PDA

View Full Version : Bucks: Is there a more underwhelming Playoff performer in the last 20 years than Giannis?

apalisoc_9
08-31-2020, 09:00 PM
DPOY and MVP same year
Back to back MVP

But when they play actual teams in a playoff setting, he barely contributes at an all-star level.

He feuds with Fraudin a lot but at least fraudin is an all star level player in the playoff but obviously not as good as his stat padding regular season self.

baseline bum
08-31-2020, 09:03 PM
Oh well, at least the Clippers will have to raise their banner in an empty arena.

apalisoc_9
08-31-2020, 09:05 PM
Oh well, at least the Clippers will have to raise their banner in an empty arena.

Lakers imo.

R. DeMurre
08-31-2020, 09:07 PM
He had five monster games in a row in the first round. Yeah, he should've done more this game, but 18/10/9 isn't exactly pedestrian either.

Down Under
08-31-2020, 10:38 PM
I'll give him one more year cause he's only 25...

lefty
08-31-2020, 10:38 PM
Ah monkeyballing

MultiTroll
08-31-2020, 11:41 PM
He had five monster games in a row in the first round. Yeah, he should've done more this game, but 18/10/9 isn't exactly pedestrian either.
+ he was not guarding Butler and Drazic.

That was the ballgame.

TDMVPDPOY
09-01-2020, 12:26 AM
playing out of position against midgets to pad his stats

Jules_Winnfield
09-01-2020, 07:21 AM
He’s the perfect Robin for Luka tbh. It’ll never happen, but putting himself in a situation where he can play freely and all the pressure to create is on Luka is exactly where Giannis would thrive most.

Doncic, Antetokounmpo, Porzingis in 2021, I wanna see that team.

Luka as a ball handler and Giannis as a roll man could work. :lmao

lefty
09-01-2020, 09:40 AM
:lol Gianus

ambchang
09-01-2020, 10:44 AM
This is what happens to bigs when they don’t have good perimeter players.

JamStone
09-01-2020, 11:31 AM
I actually think his team is built well around him. He just shouldn’t close games. He can carry the team for the first 44 minutes. But then let someone else who is more skilled, better at creating their own shot especially when defense tightens and doubles come, and can knock down free throws at a consistently high clip. I don’t know that Middleton can do that as the #1 option. But it just shouldn’t be the Freak until his skills get better.

He’s this generation’s Shaq. Different body type, different style of play. Same issues finishing games as THE guy.

As a League MVP and a guy that collects all this praise as one of the best players in the world, can his ego allow him to take a backseat in crunch time?

lefty
09-01-2020, 11:43 AM
I actually think his team is built well around him. He just shouldn’t close games. He can carry the team for the first 44 minutes. But then let someone else who is more skilled, better at creating their own shot especially when defense tightens and doubles come, and can knock down free throws at a consistently high clip. I don’t know that Middleton can do that as the #1 option. But it just shouldn’t be the Freak until his skills get better.

He’s this generation’s Shaq. Different body type, different style of play. Same issues finishing games as THE guy.

As a League MVP and a guy that collects all this praise as one of the best players in the world, can his ego allow him to take a backseat in crunch time?

I don’t think the team is ideally built around him

Middleton isn’t so great at creating his own shot
Bledsoe is not a playoff performer
None of his teammates are great consistent 3 pt shooters
Korver can shoot but when he’s on the court it’s pretty much 4vs5 defensively

Kawhitstorm
09-01-2020, 02:38 PM

They can use someone like Lemon Pepper Lou who they can hide on defense. Maybe CJ/Middleton swap.

Seventyniner
09-01-2020, 03:43 PM
I always pronounced that username as Quit-Storm (like kuh-WIT-storm), even before Number Two actually quit on the Spurs. It ended up being propheitc :cry

therealtruth
09-01-2020, 03:44 PM
Coach Bud is continuing the Pop tradition of dominating in the regular season and not showing up in the playoffs.

KobesAchilles
09-01-2020, 03:53 PM
I think Westbrook is up there. Dude constantly chokes in the clutch like Giannis and can’t finish games by himself. Remember the 20 missed shots in the 4th quarter :lol

Arcadian
09-01-2020, 04:02 PM
I always pronounced that username as Quit-Storm (like kuh-WIT-storm), even before Number Two actually quit on the Spurs. It ended up being propheitc :cry

:lol Same here

Clipper Nation
09-01-2020, 05:59 PM
James "2-17" Frauden.

daslicer
09-01-2020, 06:59 PM
If he doesn't win it all this year then he's going to have a David Robinson like career trajectory. In the case he loses this year then he might have to team up with a player better than him if he ever wants to win a ring.

ambchang
09-01-2020, 09:43 PM

I see him closer to David Robison where the games are purely based on athleticism. The bucks need to have a guy who can create shots with giannis finishing ( like Stockton and Malone) then surround them with three point shooters.

