lefty
09-18-2020, 10:48 AM
black 2007 Dirk

Seventyniner
09-18-2020, 10:48 AM
2007 Dirk says hi.

KobesAchilles
09-18-2020, 11:01 AM
Did they Fed EX it to Greece after it had been sitting on the front porch of Disney Land for the past week? :lmao

Rummpd
09-18-2020, 11:13 AM
Fraud season and fraud MVP with coming ****champ

Kawhitstorm
09-18-2020, 11:14 AM
black 2007 Dirk

-2nd rd
-Didn’t get emasculated by midgets
-Heat are only two wins away from the Finals

More comparable to Mourning’s Heat being upset by the ‘99 Knicks...Malone stole Zo’s MVP

LkrFan
09-18-2020, 12:20 PM
He received it from Cancun? :lol

Laker_1995
09-18-2020, 12:29 PM
Can’t shoot
can’t dribble
liability on offense

MVP Giannis

Spurtacular
09-18-2020, 01:41 PM
Quitting on your team like Kawhi is most valuable.

:lolK

Dirks_Finale
09-18-2020, 03:20 PM
2007 Dirk says hi.

Giannis had a better supporting cast.

Dirks_Finale
09-18-2020, 03:21 PM
Most worthless MVP ever

Nash's 2 MVPs equal one half of a legitimate MVP, tbh.

Spurtacular
09-18-2020, 04:05 PM
Nash's 2 MVPs equal one half of a legitimate MVP, tbh.

Don't drink the haterade. Nash was worthy both years. LeStat Stuffer is hyped and Past Prime Shaq is just salty.

The shame is that he was lobbing threes like grenades like Curry/Harden were allowed to do.

Dirks_Finale
09-18-2020, 04:10 PM
Don't drink the haterade. Nash was worthy both years. LeStat Stuffer is hyped and Past Prime Shaq is just salty.

The shame is that he was lobbing threes like grenades like Curry/Harden were allowed to do.

Over used system player, just like Harden.

daslicer
09-18-2020, 04:34 PM

I would say that Mavs team was better they had Terry,Harris,Howard,Stackhouse. I take ‘07 Terry over Bledsoe. Middleton is better than ‘07 Howard but by not so much.

Dirks_Finale
09-18-2020, 05:32 PM
I would say that Mavs team was better they had Terry,Harris,Howard,Stackhouse. I take ‘07 Terry over Bledsoe. Middleton is better than ‘07 Howard but by not so much.

I like Middleton over our 2nd fiddle type guys. The problem with that Mav's team was we had a bunch of 3rd wheel types, but no legit #2. So while it's true Dirk choked, he was not armed with a legit side kick and it showed with the way GSW was able to swarm him and get away with it.

Kawhitstorm
09-18-2020, 06:40 PM

Carlisle won the Finals via zone defense while Dork was shooting a scorching 41%:wow

TDMVPDPOY
09-18-2020, 08:10 PM

no, fkn kent has no offensiev skillset besides rushing to the key for easy baskets, nothing more then a 7ft enrique...glad defenders camp in the key not allowing and driving lanes

DMC
09-19-2020, 10:01 AM
When you have to recruit a 1st overall draft pick and the face of the franchise (and former All Star game MVP) Anthony Davis just to have a chance at a fraud year championship, you don't deserve MVP. Shaq should have 5 MVPs but has one. Kobe has one. Stacking talent means diluted team MVP thus diluted league MVP.

dbreiden83080
09-19-2020, 10:37 AM
Most worthless MVP ever

Based on Reg Season he did earn it. But voters going forward likely will be going another way.. It may be the last 1 he wins..

I mean Duncan won back to back MVP's... And Thus far Giannis obviously is no Duncan in the playoffs..

The Gemini Method
09-19-2020, 06:45 PM
Congrats to Giannis on his consecutive MVP. Put up a PER that was historic. I am biased. I thought LeBron should've won it, but he didn't. Now the cape gets heavier for Giannis in his next campaign. Can he finally lead his team to the promise land? What will Bucks' FO due to improve this roster?

Rummpd
09-19-2020, 07:51 PM
Congrats to Giannis on his consecutive MVP. Put up a PER that was historic. I am biased. I thought LeBron should've won it, but he didn't. Now the cape gets heavier for Giannis in his next campaign. Can he finally lead his team to the promise land? What will Bucks' FO due to improve this roster?

Why did LARoid who could not get into playoffs before DAQuit came even be top 5? Davis is MVP of LAL by any cognizant reasoning.

