PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Billy Donovan agrees to deal to become coach of Chicago Bulls

ducks
09-22-2020, 09:13 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/billy-donovan-agrees-to-deal-to-become-coach-of-chicago-bulls/?fbclid=IwAR1UrCpTZsRNf55dqk0RRNu_lu650grMbS_LHxLL Epfk1d4eN3Qe3oZDZrI

Spurtacular
09-22-2020, 09:58 PM
Solid career move. Still should've stayed at college though.

Dirks_Finale
09-22-2020, 09:58 PM
FrostKing good hire?

lefty
09-23-2020, 07:46 AM
Lavine doesnt seem super excited about this :lol

https://streamable.com/my6kwm

KobesAchilles
09-23-2020, 11:36 AM
Places to avoid coaching: NY and Chicago. Both these teams will suck. Both these teams fans have stupid expectations of them. And both these teams media will kill the coach when they inevitably suck

DMC
09-23-2020, 05:30 PM
Wonder if he realizes Noah already left.

DMC
09-23-2020, 05:31 PM
Places to avoid coaching: NY and Chicago. Both these teams will suck. Both these teams fans have stupid expectations of them. And both these teams media will kill the coach when they inevitably suck

And both will provide the coach with a paycheck

KobesAchilles
09-23-2020, 06:44 PM
And both will provide the coach with a paycheck
Yeah that’s how a job works. Doesn’t mean it’s a good place to coach

DMC
09-23-2020, 08:50 PM
Yeah that’s how a job works. Doesn’t mean it’s a good place to coach

Beggars can't be choosers.

FrostKing
09-24-2020, 02:26 AM
FrostKing good hire?
Maybe I'm outta the loop but shocking hire. Was totally sure that it would be minority hire for numerous reasons

I've always liked Donovan. Bulls not in position to get picky. Couple bad hires since Thibodeau left.

I'm not expecting miracle though.

R. DeMurre
09-25-2020, 02:11 PM
I keep reading how fans think of Zach LaVine as the guy to build around in Chicago, which seems insane to me. He can't even put up positive +/- numbers on terrible teams. For almost his entire career, his bad-to-mediocre teams have been better with him off the floor. At this point, I wouldn't even trade Derrick White or Keldon Johnson for him.

DMC
09-26-2020, 01:43 PM
I keep reading how fans think of Zach LaVine as the guy to build around in Chicago, which seems insane to me. He can't even put up positive +/- numbers on terrible teams. For almost his entire career, his bad-to-mediocre teams have been better with him off the floor. At this point, I wouldn't even trade Derrick White or Keldon Johnson for him.

MJ winning the dunk contest really created a false narrative for talent related to dunkers.

Robz4000
09-26-2020, 02:12 PM

I wouldn't even trade Murray for him tbh. At least not with that contract.

FrostKing
09-26-2020, 02:30 PM
He is a low basketball IQ ball hog. He single handily costs as many games as he wins

Support usually stems from frustration over lack of development in Lauri

In hindsight trading Butler was the wrong decision