PDA

View Full Version : Europe: Lebron is the GOAT, tbh... on and off the court

ElNono
09-07-2020, 01:19 AM
On a league where an austistic mute is overhyped as the 'best' player and other alleged stars miss games and their teams still win pivotal games in the playoffs, even an aging Lebron turned probably the worst team in the NBA in the past 5+ seasons in a insta-contender.

Then his off-the-court work is impeccable. Compare and contrast with Dad Killer gambling habits, Hakeem's illegitimate children, etc. When he's not taking over games, he's dunking all over Trump, tbh...

Not rooting for him or the Lakers, hopefully Hurricane Pedro kills everybody in the bubble, tbh, but you have to recognize greatness, IMVHO.

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 01:50 AM
Why do you dislike Kawhi? Because he split, right? Lebron did the same to Cleveland - even worse because he did it twice and that is his home area.

Kawhi was wrong for the way he exited the spurs. I honestly believe the story about him hiding in a janitor's closet in NYC when spurs officials were looking for him. It sorta fits the character of someone who has been highly traumatized the way he has with the loss of his father. But overall he still seems to have bigger balls than Lebron. He does not allow himself to get bodied by role players (both literally and metaphorically) the way Lebron has over the years(Jet Terry, Pat Beverley, etc) And honestly, if we are talking two evenly matched teams with Kawhi leading one and Lebron leading the other, I'll put my money on Kawhi walking away the victor, tbh.

Here's to hoping we get that Clippers vs Lakers series this year before Lebron gets any older.:king

ElNono
09-07-2020, 02:04 AM
Why do you dislike Kawhi? Because he split, right? Lebron did the same to Cleveland - even worse because he did it twice and that is his home area.

Kawhi was wrong for the way he exited the spurs. I honestly believe the story about him hiding in a janitor's closet in NYC when spurs officials were looking for him. It sorta fits the character of someone who has been highly traumatized the way he has with the loss of his father. But overall he still seems to have bigger balls than Lebron. He does not allow himself to get bodied by role players (both literally and metaphorically) the way Lebron has over the years(Jet Terry, Pat Beverley, etc) And honestly, if we are talking two evenly matched teams with Kawhi leading one and Lebron leading the other, I'll put my money on Kawhi walking away the victor, tbh.

Here's to hoping we get that Clippers vs Lakers series this year before Lebron gets any older.:king

I don't dislike Kawhi, he's an extremely talented player, but he's simply never going to be a vocal, visible leader. Give me anything notable Kawhi has done off the court for the league, the players, the black community in general? Not even when he quit on the Spurs we ever heard a word from him. Same thing with Toronto.

At least when Lebron quit Cleveland (and BTW, he came back and won a fucking ring for that clusterfuck), we had The Decision, tbh...

Frankly, I dread the day he's not around anymore... Who's going to be the league's voice? Beta Durant? ugh

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 02:19 AM
CP0 aka CP3 does quite a bit for the players off the court. He is still a legendary choke artist :lol I don't think the off the court stuff carries much weight, tbh. I liked it when Mike said republicans buy shoes too and just stayed out of that sh!t. Helps keep the game the game and helps players not look hypocritical the way some think Lebron looks with the China situation. Agree to disagree on that front.

Not sure who will be the face of the NBA when Lebron falls off. Luka, maybe? Don't see Giannis and for sure not Durbeta.

I don't dislike Kawhi, he's an extremely talented player, but he's simply never going to be a vocal, visible leader. Give me anything notable Kawhi has done off the court for the league, the players, the black community in general? Not even when he quit on the Spurs we ever heard a word from him. Same thing with Toronto.

At least when Lebron quit Cleveland (and BTW, he came back and won a fucking ring for that clusterfuck), we had The Decision, tbh...

Frankly, I dread the day he's not around anymore... Who's going to be the league's voice? Beta Durant? ugh

daslicer
09-07-2020, 02:21 AM

#2 got bodied by some role players when he was a Spur. He got bodied by Matt Barnes in '15 and Roberson who openly talked shit about him in the '16 playoffs.

ElNono
09-07-2020, 02:42 AM
CP0 aka CP3 does quite a bit for the players off the court. He is still a legendary choke artist :lol I don't think the off the court stuff carries much weight, tbh. I liked it when Mike said republicans buy shoes too and just stayed out of that sh!t. Helps keep the game the game and helps players not look hypocritical the way some think Lebron looks with the China situation. Agree to disagree on that front.

Not sure who will be the face of the NBA when Lebron falls off. Luka, maybe? Don't see Giannis and for sure not Durbeta.

The only reason Chris Paul is brought up is because he has a gig with the union, IIRC, but he's definitely another guy that has done nothing to be vocal about the league or the black community... he's in the same boat as Carmelo Anthony, for example.

And of course what they do off the court carries weight. Kids, especially african american, look up to them... look how MJ got them to kill each other over a pair of shoes... that's why it's important to have somebody like Lebron, who has an impeccable attitude off the court to be a true role model, tbh...

I don't get the big deal with the China situation, tbh... POTUS was praising their president last January, and it's not like trailer trash don't go buy Chinese shit at Walmart, but now suddenly it's an issue for the Ted Cruz of the world.

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 02:55 AM
#2 got bodied by some role players when he was a Spur. He got bodied by Matt Barnes in '15 and Roberson who openly talked shit about him in the '16 playoffs.

Did he really, though? I think that's a big part of the reason he wanted out of SA. I think he felt too constrained by Pop and the spur's system which prevented him from going full alpha-male...And he wanted no doubt about who the guy is on the team. We saw how he and uncle basically pulled the chair out from the rest of the league by going to the clippers and getting the Robin that he wanted all along. Pretty damn sinister and clever. And it wasn't like Lebron going to Miami and initially just hoping Wade would lead him to a title...he intentionally picks a guy who will never be confused as the man on that team in P.George.

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 03:01 AM
I'll give Lebron his due on that end. He stays out of trouble...no raping hotel clerks or big gambling debts. Helps kids with school, etc. And he's probably the GOAT athlete. Would have been an all pro player in any major sport, TBH. Just too hard to look past his short comings on the floor to call him GOAT basketball player, tbh.

The only reason Chris Paul is brought up is because he has a gig with the union, IIRC, but he's definitely another guy that has done nothing to be vocal about the league or the black community... he's in the same boat as Carmelo Anthony, for example.

And of course what they do off the court carries weight. Kids, especially african american, look up to them... look how MJ got them to kill each other over a pair of shoes... that's why it's important to have somebody like Lebron, who has an impeccable attitude off the court to be a true role model, tbh...

I don't get the big deal with the China situation, tbh... POTUS was praising their president last January, and it's not like trailer trash don't go buy Chinese shit at Walmart, but now suddenly it's an issue for the Ted Cruz of the world.

LkrFan
09-07-2020, 05:17 AM
On a league where an austistic mute is overhyped as the 'best' player and other alleged stars miss games and their teams still win pivotal games in the playoffs, even an aging Lebron turned probably the worst team in the NBA in the past 5+ seasons in a insta-contender.

Then his off-the-court work is impeccable. Compare and contrast with Dad Killer gambling habits, Hakeem's illegitimate children, etc. When he's not taking over games, he's dunking all over Trump, tbh...

Not rooting for him or the Lakers, hopefully Hurricane Pedro kills everybody in the bubble, tbh, but you have to recognize greatness, IMVHO.

:lol

lefty
09-07-2020, 08:45 AM
People forget about LeMao :lol

Neo.
09-07-2020, 10:04 AM
lol one playoff game where jason terry hit a shot in lebrons face and one regular season game where pat bev got a bizzare block at the end means "lebron has a history of getting bodied by role players omg!!!!!!!!!11!!1!"

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 10:08 AM
lol one playoff game where jason terry hit a shot in lebrons face and one regular season game where pat bev got a bizzare block at the end means "lebron has a history of getting bodied by role players omg!!!!!!!!!11!!1!"

Revisionist history, tbh.

Bench player Jason Eugene Terry outscored Lebron...for the series :lol

If you want to talk just isolated moments, there's also that time when midget JJ Barea shut Lebron down on the block in that same series :lol

Neo.
09-07-2020, 10:13 AM

yes revisionist history indeed, because they were not matched up on each other. jet had the luxury of mostly playing against guys like chalmers, bibby, house and mike miller. lebron was mostly guarded by strong defenders like marion, kidd, stevenson etc.

If you want to talk just isolated moments, there's also that time when midget JJ Barea shut Lebron down on the block in that same series :lol

lol talk about revisionist history, when a still picture of lebron with his back to barea = "lebron got shut down on the block"

09-07-2020, 10:45 AM

JET also called him out to the press saying he couldnt guard him and then delivered on the court :lol so much for the self proclaimed goat

yes revisionist history indeed, because they were not matched up on each other. jet had the luxury of mostly playing against guys like chalmers, bibby, house and mike miller. lebron was mostly guarded by strong defenders like marion, kidd, stevenson etc.

lol talk about revisionist history, when a still picture of lebron with his back to barea = "lebron got shut down on the block"
Wrong, Lebron was frequently guarding JET, especially in the 2nd half of games tbh

Also he offensive fouled JJB on that play so yeah, shut down :lol

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 11:39 AM
JET also called him out to the press saying he couldnt guard him and then delivered on the court :lol so much for the self proclaimed goat

Wrong, Lebron was frequently guarding JET, especially in the 2nd half of games tbh

Yes thank you. That's called getting bodied by a 0 time all star, role player :lol

Can't happen if you want to be in the GOAT conversation, imo.

ViceCity86
09-07-2020, 11:59 AM
Those 2010&2011 playoff runs by Lebron will always hurt him against Dad killer.

ViceCity86
09-07-2020, 11:59 AM
Hurricane Pedo.

