PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 4

Trainwreck2100
09-08-2020, 02:42 AM
Release date 11/10

2 versions one will be $300 one will be $500

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed?amp&__twitter_impression=true

I wonder if the PS5 will be 500

Xevious
09-08-2020, 08:52 AM
So with the Series S you're buying a console that's no more powerful than the current XBone X? Obviously It's just to have a system at the lower price point, but why bother tbh? Just so you can play next gen games at 30fps on 1080p?

baseline bum
09-08-2020, 10:21 AM
So with the Series S you're buying a console that's no more powerful than the current XBone X? Obviously It's just to have a system at the lower price point, but why bother tbh? Just so you can play next gen games at 30fps on 1080p?

While the gpu is of similar power, the cpu is upgraded enormously. XBox One X was so cpu bottlenecked while having an overkill gpu that all it could really do is 4k30 or 1800p30. But now Series S has enough cpu to make 1080p60 pretty reasonable for most AAA games. For instance, that kind of cpu + gpu combo can easily handle RDR2 at 1080p60. You won't get 1080p60 on unoptimized crap like Assassins Creed games or on anything they try to turn raytracing on for (unless AMD has a similar upscaling tech like DLSS up their sleeves), but 1080p60 should be reasonable doable for a lot of big games, at least in the first half of the generation, on that system I think.

DJR210
09-08-2020, 06:47 PM
:lol consoles

:lol "Series S"

:lol new 500 dollar revision of the consoles one year after release

baseline bum
09-08-2020, 06:54 PM

??? They're both releasing in November. Series S is like a Ryzen 7 3700 + RX 590 + 512GB NVME SSD for $300 while Series X is like a Ryzen 7 3700 + RTX 2080 / 2080 Super + 1TB NVME SSD for $500. Both sound like pretty amazing deals.

DJR210
09-08-2020, 07:01 PM
??? They're both releasing in November. Series S is like a Ryzen 7 3700 + RX 590 + 512GB NVME SSD for $300 while Series X is like a Ryzen 7 3700 + RTX 2080 / 2080 Super + 1TB NVME SSD for $500. Both sound like pretty amazing deals.

11/21 be sure to get the Xbox Series X Version Z

baseline bum
09-08-2020, 07:06 PM
11/21 be sure to get the Xbox Series X Version Z

LOL prob not buying a console until 2022, my 1660 Super should probably be enough to hold out until then.

09-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Series Ass :lol

spurraider21
09-08-2020, 07:14 PM
:lol poorbox

Joseph Kony
09-08-2020, 07:54 PM
with Microsoft putting their very few exclusives that are worth a shit like Halo/Gears on PC going forward, why the fuck would anyone buy an Xbox x :lol

Reck
09-08-2020, 07:55 PM

Series Ass :lol

:lol poorbox

with Microsoft putting their very few exclusives that are worth a shit like Halo/Gears on PC going forward, why the fuck would anyone buy an Xbox x :lol

The verdict's in. :lol

spurraider21
09-08-2020, 07:56 PM
The verdict's in. :lol
i was going to lol poorbox no matter what they released tbh... they cant proven they can hold a candle to Sony exclusives

baseline bum
09-08-2020, 07:59 PM

Because it's cheap?

baseline bum
09-08-2020, 08:02 PM
i was going to lol poorbox no matter what they released tbh... they cant proven they can hold a candle to Sony exclusives

While XBox One was an abortion thanks to idiot CEO Don Mattrick trying to make it into a hybrid HTPC / Wii after how successful XBox and XBox 360 were targeting hardcore gamers, I wouldn't write them off with with Obsidian and Ninja Theory as first party devs now and with competent hardware this time around.

