PDA

View Full Version : Trump to Rule on TikTok Deal

DMX7
09-17-2020, 12:29 PM
The proposed deal doesn't even come close to meeting what Trump had demanded. How can he approve this?

-Oracle/Walmart only get a minority 20% stake
-The important algorithm stays in China and isn't transferred

A deal that keeps ByteDance as a majority stakeholder in TikTok’s U.S. operations will contradict Trump’s earlier pronouncements that the only remedy to a U.S. ban is a sale to a U.S.-based company. TikTok selected Oracle’s offer to be a “trusted technology partner” and a minority stake holder earlier this week over Microsoft’s offer, which had been in talks to acquire all of TikTok’s U.S. assets, as well as in Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

-They won't even let Trump skim money off the deal. :lol

Trump on Wednesday also backed off his desire to demand “key money” from allowing the transaction, saying his lawyers told him it was illegal.

“Amazingly I find that you’re not allowed to do that,” Trump said. “I said, ‘What kind of a thing is this?’ If they’re willing to make big payments to the government, they’re not allowed because there’s no way of doing that from a — there’s no legal path to do that.”

koriwhat
09-17-2020, 12:30 PM
i say shut it down completely and all other chinese apps from here on out. fuck china!

DMX7
09-17-2020, 12:31 PM
i say shut it down completely and all other chinese apps from here on out. fuck china!

Oracle CEO is a Trump MAGA donor, so expect Trump to flip on his tough China stance. All talk.

koriwhat
09-17-2020, 12:36 PM
Oracle CEO is a Trump MAGA donor, so expect Trump to flip on his tough China stance. All talk.

i hope he doesn't flip regardless of that donor.

we need to weed out china from every facet of our economy.

DMX7
09-17-2020, 12:43 PM

Trump doesn't care what you think. :lol

He cares what his big money donors think. It's all a show.

koriwhat
09-17-2020, 01:00 PM
Trump doesn't care what you think. :lol

He cares what his big money donors think. It's all a show.

you could be right... lets hope not but chances aren't good.

hater
09-17-2020, 01:03 PM
Idiot americans dont realize th3namerican companies Google, Facebook, Instagram, all wrote the book on surveillance and use it to make $$$ off ppl :lol

Idiots :lol

Everyone should watch The Social Dilemma on Netflix ASAP

DMX7
09-17-2020, 01:22 PM
Idiot americans dont realize th3namerican companies Google, Facebook, Instagram, all wrote the book on surveillance and use it to make $$$ off ppl :lol

There's a difference between American companies using that data to sell me stuff and this TikTok thing though.

hater
09-17-2020, 01:23 PM
There's a difference between American companies using that data to sell me stuff and this TikTok thing though.

No there isnt

Both do it for $$$

DMX7
09-17-2020, 01:26 PM
No there isnt

Both do it for $$$

American companies selling me stuff is more legitimate than what could happen with TikTok. But then again, I don't even have a Facebook account because I don't trust Facebook with any of my info (personal data, pictures, private messages, etc.).

hater
09-17-2020, 01:29 PM
American companies selling me stuff is more legitimate than what could happen with TikTok. But then again, I don't even have a Facebook account because I don't trust Facebook with any of my info (personal data, pictures, private messages, etc.).

Smart man :tu

Me too.

Tiktok is a corporation whose goal is to make $$$ they will behave same as American companies.

SnakeBoy
09-17-2020, 01:31 PM

Biden will set it right. Your rights are more important to him than corporate money.

koriwhat
09-17-2020, 01:39 PM

i beg to differ. i think most are well aware of bigTech's malfeasance. however, i also think most are too addicted to their dopamine hits of likes, comments, and more.

social media was and is the beginning of the end for any free nation.

DMX7
09-17-2020, 01:40 PM
Tiktok is a corporation whose goal is to make $$$ they will behave same as American companies.