TDfan2007
09-07-2020, 12:06 PM
Yes thank you. That's called getting bodied by a 0 time all star, role player :lol

John Starks says hi...*

*I don't think LeBron is the GOAT, but so many of the arguments against him are pretty entertainingly stupid

Neo.
09-07-2020, 01:20 PM

occasionally being on jet does not constitute being the primary defender or bring outscored directly by him.

and :lmao that offensive fouling someone means they shut you down. I guess shaq got locked up by 80% of people who guarded him then. or that barea was a lockdown defender since he was one of the best in the nba at drawing offensive fouls. literally retarded.

:lmao "getting bodied"
:lmao obsessed

John Starks says hi...*

*I don't think LeBron is the GOAT, but so many of the arguments against him are pretty entertainingly stupid

this.

KimmyGib
09-07-2020, 01:21 PM
I seem to remember a game where patty mills of all people shut down #2

lefty
09-07-2020, 02:24 PM
occasionally being on jet does not constitute being the primary defender or bring outscored directly by him.

and :lmao that offensive fouling someone means they shut you down. I guess shaq got locked up by 80% of people who guarded him then. or that barea was a lockdown defender since he was one of the best in the nba at drawing offensive fouls. literally retarded.

:lmao "getting bodied"
:lmao obsessed

this.

Jordan also got outscored by Danny Jehovah Witness Ainge in an elimination game, and he was his direct matchup :lol

Pero
09-07-2020, 02:51 PM

Lakers didn't make the playoffs when he got there so he didn't exactly turn them into an "insta-contender".

daslicer
09-07-2020, 03:29 PM
Did he really, though? I think that's a big part of the reason he wanted out of SA. I think he felt too constrained by Pop and the spur's system which prevented him from going full alpha-male...And he wanted no doubt about who the guy is on the team. We saw how he and uncle basically pulled the chair out from the rest of the league by going to the clippers and getting the Robin that he wanted all along. Pretty damn sinister and clever. And it wasn't like Lebron going to Miami and initially just hoping Wade would lead him to a title...he intentionally picks a guy who will never be confused as the man on that team in P.George.

Pop's system never stopped Duncan from going full Alpha male during the playoffs. There are plenty of series where Duncan averaged 27-30 points a game. You should know this considering he had some of his best series against your mavs. #2 had the same green light Duncan had during the playoffs in '15 and '16. He did get bodied in '15 and '16 playoffs and the stats show it. Pop wasn't holding him back. He was holding himself back in those series.

In the '15 playoffs against the Clippers he dominated the first 4 games averaging 24.8 pts a game on a FG percentage of 60 percent. The next 3 games he shrunk and averaged 14.3 points on 29 percent FG percentage.

The '16 playoffs against the Thunder was a similar story. #2 had 3 great games in that series followed by 3 crap games. He had 3 games where he shot 39 percent or lower. Here is what Roberson said about #2 in that series Andre Roberson "In Game 2, I got a better feel for him (Kawhi Leonard), and kind of asserted my will on him." https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-playoffs-betting-odds-picks-schedule-celtics-clippers-regain-control-in-second-round/

When a srcub like Roberson believes he can shut you down that's embarrassing but #2 didn't do enough to silence Roberson throughout that series espescially when the Spurs were facing elimination in game 6. #2 in that elimination game shot 9/23 which is a FG percentage of 39 percent. Roberson ended the game on 14 pts on 62 percent shooting. Very embarrassing when a scrub who has no scoring ability drops that many points on you in an elimination game.

Roberson bodied #2 on this play for sure
Wb7zt-J1s6E

ElNono
09-07-2020, 03:34 PM

Don't forget that one All Star game where the Kobester blocked Lebron, tbh... Kobe got the "I've blocked Lebron" participation trophy too...

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 03:35 PM
You mean John Starks and his winless record vs Jordan in the playoffs? :lol

John Starks says hi...*

ElNono
09-07-2020, 03:35 PM
Lakers didn't make the playoffs when he got there so he didn't exactly turn them into an "insta-contender".

That's a fair point, forgot about that.

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 03:36 PM
Those 2010&2011 playoff runs by Lebron will always hurt him against Dad killer.

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 03:46 PM
Good point about Tim.

So, I guess what I am saying is, I think because Kiwi walked into a concrete situation with other long time leaders in SA, He did not feel comfortable being the guy no matter what Pop told him. Perhaps I read it wrong, but I always got that feeling with him. He looked more comfortable in Toronto than he did in SA to me.

Pop's system never stopped Duncan from going full Alpha male during the playoffs. There are plenty of series where Duncan averaged 27-30 points a game. You should know this considering he had some of his best series against your mavs. #2 had the same green light Duncan had during the playoffs in '15 and '16. He did get bodied in '15 and '16 playoffs and the stats show it. Pop wasn't holding him back. He was holding himself back in those series.

In the '15 playoffs against the Clippers he dominated the first 4 games averaging 24.8 pts a game on a FG percentage of 60 percent. The next 3 games he shrunk and averaged 14.3 points on 29 percent FG percentage.

The '16 playoffs against the Thunder was a similar story. #2 had 3 great games in that series followed by 3 crap games. He had 3 games where he shot 39 percent or lower. Here is what Roberson said about #2 in that series Andre Roberson "In Game 2, I got a better feel for him (Kawhi Leonard), and kind of asserted my will on him." https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-playoffs-betting-odds-picks-schedule-celtics-clippers-regain-control-in-second-round/

When a srcub like Roberson believes he can shut you down that's embarrassing but #2 didn't do enough to silence Roberson throughout that series espescially when the Spurs were facing elimination in game 6. #2 in that elimination game shot 9/23 which is a FG percentage of 39 percent. Roberson ended the game on 14 pts on 62 percent shooting. Very embarrassing when a scrub who has no scoring ability drops that many points on you in an elimination game.

Wb7zt-J1s6E

Spurtacular
09-07-2020, 08:10 PM
Lebron turned probably the worst team in the NBA in the past 5+ seasons in a insta-contender.

Uh, no. He missed the playoffs.

Apparently all your gushing is misappropriated and Anthony Davis is GOAT. :lol

Neo.
09-07-2020, 08:22 PM
Don't forget that one All Star game where the Kobester blocked Lebron, tbh... Kobe got the "I've blocked Lebron" participation trophy too...

lol yeah that's right kobestans were saying "kobe would absolutely lock up lebron, remember the all star game???????"

Killakobe81
09-07-2020, 08:35 PM
Look I m far from a Bron stan ...but the argument that anyone would take prime Kawhi over Bron, even conceding KL was the better on ball defender and has the better jumper is crazy talk.
Flip Bron and Kawhi in those back to back Finals and Spurs win both they don't split.
Put prime Bron on the Raptiors last year they ring.
But can KAwhi carry shit teams to the Finals? ala Bron?
KAwhi has been coached by Pop Nurse and teh overrated but still a good coach Doc.
Bron has had Spo and a bunch of overrated coaches like Lue and retreads like Mike Brown.

YEs 2011 is a stain on Lebron's legacy but KL needs to do more than just win a title hie is FAVORED to win ...to even be in the same convo with LeBron.
Yall blinded by recency bias.

BTW, KL if he rings in 2020 and never rings again will have the weirdest career arc for player of his winning credentials. Possibly the alpha on back to back championships at least two finals MVP's and three rings as a major contributor along with at least two finals MVPs ...but no regular season MVPs and wont have the longevity numbers most likely...be very interesting especially if Clips lose.

JamStone
09-07-2020, 08:53 PM
Old ass LeBron still putting up 26/10/10 on 58% FG shooting so far in these playoffs.

Still has an argument he’s the biggest difference maker and most valuable player in the league tbh.

Not an absolutely indisputable claim. But he does have an argument.

phxspurfan
09-07-2020, 10:24 PM
Old ass LeBron still putting up 26/10/10 on 58% FG shooting so far in these playoffs.

Still has an argument he’s the biggest difference maker and most valuable player in the league tbh.

Not an absolutely indisputable claim. But he does have an argument.

HGH is a hell of a drug

ElNono
09-08-2020, 02:27 AM
Uh, no. He missed the playoffs.

Apparently all your gushing is misappropriated and Anthony Davis is GOAT. :lol

He took a year off to build the team, big deal. People forget how absolutely dismal the Lakeshow was for the past 5+ seasons, now he's talking championship.

Also, the commentary about off the court leadership is still spot on.

Arcadian
09-08-2020, 03:56 AM
I don't share the sentiment of "dreading the day he's not around anymore" tbh. For me, Lebron has never been very entertaining to watch. And I find his personality rather off-putting. Great player, but not the GOAT because he can be easily game-planned for (make him a jump shooter). He doesn't strike fear into anyone, much less Spurs fans who've seen him get destroyed multiple times in the Finals.

lefty
09-08-2020, 08:22 AM
Getting destroyed lol

JamStone
09-08-2020, 08:59 AM
You might not dread the day LeBron is gone, but a few years ago when the league had already begun to shift away from him, the next face of the NBA was looking like pimple face catfish boy or Osama Bin Harden love with the strippers. Or it could have been the 12 year old kid from the Bay who with his wife and daughters might as well have been part of a Christian Living reality show, Currying favor with Jesus. The face of the league was certainly never going to be the big hands mute boy.

Maybe you don’t like LeBron’s personality or the way he plays. But damn if you think about the other options to be the next global brand ambassador of NBA basketball. Silver and the league front office better hope Zion is going to be good enough to make his teams legitimate contenders, and sooner rather than later. Bron Bron might only have 1-2 more years left in the league.

daslicer
09-08-2020, 10:06 AM
You might not dread the day LeBron is gone, but a few years ago when the league had already begun to shift away from him, the next face of the NBA was looking like pimple face catfish boy or Osama Bin Harden love with the strippers. Or it could have been the 12 year old kid from the Bay who with his wife and daughters might as well have been part of a Christian Living reality show, Currying favor with Jesus. The face of the league was certainly never going to be the big hands mute boy.

