PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Luka or Giannis or someone else?

KingOfEmpire
09-10-2020, 10:07 PM
Who is your pick if you're building your franchise today?

RD2191
09-10-2020, 10:10 PM
:claw

Killakobe81
09-10-2020, 10:19 PM
Luka period

LkrFan
09-10-2020, 10:24 PM
Luka period

lefty
09-10-2020, 10:34 PM
:claw

FrostKing
09-10-2020, 10:47 PM
Sad timing for NBA

Two best players are foreign and Euro. Overshadowed by domestic bitching.

FrostKing
09-10-2020, 11:38 PM
Luka. Offensive Era and he's a creator. Line of scorers want to play for him.

Lord Luka. Mavericks snag a couple titles.

daslicer
09-10-2020, 11:45 PM
A more interesting question is if you could pick between Luka,Jokic,Giannis to start a team who would you pick and in what order?

lefty
09-11-2020, 01:02 AM

Lebron and Kawhi are from Norway?

FrostKing
09-11-2020, 01:07 AM
Lebron and Kawhi are from Norway?
Lebron is from Spain and Kawhi Turkish

Killakobe81
09-11-2020, 07:11 AM

No truth yet that a line of scorers wanna play with him. Luka to me is brilliant my favorite non Laker to watch but he has to be mindful of all the ref bitching and an over reliance on over dribbling and step backs.
We can't critique Harden for this and give Luka a pass.
Don't get me we wrong, he is getting a lot of contact uncalled and is quicker to pass than Harden but the similarities are there.

Neo.
09-11-2020, 09:46 AM
No truth yet that a line of scorers wanna play with him. Luka to me is brilliant my favorite non Laker to watch but he has to be mindful of all the ref bitching and an over reliance on over dribbling and step backs.
We can't critique Harden for this and give Luka a pass.
Don't get me we wrong, he is getting a lot of contact uncalled and is quicker to pass than Harden but the similarities are there.

similarities in certain skills sure

but his game isnt nearly as gimmicky or ref-reliant as harden

and he doesn't shrink when his team needs him or he sees physicality, doubles and triples

those are more of the reasons harden is critiqued, bc his exceptional skills disappear when his team needs them. this year, luka proved he actually improves when his team needs him.

Killakobe81
09-11-2020, 10:23 AM
similarities in certain skills sure

but his game isnt nearly as gimmicky or ref-reliant as harden

and he doesn't shrink when his team needs him or he sees physicality, doubles and triples

those are more of the reasons harden is critiqued, bc his exceptional skills disappear when his team needs them. this year, luka proved he actually improves when his team needs him.

No doubt...he already shows more intestinal fortitude than Harden. I'm just saying I would like to see less stepbacks and less bitching. I don't even think his over reliance on dribbling is nearly as bad as Harden. Luka dribbles to get the advantage and goes to the paint Harden does it to much and for show ...

Chucho
09-11-2020, 10:47 AM
Kawhi and it's not even close.

No one makes the impact he does on a team.

Killakobe81
09-11-2020, 11:41 AM
Kawhi and it's not even close.

No one makes the impact he does on a team.

Agree if the goal is to win in 2020 or 2021
Longterm its Luka and its not close

Chucho
09-11-2020, 11:45 AM
Agree if the goal is to win in 2020 or 2021
Longterm its Luka and its not close

I think so to an extent, but just unsure til I see just a tad more success and durability (I know that sounds hypocritical based on me digging Mr. Load Management, but his success is pretty much unequaled since '14).

But Kawhi has a good 5-7 years minimum in the tank and the guy is just an assassin. He's the only player in the NBA with the track record where you can literally put him almost anywhere and they become contenders.

Gives some light at the end of this shitty tunnel. Can't wait for LeBron and Carmelo and Chris Paul and the rest of that generation to filter out of the league. We need a palate cleanse.

Dirks_Finale
09-11-2020, 12:07 PM
Luka - but I'm biased, obviously.

Book's not closed on Giannis. Not totally convinced he is a beta but it's looking that way.

Rusty
09-11-2020, 12:33 PM
Kawhi Leonard if he wasn't cursed with that degeneritive knee would've been the GOAT. This man was guarding the best player while giving you 25+ points every game

Neo.
09-11-2020, 12:41 PM
No doubt...he already shows more intestinal fortitude than Harden. I'm just saying I would like to see less stepbacks and less bitching. I don't even think his over reliance on dribbling is nearly as bad as Harden. Luka dribbles to get the advantage and goes to the paint Harden does it to much and for show ...

:toast all truths

gambit1990
09-11-2020, 03:49 PM
question: is my franchise in la?

if yes, then kawhi.

if no, then luka.

phxspurfan
09-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Luka between the two

Texas_Ranger
09-11-2020, 06:45 PM
Luka. He just needs to stop taking tough shots and rather attack the basket more, cause when he does it he gets to the basket with no problem. His 3pt % is so low just cause of the step backs. He also need to shoot the FT's at least 80%. His defense was pretty good this year and I dont see how it wont get better.
With Giannis idk. He's just a shitty shooter. Yes, he is great at attacking the rim, but once u put 2 or 3 players in the paint he is done. He is a solid passer, but even that he should improve. I love his defense, but in this new NBA era that doesnt put him over Luka.
I said it before. Give Luka Klay Thompson or some shooter that can actually make shots and the Mavs will be champs 5X in a row. If Porzingis is healthy.

R. DeMurre
09-11-2020, 09:27 PM
Luka just turned old enough to legally buy a beer this year. That's insane. The really scary thought is Giannis joining him in Dallas to form a super Euro team.

Buddy Mignon
09-11-2020, 10:26 PM
Are there still Suns fans here? Luuk has the goods. He needs some help, though.

Buddy Mignon
09-11-2020, 10:27 PM
I dunno, Luka statistically is also one of the worst catch-and-shoot 3pt shooters in the league. He has good form and clearly can shoot, so I don’t know what is causing all the misses. Dallas media has a theory that maybe “easy” shots are boring for him and so he loses focus, and that could be true as it might cross over to his free throws.

He's too talented to continue that behavior. I see him eventually being an all time great shooter.