spurraider21
09-08-2020, 08:24 PM
While XBox One was an abortion thanks to idiot CEO Don Mattrick trying to make it into a hybrid HTPC / Wii after how successful XBox and XBox 360 were targeting hardcore gamers, I wouldn't write them off with with Obsidian and Ninja Theory as first party devs now and with competent hardware this time around.
even still, i prefer PS3's exclusives to PoorBox 360's

honestly to me the consoles dont play differently enough to me to justify picking one over the other just because one may perform marginally better. i never cared for racing games (forza), didnt get into gears, and when i really cared about multiplayer FPS games i preferred COD to Halo... never found a way to justify getting a poorbox. of course that was particularly as somebody in high school/college who couldnt be bothered to drop a grand to buy 2 consoles

baseline bum
09-08-2020, 09:50 PM
even still, i prefer PS3's exclusives to PoorBox 360's

honestly to me the consoles dont play differently enough to me to justify picking one over the other just because one may perform marginally better. i never cared for racing games (forza), didnt get into gears, and when i really cared about multiplayer FPS games i preferred COD to Halo... never found a way to justify getting a poorbox. of course that was particularly as somebody in high school/college who couldnt be bothered to drop a grand to buy 2 consoles

PS3 was pretty terrible until Demons Souls and Uncharted 2 came out. First half of the gen 360 was a much better console, it wasn't even close.

For one, 360 was $200 cheaper.

For two, it had more games and its early gen exclusives were way better. You may not be a Gears fan, but that was a mindblowing game at the time both graphically and with the cover system it used. Then you had top-notch games like Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Bioshock that were 360 exclusives for more than a year because PS3 was such a mess to port to. Then there was Rainbow Six Vegas which came out six months earlier on 360, and The Orange Box (which is where Portal was first released) was out a couple of months earlier on 360. There were probably more examples, but I'm just listing the ones I bought and played at/near launch.

Third, there were some high profile games that were terrible on PS3. Bayonetta was so bad as to be unplayable on PS3 while it played pretty smooth on 360. I'm not talking needing Digital Foundry to do a deep dive video to show the difference, I'm talking slideshow vs smooth playing game, one game completely sucks and one is awesome. Elder Scrolls Skyrim was an enormous mess on PS3 with its save bugs while I found the experience pretty flawless playing from launch on 360. Then Red Dead Redemption 1 looks really bad on PS3 and runs awful also. Game looks so muddy on PS3, they had to render it at such a low resolution on PS3.

PS3 eventually became awesome but Sony was in dire straits for a while with how shit the PS3 was until it was rescued by Naughty Dog. Sony got arrogant after the success of the PS2 and thought people would pay $600 just because the system said PlayStation on it. Meanwhile 360 was a more affordable system whose games looked and ran better and there was more to play. Better controller too, especially vs the launch PS3 with that terrible Sixaxis controller that felt like a Chinese knockoff.

Though early gen 360 did have the RROD that was way more prevalent than the early gen PS3's YLOD. I did have to get my system replaced 4 times, that was a bitch until Microsoft finally sent me an Opus board 360. So that's a huge strike against 360. :lol Though at least they covered it under warranty for years.

DJR210
09-09-2020, 10:32 AM
PS3 was pretty terrible until Demons Souls and Uncharted 2 came out. First half of the gen 360 was a much better console, it wasn't even close.

For one, 360 was $200 cheaper.

For two, it had more games and its early gen exclusives were way better. You may not be a Gears fan, but that was a mindblowing game at the time both graphically and with the cover system it used. Then you had top-notch games like Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Bioshock that were 360 exclusives for more than a year because PS3 was such a mess to port to. Then there was Rainbow Six Vegas which came out six months earlier on 360, and The Orange Box (which is where Portal was first released) was out a couple of months earlier on 360. There were probably more examples, but I'm just listing the ones I bought and played at/near launch.

Third, there were some high profile games that were terrible on PS3. Bayonetta was so bad as to be unplayable on PS3 while it played pretty smooth on 360. I'm not talking needing Digital Foundry to do a deep dive video to show the difference, I'm talking slideshow vs smooth playing game, one game completely sucks and one is awesome. Elder Scrolls Skyrim was an enormous mess on PS3 with its save bugs while I found the experience pretty flawless playing from launch on 360. Then Red Dead Redemption 1 looks really bad on PS3 and runs awful also. Game looks so muddy on PS3, they had to render it at such a low resolution on PS3.