Maybe you don’t like LeBron’s personality or the way he plays. But damn if you think about the other options to be the next global brand ambassador of NBA basketball. Silver and the league front office better hope Zion is going to be good enough to make his teams legitimate contenders, and sooner rather than later. Bron Bron might only have 1-2 more years left in the league.

Personally once you get to a certain age all these guys tend to be hateable. Jokic,Mitchell,Doncic,Tatum,Walker, are the only stars in these playoffs that didn't come across to me as hateable. I know some will say Doncic whines too much to the refs but outside of that I don't find him annoying.

Spurtacular
09-08-2020, 10:43 AM
He took a year off to build the team, big deal. People forget how absolutely dismal the Lakeshow was for the past 5+ seasons, now he's talking championship.

Also, the commentary about off the court leadership is still spot on.

So not an "insta-contender" because of his on-court skills. :tu
Not a case for GOAT, tbh. :tu

JamStone
09-08-2020, 11:10 AM
Tbh, last season LeBron had the Lakers in playoff position and even at some point early on in the season some 30 games in as a high playoff seed before he got hurt and missed a bunch of games and the team fell off the cliff. They were a shit team without him, but pretty competitive early when he was healthy. How bad they were without him illustrates how much of an impact he still was making until getting injured.

MultiTroll
09-08-2020, 11:17 AM
Took a team with a Kardashian and other scrubs to a Finals win against a super rigged Golden Phaggots team.

STFU Lebron haters. Next.

JamStone
09-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Jokic,Mitchell,Doncic,Tatum,Walker, are the only stars in these playoffs that didn't come across to me as hateable. I know some will say Doncic whines too much to the refs but outside of that I don't find him annoying.

Sure but unfortunately none of those guys have the juice to carry the league from a marketing standpoint. Even Luka, for as entertaining and likable as he is, won’t be able to. International players are tough sells because some of their personality and charisma get lost when they use a secondary, non-native language. I wish that weren’t the case because I’m a Luka fan. Same problem with Giannis, who’s even less eloquent than a teenage kid at a town carnival running the tea cup ride for kids.

The next face of the league is going to have to be someone like Zion, who has big charisma, a recognizable look, and really appeals to fans. I wish Dame Dollar were younger and was on a bigger profile team. A 23 year old Dame on the Knicks (provided they were actually a good team too) could take the mantle from LeBron.

LaMarcus Bryant
09-08-2020, 11:30 AM

Wb7zt-J1s6E

yeah everyone conveniently forgets the total abortion playoff series Nephew had. That OKC series was disgusting.

ambchang
09-08-2020, 11:46 AM
Not sure about how important the face of the league thing is. It went from Milan to Cousy to jabbar (reluctantly) to dr J to magic /bird to Jordan to Kobe to Lebron. There were gaps in between (mostly 70s) when the league was terrible and post Jordan. The league will go on with out a likeable face for a while. Perhaps it will finally wake the league up to start focusing on gameplay and team affiliation.

lefty
09-08-2020, 11:47 AM
Sure but unfortunately none of those guys have the juice to carry the league from a marketing standpoint. Even Luka, for as entertaining and likable as he is, won’t be able to. International players are tough sells because some of their personality and charisma get lost when they use a secondary, non-native language. I wish that weren’t the case because I’m a Luka fan. Same problem with Giannis, who’s even less eloquent than a teenage kid at a town carnival running the tea cup ride for kids.

The next face of the league is going to have to be someone like Zion, who has big charisma, a recognizable look, and really appeals to fans. I wish Dame Dollar were younger and was on a bigger profile team. A 23 year old Dame on the Knicks (provided they were actually a good team too) could take the mantle from LeBron.

I’ve always thought Petro and Divac were marketable
Not MJ or Magic marketable but they had some charisma imo

JamStone
09-08-2020, 11:58 AM
Not sure about how important the face of the league thing is. It went from Milan to Cousy to jabbar (reluctantly) to dr J to magic /bird to Jordan to Kobe to Lebron. There were gaps in between (mostly 70s) when the league was terrible and post Jordan. The league will go on with out a likeable face for a while. Perhaps it will finally wake the league up to start focusing on gameplay and team affiliation.

Pre-80s means little because the league really exploded and took on national mass appeal with Magic and Bird. It’s why that’s considered the golden era of NBA basketball. Jordan along with the Dream Team in the 90s took it to a global level. LeBron has continued to keep the global interest in the NBA that perhaps lost some appeal in the late 90s, early 2000s.

Tbh, the league didn’t really pass from Jordan to Kobe to LeBron. From the late 90s to the mid 2000s when LeBron really took over, it wasn’t really Kobe’s league, it wasn’t Shaq’s or Duncan’s either. For a few years from late 90s to early 2000s, the league was carried by a 6 foot, 165 pound giant from Bethel High School in Hampton, Virginia. Bubba Chuck. Not so much endorsed by the league as the face, but Iverson drove ratings, merch sales, interest, and relevance to the NBA post-Jordan. If it’s not another Jordan, Bird, Magic, or LeBron, that’s the type of player who could emerge. An Iverson type personality and charisma would keep interest from waning too much, as it appears to have done with or without the pandemic. That’s one of the reasons I mentioned Dame. In the right market, he’d have an Iverson appeal, minus the do-rags and casino trips.

ambchang
09-08-2020, 12:05 PM
Pre-80s means little because the league really exploded and took on national mass appeal with Magic and Bird. It’s why that’s considered the golden era of NBA basketball. Jordan along with the Dream Team in the 90s took it to a global level. LeBron has continued to keep the global interest in the NBA that perhaps lost some appeal in the late 90s, early 2000s.

Tbh, the league didn’t really pass from Jordan to Kobe to LeBron. From the late 90s to the mid 2000s when LeBron really took over, it wasn’t really Kobe’s league, it wasn’t Shaq’s or Duncan’s either. For a few years from late 90s to early 2000s, the league was carried by a 6 foot, 165 pound giant from Bethel High School in Hampton, Virginia. Bubba Chuck. Not so much endorsed by the league as the face, but Iverson drove ratings, merch sales, interest, and relevance to the NBA post-Jordan. If it’s not another Jordan, Bird, Magic, or LeBron, that’s the type of player who could emerge. An Iverson type personality and charisma would keep interest from waning too much, as it appears to have done with or without the pandemic. That’s one of the reasons I mentioned Dame. In the right market, he’d have an Iverson appeal, minus the do-rags and casino trips.

You are right. Iverson was huge for the hip hop generation and really put the nba back to the forgotten market after the league spent way too much effort to curry up to the corporate folks.

I think Kobe really took the global appeal to another level though. He was, and still is, a god in China. Shaq tried too hard to be the face but he really never had that appeal and Duncan just doesn’t have that appeal and didn’t care much for it. TMac, carter and maybe even Dirk had more appeal than shaq and Duncan.

JamStone
09-08-2020, 12:08 PM
Fair point on Kobe globally. He’s worshipped in Asia in general, not just China. They loooove him in the Philippines.

daslicer
09-08-2020, 01:19 PM

1. I agree a foreign player will never be the the face of the league.
2. Jordan was the only guy who was the face of the league that I liked. I'm sure if social media existed during the 90's I probably would not have liked him. After Jordan I would say the face of the league was Kobe-Shaq,Lebron. Never liked those 3 guys. Was happy when Kobe and Shaq was gone from the league. Will feel the same about Lebron. I will probably not like the new face of the league. The league will go through some trial and error period when looking for the new guy just like did during the 90's and early 00's when they tried to make Grant Hill,Penny,Vince Carter,AI,Tmac the face of the league.

Spurtacular
09-08-2020, 03:40 PM
For a few years from late 90s to early 2000s, the league was carried by a 6 foot, 165 pound giant from Bethel High School in Hampton, Virginia. Bubba Chuck. Not so much endorsed by the league as the face, but Iverson drove ratings, merch sales, interest, and relevance to the NBA post-Jordan.

There's some truth to this. It's why to this day Iverson to this day is probably the most over-rated player in league history.

ElNono
09-08-2020, 08:20 PM
So not an "insta-contender" because of his on-court skills. :tu
Not a case for GOAT, tbh. :tu

He's getting older, and he also didn't win every chip in Cleveland or Miami... his talent is undeniable though, especially if you're putting scrubs like Bird in the GOAT conversation, tbh...

Plus, no single player really wins it all alone. Jordan had Pippen, Kerr, Kukoc... solid role players. Tim and Manu had Tony, Bowen. Shaq and Gasol had Kobe. Curry had a bunch of help. Kawhi is probably the closest, but he played against a decimated Warriors team...

Spurtacular
09-08-2020, 09:00 PM
35-year-old Lebron would've been 35-year-old Julius Erving in the 80s. Second round fodder.

Killakobe81
09-08-2020, 09:33 PM
Fair point on Kobe globally. He’s worshipped in Asia in general, not just China. They loooove him in the Philippines.

Kobe was polarizing here in the US but he was absolutely the marketing face of the NBA until Colorado he and VC were the league darlings. AI was the people's champion and the streets loved him. International Kobe was huge like was already said.

Rummpd
09-08-2020, 09:41 PM
LaRoids is 3-8 in finals and sold out on China issue and is not the GOAT. IMO still stands behind both Jordan and Kareem and arguably behind several others. Granted he does great things for schools so give him that.

Spurtacular
09-08-2020, 09:47 PM
LaRoids is 3-8 in finals and sold out on China issue and is not the GOAT. IMO still stands behind both Jordan and Kareem and arguably behind several others. Granted he does great things for schools so give him that.

Well behind several others, tbh.

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2020, 10:01 PM
Look I m far from a Bron stan ...but the argument that anyone would take prime Kawhi over Bron, even conceding KL was the better on ball defender and has the better jumper is crazy talk.
Flip Bron and Kawhi in those back to back Finals and Spurs win both they don't split.

LMAO, PRIME Kawhi on the '13 Spurs & the Heatles would have been toast.

Rummpd
09-08-2020, 10:05 PM
Well behind several others, tbh.

Chamberlain, Russell and case can made Duncan who was more of a champion even.

