PDA

View Full Version : Nets: Steve Nash to coach Brooklyn

JamStone
09-03-2020, 08:56 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29800840/nets-hire-hall-famer-steve-nash-head-coach

Finally, Nets will be able to stay on sides on a break.

Will Hunting
09-03-2020, 09:03 AM
Big risk asking a guy with no coaching experience to manage two of the whiniest personalities in the NBA.

Will Hunting
09-03-2020, 09:11 AM
He handled diva mode Amare and Matrix at his whiniest, and basically did D’Antoni’s job for him, so he at least has some experience there.
That's true, managing the Amare/Marion drama was something Nash did, D'antoni did jack shit on that front. At one point Nash actually asked the Arizona Republican to run a story on the front cover of the sports section about how important Marion was because Marion felt underappreciated :lol

As whiny as they were though, neither one was half as much of a cancer as Kyrie is :lol

lefty
09-03-2020, 09:58 AM
I wonder if he's going to apply d'Antoniball

JohnnyMax
09-03-2020, 10:04 AM
"Ladies & Gentlemen, there's no way around this. It's white privilege. This doesn't happen for a black man. No experience on any level whatsoever as a coach and you get the Brooklyn Nets job?" - Stephen A. Smith

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kRyGZr-ezWE

lefty
09-03-2020, 10:11 AM
"Ladies & Gentlemen, there's no way around this. It's white privilege. This doesn't happen for a black man. No experience on any level whatsoever as a coach and you get the Brooklyn Nets job?" - Stephen A. Smith

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kRyGZr-ezWE
Or maybe KD and Kyrie are the ones who wanted Nash?

And let's not forget Mark ended up creating a toxic environment in GS

MultiTroll
09-03-2020, 10:30 AM
Why are KD and Flat Earth considered a championship base? With CIA Popped to lead them. I wish it would have happened.

:lol FOH.

JamStone
09-03-2020, 10:38 AM

Doesn’t work with the NBA because it is a league that has done the same shit with former black players. Derek Fisher and Jason Kidd got head coaching gigs with no coaching experience. Joe Dumars and Michael Jordan got top executive positions with no experience. Go back to Magic coaching the Lakers with no experience.

This one doesn’t fit white privilege. Doesn’t smell like it. Doesn’t work in a league that has promoted the hiring of black candidates with no experience.

Texas_Ranger
SAS is a moron, there is no way around this.

JamStone
double post

lefty
09-03-2020, 10:47 AM
SAS is a moron, there is no way around this.

Kurgan
09-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Makes sense. Nash lives in the area and is already friends with Durant. Guys like KD and Kyrie don't want somebody like Pop screaming at them every practice. They want a former player that will act as their puppet/buddy.

DAF86
09-03-2020, 11:55 AM
I never saw Nash as a guy that would be into coaching, tbh.

TimDunkem
09-03-2020, 12:03 PM
Now THIS is white privilege

DAF86
09-03-2020, 12:12 PM
He’s probably hoping this is another Golden State Steve Kerr situation where with Durant/Kyrie you can win 50+ games without even trying and build up a fake reputation and then never be out of work due to that.

Sure, but even then. I saw Nash in the same mold as Manu or Dirk. Smart guys that would be fully capable of being NBA coaches, but that just don't feel like it. They would much rather spent their lives doing anything else.

JamStone
09-03-2020, 12:22 PM
Steve needs that paper. He’s got a bunch of kids now, all young.

Isn’t his current girlfriend/wife still in her 20s or some shit? Prolly more rugrats in the future.

Kurgan
09-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Sure, but even then. I saw Nash in the same mold as Manu or Dirk. Smart guys that would be fully capable of being NBA coaches, but that just don't feel like it. They would much rather spent their lives doing anything else.

As JamStone said, Nash needs the money for the child support payments.

Rummpd
09-03-2020, 03:33 PM
Over-rated loser joining head cases - this will explode in their face and Marks just failed

DMC
09-03-2020, 03:52 PM
He'll be a good coach with some early success and then get thrown under the bus by Durant when KD doesn't win. Basically he'll be JKidd 2.0, soon to be an assistant on another franchise.

DMC
09-03-2020, 03:53 PM
Steve needs that paper. He’s got a bunch of kids now, all young.