Also in :lol today’s nba, bigs creating is just not as effective.

DAF86
09-01-2020, 11:03 PM

I will never understand why they chose Bledsoe over Brogdon.

DAF86
09-01-2020, 11:06 PM
James "2-17" Frauden.

Damn, lots of underserved clutch fame guys in there. :lol

Spurtacular
09-02-2020, 05:04 AM
OP will be endlessly sucking GA's dick the second he rings, tbh.

Spurtacular
09-02-2020, 05:05 AM

I've said it time and time again that you put PP with Shaq and Gasol and he has at least five rings, too.

TD 21
09-02-2020, 06:31 PM
Don't know. Do know that he's on a flawed team and (so far) hasn't taken the easy way out like a certain Scumbag, who needs contrived, pristine circumstances, including the most complete team in the league, to win.

Somehow, this earns him acclaim and players like Antetokounmpo ridicule.

daslicer
09-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Don't know. Do know that he's on a flawed team and (so far) hasn't taken the easy way out like a certain Scumbag, who needs contrived, pristine circumstances, including the most complete team in the league, to win.

It's unfortunately always been like that. When you win in this league nobody cares how you did it as long as you won. The only guy I can see where this wasn't true was Durant but for everybody else it's been that way.

TDfan2007
09-02-2020, 07:30 PM
Winning changes perception and takes focus off of one's flaws. If the Bucks win, "Giannis' near triple double leads Milwaukee to victory."

Most bigs aren't closers. Very few in the history of the NBA have had that ability, like Dirk and Timmy. Giannis needs an all-star level perimeter playmaker for 4th quarters in the playoffs, which is fine. Shaq did too

Kawhitstorm
09-02-2020, 07:48 PM

I believe Bledsoe gave them a discount so they didn't have to pay tax.

MultiTroll
09-02-2020, 07:56 PM
Bucks guards are pathetic.

Timmy Duncan got beat in the 1st round when he had to endure Pop n Bonner.
So i don't blame Freak.

Kawhitstorm
09-02-2020, 08:17 PM
Bucks guards are pathetic.

Timmy Duncan got beat in the 1st round when he had to endure Pop n Bonner.
So i don't blame Freak.

MVP Timmay didn't lose in the 1st round, he was TOSB at that point.

MultiTroll
09-02-2020, 08:24 PM
MVP Timmay didn't lose in the 1st round, he was TOSB at that point.
lol b.s.

Came back and won back to back Chips in 2013 and 14.
MVP of '13. Oh wait. Popped.

Kawhitstorm
09-02-2020, 08:25 PM

Kawhi can put up an efficient 30/10 on ANY team and against ANY team & Lowry/Van Vleet/Siakam/Poop need him instead of the other way around. Giannis has to play like an MVP before complaining about a "flawed" 60 win team. KG/TMac got theirs & lost b/c their support cast was a bunch of journeymen. MVP Giannis literally got sonned by Butler who's basically dollar store Kawhi.

Kawhitstorm
09-02-2020, 08:26 PM
lol b.s.

Came back and won back to back Chips in 2013 and 14.
MVP of '13. Oh wait. Popped.

Yeah, that was STILL half of what he was during his PEAK. There are different levels of TOSB & it's in relative to their PRIME not Al Horford's.

daslicer
09-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Game 3 will be a legacy game for Giannis. He can't get swept by Miami it will be a very bad look for him.

therealtruth
09-03-2020, 01:15 AM
Bud is the guy you want for regular season championships but he just can't get it done in the postseason. It's clear the mentally tougher team. It starts from the top down.

endrity
09-03-2020, 02:35 AM
He's young enough to change his career path.

Harden is already over 30, and at this point his playoff choking has become a yearly ritual.

DMC
09-03-2020, 08:23 AM
This year is a wash, no one gives a shit who wins.

Will Hunting
09-03-2020, 09:20 AM
I don't think they really made a conscious decision to. They traded for Bledsoe and gave him a huge extension, the when Brogdon hit free agencies they realized oh shit we can't afford him now. Fucking stupid either way, Brogdon is better on both ends of the court.

Michael Jordan.
09-03-2020, 09:24 AM
I think it’s a little harsh to call Giannis a “Pippen who needs a Jordan”, but he’s also clearly not 100% an alpha. I remember someone said he’s more of a “Shaq who needs a Kobe/Wade” and that’s probably closer to being accurate.
Comparing Giannis to Shaq is damn disrespectful. Giannis literally cannot do anything besides dunk On breakaways and can’t overpower anybody

Michael Jordan.
09-03-2020, 09:26 AM
I mean goddamn this man has a damn good team around him and is still getting his shit pushed in

Dirks_Finale
09-03-2020, 09:35 AM
I think it’s a little harsh to call Giannis a “Pippen who needs a Jordan”, but he’s also clearly not 100% an alpha. I remember someone said he’s more of a “Shaq who needs a Kobe/Wade” and that’s probably closer to being accurate.