Killakobe81
09-08-2020, 10:15 PM
He's getting older, and he also didn't win every chip in Cleveland or Miami... his talent is undeniable though, especially if you're putting scrubs like Bird in the GOAT conversation, tbh...

Plus, no single player really wins it all alone. Jordan had Pippen, Kerr, Kukoc... solid role players. Tim and Manu had Tony, Bowen. Shaq and Gasol had Kobe. Curry had a bunch of help. Kawhi is probably the closest, but he played against a decimated Warriors team...

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2020, 10:24 PM

Dumbass, Kawhi's development arc isn't the same as Timmay. One came is as a 20/10 guy while the other one was essentially Trever Ariza. Offensively, Kawhi in '16 was basically what Timmay was as a rookie when he came up short against Greg Foster & the Jazz.

Matt Barnes literally got dominated by PRE ALL-STAR Kawhi to the point that Doc had to send help every time he posted-up ala what the Lakers did to Timmay in '04 when he shrunk for the finals 4 games after TOSB Malone "imposed his will".

Wb7zt-J1s6E

What a great find of a meaningless block in glorified garbage time.:sleep (I can show you footage of PEAK Jordan getting bodied by the likes of John Starks & Vernon Maxwell MULTIPLE times)

In any case, there has NEVER been a case of anyone stepping to PEAK Kawhi aka '17-TBD. The only slander was when he was seen as another one of Poop's puppets (aka the MAIN reason peers don't give Timmay his props) which he disproved. Even Durant came around & stated that was during a different point of Kawhi's career. Roberson also got scored on more than he stopped Kawhi in the '16 series (meanwhile Kanter bent Timmay over), there was actually a stat showing Durant did a better job on Kawhi but I digress.

BTW, Roberson is actually an ELITE wing defender unlike DeShawn Stevenson:lmao

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2020, 10:33 PM
I don't dislike Kawhi, he's an extremely talented player, but he's simply never going to be a vocal, visible leader. Give me anything notable Kawhi has done off the court for the league, the players, the black community in general?

Dude doesn't go around giving BJ like LeBrat for press releases but in any case, he didn't put his brand above the citizen's of Hong Kong.

BTW, Kawhi also got his billionaire owner to give back to the BLACK community while LeBrat got his to TAKE away from it.

daslicer
09-08-2020, 10:48 PM
Dumbass, Kawhi's development arc isn't the same as Timmay. One came is as a 20/10 guy while the other one was essentially Trever Ariza. Offensively, Kawhi in '16 was basically what Timmay was as a rookie when he came up short against Greg Foster & the Jazz.

Matt Barnes literally got dominated by PRE ALL-STAR Kawhi to the point that Doc had to send help every time he posted-up ala what the Lakers did to Timmay in '04 when he shrunk for the finals 4 games after TOSB Malone "imposed his will".

What a great find of a meaningless block in glorified garbage time.:sleep (I can show you footage of PEAK Jordan getting bodied by the likes of John Starks & Vernon Maxwell MULTIPLE times)

In any case, there has NEVER been a case of anyone stepping to PEAK Kawhi aka '17-TBD. The only slander was when he was seen as another one of Poop's puppets (aka the MAIN reason peers don't give Timmay his props) which he disproved. Even Durant came around & stated that was during a different point of Kawhi's career. Roberson also got scored on more than he stopped Kawhi in the '16 series (meanwhile Kanter bent Timmay over), there was actually a stat showing Durant did a better job on Kawhi but I digress.

BTW, Roberson is actually an ELITE wing defender unlike DeShawn Stevenson:lmao

Rookie Duncan suffered a serious ankle injury during the Jazz series which limited him down the stretch. Obviously you wouldn't know this since you are not a real spurs fan. I don't recall #2 playing with an injury in '16. I get it that you are a #2 fanboy but there is no denying your boy choked in '15 and '16. Just own it and deal with it.

:lol also at using Duncan to deflect from #2's choke jobs. You could can say Duncan was bodied in '01,04, I could careless. Duncan is not my god like #2 is yours. You are a bigtime fanboy that can't admit that #2 has some blemishes on his career.

LkrFan
09-08-2020, 10:52 PM
ANY Laker fans that don't respect this man can tell they Mamma to ¡Chúpame la pija! :lmao

DAF86
09-08-2020, 10:54 PM
ANY Laker fans that don't respect this man can tell they Mamma to ¡Chúpame la pija! :lmao

What would happen if you start a Lebron > Kobe thread on Lakersground hijo?

Killakobe81
09-08-2020, 10:56 PM

Been debated to death.
Some root for Bron through clenched teeth.
Like true conservative Republicans supporting Trump.

Dirks_Finale
09-08-2020, 10:59 PM

Bird's offensive repertorie blows Lebron away, tbh.

DAF86
09-08-2020, 11:01 PM
Been debated to death.

Literally, tbh.

lefty
09-08-2020, 11:02 PM
Birds offensive repertorie blows Lebron away, tbh.

have you met El Nono?
he’s clearly trolling lol

LkrFan
09-08-2020, 11:03 PM

I'd get perma banned :lol

Dirks_Finale
09-08-2020, 11:04 PM
have you met El Nono?
he’s clearly trolling lol

Oh...my bad :lol

Some people actually do think like that though. Bird was slow as a snail so he must have been azz.

LkrFan
09-08-2020, 11:04 PM
Been debated to death.

TRUTH BOMBS

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2020, 11:34 PM
Rookie Duncan suffered a serious ankle injury during the Jazz series which limited him down the stretch. Obviously you wouldn't know this since you are not a real spurs fan. I don't recall #2 playing with an injury in '16. I get it that you are a #2 fanboy but there is no denying your boy choked in '15 and '16. Just own it and deal with it.

Yeah, he choked to being the best player on the court in the pivotal Gm 5 only for TOSB Diaw/D-Worst blow the game while Roberson was imposing his will on the rim. Besides, Gm 6 ended in the 2nd quarter after Poop subbed in Fat Head for Kawhi at Meth City but tell me more about Roberson “imposing his will” in garbage time.

Btw, Tim only had a Grade 1 ankle sprain ala Luka which is why he didn’t miss any games. Greg Foster simply imposed his will ala TOSB Malone + Perkins during the backdoor sweeps, Samaki during one of the most embarrassing sweeps, Diop during the OT choke job...etc.

daslicer
09-08-2020, 11:39 PM
Yeah, he choked to being the best player on the court in the pivotal Gm 5 only for TOSB Diaw/D-Worst blow the game while Roberson was imposing his will on the rim. Besides, Gm 6 ended in the 2nd quarter after Poop subbed in Fat Head for Kawhi at Meth City but tell me more about Roberson “imposing his will” in garbage time.

Btw, Tim only had a Grade 1 ankle sprain ala Luka which is why he didn’t miss any games. Greg Foster simply imposed his will ala TOSB Malone + Perkins during the backdoor sweeps, Samaki during one of the most embarrassing sweeps, Diop during the OT choke job...etc.

:lol bringing up Duncan again to defend #2's choke jobs. Again just accept it that your god choked and didn't come through.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2020, 09:07 AM
:lol bringing up Duncan again to defend #2's choke jobs. Again just accept it that your god choked and didn't come through.

Just accept Poop choked against :lolDonovan:lol & :lolDoc:lol who ran circles around him while being unable to exploit guys like Kanter/Crawford. But...but...but...Kawhi should have been able to scores against hard double teams & boxout Kanter:cry

DMC
09-09-2020, 09:24 AM

ISWYDT

Neo.
09-09-2020, 09:47 AM
LMAO, PRIME Kawhi on the '13 Spurs & the Heatles would have been toast.

of course they would have, considering duncan/parker/manu and co >>>>>>> wade/bosh/allen and co plus pop >>>>>>> spo.

put prime kawhi on that miami team, and prime lebron on the spurs, and the spurs win in 5, maybe sweep.

09-09-2020, 10:19 AM
of course they would have, considering duncan/parker/manu and co >>>>>>> wade/bosh/allen and co plus pop >>>>>>> spo.

put prime kawhi on that miami team, and prime lebron on the spurs, and the spurs win in 5, maybe sweep.

ElNono
09-09-2020, 10:29 AM
Been debated to death.

Literally, tbh.

https://media.tenor.com/images/566d0b5d42ff5d2c5a6ba0a9ca87ed07/tenor.gif

daslicer
09-09-2020, 11:31 AM
Just accept Poop choked against :lolDonovan:lol & :lolDoc:lol who ran circles around him while being unable to exploit guys like Kanter/Crawford. But...but...but...Kawhi should have been able to scores against hard double teams & boxout Kanter:cry

:lol First you used Duncan to deflect from #2's choke jobs and now you are using Pop. Again stop making excuses for your god and accept that he choked.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2020, 12:05 PM
:lol First you used Duncan to deflect from #2's choke jobs and now you are using Pop. Again stop making excuses for your god and accept that he choked.

But...but...but...the FACTS presented to me don’t fit my BS narrative. It’s all #fakenews :cry (C) daslicer

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2020, 12:15 PM

LeBrat assembled a team to fit his style of play, pretty sure Timmay/Enrique/Diaw/Splitter clogging the paint would have worked out well for ‘13 LeBrats broken jumper & let’s not forget Evita was playing for the Heatles for a major of the series. Meanwhile, Bosh/Wade would have been maximized playing with Kawhi instead of being a glorified Horry/Lance Stephenson. Their defense would have also been better which was their calling card.

