE would be ideal as he'd kill two birds with one stone.

phxspurfan
08-30-2020, 05:01 PM
Celtics need a upgrade up front. We can try Gordon for one year and he comes off the books.

Trade Lamarcus and Metu for him.

Rotation

Jakob
Gordon
demar
white
murray

Patty
Keldon
Walker
Gay
Eubanks/Lyles

This would be decent haul for LMA tbh. Hayward really needs a change of scenery and a team that needs him more. He could be our poor man's Manu.

phxspurfan
08-30-2020, 05:01 PM
The Celtics aren't giving up a jack of all trades big wing for a 5 year older big, when they've been fine playing center by committee with Theis/Williamses/Kanter (Theis and R. Williams in particular are solid).

Wow...Ibaka is like 50 years old at this point. Hell no

phxspurfan
08-30-2020, 05:02 PM
I really like Gordon. He’s a scrappy, high IQ, deceptively athletic gym rat tbh.

This. At some point his luck will turn

TD 21
08-30-2020, 05:03 PM

Ibaka is likely younger than Aldridge (his age has been questioned, but he's adamant it's true and either way I doubt it's off by 5 years) and has just had probably his two best seasons back to back.

He's primarily a center now, but can still play some four in certain matchups.

If not him, they (Celtics) can pursue Millsap or even someone like M. Williams.

R. DeMurre
08-30-2020, 05:08 PM

Ibaka is about to turn 31, and playing great.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/ibakase01.html

phxspurfan
08-30-2020, 05:09 PM
Ibaka is about to turn 31, and playing better than he's ever played before.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/ibakase01.html

He lies. He's not his stated age.

RC_Drunkford
08-30-2020, 05:11 PM
Mills and Gay for Hayward works money wise.

Aldridge/a new PF/Hayward/DeRozan/White is a playoff team

Of course nobody would want Gay and Mills but we can dream lol

R. DeMurre
08-30-2020, 05:14 PM
He lies. He's not his stated age.

In terms of points and rebounds per 36 min., he had the best year of his career this season.

objective
08-30-2020, 07:18 PM
Aldridge with his trade kicker is only 27.6. Hayward is rounded up to about 34.2.

There's no way the Spurs are taking on that kind of money with this broke ownership amid the pandemic.

It would probably have to add players, and the one that makes the most sense is Mills as he's old friends with LMA and the backcourt was fine without him in the bubble. Spurs have to take someone else back of course, but the money has to be equal or the Spurs taking back less.

And the Celtics would have to throw in one of their firsts if the Spurs aren't as dumb as their recent trade history suggests.

One other thing that would make it unlikely ....

Whether or not it would/could make a difference, I don't know, but Hayward is MAGA. That may or may not affect Pop's willingness to go along with such a deal. If Pop is traded to the Nets then no problem.

ZeusWillJudge
08-30-2020, 07:25 PM
Hayward is a long term building block if you own a medical rehab equipment company...

Shit. I was going to make a comment, but that says it all.

gambit1990
08-30-2020, 07:47 PM
would rather send out demar, rudy, and murray to okc for cp3 and bazley.

gambit1990
08-30-2020, 07:52 PM
then sign noel.

cp3 / patty
white / lonnie
bazley / keldon
la / luka
noel / poeltl

smush
08-30-2020, 07:54 PM
Aldridge with his trade kicker is only 27.6. Hayward is rounded up to about 34.2.

There's no way the Spurs are taking on that kind of money with this broke ownership amid the pandemic.

It would probably have to add players, and the one that makes the most sense is Mills as he's old friends with LMA and the backcourt was fine without him in the bubble. Spurs have to take someone else back of course, but the money has to be equal or the Spurs taking back less.

And the Celtics would have to throw in one of their firsts if the Spurs aren't as dumb as their recent trade history suggests.

One other thing that would make it unlikely ....

Whether or not it would/could make a difference, I don't know, but Hayward is MAGA. That may or may not affect Pop's willingness to go along with such a deal. If Pop is traded to the Nets then no problem.

Good points but it will work with Metu
The MAGA stuff is interesting.

Spurtacular
08-31-2020, 05:21 AM
If you can get Hayward for trash I'm all for it. I don't think give away any of the good chips; maybe Luka though. I'm not as yet sold on him.

Fireball
08-31-2020, 05:54 AM
no thanks ... we will have enough problems keeping Derrick White healthy ...

Maddog
08-31-2020, 06:12 AM

Great point.
I don't think he is a great building block even with good health. IF healthy he's a good addition to a team that's almost there.

cjw
08-31-2020, 09:35 AM

Exactly, it’s like people weren’t watching the Celtics. Center is not one of their concerns. Theis played well this year, and Kanter is fine as a backup big (if he opts in).

Ibaka for the MLE is the exact move I’d make especially if you could trade Aldridge for a big wing (and keep Poeltl). Alternatively, if you can find a S&T partner for Poeltl if you prefer to keep Aldridge. Ibaka should play mostly at the 5 and can stretch the floor, but excelled last year - albeit in limited minutes - playing alongside Gasol, so can spot you some minutes as a big lineup 4.

poopbox
08-31-2020, 12:24 PM
Glass Joe Gordon just got hurt reading this thread and is going to be out an additional 4 to 6 weeks

phxspurfan
08-31-2020, 12:32 PM
Exactly, it’s like people weren’t watching the Celtics. Center is not one of their concerns. Theis played well this year, and Kanter is fine as a backup big (if he opts in).

Ibaka for the MLE is the exact move I’d make especially if you could trade Aldridge for a big wing (and keep Poeltl). Alternatively, if you can find a S&T partner for Poeltl if you prefer to keep Aldridge. Ibaka should play mostly at the 5 and can stretch the floor, but excelled last year - albeit in limited minutes - playing alongside Gasol, so can spot you some minutes as a big lineup 4.

Ibaka for the MLE is fine. Ibaka for LMA is dumb.

TD 21
08-31-2020, 04:31 PM

I meant Ibaka for the Celtics.

I don't really see it for the Spurs, who'd have to create cap space to interest him (obviously not worth the trouble). If not for being able to offer significantly more than the MLE, there's no reason he'd want to sign with a non contender.