Isn’t his current girlfriend/wife still in her 20s or some shit? Prolly more rugrats in the future.

Must have burned through that free 10m he got from the Lakers.

TD 21
09-03-2020, 04:07 PM
Now THIS is white privilege

Yeah and this he's tight with Durant and to a lesser extent Irving talk ignores the fact that Jackson supposedly is too and to a lesser extent Lue.

There's no problem with it in and of itself obviously other than what it represents: Another job with potentially contending type talent going to a white guy.

TimDunkem
09-03-2020, 04:22 PM
And in Brooklyn no less. :lol

daslicer
09-03-2020, 04:54 PM
As JamStone said, Nash needs the money for the future child support payments.

FIFY

DAF86
09-03-2020, 05:39 PM
Yeah and this he's tight with Durant and to a lesser extent Irving talk ignores the fact that Jackson supposedly is too and to a lesser extent Lue.

There's no problem with it in and of itself obviously other than what it represents: Another job with potentially contending type talent going to a white guy.

Jackson and Lue suck though.

Killakobe81
09-03-2020, 06:44 PM
Doesn’t work with the NBA because it is a league that has done the same shit with former black players. Derek Fisher and Jason Kidd got head coaching gigs with no coaching experience. Joe Dumars and Michael Jordan got top executive positions with no experience. Go back to Magic coaching the Lakers with no experience.

This one doesn’t fit white privilege. Doesn’t smell like it. Doesn’t work in a league that has promoted the hiring of black candidates with no experience.

This and Fizdale a prominent black coach said the same.SAS screamed about it ...but only good point made is black coaches get the shit job ops and are gone in a year or two ...nets on paper looks like a great job but with a ton of pressure...

Chillen
09-03-2020, 07:44 PM
Not sure what to make of this, Nash has no coaching experience and never won a championship. People comparing this to Kerr well Kerr has championship experience with Bulls/Spurs and working with Phil Jackson/Pop. He's going to have to handle two big egos now Durant/Irving. It's a move with risks but if he turns out to be a good head coach it will be worth it I guess. I didn't think Nash wanted to be a head coach but he has a high basketball IQ.

Rummpd
09-03-2020, 07:47 PM
SAS normally a buffoon but maybe spot on here https://www.espn.com/

Rummpd
09-03-2020, 08:04 PM
From now on hated teams in order:

1. LAL stays number one due to hype LaRoids and DaQuits.
2. Moving up fast Nets with diva Durant and no experience but I fit a mold HC Nash.
3. Clippers due to uncle and KL and very over-rated coach Rivers. Want to like a George for revealing his depression history but he quit on Thunder so cannot.
4. Houston the beard and that coach have tired acts.
5. Phily but irrelevant at moment.

Rummpd
09-03-2020, 08:31 PM
NFL named an unproven head coach without a public process and a Rooney Rule in place like Nash they would be destroyed but NBA per usual gets a pass - for once I am on side of SAS.

TDMVPDPOY
lol nash couldnt even handle lakers, how he going to handle 2 known bitches?

KobesAchilles
I mean Derrick Fisher and Avery Johnson had coaching jobs at one point with no real experience. I have no problem with hall of famers getting superstar treatment from franchises. I like the hire of Nash simply bc he knows how to deal with the media.

He’s corporate yet accessible to the media and you don’t have to worry about him saying the wrong thing. And trust me, with all the drama that is going to come the Nets way, there will be ample opportunity for him to say something stupid or hurt his players feelings. This isn’t just a coaching job, it’s a job to coddle the star players.

baseline bum
09-04-2020, 12:28 AM
still ducking his kids ten years later

TD 21
09-04-2020, 06:11 PM
Jackson and Lue suck though.

That has nothing to do with what I said and based on what?

Based on results, Jackson took a perennial loser who couldn't defend for eons and they immediately became above average without an anchor (Bogut came later).

Lue contributed to the current last un tainted championship and one of the most impressive titles ever, working rotational gymnastics to find something that would work against a vastly superior opponent.

Had some flavor of the month white coach done either (Stevens, Nurse, etc.), we'd never hear the end of it.

Rummpd
09-04-2020, 09:44 PM
Praying that Nash as diva Durant and his head case guard duo are epic fail next few years - too bad would take Marks down but that is likely to happen

HarlemHeat37
09-04-2020, 11:09 PM
This isn't as deep as people want it to be.