PS3 eventually became awesome but Sony was in dire straits for a while with how shit the PS3 was until it was rescued by Naughty Dog. Sony got arrogant after the success of the PS2 and thought people would pay $600 just because the system said PlayStation on it. Meanwhile 360 was a more affordable system whose games looked and ran better and there was more to play. Better controller too, especially vs the launch PS3 with that terrible Sixaxis controller that felt like a Chinese knockoff.

Though early gen 360 did have the RROD that was way more prevalent than the early gen PS3's YLOD. I did have to get my system replaced 4 times, that was a bitch until Microsoft finally sent me an Opus board 360. So that's a huge strike against 360. :lol Though at least they covered it under warranty for years.

Yep.. PS3 was trash and played catch up to Xbox nearly the entire time.. watching Xbox add new features as they blatantly stole them (achievements, motion controllers, etc) Multi platform games were almost always better on Xbox, whether it be the resolution or the framerate (for example Madden feeling unplayable running at 30 FPS vs the 360's 60 FPS) .. PS3 games were almost always 720p and you're right they almost always ran better on the 360. Sony was also full of shit in some of their ad campaigns, and games like that stupid ass dragon game that showed all the fake gameplay videos and then the game finally releases and the entire community and reviewers fucking hated it lol..

Sony didn't take back the crown until the PS4's launch.. Microsoft fucked themselves from the jump when they announced they were requiring internet connections on the Xbox One (iirc) and gamers got pissed and forced them to rethink their strategy

baseline bum
09-09-2020, 10:36 AM
Yep.. PS3 was trash and played catch up to Xbox nearly the entire time.. watching Xbox add new features as they blatantly stole them (achievements, motion controllers, etc) Multi platform games were almost always better on Xbox, whether it be the resolution or the framerate (for example Madden feeling unplayable running at 30 FPS vs the 360's 60 FPS) .. PS3 games were almost always 720p and you're right they almost always ran better on the 360. Sony was also full of shit in some of their ad campaigns, and games like that stupid ass dragon game that showed all the fake gameplay videos and then the game finally releases and the entire community and reviewers fucking hated it lol..

Sony didn't take back the crown until the PS4's launch.. Microsoft fucked themselves from the jump when they announced they were requiring internet connections on the Xbox One (iirc) and gamers got pissed and forced them to rethink their strategy

I think the always online DRM was the final nail in the coffin of the XBox One, but god damn remember that XBox One reveal where all they did was talk about watching TV on your XBox? :lmao

DJR210
09-09-2020, 10:36 AM
Also, Oblivion was another massive fuckup on PS3 :lol.. that shit chopped and chugged the whole way through, and no amount of cache clearing would ever remedy that trash.. and it ran at a glorious 720p lol still couldn't keep up

DJR210
09-09-2020, 10:39 AM
I think the always online DRM was the final nail in the coffin of the XBox One, but god damn remember that XBox One reveal where all they did was talk about watching TV on your XBox? :lmao

:lol yeah I remember.. that should have been about 10 on the list of features.. MS really got off track w/ the Xbox One and it's crazy because I loved and preferred both the Xbox and 360

Trainwreck2100
09-09-2020, 05:34 PM

Still can't believe that guy failed upward and somehow got someone to pay him more money. Phil's banking on everyone paying for GP Ult and nobody using most of what it offers. He's doing a Planet Fitness, and I think it'll work

Xevious
09-09-2020, 05:35 PM
Kind of funny how Sony shit the bed between PS2 and PS3, then Microsoft did the same thing from 360 to XBone. Makes you wonder what's going to happen this next cycle. Regardless, it's going to be a waiting game for me. If PS5 maintains the quality (and quantity) of their exclusives, that's the only thing that really matters to me any more.

