PDA

View Full Version : If the Bucks lose to the Heat...

SpurPadre
09-03-2020, 12:35 PM
and they end up firing Bud, would you guys like him back on the Spurs? Would Pop consider retiring if this were a possibility?

Budkin
09-03-2020, 01:11 PM
I'd love Bud to coach the Spurs. Yes please.

KobesAchilles
09-03-2020, 01:15 PM
There’s going to be a HUGE Giannis sweepstakes once the Heat sweep the Bucks

Dejounte
09-03-2020, 01:21 PM
There’s going to be a HUGE Giannis sweepstakes once the Heat sweep the Bucks

Our cap frees up when he's a free agent in 2021...

KobesAchilles
09-03-2020, 01:24 PM
Our cap frees up when he's a free agent in 2021...
I was actually thinking of getting a good player from another team to absorb a contract for a team that can actually get him. Like Jaylon Brown from Boston for instance. Doesn’t have to be him but that’s the idea I had in mind.

Dejounte
09-03-2020, 01:24 PM
https://twitter.com/ScottiePippen/status/1301551071660314626?s=19

Lmfao

crc21209
09-03-2020, 02:12 PM
Well the hot rumor for years has been Giannis to the Warriors but now today the new rumor came out that Giannis is looking at going to the Heat now. I wouldnt be surprised if Riley pulled that off tbh....

crc21209
09-03-2020, 02:13 PM
I'd love Bud to coach the Spurs. Yes please.

Thissss :tu

spurspl
09-03-2020, 02:26 PM
bud and giannis to spurs

daslicer
09-03-2020, 02:39 PM
https://twitter.com/ScottiePippen/status/1301551071660314626?s=19

Lmfao

I would say Giannis is more like a David Robinson who needs his Tim Duncan.

SpurPadre
09-03-2020, 02:47 PM
I would say Giannis is more like a David Robinson who needs his Tim Duncan.

Admiral would have won titles before TD came along if he didn't have to carry so much dead weight for years. I mean, Sean was cool and all but he still had very mediocre players around him most of the time.

timtonymanu
09-03-2020, 02:56 PM
Giannis is gone from the Bucks. He’s from the same cloth like those other faggot divas. He will claim he didn’t have enough help then go join his own super team somewhere with another loser star who claims they don’t have enough help. I was actually rooting for Miami in this series.

daslicer
09-03-2020, 03:09 PM
Admiral would have won titles before TD came along if he didn't have to carry so much dead weight for years. I mean, Sean was cool and all but he still had very mediocre players around him most of the time.

Drob may not have had a good supporting cast but I remember him under performing in the playoffs a lot and especially under pressure. Giannis has been like Drob in this series.

ZeusWillJudge
09-03-2020, 03:43 PM
Wouldn't work unless Pop retires. They would move WonderBread over to be a special assistant to Buford. Pop would be GM, and Bud would be his sock puppet.

RC_Drunkford
09-03-2020, 06:21 PM
I'd love to have Bud back, but you know Dictatorvich needs his yes men and Bud ain't that

K...
09-03-2020, 06:23 PM
bud can find a better team, he'd have to really love keldon, lonnie or murray to see a future.

itzsoweezee
09-04-2020, 12:39 AM
Bud has been absolutely trash in the Miami series. That offense looks like shit. No motion whatsoever, so he'd probably fit right in... Taking up where popovich leaves off

jjktkk
09-04-2020, 09:56 AM

David's rookie year's squad was a title team imo. But Larry Brown blew that team up, and like everywhere else he coached, he left.

jjktkk
09-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Giannis is gone from the Bucks. He’s from the same cloth like those other faggot divas. He will claim he didn’t have enough help then go join his own super team somewhere with another loser star who claims they don’t have enough help. I was actually rooting for Miami in this series.

Agree. I think Giannis is a good dude, but I'm sure teammates and star players from other teams have told him to go to L.A., go to Miami, etc... Obviously this sucks for small./middle market teams like the Bucks. Unfortunately, we as Spurs already know how this shit works.

exstatic
09-04-2020, 11:10 AM
David's rookie year's squad was a title team imo. But Larry Brown blew that team up, and like everywhere else he coached, he left.

That team would have rung if Mo fucking Cheeks didn’t force his way out during the season. He just HAD to play on the East coast. Guess he got over that, coaching and living in Methlahoma all those years. Fuck that clown.

baseline bum
09-04-2020, 11:32 AM
That team would have rung if Mo fucking Cheeks didn’t force his way out during the season. He just HAD to play on the East coast. Guess he got over that, coaching and living in Methlahoma all those years. Fuck that clown.

No way, the Spurs got the way better end of the deal fleecing the Knicks out of Rod Strickland for a washed up Cheeks. But LOL being in OKC.

jjktkk
09-04-2020, 01:05 PM

Running Strickland out of town was stupid too, since they had no replacementt. Spurs never even had a decent pg till Avery showed up.

jjktkk
09-04-2020, 01:08 PM
No way, the Spurs got the way better end of the deal fleecing the Knicks out of Rod Strickland for a washed up Cheeks. But LOL being in OKC.