Shaq at his peak (during 3-peat) was one of the most dominant players in the history of the game. Three straight finals MVP's means he was an alpha. So don't see the comparison.

Giannis is 25, so the jury is still out on him, though.

JamStone
09-03-2020, 09:50 AM
I’ve made the comparison to Shaq before. And I didn’t mean for it to be an apples to apples comparison. Obviously two different players. But I think they have similarities. Both dominant scorers inside. And while he doesn’t punish guys exactly like Shaq did, he does use his own type of bully ball, while also using both his athleticism and length to do it.

Both put up MVP type production, based primarily by being freak physical specimens and most damage scoring inside. But both guys lack a skill level and a shooting acuity particularly at the free throw line you’d prefer from a closer. In crunchtime, defense tightens, doubles, sometimes triple teams come, they start to hack you to prevent easy buckets inside. That’s why in the crunchtime minutes of a close game, you prefer the ball in a more skilled player’s hands, after riding their backs for the first 40+ minutes.

He’s not the same player as Shaq. But there are similar issues as to why he probably needs a 1b to his 1a or a 1a to his 1b, however you’d label it.

Dirks_Finale
09-03-2020, 10:04 AM
I’ve made the comparison to Shaq before. And I didn’t mean for it to be an apples to apples comparison. Obviously two different players. But I think they have similarities. Both dominant scorers inside. And while he doesn’t punish guys exactly like Shaq did, he does use his own type of bully ball, while also using both his athleticism and length to do it.

Both put up MVP type production, based primarily by being freak physical specimens and most damage scoring inside. But both guys lack a skill level and a shooting acuity particularly at the free throw line you’d prefer from a closer. In crunchtime, defense tightens, doubles, sometimes triple teams come, they start to hack you to prevent easy buckets inside. That’s why in the crunchtime minutes of a close game, you prefer the ball in a more skilled player’s hands, after riding their backs for the first 40+ minutes.

He’s not the same player as Shaq. But there are similar issues as to why he probably needs a 1b to his 1a or a 1a to his 1b, however you’d label it.

On that aspect of his game, I see it.:clap

Dirk received similar criticisms and eventually won with no other current all stars. So maybe the judging of Giannis is premature at 25. (not saying you are doing it)

Michael Jordan.
09-03-2020, 01:58 PM
Shaq was still dominant on his own and had a post game. What does Giannis have again?

Michael Jordan.
09-03-2020, 02:01 PM
I mean :lol

Michael Jordan.
09-03-2020, 02:05 PM
So before you say he needs a dominant guard, though Middleton is a forward and pretty damn good, Giannis needs to develop more than one move

Michael Jordan.
09-03-2020, 02:21 PM
2 MVP’s over your choking bitch superstar, no wonder you’re so salty :lmao
And down 2-0 to Jimmy Butler. You can’t be damn near 7 feet and be fucking soft

Michael Jordan.
09-03-2020, 02:22 PM
Middleton is a shooter, he has no handle and can’t create. :lmao equating Middleton to Kobe/Wade, how desperate do you have to be.
Can’t see where I equated him to either one. I equated him to helping Giannis to 56 wins

Michael Jordan.
09-03-2020, 02:28 PM
Wait a minute. This motherfucker only has a shooting percentage of 16% When he shoots outside of 3 feet from the rim :lmao

daslicer
09-03-2020, 02:32 PM
Giannis needs to develop a jump hook.

Michael Jordan.
09-03-2020, 02:59 PM
I’ll play along and break it down more specifically for you

https://scontent.fiws1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/118702482_4755070244518285_2380928435217221423_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=xZBbr8tzGoIAX_GVjbu&_nc_ht=scontent.fiws1-1.fna&tp=14&oh=efb480073db432c1c1b0cba7dbb78f81&oe=5F780FC0

Michael Jordan.
09-03-2020, 02:59 PM
16% 3-10 feet! And worse. But sure, go ahead and take those 14% from 3 numbers. Hell of a juggernaut

TD 21
09-03-2020, 03:12 PM
It's unfortunately always been like that. When you win in this league nobody cares how you did it as long as you won. The only guy I can see where this wasn't true was Durant but for everybody else it's been that way.

Unfortunately mostly true, but I've heard plenty of these pukes try to qualify and downplay the Spurs success.

Kawhi can put up an efficient 30/10 on ANY team and against ANY team & Lowry/Van Vleet/Siakam/Poop need him instead of the other way around. Giannis has to play like an MVP before complaining about a "flawed" 60 win team. KG/TMac got theirs & lost b/c their support cast was a bunch of journeymen. MVP Giannis literally got sonned by Butler who's basically dollar store Kawhi.