Neo.
09-09-2020, 01:42 PM
LeBrat assembled a team to fit his style of play, pretty sure Timmay/Enrique/Diaw/Splitter clogging the paint would have worked out well for ‘13 LeBrats broken jumper & let’s not forget Evita was playing for the Heatles for a major of the series. Meanwhile, Bosh/Wade would have been maximized playing with Kawhi instead of being a glorified Horry/Lance Stephenson. Their defense would have also been better which was their calling card.

the team obviously wasn't assembled for his playing style considering wade had no jumpshot, and bosh was soft as soggy tp without much ability to dominate offensively, other than open midrangers.

broken jumper? that was literally lebron at his best with the jumper, shooting over 40% from 3.

lol maximized by a guy who struggles to pass out of a trap or double, and doesn't know how to run any kind of offensive set other than an iso.

parker was an mvp candidate at that time. timmy was a defensive monster still and fully capable of putting up 30 in the post any game. not to mention shooters all around and a coach who knew how to maximize talent and skills and great defensive gameplans.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2020, 05:27 PM
the team obviously wasn't assembled for his playing style considering wade had no jumpshot, and bosh was soft as soggy tp without much ability to dominate offensively, other than open midrangers.

LeBrat/Wade was supposed to be Jorn/Pippen 2.0 & Pippen wasn't any better of a 3 point shooter than Wade. It was supposed to be forcing turnovers & killing teams in transaction. Heatles were also notoriously mediocre when Bosh missed games b/c their version of Jorn had a shaky jumper thus needed floor spacers at all time which meant Bosh couldn't play his natural position at either end of the floor.

broken jumper? that was literally lebron at his best with the jumper, shooting over 40% from 3.

You clearly didn't watch the series b/c the whole strategy was going under the screen & giving him WIDE OPEN shots ala Rondo. He was pretty terrible at that outside of Gm 4 & 7 which is why he shot 56% in the regular season but 44% in the Finals.

lol maximized by a guy who struggles to pass out of a trap or double, and doesn't know how to run any kind of offensive set other than an iso.

Yeah, he clearly struggled to maximize Siakam/Van Vleet into being household names.:cry (He's literally leading the Clippers)

https://i.imgur.com/jnw3I9d.jpg

parker was an mvp candidate at that time. timmy was a defensive monster still and fully capable of putting up 30 in the post any game. not to mention shooters all around and a coach who knew how to maximize talent and skills and great defensive gameplans.

Yeah, Enrique was an MVP candidate b/c he had the BALL IN HIS HANDS. The reason Evita went to the bench was to maximize the amount of time they had the ball in their hands as Enrique was Rondo status off the ball. Even then Enrique got outplayed by :lolMario Chalmers:lol when it counted. As far as Timmay, dude got benched against the '13 Warriors b/c he was getting murdered on switches so him camping in the paint wouldn't affect an elite shooter like Kawhi unlike a shaky one like LeBrat. Not to mention we all know how the Timmay/LeBrat/Poop combo worked against Carlos Arroyo & Puerto Rico:lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6TlOGxaPQE&ab_channel=Olympic

Millennial_Messiah
09-09-2020, 06:32 PM
LeBitch ain't got shit on Tim Duncan.

lefty
09-09-2020, 07:21 PM
LeBron >>>>>> Duncan tbh

Neo.
09-09-2020, 07:22 PM
LeBrat/Wade was supposed to be Jorn/Pippen 2.0 & Pippen wasn't any better of a 3 point shooter than Wade. It was supposed to be forcing turnovers & killing teams in transaction. Heatles were also notoriously mediocre when Bosh missed games b/c their version of Jorn had a shaky jumper thus needed floor spacers at all time which meant Bosh couldn't play his natural position at either end of the floor.

You clearly didn't watch the series b/c the whole strategy was going under the screen & giving him WIDE OPEN shots ala Rondo. He was pretty terrible at that outside of Gm 4 & 7 which is why he shot 56% in the regular season but 44% in the Finals.

Yeah, he clearly struggled to maximize Siakam/Van Vleet into being household names.:cry (He's literally leading the Clippers)

https://i.imgur.com/jnw3I9d.jpg

Yeah, Enrique was an MVP candidate b/c he had the BALL IN HIS HANDS. The reason Evita went to the bench was to maximize the amount of time they had the ball in their hands as Enrique was Rondo status off the ball. Even then Enrique got outplayed by :lolMario Chalmers:lol when it counted. As far as Timmay, dude got benched against the '13 Warriors b/c he was getting murdered on switches so him camping in the paint wouldn't affect an elite shooter like Kawhi unlike a shaky one like LeBrat. Not to mention we all know how the Timmay/LeBrat/Poop combo worked against Carlos Arroyo & Puerto Rico:lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6TlOGxaPQE&ab_channel=Olympic

lol you know you gotta stretch to make a point when you bring the 04 olympics into the convo in order to crap on timmy and parker :lmao

whats to hard to admit about the fact that kawhi has benefitted from great situations? its like youre trying to hard to make it look like he had the worst circumstances ever when fact is, he came into the league playing for a dynasty trio/coach combo. and its not like theres anything wrong with it. mike benefited from great situations too. so did kobe. lebron. magic. bird. shaq. timmy. pretty much all the greats.

there was definitely more strategy than just "oh lets give lebron wide open jumpers all game durhhghughh". im not even going to discuss that with you unless you actually prove you know jack about xs and os, which so far you clearly dont. about the only thing you know well is how to whine like a faggot.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2020, 08:15 PM
lol you know you gotta stretch to make a point when you bring the 04 olympics into the convo in order to crap on timmy and parker :lmao

whats to hard to admit about the fact that kawhi has benefitted from great situations? its like youre trying to hard to make it look like he had the worst circumstances ever when fact is, he came into the league playing for a dynasty trio/coach combo. and its not like theres anything wrong with it. mike benefited from great situations too. so did kobe. lebron. magic. bird. shaq. timmy. pretty much all the greats.

there was definitely more strategy than just "oh lets give lebron wide open jumpers all game durhhghughh". im not even going to discuss that with you unless you actually prove you know jack about xs and os, which so far you clearly dont. about the only thing you know well is how to whine like a faggot.

There isn’t too much “Xs”/“Os” that go into making the decision to go under a screen while the help sags, you should be familiar with the strategy b/c your boy Giannis fell victim to it in back-to-back postseasons. Condolences.:cry

Besides, when did I ever say that Kawhi “had the worst circumstances ever”? All I’ve said is that he delivered when put in a situation to contend unlike many of his peers including ‘11 LeBrat. Imagine Frauden coming thru in Gm 7 against the Sixers or leading his team from down 0-2.:lol He also shrunk in the ‘12 Finals as a role player while Kawhi came up with the good on ‘14.

The ‘15 & ‘16 series are on Pop for getting out coached by Doc/Donovan along with role players turning into pumpkins.

-‘15: Blake/Choke-P spammed the double screen meanwhile Diaw/Porker (who had one of the worst postseason performances by a starting point guard EVER while getting his shit pushed in by Choke-P) were deadweight on offense which allowed Doc to get away with doubling pre all-star Kawhi

-‘16: Poop kept playing Diaw/D-Worst against Kanter/Adams who absolutely ate them alive. Kawhi held PEAK Westbrook who went on to terrorize the Warriors form 4 straight games to 37% shooting while putting up an efficient 23 which was better than his regular seasons average

Keep in mind Kawhi wasn’t the undisputed #1 on offense until ‘17 as that is the first seasons he led the team in usage but continue to lecture me on the “Xs” & “Os” Mr. Arm Chair Coach

Neo.
09-09-2020, 08:54 PM
There isn’t t:cryoo much “Xs”/“Os” that go into making the decision :cryto go under a screen while the help sags, you should be familiar with the strategy b/c your boy Gi:cryannis fell victim to it in back-to-back postseasons. Condolences.:cry:cry

Besides, whe:cryn did I ever say that Kawhi “had the worst circumstances ever”? All I’ve said is that he delivered when put in a situation to contend unlike many of his peers including ‘11 LeBrat. Imagine Frauden comi:cryng thru in Gm 7 against the Sixers or leading his team from d:cryown 0-2.:lol He also shrunk in the ‘12 Finals as a role player while Kawhi came:cry up with the good on ‘14.:cry

The ‘15 & ‘1:cry6 series are on Pop for getting out coached by Doc/Donovan along with role players:cry turning into pumpkins.
:cry
-‘15: Blake/Choke-P spammed the double screen meanwhile Diaw/Porker (who had one of the worst postseason performances by a start:crying point guard EVER while getting his shit pushed in by Choke-P) were deadweight on offense :crywhich allowed Doc to get away with doubling pre all-:crystar Kawhi

-‘16: Poop kept playing Diaw/D-W:cryorst against Kanter/Adams who absolutely ate them alive. Kawhi held PEAK Westbrook who went on to terrorize the Warriors form 4 straight games to 37% sh:cryooting while putting up an efficient 23 which was be:crytter than his regular seasons average

Keep in mind Kawhi wasn’t the undisput:cryed #1 on offense until ‘17 as that is the first seasons he led the team in usage but conti:crynue to lecture me on the “Xs” & “Os” Mr. Arm Chair Coach:cry:cry:cry

lol butthurt
lol "delivered" when it took multiple major injuries to barely beat GS
lol its so easy to contain lebron
lol then bragging that kawhi shut down westbrook when hes a far worse shooter and far easier to contain
lol obviously not much to brag about if all you have to do is "go under the screen" and "let him shoot"
lol blaming kawhis limitations on everyone but himself but holding every other player accountable for theirs
lol cry some more

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2020, 09:11 PM
lol butthurt
lol "delivered" when it took multiple major injuries to barely beat GS
lol its so easy to contain lebron
lol then bragging that kawhi shut down westbrook when hes a far worse shooter and far easier to contain
lol obviously not much to brag about if all you have to do is "go under the screen" and "let him shoot"
lol blaming kawhis limitations on everyone but himself but holding every other player accountable for theirs
lol cry some more

https://media.tenor.com/images/e386daaeec0a790453968b2654f5f433/tenor.gif

FrostKing
02-03-2021, 09:41 AM
https://i.ibb.co/6XR3sWZ/Screenshot-20210203-064000-Chrome.jpg

FrostKing
02-03-2021, 09:43 AM
MJ banged em didn't "change em"

lefty
02-03-2021, 10:57 AM
MJ banged em didn't "change em"
No he just paid them to keep the quiet

FrostKing
02-03-2021, 11:15 AM
No he just paid them to keep the quiet
MJ's fade from social media/10

Rummpd
02-03-2021, 11:56 AM
LeBron has and never will be GOAT. Not even top 2 and all his success due to roids and hcg. Not even best on his team that is Davis.