True, but then they ran Rod out of town. They never even had a decent replacement until Avery showed up several years later.

baseline bum
09-04-2020, 01:41 PM
True, but then they ran Rod out of town. They never even had a decent replacement until Avery showed up several years later.

McCombs' cheap ass didn't want to pay him, as Shitty Del Negro was way cheaper. What a worthless owner McCombs was. First he doesn't want to pay Barkley so the Spurs couldn't do the Cummings + Anderson deal with Philly then he just lets Strick walk for nothing. Could have at least signed him and traded him later on since he had worn out his welcome but still had a lot of trade value.

Texas eye
09-04-2020, 05:47 PM
Agree. I think Giannis is a good dude, but I'm sure teammates and star players from other teams have told him to go to L.A., go to Miami, etc... Obviously this sucks for small./middle market teams like the Bucks. Unfortunately, we as Spurs already know how this shit works.

They just have no fans and Milwaukee is tiny compared to San Antonio. Packers>>>Brewers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bucks.

dbestpro
09-04-2020, 06:06 PM

David Robinson, Terry Cummings, Sean Elliott, Mike Mitchell, Rod Strickland, Jonny Moore, Wille Anderson. I'd take that group against any team in the NBA today.

Spurs oman
09-04-2020, 06:35 PM
Giannes not showing up enough once again in the play offs is he still learning or actualy over rated ?
Is a move on the way for him if they get sweept

itzsoweezee
09-04-2020, 07:40 PM
Bud is fucking trash. Playing Giannis 28 minutes in what is essentially an elimination game? What a dumb motherfucker

itzsoweezee
09-04-2020, 07:57 PM
Only the spurs would be dumb enough to hire this dude. His career is over

RD2191
09-04-2020, 07:59 PM
I'm always right about everything, people overrating the shit out of Giannis, ranking him above Kawhi, lmaooo. Fuck outta here.

itzsoweezee
09-04-2020, 08:05 PM
I'm always right about everything, people overrating the shit out of Giannis, ranking him above Kawhi, lmaooo. Fuck outta here.

Giannis is hamstrung by a shitty coach. What do you expect him to do in Bud's no-motion 1990s offense?

RD2191
09-04-2020, 08:09 PM
Giannis is hamstrung by a shitty coach. What do you expect him to do in Bud's no-motion 1990s offense?
Sounds like excuses to me tbh

yavozerb
09-04-2020, 08:14 PM
Well, pretty soon bucks won't have to worry about sitting out any games. They were never mentally in this series, sucks for there fans..

poopbox
09-04-2020, 08:42 PM
Bud coaching this series exactly like a Pop disciple

J_Paco
09-04-2020, 09:58 PM
and they end up firing Bud, would you guys like him back on the Spurs? Would Pop consider retiring if this were a possibility?

Hell no. He might be more inflexible & stubborn than Popovich without 1/100 of the accomplishments.

And he is definitely coaching his way out of Milwaukee with this terrible performance. If I were a Bucks' fan I'd be hoping he's taking Eric Bledsoe with him.

That guy's decision making makes Tony Parker look like John Stockton.

Ditty
09-04-2020, 11:10 PM
Always have said Bud was overrated for years on this board and was so happy he took off for Atlanta. I have never understood the fascination for him. Only way I would accept if it came with Giannis but outside of that I would not want Bud as no more than an assistant for the Spurs again.

gambit1990
09-04-2020, 11:51 PM
I have never understood the fascination for him. Only way I would accept if it came with Giannis but outside of that I would not want Bud as no more than an assistant for the Spurs again.
agree.

MultiTroll
09-05-2020, 12:04 AM
Sounds like excuses to me tbh
Timmy Dunker many seasons stuck with Pops 4 Dumb offense and things like BonBon at starting PF?

Chinook
09-05-2020, 12:23 AM

I don't think Giannis is a good dude at all. I think people are mistaking him not saying much during interviews as him being humble or nice and ignoring the scumbag shit he's pulled over the years.

Prime BEEF
09-05-2020, 02:39 AM
Yup he’ll leave the bucks and go to more popular team with other players

Prime BEEF
09-05-2020, 02:48 AM
I don't think Giannis is a good dude at all. I think people are mistaking him not saying much during interviews as him being humble or nice and ignoring the scumbag shit he's pulled over the years.
Interesting take. Please elaborate. Not biased for or against the freak. Just curious about what he’s done in the past that you don’t like

hombre
09-05-2020, 02:57 AM
Yeah, I've never heard anything bad about him.