The Gemini Method
09-19-2020, 07:59 PM
Why did LARoid who could not get into playoffs before DAQuit came even be top 5? Davis is MVP of LAL by any cognizant reasoning. I can see why AD would be considered the Lakers' MVP. However the +/- w/o LeBron on the floor and say an AD led offense was pretty pedestrian compared to when LeBron was on the court with any Laker line-up. The offense was stagnant at times with only AD and Caruso or Bradley bringing the ball up. I don't want to pull up the stats because the argument is moot neither AD or LeBron won the MVP, but how many points of AD's was in relation to LeBron's assists? The leadership and playoff experience of Bron is also a facto that needs to be weighed. For instance, if AD had any other superstar teammate...say like Kawhi...after game 1's abysmal showing vs. the Rockets, I don't know if Leonard would've lit in to AD like LeBron did telling hime to go aggressive. It's how game 2 and in essence the series changed. I don't 100 percent agree that LeBron should've won it over Giannis. I do think he deserved more than 16 votes. To me, the more astonishing thing was the 1 voter out of 100 who didn't vote AD for any of the All-NBA teams.

Rummpd
09-21-2020, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=The Gemini Method;10267333]I can see why AD would be considered the Lakers' MVP. However the +/- w/o LeBron on the floor and say an AD led offense was pretty pedestrian compared to when LeBron was on the court with any Laker line-up. The offense was stagnant at times with only AD and Caruso or Bradley bringing the ball up. I don't want to pull up the stats because the argument is moot neither AD or LeBron won the MVP, but how many points of AD's was in relation to LeBron's assists? The leadership and playoff experience of Bron is also a facto that needs to be weighed. For instance, if AD had any other superstar teammate...say like Kawhi...after game 1's abysmal showing vs. the Rockets, I don't know if Leonard would've lit in to AD like LeBron did telling hime to go aggressive. It's how game 2 and in essence the series changed. I don't 100 percent agree that LeBron should've won it over Giannis. I do think he deserved more than 16 votes. To me, the more astonishing thing was the 1 voter out of 100 who didn't vote AD for any of the All-NBA teams.[/QUOTE

Bottom line non playoff team and add Davis and suddenly win West regular season and likely go to finals-plus minus not always accurate as depends to large amount on situation and who paired with.

No sane arguement can be made for LaRoid as true MVP who pads stats and at 3-6 in finals fails when it counts. Last night was atrocious.

LkrFan
09-21-2020, 09:28 AM
AD is the best big man in the game. Greek Freak does not hit that shot.

Rummpd
09-21-2020, 09:34 AM
AD is the best big man in the game. Greek Freak does not hit that shot.

Just proved point AD not LBJ should have been a top MVP candidate versus stat stuffer LBJ

LkrFan
09-21-2020, 10:08 AM
Just proved point AD not LBJ should have been a top MVP candidate versus stat stuffer LBJ

Who cares? I don't :lol

JamStone
09-21-2020, 11:23 AM
There’s an argument that AD has been the Lakers MVP this season and should have been higher in the League MVP voting over LeBron. But it’s nit-picking. He and LeBron are fairly equal in terms of value and importance to the team’s success. You can say adding him to the Lakers improved them from a non-playoff team to winning the West. But you would be ignoring the fact that the Lakers were a playoff team and even in position for a high seed last year before LeBron got injured. You’d also be ignoring that Davis’ team last year was also a non playoff team. LeBron gets the benefit of the doubt because for a decade plus, he’s been the main reason his teams have been not only playoff contenders year after year but legitimate title contenders before last season. So sure, reputation and history had something to do with LeBron being viewed as more important, while AD having intermittent and inconsistent team success as the lone franchise player also had something to do with it.

In truth, I think voters got it right for the top 2 MVP candidates, Giannis and LeBron, in that order based on the regular season. I don’t think LeBron has a legit gripe why it shouldn’t have been a landslide voting result. Personally, I’d probably have Luka 3rd. And then Davis. Davis should have been 4th imo.

TDfan2007
09-21-2020, 09:40 PM
Tough to be mvp when you're playing with another top player. It hurt Shaq during that first 3peat and in 2005, and it's what hurt Timmy after Manu and Tony ascended.

In this particular case, LeBron is obviously the engine of the Lakers and has been grooming AD mentally for those takeover moments. But it's tough to argue against a guy who had similar success and better stats with lesser teammates

DMC
09-21-2020, 09:51 PM
Lebron has been the MVP since he entered the league. He's done more to get teams out of the shit and into the Finals (including attracting other talent) than any player during his tenure and it's not even close. Still, the MVP award criteria changes all the time, and it's largely an NBA marketing gimmick where they reward whatever scheme they feel is the most economically productive at the time. It was triple doubles under stat whore, then it was Harden's RS FT line marathons, and now it's the guy who gets the nobody Bucks to the East playoffs with the best RS record. It IS a RS award. Playoffs have nothing to do with it.