Neo.
02-03-2021, 12:53 PM
all his success due to roids and hcg.

proof?

FrostKing
02-03-2021, 04:51 PM
proof?
This is your shtick? Hopping threads asking for digital proof

lefty
02-03-2021, 06:08 PM
So there is no proof

Neo.
02-03-2021, 06:42 PM

no it's an honest question. is there any proof or substantial evidence of lebron using PEDs?

if the "proof" is "durhrhurhrh most normal athletes can't do what he does without PEDs :cry :cry :cry" then the same criteria should apply basically every single athlete who has either A) had incredible longevity or B) any athlete who is considered an all-time great in their sport

FrostKing
02-03-2021, 06:45 PM
no it's an honest question. is there any proof or substantial evidence of lebron using PEDs?

if the "proof" is "durhrhurhrh most normal athletes can't do what he does without PEDs :cry :cry :cry" then the same criteria should apply basically every single athlete who has either A) had incredible longevity or B) any athlete who is considered an all-time great in their sport
Oh didn't know you meant the PED. Not a big issue for me. Grew up and partied in the glory days of Balco Calfornia.

Neo.
02-03-2021, 07:00 PM
Oh didn't know you meant the PED.

how could you not know? it was exactly what I quoted in my reply.

Not a big issue for me. Grew up and partied in the glory days of Balco Calfornia.

i honestly could not care less

FrostKing
02-03-2021, 07:19 PM

Legit confused

Where is me carrying bout Lebron bloating his upper body. Issue is him flexing that little brain

FrostKing
02-03-2021, 07:33 PM
Misogynist with a ball

This guy deserves an Charles Oklaey creating

Neo.
02-03-2021, 08:40 PM
Legit confused

Where is me carrying bout Lebron bloating his upper body. Issue is him flexing that little brain

you must be completely retarded.

rummpd posted this

LeBron has and never will be GOAT. Not even top 2 and all his success due to roids and hcg. Not even best on his team that is Davis.

i responded to the bolded part with this

proof?

then you responded to my above post with this

you inserted yourself into a conversation you and i never had. unless you are actually rummpd, which wouldn't be hard to believe because you are both have the same lack of self-awareness, being moronic beyond belief yet convincing yourselves that you both are models of intelligence

Rummpd
02-19-2021, 05:03 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/stop-trying-force-lebron-james-goat-over-michael-jordan

this

Neo.
02-19-2021, 05:24 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/stop-trying-force-lebron-james-goat-over-michael-jordan

this

"sometimes no one makes it harder to appreciate LeBron James' greatness than his biggest fans."

this opening line applies to fans of basically every all-time great player in every sport

:sleep

ambchang
02-19-2021, 07:03 PM

this

The writer compared Jordan’s career high assist and rebound numbers to James average. Then used the year of a shorter three point line to illustrate Jordan can shoot.

It’s rather dishonest.

Don’t get me wrong, Jordan is still the goat but it’s more based on situation and narratives. James has better numbers in a tougher league with lesser teammates for most of his career.

Dirks_Finale
02-19-2021, 07:44 PM
Don’t get me wrong, Jordan is still the goat but it’s more based on situation and narratives. James has better numbers in a tougher league with lesser teammates for most of his career.

Yup, Lebron is the better athlete and has the better career based on longevity. Jordan is the better basketball player for reasons outside of a stat sheet.

I'm sure Lebron will hang around until he is 45 if he has to to get that Finals record to at least .500. He knows his final's record is unbecoming for anyone labeled a king.

daslicer
02-19-2021, 08:13 PM
Yup, Lebron is the better athlete and has the better career based on longevity. Jordan is the better basketball player for reasons outside of a stat sheet.

I'm sure Lebron will hang around until he is 45 if he has to to get that Finals record to at least .500. He knows his final's record is unbecoming for anyone labeled a king.

Nets are going to beat him down the next few years. He will get worn down from all the losing he will take from them.

Dirks_Finale
02-19-2021, 08:18 PM
Nets are going to beat him down the next few years. He will get worn down from all the losing he will take from them.

If AD has a serious, chronic condition then I think Lebron won't even be in the Finals again.

Lebron has a Curandera rubbing an egg on AD's achilles as we speak.

Neo.
02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
Jordan is the better basketball player for reasons outside of a stat sheet.

funny you say that when far and away the most common reason used for mike > lebron is "6 rings!!!!!!!111!!1!" and "6-0 vs 4-6!!!!!!!"

objective basketball minds can see that while there are things mike is superior at to lebron outside of stats, there are also plenty of things lebron does outside of stats that are superior to mike

Neo.
02-19-2021, 08:25 PM
If AD has a serious, chronic condition then I think Lebron won't even be in the Finals again.

Lebron has a Curandera rubbing an egg on AD's achilles as we speak.

if pippen had a serious, chronic condition that resulted in him not being able to play, mike would not have been in any finals

if kareem had a serious, chronic condition that resulted in him not being able to play, magic would not have been in many or any finals

if mchale/parish had a serious, chronic condition that resulted in one of them not being able to play, bird would not have been in many or any finals

if robinson/manu/tony had a serious chronic condition that resulted in one of them not being able to play, duncan would not have been in many or any finals

we can do this all day for all players ever.

Dirks_Finale
02-19-2021, 08:32 PM
funny you say that when far and away the most common reason used for mike > lebron is "6 rings!!!!!!!111!!1!" and "6-0 vs 4-6!!!!!!!"

objective basketball minds can see that while there are things mike is superior at to lebron outside of stats, there are also plenty of things lebron does outside of stats that are superior to mike

Lebron will kick it to an open Larry Hughes or Kyle Korver with the game on the line. Technically the right basketball play, but often ends badly for them. Just as it did for KG.

Has there ever been a time or playoff run in which you wanted him to be more assertive and selfish?

lefty
02-19-2021, 08:45 PM
Lebron will kick it to an open Larry Hughes or Kyle Korver with the game on the line. Technically the right basketball play, but often ends badly for them. Just as it did for KG.

Has there ever been a time or playoff run in which you wanted him to be more assertive and selfish?

Like Jordan kicked it out to Paxson, Armstrong, Pippen, Kerr in big playoffs and Finals games

:lol smh

Dirks_Finale
02-19-2021, 08:48 PM
Like Jordan kicked it out to Paxson, Armstrong, Pippen, Kerr in big playoffs and Finals games

:lol smh

Sure, but he recognizes the need to take over and go into closer mode . When that happens, it's night-night time for the opposition. That is something I have not seen much of from Lebron. He is just wired differently with a different mentality.

lefty
02-19-2021, 10:57 PM
Sure, but he recognizes the need to take over and go into closer mode . When that happens, it's night-night time for the opposition. That is something I have not seen much of from Lebron. He is just wired differently with a different mentality.

Lol no it’s easier to be the closer in easier ISO situations, Lebron is forced to pass the bal’ because the zone defenses swarm him and he is forced to pass the ball

Neo.
02-20-2021, 01:56 AM

I'm sorry, who has the most game winners in nba playoff history?

yes, just like there were times guys like mike needed to be a better teammate and less selfish

no one bats 1.000

Neo.
02-20-2021, 02:00 AM

probably because he's not remotely the same type of basketball player. mike was a score-first guard. lebron is a point forward. might as well criticize shaq for not being able to run an offense, or criticize Steph for not being enough of a low post scoring threat.

and you greatly exaggerate lebron's "passiveness"

ambchang
02-20-2021, 09:45 AM

I’m not a huge fan of the nets. Defensive issues and their offence is all iso. It’s hard to stop but their defense could be their undoing.

Rummpd
02-20-2021, 03:20 PM
probably because he's not remotely the same type of basketball player. mike was a score-first guard. lebron is a point forward. might as well criticize shaq for not being able to run an offense, or criticize Steph for not being enough of a low post scoring threat.

LeBron excessive ESPN like “man love” per par for a seemingly PED and definitely peripatetic enhanced over acclaimed definitive non GOAT who has lost more finals than won despite seeking out stacked teams.

Neo.
02-20-2021, 04:14 PM
LeBron excessive ESPN like “man love” per par for a seemingly PED and definitely peripatetic enhanced over acclaimed definitive non GOAT who has lost more finals than won despite seeking out stacked teams.

ok?

this literally had absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with what you replied to :lmao

daslicer
02-20-2021, 05:14 PM
I’m not a huge fan of the nets. Defensive issues and their offence is all iso. It’s hard to stop but their defense could be their undoing.

Their defense is weak but their offense is dominant due to having 3 perimeter superstars. In today’s NBA offense is more important than defense. There is no team that is equipped to defend the Nets big 3 on the perimeter. Sure they play iso ball but I have noticed the Nets big 3 trust each other and are willing to defer to whoever has the hot hand on any given night. The offense will work because those 3 guys have good chemistry. All the Nets have to do is get a few defensive stops per a game to win.

The only team I see that can upset them is the Sixers due to their combination of size and perimeter players.

lefty
02-20-2021, 06:01 PM
ok?

this literally had absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with what you replied to :lmao

Rummpd
02-21-2021, 07:52 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30938434/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-everyone-doing-their-part-adjust

LBJ not even MVP of his team is the real truth.

FrostKing
02-21-2021, 11:14 AM
C.Wilt
PF.Kareem
SF. Bird
SG.Jordan
PG.Magic

3point shooting is why I choose Larry over Lebron

Duncan is my Odd man out

02-21-2021, 11:48 AM
Add last nights game to the "passing up the responsibility to a role player with the game on the line" column

lefty
02-21-2021, 04:55 PM
Add last nights game to the "passing up the responsibility to a role player with the game on the line" column

He was double teamed lol

Neo.
02-21-2021, 10:59 PM

so you're saying should have shot a 30 foot 3 with two guys on him and not enough time on the clock to create a good shot when there was a wide open teammate with plenty of time to set his feet catch and shoot?