It's not as simple as that, Tiktok could be way worse. Read this: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/opinion/tiktok-china-strategy.html

hater
09-17-2020, 01:52 PM
i beg to differ. i think most are well aware of bigTech's malfeasance. however, i also think most are too addicted to their dopamine hits of likes, comments, and more.

social media was and is the beginning of the end for any free nation.

Agree

But I disagree most americans know the truth.

Hopefully that netflix docu will open some eyes

koriwhat
09-17-2020, 01:54 PM
Agree

netflix is just as bad imo.

spurraider21
09-17-2020, 01:54 PM

we need to weed out china from every facet of our economy.
so we should hurt our economy on purpose?

hater
09-17-2020, 01:56 PM
It's not as simple as that, Tiktok could be way worse. Read this: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/opinion/tiktok-china-strategy.html

:lmao NYT parroting deep state propaganda again :lol

Truth is whatever you are afraid of of tiktok and china is alreafy happening with US companies and US i telligence and deep state.

And if you think thats ok because its the US you are commiting a grave mistake. No government US or China should be doing this. Also remember US is doing it in Europe, Asia, etc.

The solution is A) there should be signed treaties that no government should do this (good luck getting US on the table for that) qnd B) governments and ppl need to fight back the corporations and hold them responsible for affecting ppls psyche.

hater
09-17-2020, 01:56 PM
netflix is just as bad imo.

Possibly. But that doesnt mean you should boycott some of their great docum3ntaries.

hater
09-17-2020, 01:58 PM
Oh and :lmao at americans thinking this decision is up to Trump :lmao :lol

The decision has already been taken by the deep state. Trump is just a puppet pretending its up to him

koriwhat
09-17-2020, 02:01 PM

lol hurt our economy by getting rid of tiktok? too bad too sad pedo groomers, "influencers", dumb dancing nurses, and "sex workers'. lmao

spurraider21
09-17-2020, 02:02 PM
lol hurt our economy by getting rid of tiktok? too bad too sad pedo groomers, "influencers", dumb dancing nurses, and "sex workers'. lmao
you wanted to cut more ties than just TikTok

koriwhat
09-17-2020, 02:03 PM
Possibly. But that doesnt mean you should boycott some of their great docum3ntaries.

great docu's aren't made by netflix but instead adam curtis.

koriwhat
09-17-2020, 02:04 PM
you wanted to cut more ties than just TikTok

cut them all! also cut china off completely from anything to do with the USA. :tu

spurraider21
09-17-2020, 02:06 PM
cut them all! also cut china off completely from anything to do with the USA. :tu

koriwhat
09-17-2020, 02:09 PM
i get it SR, it's easier said than done. i'm just giving my opinion and by no means am i the logistics guy nor an economist. don't get too worked up over one man's opinion. :tu

DMX7
09-17-2020, 02:17 PM
Oh and :lmao at americans thinking this decision is up to Trump :lmao :lol

The decision has already been taken by the deep state. Trump is just a puppet pretending its up to him

There is no "deep state" -- this is a conspiracy theory. :lol

Trump's donors will call the shot on this Tiktok deal therefore it will happen.

DMC
09-17-2020, 02:20 PM
We cannot cut all ties with China. It would be nice if we could, but much of the economic growth over the past 30 years is directly tied to market growth in China an companies have blueprinted their forecasts on emerging markets in Asia.

hater
09-17-2020, 02:30 PM
There is no "deep state" -- this is a conspiracy theory. :lol

Trump's donors will call the shot on this Tiktok deal therefore it will happen.

:lol americans are so gullible :lol

FrostKing
09-17-2020, 02:38 PM
The fight to regain our culture

DMX7
09-17-2020, 03:08 PM
:lol americans are so gullible :lol

In general sure, but not me. I'm not the one who believes in the "deep state". :lol Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy too? :lol

Ef-man
09-17-2020, 03:10 PM
The fight to regain our culture

Polish culture?