99 Problems
09-05-2020, 04:47 AM
We need to draft a Greek, that’s the first step. Then we hire his fav coach from the Greek national team.

spurspl
09-05-2020, 06:50 AM
hotline in milwauke after yesterday's game

Chinook
09-05-2020, 07:05 AM
Interesting take. Please elaborate. Not biased for or against the freak. Just curious about what he’s done in the past that you don’t like

Yeah, I've never heard anything bad about him.

He was ejected from a game for straight-up tackling a shooter in revenge for a no-call. He was also suspended last season for head-butting a player. As far as I know, those are the only times he's faced league discipline for his actions, but he's hot-head and not afraid of throwing cheap shots. Those plays -- especially that first on -- are indescribably dirty and reckless. He was probably looking to do the same thing to Eubanks when he thought Drew and Thanasis were going at it.

Off the court is a little harder to piece together. It REALLY rubbed me the wrong way when he begged for money from his teammates even though he was a millionaire just because he wanted to "save money". Like there's nothing wrong with being frugal, especially on your rookie contract. But to take other players' per diems as if their money is less valuable is just not cool. He also apparently screwed his first coach in Greece out of money Giannis promised, but that could easily be a he said/he said thing.

Giannis is probably not some secret psycho, and I don't know if he does any criminal stuff. I'm not saying his the worst player in the NBA. But he's certainly not close to the best. He's not humble; he's not kind; he's not a role-model for younger players. As bad as Kawhi is in some ways, he's better than Giannis in terms of personality.

RC_Drunkford
09-05-2020, 07:31 AM
Bud coaching this series exactly like a Pop disciple

all of his disciples coach like him. Which is going down with the ship. Brett Brown too. Snyder is out too. The Flopovich effect

Maddog
09-05-2020, 09:13 AM

Maybe coach Bud is hamstrung by his best player not being able to shoot?

I remember pre-pandemic watching the Bucks and thinking this team will not do well in the playoffs. I really don't think they have a huge talent advantage and not a lot of offensive flexibility. Defense wise they don't match up well against Miami

BillMc
09-05-2020, 10:32 AM
My god you just described Nephew.

BackHome
09-05-2020, 10:46 AM
When they loose its on him he acts like a Super Star and gets paid like one so he HAS to play like one. He is a very good player but he is no Kobe, Timmy, hell he is not Butler, Ky, Lebron, level yet.

RD2191
09-05-2020, 10:50 AM
By all accounts, Kawhi did us dirty, but I don't think the front office was without fault.

BackHome
09-05-2020, 10:55 AM
Well, pretty soon bucks won't have to worry about sitting out any games. They were never mentally in this series, sucks for there fans..

Not just this series they had a hard time from day one of the playoffs and as Spurs fans know what works in regular season sometime doesn’t work in Playoffs. See Danny Green.

dbreiden83080
09-05-2020, 11:05 AM

You wonder if the Bubble was the killer for them? Having no HC edge is rough.. But they played like shit..

Realdeal1
09-05-2020, 11:38 AM
... I know it’s a long shot but damn would love Giannis to the Spurs

Chinook
09-05-2020, 12:17 PM

Not really. Giannis has been a dirty player on the court. As far as I know, Kawhi never did that. Worst I can remember is him taunting Jimmer in college.

TimDunkem
09-05-2020, 12:47 PM
Not just this series they had a hard time from day one of the playoffs and as Spurs fans know what works in regular season sometime doesn’t work in Playoffs. See Danny Green.

Yep sometimes you win 67 games with a loaded roster and still lose to Steven Adams and Anus Kancer.

itzsoweezee
09-05-2020, 01:19 PM
Just read the bucks have run only 18 pick and rolls with Giannis this whole series :downspin:

And Giannis is 10 for 12 in those situations! This dude will never get a coaching job again

Spurs Homer
09-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Sure...

let's pine for the guy that gets swept from the playoffs - DESPITE - having the best team in the league.

SMH

TD 21
09-05-2020, 03:12 PM
The Clippers have by far the best team in the league.

I usually say coaching is overrated and a lot of it is luck, but he deserves the criticism for the continual bizarre minute distribution and his pathetic answer as to why, the refusal to even attempt obvious defensive matchups, the essentially 7 straight playoff losses (Magic series doesn't count) and the fact that his teams are on the verge of losing 4 straight to end their season after winning at least 60 in the regular season for the 3rd time.

His stock is about to hit rock bottom, so when he's fired, either this year or next, he might actually end up Pop's successor after all.

RC_Drunkford
09-05-2020, 07:56 PM
Just read the bucks have run only 18 pick and rolls with Giannis this whole series :downspin:

And Giannis is 10 for 12 in those situations! This dude will never get a coaching job again

Pop taught him well

BackHome
09-06-2020, 05:21 PM
Well the Bucks just threw in the towel as the Greek Freak has decided to sit out game 4 because Of his ankle.

daslicer
09-06-2020, 05:37 PM
Well the Bucks just threw in the towel as the Greek Freak has decided to sit out game 4 because Of his ankle.

The bucks won. It looks like you spoke too soon.