Sure he can, so long as he rests when he sees fit (110 games in the last 3 seasons), has the most complete team in the league and catches opponent luck in terms of injuries/matchups . . . outside of those pristine circumstances, he's done nothing but underwhelm as the best player on a team.

Jules_Winnfield
09-03-2020, 04:00 PM

https://scontent.fiws1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/118702482_4755070244518285_2380928435217221423_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=xZBbr8tzGoIAX_GVjbu&_nc_ht=scontent.fiws1-1.fna&tp=14&oh=efb480073db432c1c1b0cba7dbb78f81&oe=5F780FC0

https://media.tenor.com/images/f5686ca7fa5ad463b1e1d6d147e2ce38/tenor.gif

daslicer
09-03-2020, 04:17 PM
Unfortunately mostly true, but I've heard plenty of these pukes try to qualify and downplay the Spurs success.

That's due to Duncan refusing to be a media and corporate whore. If he had gone the other route in his career the Spurs and him would have gotten a lot of credit. #2 is getting a lot of love now simply because him and his people have made it clear that he wants to be a corporate whore and that he plays in the second biggest market. It's the biggest reason why you see the media cover for his boring dull personality by saying stupid shit like "He's a very funny guy." They never did for Duncan simply because he wasn't willing to be down with corporate interests.

TD 21
09-03-2020, 04:39 PM
That's due to Duncan refusing to be a media and corporate whore. If he had gone the other route in his career the Spurs and him would have gotten a lot of credit. #2 is getting a lot of love now simply because him and his people have made it clear that he wants to be a corporate whore and that he plays in the second biggest market. It's the biggest reason why you see the media cover for his boring dull personality by saying stupid shit like "He's a very funny guy." They never did for Duncan simply because he wasn't willing to be down with corporate interests.

That helps, but I still don't think they'd have done the same for Duncan. A soft spoken, below the rim big man from a different culture, is probably a tough sell to casuals, who make up the majority of any fan base in any sport.

daslicer
09-03-2020, 05:04 PM
That helps, but I still don't think they'd have done the same for Duncan. A soft spoken, below the rim big man from a different culture, is probably a tough sell to casuals, who make up the majority of any fan base in any sport.

People can say I'm biased but #2 has a lot less charisma than Duncan and is more dull than him but the media is still trying hard to sell him to casuals. I can't just get over how the media gushes at whatever #2 says for example #2 could say "I need to go to the bathroom." Media "Ha ha ha #2 says he has to go to the bathroom this guy is just too funny." If Duncan decided to be a corporate whore and play in a big market I think they would have done the same for him as they are doing for #2. I think Duncan being a gamer would make him much more popular since all the kids and young adults today are gamers versus back when Duncan was in his prime. The media would have played that up a lot today.

TDfan2007
09-03-2020, 05:06 PM
People can say I'm biased but #2 has a lot less charisma than Duncan and is more dull than him but the media is still trying hard to sell him to casuals. I can't just get over how the media gushes at whatever #2 says for example #2 could say "I need to go to the bathroom." Media "Ha ha ha #2 says he has to go to the bathroom this guy is just too funny." If Duncan decided to be a corporate whore and play in a big market I think they would have done the same for him as they are doing for #2. I think Duncan being a gamer would make him much more popular since all the kids and young adults today are gamers versus back when Duncan was in his prime. The media would have played that up a lot today.

Idk, I feel like most casual fans still liked Timmy. In his prime, he was always in the top15 for jersey sales and was voted an all star starter every year.

daslicer
09-03-2020, 05:11 PM
Idk, I feel like most casual fans still liked Timmy. In his prime, he was always in the top15 for jersey sales and was voted an all star starter every year.

Agreed. I think there was a stretch where he was top 5 in jersey sales but I'll have to look it up. I do remember Duncan always getting voted as a starter for at least I think 10 or 12 straight years. One thing is different though Duncan never got the love #2 does from the media when he was in his prime.

daslicer
09-03-2020, 05:18 PM
This thread has nothing to do with the Spurs, you faggots have your own forum for this, so piss off

Threads get hijacked all over ST you should know that by now for example in the Spurs forum you have a bunch threads hijacked by politics.

Neo.
09-03-2020, 06:25 PM

wow ur an idiot

Rummpd
09-03-2020, 07:54 PM
Nash the anointed coachwhen it counted then the freak - short list

Clipper Nation
09-04-2020, 10:46 AM
And down 2-0 to Jimmy Butler. You can’t be damn near 7 feet and be fucking soft
:lol Frauden barely squeaked past Luguenz Dort. Rockets fans shouldn't be talking.

Clipper Nation
09-04-2020, 10:49 AM
Imagine what Frauden's fluffers would be saying if Giannis shot 4-15 in an elimination game like their guy just did - while also getting badly outplayed by a rookie UDFA.