No thanks.

hater
09-17-2020, 03:24 PM
In general sure, but not me. I'm not the one who believes in the "deep state". :lol Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy too? :lol

The deep state are the intelligence, security and military agencies. You dont believe those exist? :lmao

So gullible

DMX7
09-17-2020, 03:33 PM
The deep state are the intelligence, security and military agencies. You dont believe those exist? :lmao

So gullible

Now you're trying to pretend that you don't even know what the "deep state" is. :rollin How embarrassing for you. :lol

FrostKing
09-17-2020, 03:37 PM
Polish culture?

No thanks.
Far superior. Granted benefit of religion but the traditions are badass.

Clean streets, respectful locals and calm everyday life.

hater
09-17-2020, 03:51 PM
Now you're trying to pretend that you don't even know what the "deep state" is. :rollin How embarrassing for you. :lol

That is the deep state.

They make decision based on imperialist ideologies and lobbying from US oligarchy but in the end its those agencies. Whatbdid u think it was boogiemen? :lmao

DMX7
09-17-2020, 04:16 PM
That is the deep state.

They make decision based on imperialist ideologies and lobbying from US oligarchy but in the end its those agencies. Whatbdid u think it was boogiemen? :lmao

Trump can appoint the heads of all those agencies and fire them. Did you think it was Hillary Clinton who appointed them? :lmao

koriwhat
09-17-2020, 04:38 PM
Trump can appoint the heads of all those agencies and fire them. Did you think it was Hillary Clinton who appointed them? :lmao

it's funny because he could've done the same with comey from day 1 but the media and the dems cried foul from the beginning when the pres was contemplating letting comey go from the get go. yall seem to think the transition to this admin was smooth sailing.

ChumpDumper
09-17-2020, 04:40 PM
No, we think everything with this administration has been a disaster.

hater
09-17-2020, 04:43 PM

You think the "heads" run those agencies? :lmao

They have as much power on deep state as Trump :lol

DMX7
09-17-2020, 07:22 PM
You think the "heads" run those agencies? :lmao

They have as much power on deep state as Trump :lol

You just said the agencies are the deep state but not the people who lead them and have the power to hire and fire within the agency? OK BAHAHAHAHHA :lol you don’t even know who you’re talking about.

hater
09-17-2020, 07:40 PM
You just said the agencies are the deep state but not the people who lead them and have the power to hire and fire within the agency? OK BAHAHAHAHHA :lol you don’t even know who you’re talking about.

The agencies have career high ups that are part of the deep state. This is not rocket science n8g :lol

hater
09-18-2020, 06:31 AM
15% of tiktok users will be 1st time voters. A decision might not b final until after elections because of this

My money is that deep state already decided to ban it.

spurraider21
09-18-2020, 12:26 PM
15% of tiktok users will be 1st time voters. A decision might not b final until after elections because of this

trump is deciding to ban it

:lmao we give other countries shit (justifiably) for banning social media sites like facebook, now the US is becoming that

koriwhat
09-18-2020, 03:09 PM
trump is deciding to ban it

:lmao we give other countries shit (justifiably) for banning social media sites like facebook, now the US is becoming that

where's the checkmark for marxist commie considering how hard you cheerlead for the ccp. fuck out of here!

hater
09-18-2020, 03:13 PM

Called it :tu

Bogie
09-18-2020, 03:19 PM
Called it :tu

The only people that use ridiculous terms like deep state are brain dead cowardly racist trumpers, or foreign trolls trying to push an anti America agenda.

which one are you?

Chucho
09-18-2020, 03:23 PM
Agree

T'was good enough. But Netflix had good reason to make it: get some eyes off social media and onto them.

Mot people already know and they just don't care. It's probably the biggest addiciton Murica faces, even moreso than food.

hater
09-18-2020, 03:25 PM
T'was good enough. But Netflix had good reason to make it: get some eyes off social media and onto them.

Mot people already know and they just don't care. It's probably the biggest addiciton Murica faces, even moreso than food.