JamStone
02-22-2021, 10:02 AM
But if the role player is John Paxton or Robert Horry, smartest, most unselfish leader ever, amirite?

And if he did shoot the double teamed 3 and missed, haters would point out that he had a wide open teammate on a night where LeBron was 7-for-21 from the field, 1-for-8 from three and wonder why he forced a bad attempt in favor that open look, amirite again?

lefty
02-22-2021, 10:13 AM
so you're saying should have shot a 30 foot 3 with two guys on him and not enough time on the clock to create a good shot when there was a wide open teammate with plenty of time to set his feet catch and shoot?

But if the role player is John Paxton or Robert Horry, smartest, most unselfish leader ever, amirite?

And if he did shoot the double teamed 3 and missed, haters would point out that he had a wide open teammate on a night where LeBron was 7-for-21 from the field, 1-for-8 from three and wonder why he forced a bad attempt in favor that open look, amirite again?

Unfortunately a lot of people don't use common sense and blindly throw dumb narratives

"MICHAEL JEFFREY JORDAN WOLUD HAVE TAKEN THE TURNAROUND 3 POINTER DESPITE BEING TRIPLE TEAMED!!!!!!!! kIlLeR iNsTinCt !!!!!!
90s PHYSICAL TUFF REAL MEN HERP DERP

Dirks_Finale
02-22-2021, 06:07 PM
Lebron has, by far, the most playoff minutes in NBA history. Much of which was in a very weak conference. Not very impressed with his yearly game winners over Derozan's Raptors, tbh.

I'm sorry, who has the most game winners in nba playoff history?

yes, just like there were times guys like mike needed to be a better teammate and less selfish

no one bats 1.000

Dirks_Finale
02-22-2021, 06:11 PM

Was Bird with his 6.3 APG also point forward, yes or no?

Neo.
02-22-2021, 06:46 PM
Lebron has, by far, the most playoff minutes in NBA history. Much of which was in a very weak conference. Not very impressed with his yearly game winners over Derozan's Raptors, tbh.

so a difficult game winner is less impressive based on the team, as opposed to the difficulty of the shot?

lol i guess that makes "the shot" pretty unimpressive

its funny how you keep moving the bar just to justify your crappy, uneducated stance

Was Bird with his 6.3 APG also point forward, yes or no?

is jokic with his 8.5 apg a point center, yes or no?

ElNono
02-23-2021, 04:25 AM
Unfortunately a lot of people don't use common sense and blindly throw dumb narratives

"MICHAEL JEFFREY JORDAN WOLUD HAVE TAKEN THE TURNAROUND 3 POINTER DESPITE BEING TRIPLE TEAMED!!!!!!!! kIlLeR iNsTinCt !!!!!!
90s PHYSICAL TUFF REAL MEN HERP DERP

You misspelled Kobe.

lefty
02-23-2021, 10:16 AM
You misspelled Kobe.
Yeah him too
Both are overrated chuckers

Dirks_Finale
02-23-2021, 11:41 AM
HAHA dodging the question to avoid getting pummeled :lol

We all know that Bird was a closer and Lebron is more of a player in the Magic mold. Makes sense because that's who he grew up idolizing.

is jokic with his 8.5 apg a point center, yes or no?

Dirks_Finale
02-23-2021, 11:46 AM
Yeah him too
Both are overrated chuckers

Kobe was an inefficient chucker. Jordan was always hovering around 50%.

Neo.
02-23-2021, 01:42 PM
HAHA dodging the question to avoid getting pummeled :lol

We all know that Bird was a closer and Lebron is more of a player in the Magic mold. Makes sense because that's who he grew up idolizing.

HAHA thinking bird was a point forward

HAHA thinking assists makes you a point

lefty
02-23-2021, 01:43 PM
Kobe was an inefficient chucker. Jordan was always hovering around 50%.
:lol Jordan was an efficient chucker, ok?

Dirks_Finale
02-23-2021, 04:54 PM
HAHA thinking bird was a point forward

HAHA cause he was :lol

Just try harder.

Dirks_Finale
02-23-2021, 04:55 PM
:lol Jordan was an efficient chucker, ok?

If you are shooting 50% on my team I am ok with you chucking away lefty. Green light all day. :lol

Neo.
02-23-2021, 05:01 PM
HAHA cause he was :lol

Just try harder.

except that he wasnt.

just try harder.

Dirks_Finale
02-23-2021, 05:10 PM
except that he wasnt.

just try harder.

Often initiated the offense.

Plays forward.

Point-forward.

You have the misconception that you need Pippen or Lebron's athleticism to play point forward.

Neo.
02-23-2021, 07:32 PM
Often initiated the offense.

Plays forward.

Point-forward.

theres a difference between running an offense, and having an offense ran through you

yes bird had times where he initiated the offense, but nowhere near to the degree that a point would, nor to the degree lebron does. most of the time, it was the offense running through bird out of the post, and the offense reacting based off how the defense played.

You have the misconception that you need Pippen or Lebron's athleticism to play point forward.

what makes you think that? did i say you need their type of athleticism to play point forward? did i even say athleticism is needed at all to play point forward?

lefty
02-23-2021, 07:51 PM
Bird wasn’t a point forward

Pippen was
Lebron is
Heck you can even make the argument that Magic was actually a point forward

but not Bird

Neo.
02-23-2021, 08:51 PM
Bird wasn’t a point forward

Pippen was
Lebron is
Heck you can even make the argument that Magic was actually a point forward

but not Bird

but but but he occasionally dribble the ball up the court and initiated the offense, therefore hes a point forward!!! :madrun

Dirks_Finale
02-25-2021, 05:13 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/711952-nba-power-rankings-lebron-james-and-the-15-greatest-point-forwards-of-all-time

https://clutchpoints.com/greatest-nba-point-forward-of-all-time/

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/who-actually-came-up-with-point-forward-it-wasnt-scottie-pippen/

If y'all want to split hairs with definitions to avoid losing a argument, go ahead. :lol

Bird was a point forward who brought the ball up less than Pippen or Lebron does. He also closed better and had bigger avocados than Lebron does.

I don't think it's too much to ask of a player of Lebron's talent to be better and more assertive during crunch time. Especially for someone who appointed himself the GOAT.,

Neo.
02-25-2021, 05:50 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/711952-nba-power-rankings-lebron-james-and-the-15-greatest-point-forwards-of-all-time

https://clutchpoints.com/greatest-nba-point-forward-of-all-time/

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/who-actually-came-up-with-point-forward-it-wasnt-scottie-pippen/

If y'all want to split hairs with definitions to avoid losing a argument, go ahead. :lol

lol okay then was jason kidd a point guard? is steph curry a point guard?

Bird was a point forward who brought the ball up less than Pippen or Lebron does. He also closed better and had bigger avocados than Lebron does.

no one argued whether lebron or bird are better closers. its bird. he simply has a superior scoring skillset to lebron. in fact, he arguably has the best scoring skill-set of all time. and if we want to talk about having bigger balls, bird also arguably had the biggest balls of all time too.

that being said, guys like him, mike and others may be forced to have very different approaches in a league where teams are allowed to utilize zone concepts, as opposed to being forced to defend 1-on-1, or with blatant doubles. you always want to compare differences in era, in that "durhhrhurh the 80s and 90s were more physical durhhurhrhh" but only pick and choose whatever favors your argument.

want proof of how much of an effect zone concepts can have? watch lebron's game 6 against detroit in 07. they either played him straight up, or flat out doubled him. they almost never had anyone shading over for help, and he ended up having arguable the most clutch game of all time against a very good defensive team.

compare that to how detroit played the lakers in 04. one-on-one, shaq completely demolished ben wallace with ease, averaging 26ppg on 63%. but despite having such an advantage, and being one of the most assertive players of all time, why didn't he average 35+ppg? the defensive strategy utilized a lot of zone concepts and help defense for ball denial, things that were previously outlawed.

I don't think it's too much to ask of a player of Lebron's talent to be better and more assertive during crunch time. Especially for someone who appointed himself the GOAT.,

well history says hes quite good and assertive during crunch time. add that to plenty of MVPs, finals MVPs, and 4 championships, i'd say hes proven his style works just fine in a modern era where team defenses have much more capability of scheming against a player, compared to "oh lets just hit him every time he drives in hopes that he won't drive anymore", which didn't really work against anyone good anyways, so i have a hard time believing it would stop a 6'9 250lb freak of nature.

ambchang
02-27-2021, 07:36 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30972386/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-zlatan-ibrahimovic-no-way-ever-stick-sports

While I applaud the results of what Lebron is doing for the black community and really the US in general, his words about how he is standing up for what is right rings empty for how he’s avoiding the China issues. All his social actions have brought him positive exposure and increased earning potential but the second a controversy pops up that could hurt his earnings, he went running and used his status and position to silence those who dare speak up.

lefty
02-27-2021, 10:11 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30972386/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-zlatan-ibrahimovic-no-way-ever-stick-sports

While I applaud the results of what Lebron is doing for the black community and really the US in general, his words about how he is standing up for what is right rings empty for how he’s avoiding the China issues. All his social actions have brought him positive exposure and increased earning potential but the second a controversy pops up that could hurt his earnings, he went running and used his status and position to silence those who dare speak up.
Well it’s always about his bottom line.
He knows standing up for BLM is not affecting his wallet since everybody is on that bandwagon.

“we had a difficult week”
Tell that to those people who are in concentration camps

FrostKing
02-27-2021, 01:02 PM
Lebron has never ever been racially insulted on a professional basketball court.

It occurred to Zlatan last week.

"I do my homework." America has incredibly low standards for its representatives and leaders. What does Lebron know about racism? Let's be real here. When has he ever stepped foot on hostile grounds. Ever. In Akron? Or California and Florida.