Kawhitstorm
09-04-2020, 11:35 AM
Sure he can, so long as he rests when he sees fit (110 games in the last 3 seasons), has the most complete team in the league and catches opponent luck in terms of injuries/matchups . . . outside of those pristine circumstances, he's done nothing but underwhelm as the best player on a team.

HOW DARE A GUY WITH A DEGENERATIVE CONDITION SIT OUT A REGULAR SEASON GAME AGAINST LOTTO TEAMS LIKE THE SPERMS INSTEAD OF PLAYOFF GAMES LIKE WADE?!?!

And speaking of those “complete teams” loaded with all-time greats like Siakam/Van Vleet, based on that logic then Magic/Bird/Jordan/Shaq don’t deserve credit. Also, please remind me of a chip the warriors won without an opponent being injured? Never mind, 90% of the championship teams are illegitimate.:dramaquee #staySalty

BTW, forgot to address your "outside of those pristine circumstances, he's done nothing but underwhelm as the best player on a team"

Let's see, he has had 4 All-Star seasons with one of them being this season. So, your referendum applies to 3 postseason run.

-'16: Kawhi/Softridge neutralized Durant/Westbrook but Timmay/Diaw/D-Worst got destroyed by Adams/Kanter.
-'17: Zaza
-'19: Chip

So, you're telling me Kawhi essentially going 1-1 (w/ '16 being a co-star role) is proof that he's underwhelming as "the best player on a team". :sleep

P.S. If you're going to claim Kawhi was the best player on the team in '15 (Timmay led the team in RS WS: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2015.html#advanced::20) then he was also the best player in '14 (Kawhi led the team in RS WS: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2014.html#advanced::20) thus his record would be 2-2 & he's only getting better.:toast (But...but...but..they those were :crypristine circumstances:cry)

i'm_still_beta
09-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Similar to DRob

Neo.
09-04-2020, 12:54 PM
HOW DA:cryRE A GUY WITH A DEGENERATIVE CONDITION SIT OUT A REGULAR SEASON GAM:cryE AGAINST LOTTO TEAMS LIKE THE SPERMS INSTEAD OF PLAYOFF GAMES L:cryIKE WADE?!?!

And speaking of those “complete:cry teams” loaded with all-time greats like Siakam/Van Vleet, based on that logic then :cryMagic/Bird/Jordan/Shaq don’t deserve credit. Also, please remind me of a chip the war:cryriors won without an opponent being injure:cryd? Never mind, 90% of the :cryhampionship teams are illegitimate.:dramaquee #staySalty:cry:cry:cry:cry

Chucho
09-04-2020, 01:08 PM
Kobe in 99-04

Kobe in 07 (LOL, up 3-1)

Kobe in '10-13

Anytime Carmelo was the No. 1 option on his team. Pip without Black Trump holding his hand. LBJ is up there as well. Pat Riley Knicks teams. Teams coached by Budz.

TD 21
09-04-2020, 06:07 PM
HOW DARE A GUY WITH A DEGENERATIVE CONDITION SIT OUT A REGULAR SEASON GAME AGAINST LOTTO TEAMS LIKE THE SPERMS INSTEAD OF PLAYOFF GAMES LIKE WADE?!?!

And speaking of those “complete teams” loaded with all-time greats like Siakam/Van Vleet, based on that logic then Magic/Bird/Jordan/Shaq don’t deserve credit. Also, please remind me of a chip the warriors won without an opponent being injured? Never mind, 90% of the championship teams are illegitimate.:dramaquee #staySalty

BTW, forgot to address your "outside of those pristine circumstances, he's done nothing but underwhelm as the best player on a team"

Let's see, he has had 4 All-Star seasons with one of them being this season. So, your referendum applies to 3 postseason run.

-'16: Kawhi/Softridge neutralized Durant/Westbrook but Timmay/Diaw/D-Worst got destroyed by Adams/Kanter.
-'17: Zaza
-'19: Chip

So, you're telling me Kawhi essentially going 1-1 (w/ '16 being a co-star role) is proof that he's underwhelming as "the best player on a team". :sleep

P.S. If you're going to claim Kawhi was the best player on the team in '15 (Timmay led the team in RS WS: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2015.html#advanced::20) then he was also the best player in '14 (Kawhi led the team in RS WS: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2014.html#advanced::20) thus his record would be 2-2 & he's only getting better.:toast (But...but...but..they those were :crypristine circumstances:cry)

:lmao Raging and describing 110 as "a regular season game"
:lmao Thinking the caliber of team matters (typical hipster NBA fan with the classism high-school bullshit)

The Raptors had a deep team and rotation stocked with average or better 3-point shooters and defenders at every position and most of them can make plays too, either in a primary or secondary fashion.

He wet the bed in '15 and had to be bailed out by Duncan. When Duncan could no longer cover for him in '16 when he did so again, they flamed out despite being overwhelming favorites (I never considered them to be though). Then he quit in '17 due to an ankle injury.