Trainwreck2100
09-09-2020, 07:44 PM
Kind of funny how Sony shit the bed between PS2 and PS3, then Microsoft did the same thing from 360 to XBone. Makes you wonder what's going to happen this next cycle. Regardless, it's going to be a waiting game for me. If PS5 maintains the quality (and quantity) of their exclusives, that's the only thing that really matters to me any more.

the common factor for both was price though so we'll see what PS5 does now that the 500 has finally been confirmed

LaMarcus Bryant
09-10-2020, 09:15 AM

So if I'm understanding the trend of the last 10-15 years.....PC became an overwhelming no brainer for a while, performance was not comparable, then consoles with last generation into this next one are essentially making crazy low priced gamer PCs, making them attractive for economy and budget, and they aren't too far behind in terms of relative performance anymore?

LaMarcus Bryant
09-10-2020, 09:16 AM

I am pretty much with you on that now. I can't see myself sticking with XBOX for my primary console with so many exclusives I'm getting shafted out of. Plus waiting an entire calendar year for shit like FF7R, fuck outta here on that lol

baseline bum
09-10-2020, 11:33 AM
So if I'm understanding the trend of the last 10-15 years.....PC became an overwhelming no brainer for a while, performance was not comparable, then consoles with last generation into this next one are essentially making crazy low priced gamer PCs, making them attractive for economy and budget, and they aren't too far behind in terms of relative performance anymore?

The way I'd look at it:

Consoles are always better bang for the buck. Only time PC was truly a must was in the mid to late 90s when you had first rate first person shooters and RPGs (think Half Life, Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein, Diablo, Fallout) that mostly weren't on console or in the best case were really shitty on console. The only time consoles have ever matched high-end PC power though were when the 360 came out at $400 and was better than a $1000 gaming PC and these new consoles where a $500 XBox Series X is better than a PC you could build today for $1000. Though the PC you could build for $1000 by mid October with Ryzen 4 + RTX 3070 would mop the floor with the XBox Series X. Current gen was pretty shit at launch. Still better bang for the buck, but PS4 and XBox One had ridiculously bad cpus (we're talking mobile cpu level) and gpus that were kind of low end even in 2013 the systems came out. Both PS5 and XBox Series X though are launching with what will be the equivalent of upper midrange gpus once the new PC gpus come out this month and next.

I'd just buy the PS5 at launch in your shoes. I'm not going to buy a PS5 for a while but I already have a PS4 and have played most of the top games on the system, whereas you said you haven't played any of the mountain of high end PS4 exclusives, right? So you'd be jumping into PS5 with a monster library of cheap exclusives to play. Stuff like

Bloodborne
God of War
Persona 5 Royal
The Last of Us Parts I & II
Horizon Zero Dawn
Yakuza 0-6 (though I think 0-2 are on XBox now, I don't think 4-6 are)
Spiderman
Ghost of Tsushima
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Uncharted 1-4
Ratchet & Clank
Kingdom Hearts 1-3

baseline bum
09-14-2020, 06:05 PM
Wow, XBox Series S won't have any of the XBox One X enhancements when playing XBox One games through backwards compatibility. Maybe the gpu is actually a little weaker than what's in the XBox One?

Trainwreck2100
09-14-2020, 09:19 PM
Wow, XBox Series S won't have any of the XBox One X enhancements when playing XBox One games through backwards compatibility. Maybe the gpu is actually a little weaker than what's in the XBox One?
That's correct, it's the cpu that is almost the same

baseline bum
09-14-2020, 09:29 PM
That's correct, it's the cpu that is almost the same

You got it backwards man, the cpu is night and day different. The cpu in a the XBox Series S is basically a full-fat 8 core/16 thread Ryzen 7 3700 underclocked a bit to 3.6 GHz. It's a pretty strong PC gaming cpu for 2020. While the cpu in the XBox One was a 1.7 GHz Jaguar 8C/8T garbage mobile processor that was super low end in 2013. Not only was the core speed super low on the XBox One cpu, but the IPC was horrendous on AMD cpus back then. Even the overclock to 2.1 GHz on the XBox One X didn't do shit, those will still garbage cpus.