Its not just america. Its the whole world.

spurraider21
09-18-2020, 03:39 PM
where's the checkmark for marxist commie considering how hard you cheerlead for the ccp. fuck out of here!
i dont care for the CCP. i think the current chinese regime is a shitty authoritarian one, and they govern through bullshit single party rule

great strawman though

koriwhat
09-18-2020, 03:46 PM
i dont care for the CCP. i think the current chinese regime is a shitty authoritarian one, and they govern through bullshit single party rule

great strawman though

nope you're here crying over tiktok so there's only one explanation for it. let me guess you think the china virus is trump's virus? lol

spurraider21
09-18-2020, 04:10 PM
nope you're here crying over tiktok so there's only one explanation for it. let me guess you think the china virus is trump's virus? lol
tiktok is not the CCP. its a social media app.

the virus came from china, who did not act in the best interests of everybody else and put the world at risk. that part is not on trump

the US was also woefully underprepared and had a horrible response strategy to the virus which put hundreds of thousands of lives in jeopardy and has fucked our economy. that part is largely on trump

koriwhat
09-18-2020, 04:12 PM
tiktok is not the CCP. its a social media app.

the virus came from china, who did not act in the best interests of everybody else and put the world at risk. that part is not on trump

the US was also woefully underprepared and had a horrible response strategy to the virus which put hundreds of thousands of lives in jeopardy and has fucked our economy. that part is largely on trump

lmao we were underprepared for a man-made virus... and yes tiktok might be a social media app but the ccp owns everything china made so don't try and be cute about it your allegiance is duly noted. :tu

spurraider21
09-18-2020, 04:14 PM
lmao we were underprepared for a man-made virus... and yes tiktok might be a social media app but the ccp owns everything china made so don't try and be cute about it your allegiance is duly noted. :tu
whether or not it was a "manmade virus" (no evidence to support that), yes we were absolutely unprepared. compare our response to south korea or germany. we didnt have ample testing for months on end, while our president was downplaying it as a flu and a hoax while in private knowing how dangerous it was. we now have a quarter of the world's covid deaths. that means many other places were better prepared and responded better than we did, whether it was manmade or not

i dont use tiktok so i dont care. but banning social media platforms is pretty authoritarian... we criticize authoritarians like china (:lol the irony) for banning facebook, youtube, etc

koriwhat
09-18-2020, 04:17 PM
whether or not it was a "manmade virus" (no evidence to support that), yes we were absolutely unprepared. compare our response to south korea or germany. we didnt have ample testing for months on end, while our president was downplaying it as a flu and a hoax while in private knowing how dangerous it was. we now have a quarter of the world's covid deaths. that means many other places were better prepared and responded better than we did, whether it was manmade or not

i dont use tiktok so i dont care. but banning social media platforms is pretty authoritarian... we criticize authoritarians like china (:lol the irony) for banning facebook, youtube, etc

lol believing everything MSM tells you. i bet you still think the virus isn't transferred human-to-human... oh wait, maybe you believe the hospitals are over capacity... or better yet the shit sticks to surfaces for 17 days.

koriwhat
09-18-2020, 04:18 PM
we should start banning our own social media platforms too... they aren't who they parade themselves to be. and you keeping up this cheerleading for tiktok while dismissing the overreach they had with the help of the ccp is down right ridiculous but go on you little commie.

spurraider21
09-18-2020, 04:20 PM
lol believing everything MSM tells you. i bet you still think the virus isn't transferred human-to-human... oh wait, maybe you believe the hospitals are over capacity... or better yet the shit sticks to surfaces for 17 days.
pretty good evidence it transmits person to person. its why we wear masks :tu

spurraider21
09-18-2020, 04:20 PM
we should start banning our own social media platforms too... they aren't who they parade themselves to be. and you keeping up this cheerleading for tiktok while dismissing the overreach they had with the help of the ccp is down right ridiculous but go on you little commie.
RIP free speech

koriwhat
09-18-2020, 04:22 PM

it was called sarcasm you progressive... jesus yall need to find your funny bone and learn a thing or two about sarcasm too.

hater
09-18-2020, 04:26 PM

Agreed

hater
09-18-2020, 04:27 PM
RIP free speech

We dont need to ban them outright.