Keep :cry though because outside of the ass kissing media and the fans of his team of the moment, people don't respect this puke, including a lot of his peers.

Kawhitstorm
09-04-2020, 07:21 PM
:lmao Raging and describing 110 as "a regular season game"
:lmao Thinking the caliber of team matters (typical hipster NBA fan with the classism high-school bullshit)

The Raptors had a deep team and rotation stocked with average or better 3-point shooters and defenders at every position and most of them can make plays too, either in a primary or secondary fashion.

He wet the bed in '15 and had to be bailed out by Duncan. When Duncan could no longer cover for him in '16 when he did so again, they flamed out despite being overwhelming favorites (I never considered them to be though). Then he quit in '17 due to an ankle injury.

Keep :cry though because outside of the ass kissing media and the fans of his team of the moment, people don't respect this puke, including a lot of his peers.

So, 2-2 as the “best player”? Got it! (Btw, opponents shyt their pants out of respect)

It also funny how Kawhi fits wherever he goes but Giannis/Harden had teams constructed around them but their team is somehow “imperfect”. You would have still been hanging on to the same straw man “pristine” narrative had Kawhi swapped place with either one.

Michael Jordan.
09-04-2020, 08:03 PM

is this y’all bitch? :lmao

Michael Jordan.
09-04-2020, 08:05 PM
1302047841951592448:lmao :lmao

Neo.
09-04-2020, 08:06 PM

:lmao dodging this

Michael Jordan.
09-04-2020, 08:09 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Clipper Nation
09-04-2020, 08:11 PM
Could be worse. Luguenz Dort could have spent an entire series making Giannis his bitch.

Michael Jordan.
09-04-2020, 08:12 PM

:lmao

Michael Jordan.
09-04-2020, 08:13 PM

:rollin

RD2191
09-04-2020, 08:14 PM
I'm always right about everything, people overrating the shit out of Giannis, ranking him above Kawhi, lmaooo. Fuck outta here.

Michael Jordan.
09-04-2020, 08:15 PM

Clipper Nation
09-04-2020, 08:16 PM
I'm always right about everything, people overrating the shit out of Giannis, ranking him above Kawhi, lmaooo. Fuck outta here.

He was never better than Kawhi, but he still shits on Frauden, tbh. Frauden wouldn't even make the playoffs if his best teammate was Khris Middleton.

Michael Jordan.
09-04-2020, 08:17 PM

Michael Jordan.
09-04-2020, 08:19 PM

Kawhitstorm
09-04-2020, 08:20 PM
He was never better than Kawhi, but he still shits on Frauden, tbh. Frauden wouldn't even make the playoffs if his best teammate was Khris Middleton.
TD 21 claim your 82 game chumps :donkey

Michael Jordan.
09-04-2020, 08:20 PM
Being swept in the fucking EAST!:lmao

Harden Made the playoffs with Jeremy Lin and Chandler Parsons. Fuck out of here bitty boo

Michael Jordan.
09-04-2020, 08:22 PM
Wesley Johnson + Muscle Milk :lmao

HarlemHeat37
09-04-2020, 10:59 PM
He's being exposed, but his supporting cast is really bad. Typical RS players benefiting from a system, but unable to do anything in the playoffs. Middleton is a #3 at best, Bledsoe isn't a player that belongs on a winning team, Korver/Connaughton/Divincienzo aren't legit NBA players, etc.

Clipper Nation
09-04-2020, 11:42 PM
Anytime Carmelo was the No. 1 option on his team.
I'll never forget Melo getting clamped for an entire series by QRoss.

09-04-2020, 11:48 PM
:lol building around a player with no jumpshot in 2020

DAF86
09-05-2020, 12:01 AM
Wesley Johnson + Muscle Milk :lmao

Remember when you got mad because I ranked Kawhi over Harden? You even thought Kawhi wasn't better than Aldridge. I mean, how fucking out of touch did you have to be to think Kawhi wasn't already one of the top 5 players in the World by 2017? Damn, you are one dumb motherfucker :lol.

No wonder you can't tell the difference between % of field goals taken by distance and % of field goals made by distance. Thinking a guy that makes only 16% of his field goals beyond 3 feet would win MVP. :lol

daslicer
09-05-2020, 12:06 AM
He's being exposed, but his supporting cast is really bad. Typical RS players benefiting from a system, but unable to do anything in the playoffs. Middleton is a #3 at best, Bledsoe isn't a player that belongs on a winning team, Korver/Connaughton/Divincienzo aren't legit NBA players, etc.