I'm going to venture the gpu in the Series S is slightly weaker than the one in the XBox One X. That's the conclusion Digital Foundry came to a couple of months ago when taking an RX 5500XT and downclocking it see what a 4TFLOPS Navi1 gpu would look like since those were the leaked specs of the Series S. They found it slightly weaker than the 6TFLOPS XBox One X gpu. Though I was expecting Navi2 might have some improvement that would pull the 4TFLOPS Navi2 gpu into parity or ahead of the 6TFLOPS X1X gpu. Guess not though.

Trainwreck2100
09-14-2020, 10:39 PM
You got it backwards man, the cpu is night and day different. The cpu in a the XBox Series S is basically a full-fat 8 core/16 thread Ryzen 7 3700 underclocked a bit to 3.6 GHz. It's a pretty strong PC gaming cpu for 2020. While the cpu in the XBox One was a 1.7 GHz Jaguar 8C/8T garbage mobile processor that was super low end in 2013. Not only was the core speed super low on the XBox One cpu, but the IPC was horrendous on AMD cpus back then. Even the overclock to 2.1 GHz on the XBox One X didn't do shit, those will still garbage cpus.

I'm going to venture the gpu in the Series S is slightly weaker than the one in the XBox One X. That's the conclusion Digital Foundry came to a couple of months ago when taking an RX 5500XT and downclocking it see what a 4TFLOPS Navi1 gpu would look like since those were the leaked specs of the Series S. They found it slightly weaker than the 6TFLOPS XBox One X gpu. Though I was expecting Navi2 might have some improvement that would pull the 4TFLOPS Navi2 gpu into parity or ahead of the 6TFLOPS X1X gpu. Guess not though.
I meant is the same as series x.

baseline bum
09-14-2020, 10:59 PM
I meant is the same as series x.

Oh ok. I don't think anyone could have expected anything close to the Series X gpu in the Series S though. Microsoft must be taking an enormous loss per console selling that Series X at $500.

Trainwreck2100
09-14-2020, 11:15 PM
Oh ok. I don't think anyone could have expected anything close to the Series X gpu in the Series S though. Microsoft must be taking an enormous loss per console selling that Series X at $500.

like i said earlier they pulling a planet fitness

baseline bum
09-14-2020, 11:33 PM
like i said earlier they pulling a planet fitness

Damn I thought Game Pass sounded great with news that EA Play was included until I saw EA doesn't put their current year sports games on EA Play and doesn't have Jedi Fallen Order either. But yeah people are going to buy Game Pass to play Madden 20?

Trainwreck2100
09-15-2020, 12:25 AM
Damn I thought Game Pass sounded great with news that EA Play was included until I saw EA doesn't put their current year sports games on EA Play and doesn't have Jedi Fallen Order either. But yeah people are going to buy Game Pass to play Madden 20?

Fallen Order is too successful right now to be on EA play, but should be there by November, current games usually are in the Access Vault in January.

baseline bum
09-21-2020, 09:57 AM

Microsoft just bought Bethesda. Looks like you may have to get a PoorBox after all if you want the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

baseline bum
09-21-2020, 10:01 AM
Shit, Reck is not going to like this news, as it wasn't just Bethesda Microsoft has just bought out. It's the parent company Zenimax, which includes Arkane studios who develops the Dishonored games.

baseline bum
09-21-2020, 10:03 AM
Also looks like Doom and Wolfenstein could end up XBox / PC exclusives in the future.

lefty
09-21-2020, 10:16 AM
:lol Im gonna stick with my Xbox One that I only use for sport games and streaming services

COD, Arkham , etc, all collecting dust

NASpurs
09-21-2020, 10:53 AM
Microsoft just bought Bethesda. Looks like you may have to get a PoorBox after all if you want the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

And a lot of their games are going to be on the PC Game Pass :tu

Reck
09-21-2020, 11:27 AM
Shit, Reck (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412) is not going to like this news, as it wasn't just Bethesda Microsoft has just bought out. It's the parent company Zenimax, which includes Arkane studios who develops the Dishonored games.

Tbh, I can live with or without them. Outside of Dishonored the only games I played from them was Wolfenstein.