Neo.
02-27-2021, 01:04 PM
Lebron has never ever been racially insulted on a professional basketball court.

It occurred to Zlatan last week.

"I do my homework." America has incredibly low standards for its representatives and leaders. What does Lebron know about racism? Let's be real here. When has he ever stepped foot on hostile grounds. Ever. In Akron? Los Angeles as a millionaire. Or Miami. Wake up Americans.

how do you know he hasnt dealt with it?

FrostKing
02-27-2021, 01:05 PM
how do you know he hasnt dealt with it?
Because he would have posted it on social media like the narcissistic queen he is.

Neo.
02-27-2021, 01:26 PM
Because he would have posted it on social media like the narcissistic queen he is.

so his home being spraypainted with racist graffiti doesnt qualify?

FrostKing
02-27-2021, 01:33 PM
so his home being spraypainted with racist graffiti doesnt qualify?
They tore down Zlatan's statue in his own hometown

Neo.
02-27-2021, 01:37 PM
They tore down Zlatan's statue in his own hometown

what does that have to do with lebron dealing with racism? you claimed lebron hasnt dealt with it. but you dont know what he may have been through in his life, including prior to social media.

FrostKing
02-27-2021, 02:04 PM
what does that have to do with lebron dealing with racism? you claimed lebron hasnt dealt with it. but you dont know what he may have been through in his life, including prior to social media.
Okay Lebron has faced racism, as much as myself. He was called the n-word and I was called the p-word, now where's my soapbox.

Neo.
02-27-2021, 02:07 PM
Okay Lebron has faced racism, as much as myself. He was called the n-word and I was called the p-word, now where's my soapbox.

so do you think the only instance of racism he faced in his entire life was having the n word spraypainted on his home?

FrostKing
02-27-2021, 02:08 PM
so do you think the only instance of racism he faced in his entire life was having the n word spraypainted on his home?
I think he was called mean things to his face. Never physically threatened as he grew up in black inner city.

Not Mexican or Asian area. I was jumped as small child by a couple of older Mexicans being an actual minority

Neo.
02-27-2021, 02:12 PM
I think he was called mean things to his face. Never physically threatened as he grew up in black inner city.

how can you be sure? you have no clue what hes been through, the situations he faced, or the places hes been outside of "black inner city". you dont know what kinds of situations he may have seen his family, or his mother go through.

FrostKing
02-27-2021, 02:17 PM
As young kids my sister was slapped in the park by black girl because we couldn't speak English yet

That was life growing up as actual minority

Neo.
02-27-2021, 02:20 PM
As young kids my sister was slapped by black girl because we couldn't speak English yet

yes and i witnessed my wife (who is black) walking across a crosswalk going into a kroger as a group of white guys accelerated and tried to hit her with the car, as they yelled "get out of our way, n!gger bitch"

you dont know what people go through, so don't just make assumptions on things you dont know.

FrostKing
02-27-2021, 02:21 PM
yes and i witnessed my wife (who is black) walking across a crosswalk going into a kroger as a group of white guys accelerated and tried to hit her with the car, as they yelled "get out of our way, n!gger bitch"

you dont know what people go through, so don't just make assumptions on things you dont know.
:tu

Lebron would share as he is ego maniac (Zlatan's point). But you have last word.

daslicer
02-27-2021, 02:24 PM
how can you be sure? you have no clue what hes been through, the situations he faced, or the places hes been outside of "black inner city". you dont know what kinds of situations he may have seen his family, or his mother go through.

Highly unlikely he experienced any in your in face racism growing up in the "black inner city". The only type of racism I can imagine he experienced is possibly white fans of opposing teams hurling racial slurs but I doubt that happened because if it did he would have mentioned it by now. Other then that he could have dealt with racist white cops. His struggle and suffering was dealing with a mom who was a crack whore and living in poverty but I don't think he faced direct in your face racism.

Neo.
02-27-2021, 02:26 PM
:tu

Lebron would share as he is ego maniac. But you have last word.

its not about having last word.

im quite certain wouldn't appreciate it if i said you dont know what its like to face racism, because based off your stories you told, you clearly have.

so why would you do the same to a person you dont know, whether its lebron, michael jordan, or some random kid in montana?

Neo.
02-27-2021, 02:27 PM
Highly unlikely he experienced any in your in face racism growing up in the "black inner city". The only type of racism I can imagine he experienced is possibly white fans of opposing teams hurling racial slurs but I doubt that happened because if it did he would have mentioned it by now. Other then that he could have dealt with racist white cops. His struggle and suffering was dealing with a mom who was a crack whore and living in poverty but I don't think he faced direct in your face racism.

you can think what you want, but fact is, you dont know jack.

lefty
02-27-2021, 02:38 PM

sp word?

lefty
02-27-2021, 02:39 PM

did you punch him in the mouth ?

Neo.
02-27-2021, 02:52 PM
did you punch him in the mouth ?

I would have loved to but they sped off

Texas_Ranger
02-27-2021, 03:18 PM
LeBron responds to Zlatan: 'I would never shut up about things that are wrong'

except if he has to say anything about China. You have to love this activists talking their bullshit only where people are retarded to buy that shit.... C'mon big boys go spread your LGBTQ stuff in countries where that is actually a problem.

Rummpd
02-27-2021, 03:43 PM
GOAT my *&* not even top three as MJ, Kareem and Russell all accomplshed far more. Might not even be top 5 and his record as much based on skipping college as anyting. PED lkely enhanced stat king that has worked himself to stacked teams and now won't win anything without Davis.

lefty
02-27-2021, 07:32 PM
GOAT my *&* not even top three as MJ, Kareem and Russell all accomplshed far more. Might not even be top 5 and his record as much based on skipping college as anyting. PED lkely enhanced stat king that has worked himself to stacked teams and now won't win anything without Davis.

Fuck Lebron for his hypocrisy but he’s still better than Jordan Kareem and Russell combined tbh

i'm_still_beta
02-28-2021, 01:42 AM

Colby went hard

lefty
02-28-2021, 02:12 AM

Colby went hard

:lol another MAGAtard who doesn’t give a fuck about China but uses it to go after a black athlete

Fuck LeBron for his take on thr China situation, but MAGAtards’ opinion on the situation mean jack and shit

FrostKing
02-28-2021, 02:46 AM
"I do my homework"

Only reason he has a high school diploma is his ability to put a ball into round trash can

i'm_still_beta
02-28-2021, 02:57 AM
:lol another MAGAtard who doesn’t give a fuck about China but uses it to go after a black athlete

Fuck LeBron for his take on thr China situation, but MAGAtards’ opinion on the situation mean jack and shit
:lmaotbh

Texas_Ranger
02-28-2021, 12:27 PM

problem is that Covington doesnt try to be a social activist and claim he knows everything. This is also a guy that said Daryl Morey isn't well educated to talk about China. It's like a retard talking shit to a genius.

Rummpd
03-03-2021, 07:31 AM
Stat King and likely PED user James 3-6 without true MVP Davis. The non GOAT at 4-6 in finals continues to post stats while not leading per Par.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/suns-overcome-bookers-ejection-hold-055246910.html

Dirks_Finale
03-03-2021, 05:45 PM
"I do my homework"

Only reason he has a high school diploma is his ability to put a ball into round trash can

Have to give the guy credit for his work with disadvantaged youths. He's obviously doing what MJ failed to do for minorities as the face of the NBA. But all his BS talk about being educated and woke is just that, BS. He's another high profile spam bot who is programmed by the liberal MSM. If you are always trying to find racism under every rock, then you will eventually find it with that sort of mentality. And all this does is create more division with mostly baseless accusations.

lefty
03-03-2021, 06:44 PM
Have to give the guy credit for his work with disadvantaged youths. He's obviously doing what MJ failed to do for minorities as the face of the NBA. But all his BS talk about being educated and woke is just that, BS. He's another high profile spam bot who is programmed by the liberal MSM. If you are always trying to find racism under every rock, then you will eventually find it with that sort of mentality. And all this does is create more division with mostly baseless accusations.
My problem with LeGOAT is that he flaunted that MLK jr quote « Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. » - except in China of course

Both Jordan and Legoat prioritize their bank accounts, there is no difference between them.
Yes James is more outspoken than MJ on black stuff, but let’s be real, in today’s woke era, doing so is not very risky , a lot of people are jumping on the BLM powerful bandwagon

ambchang
03-03-2021, 08:09 PM
My problem with LeGOAT is that he flaunted that MLK jr quote « Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. » - except in China of course

Both Jordan and Legoat prioritize their bank accounts, there os no difference between them.
Yes James is more outspoken than MJ on black stuff, but let’s be real, in today’s woke era, doing is not very risky , a lot of people are jumping on the BLM powerful bandwagon

Truth. So you have to give credit to russell and jabbar.

lefty
03-03-2021, 09:17 PM
Truth. So you have to give credit to russell and jabbar.

Yes but the biggest risk taker was Ali. At first, Kareem, Ben Wallace and James Brown were hesitant but Ali ultimately convinced them to come out and speak up

ambchang
03-03-2021, 10:39 PM
Yes but the biggest risk taker was Ali. At first, Kareem, Ben Wallace and James Brown were hesitant but Ali ultimately convinced them to come out and speak up

Well Ali is the greatest.

But then 20 years after him, corporate shills like Jordan, magic and all didn’t say or do anything. Neither did kobe Duncan or Garnett. Even Robinson didn’t say a word. Barkley, with his jokes and jabs to himself really touched the issue at all. Mahmoud Abdul rauf tried speaking up but was silenced. Craig Hodges was essentially banned for life but they weren’t big enough names to lead the charge. Lebron didn’t do anything significant around the social justice front until kaepernick let Nike see the earnings potential and monetized what he stood for.

Rummpd
03-19-2021, 05:20 PM
PED stat Queen speaking out

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lebron-james-career-mvp-count-122600795.html