I agree with everything you said. At best Middleton is a borderline fringe all-star but definitely not a legit #2 guy.

anon
09-05-2020, 12:26 AM
Ben Simmons
Russell Westbrook
Lebron James
Pascal Siakam
Giannis Antetokounmpo

All the same player in different bodies

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2020, 08:59 AM
Remember when you got mad because I ranked Kawhi over Harden? You even thought Kawhi wasn't better than Aldridge. I mean, how fucking out of touch did you have to be to think Kawhi wasn't already one of the top 5 players in the World by 2017? Damn, you are one dumb motherfucker :lol.

No wonder you can't tell the difference between % of field goals taken by distance and % of field goals made by distance. Thinking a guy that makes only 16% of his field goals beyond 3 feet would win MVP. :lol
Ranking Manu over Dirk :lmao

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2020, 09:02 AM

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2020, 09:04 AM
Oh and making excuses for this motherfucker in the East :rollin

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Doesn’t have enough help. Well tell that bitch to stop getting outscored by Brook Lopez

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2020, 09:12 AM

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2020, 09:16 AM
1302248844915339264:lmao

Neo.
09-05-2020, 09:22 AM

lol thinking one decent opinion makes up for a lifetime of awful ones

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2020, 09:25 AM

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2020, 09:32 AM

DAF86
09-05-2020, 10:22 AM
lol thinking one decent opinion makes up for a lifetime of awful ones

One decent opinion? :lol Dude, I can quote post after post of legendary correct takes on this forum. You, on the other hand, are so fucking awful that won't even dare posting with your original account anymore. :lol

dbreiden83080
09-05-2020, 10:58 AM
If you look at it from a numbers standpoint, they all look good..

27.6 and 15 per game this playoffs through 8 games.. All in just 33 Min (WTF is up with that Coach Bud)

But the inability to get his own shot in that half court set is pretty embarrassing TBH.. He's got no Jumper, no low post game, FT's are terrible.. Everything is just drive to the bucket.. People questioning these likely back to back league MVP's are right to do so at this point..

dbreiden83080
09-05-2020, 11:02 AM
I'll give him one more year cause he's only 25...

Youth is still on his side. But this Bucks team was on pace for 70 wins at one point this season.. To go out with a complete whimper like this in the 2nd round, is a massive cluster fuck. Now Giannis will be motivated to pull the usual Superstar BS.. Joining up with all star players.. I'd like to see the Bucks keep trying to build it.. But he is probably leaving..

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2020, 11:08 AM

dbreiden83080
09-05-2020, 11:14 AM

Yikes!!!

Rummpd
09-05-2020, 11:17 AM
Have not been watching much that series - is it mainly single coverage on him?

TDfan2007
09-05-2020, 12:25 PM

Yeah, but you've gotta at least get a game, right? It's not like they're going against a powerhouse. Miami is full of unproven players who haven't even had a full season together, and they're going against the league's "best" team with the MVP. I can't recall an upset this jarring since I started watching the nba, tbh

TDfan2007
09-05-2020, 12:31 PM
This is on the level of 2007 Dirk against the Warriors...just embarrassing.

TDfan2007
09-05-2020, 12:31 PM
If you look at it from a numbers standpoint, they all look good..

27.6 and 15 per game this playoffs through 8 games.. All in just 33 Min (WTF is up with that Coach Bud)

But the inability to get his own shot in that half court set is pretty embarrassing TBH.. He's got no Jumper, no low post game, FT's are terrible.. Everything is just drive to the bucket.. People questioning these likely back to back league MVP's are right to do so at this point..

Those numbers are inflated by playing against a magic team that had no business being in the playoffs. Now that he's facing an actual playoff caliber team like Miami, it's getting ugly... And fast

daslicer
09-05-2020, 12:33 PM
Yeah, but you've gotta at least get a game, right? It's not like they're going against a powerhouse. Miami is full of unproven players who haven't even had a full season together, and they're going against the league's "best" team with the MVP. I can't recall an upset this jarring since I started watching the nba, tbh

Agreed. I will say this I do believe the pandemic break caused the Bucks to lose the great chemistry they had established prior to the pandemic. They were never got back to their high level of play in the bubble. It kind of reminds of how the Spurs despite having the best record in '11 fell apart chemistry wise during the last 20 games of the regular season and ended up losing to the Grizzlies. Spurs were smart enough not to break up that team but to make the trade to get #2 to upgrade their perimeter defense weaknesses. Bucks need to make some moves during the off-season to sure up some of the weaknesses they have.

i'm_still_beta
09-05-2020, 12:43 PM

Dude, you've made a little mistake

dbreiden83080
09-05-2020, 02:09 PM

The Bubble I think is a factor.. They look disinterested to an extent. No HC does suck when you work so hard all year long to earn it.. But the level of play has been hideous for the Bucks.. Nobody really playing well.. They played excellent D most of the year.. It's gone down the drain..