ElNono
09-21-2020, 11:46 AM
Pretty ballsy/desperate move by Microsoft, but they needed to do it, IMO... they were getting assraped when it comes to exclusives...

baseline bum
09-21-2020, 11:52 AM
Pretty ballsy/desperate move by Microsoft, but they needed to do it, IMO... they were getting assraped when it comes to exclusives...

Just wondering if they're getting the Jordan on the Wizards version of Bethesda after Fallout 4 was a little disappointing and Fallout 76 was flaming dogshit.

ElNono
09-21-2020, 12:01 PM
Just wondering if they're getting the Jordan on the Wizards version of Bethesda after Fallout 4 was a little disappointing and Fallout 76 was flaming dogshit.

Well, I agree they've been more of hits and misses lately, but it's a lot of studios... I mean, the next Elder Scrolls will sell on hype alone. id always has good value. Arkane is pretty good too.

They should be able to come up with some original IPs there. It would really be terrible if this goes the Minecraft route.

baseline bum
09-21-2020, 12:05 PM
Well, I agree they've been more of hits and misses lately, but it's a lot of studios... I mean, the next Elder Scrolls will sell on hype alone. id always has good value. Arkane is pretty good too.

They should be able to come up with some original IPs there. It would really be terrible if this goes the Minecraft route.

What's the Minecraft route?

Reck
09-21-2020, 01:37 PM

They have turned Minecraft into a catch all I'm guessing is what he meant? A bit like LEGO.

But at least the lego games are fun as hell.

baseline bum
09-21-2020, 02:06 PM
They have turned Minecraft into a catch all I'm guessing is what he meant? A bit like LEGO.

But at least the lego games are fun as hell.

I thought all those Minecraft spinoffs started before Microsoft bought them?

RD2191
09-21-2020, 02:57 PM
This is fucking dope, even more excited about my upcoming Series S purchase.

ElNono
09-21-2020, 03:38 PM

Paid $2.5 billion, never created a new IP (or at least an IP that's noteworthy). Ray Traced Minecraft? meh.

I mean $2.5 billion as a data scrapper, seems a bit expensive.

Trainwreck2100
09-21-2020, 03:48 PM

we'll see, the whole reason we haven't seen one of their new RPGs was because they supposedly been working on a new engine because their original one was ass. No Elder scrolls for almost a decade and we still haven't even caught a glimpse of Starfield, lead me to believe they are a bit away from actually releasing anything soon anyway

Trainwreck2100
09-21-2020, 03:54 PM
Also they bought that shit for 7/8 what disney payed for Marvel and Star Wars together, i mean how much money microsoft make during the pandemic for fuck sake

spurraider21
09-21-2020, 08:14 PM
damn bethesda is a big get. but after the disaster that was Fallout 76 they gotta prove some shit

baseline bum
09-22-2020, 03:52 PM
damn bethesda is a big get. but after the disaster that was Fallout 76 they gotta prove some shit

Something I didn't think of until just now... now that Microsoft will be controlling Bethesda and Obsidian, maybe we see another Obsidian Fallout game. God I loved New Vegas, second only to Fallout 2 for me in the series. Obsidian was started by devs from Black Isle Studios who made the pre-Bethesda Fallouts.

spurraider21
09-22-2020, 03:55 PM
Something I didn't think of until just now... now that Microsoft will be controlling Bethesda and Obsidian, maybe we see another Obsidian Fallout game. God I loved New Vegas, second only to Fallout 2 for me in the series. Obsidian was started by devs from Black Isle Studios who made the pre-Bethesda Fallouts.
havent played 4 yet, still have the disc laying around.

i didnt finish New Vegas either, i ended up getting my PS4 while i was midway through my playthrough. might just be nostalgia but i honestly enjoyed Fallout 3 more than NV (from how far i had gotten)

baseline bum
09-22-2020, 04:00 PM
havent played 4 yet, still have the disc laying around.

i didnt finish New Vegas either, i ended up getting my PS4 while i was midway through my playthrough. might just be nostalgia but i honestly enjoyed Fallout 3 more than NV (from how far i had gotten)

I like NV much more. More customization. Better writing, especially in some of the DLC. I thought the setting was way more interesting too, and since it was by the creators of the original Fallout games it felt much more like a Fallout game while Fallout 3 was like Elder Scrolls with guns and bad graphics IMO.

