PDA

View Full Version : Capping Texas/Kansas

NoMoneyDown
11-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Before last week's game with Baylor, several cappers I know were leaning towards the Bears with the points (28, I believe). While I knew Baylor had improved from last year, they hadn't met a team like Texas all year and were in for a thumping. I predicted 52-10, and even I was pleasantly surprised by the final score, 62-0.

This week Texas takes on Kansas at home. Currently, Vegas has the line at Texas -34.5, which seems like they've learned their lesson. However, I feel that number is still low, although, many of those same cappers are saying Kansas has a pretty good defense, and will give Texas a better game than Baylor.

Hmmmmmmm.

Besides a going-downhill Mizzou and Nebraska squad, and a few I-AA teams, Kansas hasn't done much of anything ths year. In several of their other games, the outcome was pretty dismal:

Lost to TTech, 30-17 (Texas beat Tech 52-17).
Lost to Oklahoma, 19-3 (Texas beat OU, 45-12).
Lost to Colorado, 4413 (Texas beat CU, 42-17).

I feel Mack had something to prove in the Baylor game, since VTech was playing later, hence the blowout. Since VTech is now out of the picture, I'm sure the "pressure" has eased a bit, although 'Bama and Miami are waiting in the wings (for now, at least). I still think Mack wants to lengthen the lead a little and will keep the blowouts coming. Kansas will be good to score even a field goal. Their only claim to fame is a defense that hasn't really done much except hold Brad Smith in check. They'll have their hands full with Vince and crew. Another blowout? You bet.

Texas 45
Kansas 0

50 cent
11-08-2005, 02:18 PM
You are right about Baylor. This one is a little tougher to cap because of the success Kansas has had on D coupled with the pressure being relieved by VT losing. I'm staying away from this one.

Big Pimp_21
11-08-2005, 02:20 PM
I say Texas wins 48-6

KU is a better team than Baylor, and will move the ball a bit, but Vince will throw for over 200 and run for 120...with 4 total TDs.

NoMoneyDown
11-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Just a quick update regarding the Texas/Kansas game ...

There was an article in the Austin-American Statesman yesterday that talked about how Mack Brown and the Texas players are really getting pumped for this game because of statements made by the Kansas head coach after last year's game. I don't have the story to quote, but evidentally the Kansas head coach made some harsh remarks about Texas' win last year - specifically about one play. The coach was fined for his remarks and later apologized, but it has stuck with a lot of Texas players and staff. Judging by some things VY said in the article, I don't think Texas is going to "let up" in this ballgame at all.

Maybe ...

Texas 72
Kansas 0

??? :lol

NoMoneyDown
11-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Just a quick update regarding the Texas/Kansas game ...

There was an article in the Austin-American Statesman yesterday that talked about how Mack Brown and the Texas players are really getting pumped for this game because of statements made by the Kansas head coach after last year's game. I don't have the story to quote, but evidentally the Kansas head coach made some harsh remarks about Texas' win last year - specifically about one play. The coach was fined for his remarks and later apologized, but it has stuck with a lot of Texas players and staff. Judging by some things VY said in the article, I don't think Texas is going to "let up" in this ballgame at all.

Maybe ...

Texas 72
Kansas 0

??? :lol

You people that keep betting against Texas will learn one day. :lol

SWC Bonfire
11-14-2005, 09:28 AM
You people that keep betting against Texas will learn one day. :lol

Well, I may be an Aggie, but I ain't stupid. You could tell from earlier in the week that Texas meant business.

Too bad they'll lose after Thanksgiving, thanks to the "Bo Whitley" by Reggie. :lol

NoMoneyDown
11-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Well, I may be an Aggie, but I ain't stupid. You could tell from earlier in the week that Texas meant business.

Too bad they'll lose after Thanksgiving, thanks to the "Bo Whitley" by Reggie. :lol

Texas A&M is DEAD LAST in passing defense in the country - behind EVERYONE. And their rushing defense is mediocre. The only thing TAMU will be playing for in this game is pride, but that will wear-off in the second half. Plus, for whatever reason, Texas has been on a tear of late. They've skunked Baylor on the road 62-0 and wiped the field with Kansas, 66-14. TAMU just nipped Baylor at home by a field goal earlier this season.

Here's an interesting fact ... In the last 5 games Texas has played, they have scored 31 or more points in a single half in each of those games. During those same halves, they have limited their opponents to 20 total points, or an average of 4 PPG. Simply incredible. This team is on a mission, and Thanksgiving history of this match-up won't mean a hill of beans in this particular game.

Texas 52
TAMU 10 (if they're lucky)

SWC Bonfire
11-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Texas A&M is DEAD LAST in passing defense in the country - behind EVERYONE. And their rushing defense is mediocre. The only thing TAMU will be playing for in this game is pride, but that will wear-off in the second half. Plus, for whatever reason, Texas has been on a tear of late. They've skunked Baylor on the road 62-0 and wiped the field with Kansas, 66-14. TAMU just nipped Baylor at home by a field goal earlier this season.

Here's an interesting fact ... In the last 5 games Texas has played, they have scored 31 or more points in a single half in each of those games. During those same halves, they have limited their opponents to 20 total points, or an average of 4 PPG. Simply incredible. This team is on a mission, and Thanksgiving history of this match-up won't mean a hill of beans in this particular game.

Texas 52
TAMU 10 (if they're lucky)

Somebody didn't get the Bo Whitley reference.