Those numbers are inflated by playing against a magic team that had no business being in the playoffs. Now that he's facing an actual playoff caliber team like Miami, it's getting ugly... And fast

He can't get his own shot half court.. It was the same as last year in the Raptors series.. He needs something, anything in terms of some low post moves.. But nobody plays that way anymore.. It's killing him IMO..

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2020, 02:33 PM
https://i.ibb.co/5rrq0rj/hqdefault.jpg

TD 21
09-05-2020, 02:45 PM
So, 2-2 as the “best player”? Got it! (Btw, opponents shyt their pants out of respect)

It also funny how Kawhi fits wherever he goes but Giannis/Harden had teams constructed around them but their team is somehow “imperfect”. You would have still been hanging on to the same straw man “pristine” narrative had Kawhi swapped place with either one.

No, failed miserably under not pristine circumstances and has only so far succeeded with him. True to form in this era, he's unwilling to compete without them, so unfortunately, like Durant and Curry, we'll probably never know.

TD 21 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17781) claim your 82 game chumps :donkey

I never claimed the Bucks. I've never believed in them, never wavered on the Raptors beating them last year, thought they might again and that the Clippers definitely would.

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2020, 05:11 PM
:lmao wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

D-Wade
09-05-2020, 05:28 PM

Damn

Neo.
09-05-2020, 05:57 PM
One decent opinion? :lol Dude, I can quote post after post of legendary correct takes on this forum. You, on the other hand, are so fucking awful that won't even dare posting with your original account anymore. :lol

lol slobbing your own knob

Kawhitstorm
09-06-2020, 08:37 AM

This is the equivalent of LeBrat quitting on the ‘10 Cavs

KobesAchilles
09-06-2020, 08:48 AM
If you watched the end of game 3, you could see Giannis had already quit on his team the second he got hurt. Dude looks like he’s never played hurt before and had no idea what to do. You could tell he didn’t want to be out there but Bud wouldn’t pull him :lol

lefty
09-06-2020, 09:21 AM
https://i.ibb.co/5rrq0rj/hqdefault.jpg

:lol hey fuck u tbh

Neo.
09-06-2020, 11:41 AM

beats exaggerating an injury and quitting on a team for a whole season bc you knew you had no chance to do anything but get beat by KD or LeBron

Michael Jordan.
09-06-2020, 06:34 PM
“But Giannis needs more help.” :cry

TD 21
09-06-2020, 07:02 PM
:lmao Basing things off of less than one full game, that went to overtime no less.

Michael Jordan.
09-06-2020, 07:03 PM
:lmao Basing things off of less than one full game, that went to overtime no less.
Bucks had 3 games to get their first win with Giannis on the court. They didn’t win until he wasn’t.

Michael Jordan.
09-06-2020, 07:04 PM
MVP my ass :lmao

DAF86
09-06-2020, 07:06 PM
:cry My regular season stat padding playoffs choker is better than your regular season stat padding playoffs choker :cry

Michael Jordan.
09-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Not sure why you are so upset about Giannis being a choking pussy with an all star next to him

DAF86
09-06-2020, 07:25 PM
Not sure why you are so upset about Giannis being a choking pussy with an all star next to him

I don't give a fuck about Giannis. I just find your hatred of him, that clearly comes from the meaningless MVP battles he has had with Harden in recent years, very funny, tbh. You shit on him for being a regular season stat padding whore that chokes on the playoffs, yet Harden is exactly the same thing. :lol

TD 21
09-06-2020, 11:55 PM
Bucks had 3 games to get their first win with Giannis on the court. They didn’t win until he wasn’t.

Yeah, you're right; they're better without one of the top few players in the world based on a small sample size . . . what was I thinking? :rolleyes

Neo.
09-07-2020, 01:38 AM

sounds like harden, playing with kd, Russ, dwight, cp3

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 03:23 AM
:lol hey fuck u tbh

:lol

Bill_Brasky
09-07-2020, 08:12 AM
I don't give a fuck about Giannis. I just find your hatred of him, that clearly comes from the meaningless MVP battles he has had with Harden in recent years, very funny, tbh. You shit on him for being a regular season stat padding whore that chokes on the playoffs, yet Harden is exactly the same thing. :lol

The MVP lost all meaning when they gave it to Westbrick. Worst fucking winner ever and it's tainted now.

dbreiden83080
09-07-2020, 03:30 PM
The MVP lost all meaning when they gave it to Westbrick. Worst fucking winner ever and it's tainted now.

Nash was a poor winner as well..

Clipper Nation
09-11-2020, 09:06 AM

lefty
09-11-2020, 09:16 AM
wait....

4 dudes combined to do it twice
Am I missing something here?

Clipper Nation
09-11-2020, 09:28 AM
Poor Bob Cousy only gets talked about anymore whenever someone has a terrible playoff game.

Clipper Nation
09-11-2020, 09:30 AM

Killakobe81
09-11-2020, 11:42 AM

Lol greatest two guard since MJ my ass