Just ban the practice of data mining and manipulating the users to gain profit for them.

And everytime they make a dollar off someone that someone needs to know.

koriwhat
09-18-2020, 04:28 PM
Agreed

^ another dense fool

hater
We also should not ban tiktok or whatever. Just have treaties and standards to prevent governments from using these apps from spying.

Its all doable

hater
^ another dense fool

Your snatch is leaking faggot. Close your legs

koriwhat
09-18-2020, 04:29 PM
Your snatch is leaking faggot. Close your legs

let me guess it's going to be another day of hating and loving trump from ST's own mud skipper hater? boring...

hater
09-18-2020, 04:40 PM
let me guess it's going to be another day of hating and loving trump from ST's own mud skipper hater? boring...

Lol I never love that human chimpanzee. I did prefer him over shillary yes. And I also called out the Russia hoax. Thats all

Oh and between him and Kamala its a toss up. Besides that Trump is one of the most disgusting humans 8n history

baseline bum
09-18-2020, 04:47 PM

Public vs private positions bad in 2016. But good in 2020 when they lead to 200k American corpses from COVID-45? We're such a shithole country. Fucking failed state.

Xevious
09-19-2020, 12:47 AM
Just watched that tonight. Good recommendation tbh.

MultiTroll
10-28-2021, 04:19 PM
Can't stand phaggot Ted Cruz and similar GOP, but that does not mean he is not spot on in these questions to TikTok exec Beckerman.
Ted points out how one of the main dudes in TikTok is ex internet propganda chief for Chink CP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLAwqEXx-aM

MultiTroll
10-28-2021, 04:21 PM
TikTok exec Beckerman sounds like massively lying phaggot.

Similar ownage by chick Blackmon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKr6yW_JqqA

ChumpDumper
10-28-2021, 05:14 PM
Can't stand phaggot Ted Cruz and similar GOP, but that does not mean he is not spot on in these questions to TikTok exec Beckerman.
Ted points out how one of the main dudes in TikTok is ex internet propganda chief for Chink CP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLAwqEXx-aMChinese Company Run By Chinese!

MultiTroll
10-28-2021, 05:37 PM
Chinese Company Run By Chinese!
Lame generalization.
All Chinese did not join TikTok from being head Internet Propaganda Chink.

ChumpDumper
10-28-2021, 05:54 PM
Lame generalization.
All Chinese did not join TikTok from being head Internet Propaganda Chink.So what?

It's a Chinese company.

What are you expecting?

Stop looking at young girls dancing on it.

hater
10-28-2021, 06:31 PM
:lmao american retards

Chinese using google and facebook ok :tu

Americans using tiktok bad :(

And they think this makes sense :lmao

Retards :lmao

ChumpDumper
10-28-2021, 06:53 PM
^Tik Tok user

hater
10-28-2021, 06:59 PM
^Tik Tok user

:lol

U wish Nancypants

Random cPeople videotaping themselves alone is one of the most pathetic things humankind has devolved to :lmao

I dont even do facefuck , bitch :lol

ChumpDumper
10-28-2021, 07:01 PM
:lol

U wish Nancypants

Random cPeople videotaping themselves alone is one of the most pathetic things humankind has devolved to :lmao

I dont even do facefuck , bitch :lol
:lol meltdown

Record it and post to your Tik Tok account.

hater
10-28-2021, 07:08 PM
:lol meltdown

Record it and post to your Tik Tok account.

Ok Nancypants. Whatever your fantasy world requests :lol

Ef-man
10-28-2021, 08:49 PM

Damn, you called it!

Trump folded bigly on this.