Durant wanted him, he got him. This is the NBA, the superstars get whatever they want.

daslicer
09-04-2020, 11:13 PM

Durant wanted him, he got him. This is the NBA, the superstars get whatever they want.

Agreed. That's exactly how I feel.

09-04-2020, 11:53 PM

ambchang
09-05-2020, 08:58 AM
Now this is gonna be fun!

Trainwreck2100
09-05-2020, 10:49 AM
Why are KD and Flat Earth considered a championship base? With CIA Popped to lead them. I wish it would have happened.

:lol FOH.

Same reason the shitty lebron teams were always championship contenders. It's a guaranteed finals appearance because that conference is ass

MultiTroll
09-05-2020, 01:32 PM
Same reason the shitty lebron teams were always championship contenders. It's a guaranteed finals appearance because that conference is ass
:lol

Durbetta and Flat Earth are not half as good as Lebron.

Robz4000
09-05-2020, 01:42 PM
Shit, people are acting like its a forgone conclusion that Dominos even returns to form. Dude tore his achilles; only one to ever come close to their previous level after that was Dominique Wilkins.

ambchang
09-05-2020, 04:59 PM
Shit, people are acting like its a forgone conclusion that Dominos even returns to form. Dude tore his achilles; only one to ever come close to their previous level after that was Dominique Wilkins.

And nique pretty much changed his entire game too.

Trainwreck2100
09-05-2020, 06:58 PM

Durbetta and Flat Earth are not half as good as Lebron.

They don't have to be to win that shit conference

FrostKing
10-01-2020, 06:32 PM
Nash in more of a collaborative role and not as the head of top-down leadership.

"I don't really see us having a head coach," Irving said on Durant's new podcast, "The Etcs." "KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach [some days]."

JamStone
10-30-2020, 09:20 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30222608/sources-mike-dantoni-finalizing-deal-join-steve-nash-staff-brooklyn-nets

Mike D’Antoni joining Nash’s staff???

Lolwut

lefty
10-30-2020, 09:21 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30222608/sources-mike-dantoni-finalizing-deal-join-steve-nash-staff-brooklyn-nets

Mike D’Antoni joining Nash’s staff???

Lolwut

SCORE ALL THE POINTS

JamStone
10-30-2020, 09:22 AM
3 seconds or less

lefty
10-30-2020, 09:55 AM
Shoot 3s from your own FT line or you're benched

SuperCam
10-30-2020, 10:00 AM
killa kyrie 1st team all nba next year, you heard it here first :tu

lefty
10-30-2020, 10:09 AM
People can say what they want about Kyrie, yeah he might be a cancer etc, but when the game is on the line, he is the only player in today's NBA I want to take the last shot

R. DeMurre
10-30-2020, 02:10 PM
Hiring D'Antoni is just another move that makes the rumors of the Nets as a potential trade destination for DeRozan look plausible... they're obviously going to try and outscore everyone and not be a defense focused team with Nash, A'mare, & D'Antoni running things.

Rummpd
10-30-2020, 02:27 PM
The Nets per KI have 3 head coaches in him, Durant and Nash. This will not end well.

Rummpd
10-30-2020, 02:28 PM
People can say what they want about Kyrie, yeah he might be a cancer etc, but when the game is on the line, he is the only player in today's NBA I want to take the last shot

Guy did hit a big shot to win a championship playing with the deferential James of course. With the Nets he will soon be fighting with KD as you know Durant wants the ball last.

lefty
10-30-2020, 02:40 PM
Guy did hit a big shot to win a championship playing with the deferential James of course. With the Nets he will soon be fighting with KD as you know Durant wants the ball last.
Kyrie has consistently hit big hots during his career, it wasn't just that shot in G7
Dude has major cojones

Rummpd
10-31-2020, 03:01 AM
Kyrie has consistently hit big hots during his career, it wasn't just that shot in G7
Dude has major cojones

Is that worth all the rest?

Rummpd
10-31-2020, 06:40 PM
BLUF if Pretty boy Nash does not work out I will rule https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30222608/sources-mike-dantoni-finalizing-deal-join-steve-nash-staff-brooklyn-nets