Fallout 4 is good. It's not as good as 3 or New Vegas, but still something you should definitely check out as a fan of the series. I didn't like any of the Fallout 4 DLC, but the base game was a solid 7.5/10, maybe 8/10.

baseline bum
09-22-2020, 04:02 PM
Though I will say one of the DLC from New Vegas is absolutely horrible and one of the worst DLC ever made for a big budget game. But the other 3 DLC are really high quality for New Vegas.

spurraider21
09-22-2020, 04:26 PM
I like NV much more. More customization. Better writing, especially in some of the DLC. I thought the setting was way more interesting too, and since it was by the creators of the original Fallout games it felt much more like a Fallout game while Fallout 3 was like Elder Scrolls with guns and bad graphics IMO.

Fallout 4 is good. It's not as good as 3 or New Vegas, but still something you should definitely check out as a fan of the series. I didn't like any of the Fallout 4 DLC, but the base game was a solid 7.5/10, maybe 8/10.

Though I will say one of the DLC from New Vegas is absolutely horrible and one of the worst DLC ever made for a big budget game. But the other 3 DLC are really high quality for New Vegas.
yeah i didnt get to any of the NV dlc yet, and i know you said some good things about one of them, Old World Blues or something like that?

Fallout 3 DLC was pretty hit or miss. the alien weapons were fun, but that DLC felt pretty out of place. I do remember loving The Pitt. the alaska simulation one was neat too, as was Point Lookout with that AI scientist guy. the postgame add-on DLC was meh.

i only have the fallout 4 base game, dont anticipate paying for DLC unless i end up really loving the game.

after i finish witcher 3 (already beat the main game and the first DLC, on blood and wine now), not sure what i'ma jump to next. probably bioshock 2 but i dont imagine that taking too long... but as far as more massive games i'm probably looking at Dark Souls 2, Nioh, or Rise of the Tomb Raider

baseline bum
09-22-2020, 05:22 PM
yeah i didnt get to any of the NV dlc yet, and i know you said some good things about one of them, Old World Blues or something like that?

Fallout 3 DLC was pretty hit or miss. the alien weapons were fun, but that DLC felt pretty out of place. I do remember loving The Pitt. the alaska simulation one was neat too, as was Point Lookout with that AI scientist guy. the postgame add-on DLC was meh.

i only have the fallout 4 base game, dont anticipate paying for DLC unless i end up really loving the game.

after i finish witcher 3 (already beat the main game and the first DLC, on blood and wine now), not sure what i'ma jump to next. probably bioshock 2 but i dont imagine that taking too long... but as far as more massive games i'm probably looking at Dark Souls 2, Nioh, or Rise of the Tomb Raider

Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't that massive. It's like an Uncharted game in length, highly recommended though. Nioh is pretty long, I want to say I put around 100 hours into it. Yeah the Old World Blues DLC for New Vegas is amazing IMO. I really liked the one that took place in Zion National Park too. There was a DLC in New Vegas where you were a prisoner though which was terrible. I really liked Bioshock 2. I think it's pretty underrated, but that comes with the territory being the middle game of a trilogy where the first and third games were both so mindblowing. I don't figure the first had that same effect when you played it, but at launch Bioshock was the kind of game that made you think damn it was worth dropping $400 to buy a next gen system.

ElNono
09-22-2020, 05:33 PM

Some of those guys aren't with Obsidian anymore. IIRC, the main writer for NV worked with Guerrilla in HZD....

Trainwreck2100
09-22-2020, 06:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/coCXwOM.jpeg

My favorite NV line

DJR210
09-23-2020, 11:57 AM
Damn.. MS purchasing Bethesda is pretty significant. Shit just got serious.

Reck
10-08-2020, 06:10 PM
Microsoft is really investing heavy in gaming. They essentially bought GameStop and got them off the edge of the cliff.