PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio (3-1) at Charlotte (2-2)

ducks
11-08-2005, 07:09 PM
San Antonio (3-1) at Charlotte (2-2)
Preview - Box Score - Recap
Game Info: 7:30 pm EST Wed Nov 9, 2005
TV: FxSW Add to Calendar
Buy Tickets
The San Antonio Spurs' most recent performance showed why they are favored to win a second straight NBA title.

The defending champions, coming off a strong overtime win, visit the Charlotte Bobcats in the middle of their five-game road trip.

San Antonio and Chicago battled to a 91-all tie at the end of regulation on Monday before the Spurs took control in the extra period to win 104-95.

Tony Parker scored eight of his 22 points in overtime, making two strong drives to the hoop and hitting four free throws, and Tim Duncan finished with 24 points and 16 rebounds to help the Spurs bounce back from a 103-84 loss at Dallas on Saturday.

``We showed some good composure,'' Duncan said. ``Nobody panicked. Nobody forced shots. We took every possession and tried to get a good shot ... and defensively, we were contesting shots very well.''

ADVERTISEMENT
Parker also had nine assists and Duncan blocked six shots, giving him 1,505 in his career. Nazr Mohammed added 15 points on 7-for-8 shooting off the bench and Manu Ginobili scored 14.

The Spurs, allowing 91.3 points per game, won their ninth straight over the Bulls and improved to 16-6 following a loss since the start of last season.

San Antonio's trip continues at Boston on Friday before closing Saturday against Washington.

The Bobcats opened the season with a 109-105 overtime loss to the Bulls before back-to-back victories over Philadelphia and Boston gave them a shot at the franchise's first three-game win streak going into Monday's game against Utah. Charlotte won two straight only three times during its inaugural 2004-05 season.

However, Jazz forward Mehmet Okur scored a career-best 31 points to lead Utah to a 95-91 overtime win -- already Charlotte's third overtime game of the season.

It's only the third time in NBA history a team has opened the season with three OT games in its first four outings, and the first since the Los Angeles Lakers in 1991.

Primoz Brezec, Sean May and Jumaine Jones scored 13 points, and Emeka Okafor added 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Bobcats, who lost despite making 12 steals and forcing 22 turnovers.

Gerald Wallace, leading the team with 16.5 points per game, did not play in the second half after getting hit in the head in the second quarter. Kareem Rush was scoreless in 12 minutes as he continues to be bothered by a sore thumb.

Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff had to pair veteran point guard Brevin Knight with rookie Raymond Felton in the backcourt for most of the final 17 minutes because of the injuries.

``We were searching,'' Bickerstaff said. ``They say a drowning man will grab a razor blade. That group gave us some energy and got us back into the game.''

Wallace and Rush are not expected to play in this contest.

Charlotte closes a four-game homestand against Dallas on Friday.

STANDINGS (through Nov. 7): Spurs - 1st place, Southwest Division. Bobcats - 2nd place (tied), 1 1/2 GB, Southeast Division.

PROBABLE STARTERS: Spurs - F Bruce Bowen, F Duncan, C Rasho Nesterovic, G Parker, G Ginobili. Bobcats - F Wallace, F Okafor, C Brezec, G Felton or Keith Bogans, G Knight.

TEAM LEADERS: Spurs - Parker, 22.5 ppg and 5.8 apg; Duncan, 12.0 rpg. Bobcats - Wallace, 16.5 ppg; Okafor, 11.5 rpg; Knight, 7.5 apg.

2004-05 SEASON SERIES: Spurs, 2-0.

LAST MEETING: March 18; Spurs, 93-76. At San Antonio, Parker scored 24 points and the Spurs held the Bobcats scoreless over the final 6:05 of the third quarter to sweep the first season series between the teams.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Spurs - 1-1 on the road; Bobcats - 1-1 at home.

Kobayagi
11-08-2005, 07:28 PM
How 'bout a vBookie which slovenian center will get more pts & rebs. Brezec or Rasho? :)

ducks
11-08-2005, 07:33 PM
However, Jazz forward Mehmet Okur scored a career-best 31 points to lead Utah to a 95-91 overtime win -- already Charlotte's third overtime game of the season.

I want him shutdown

Kobayagi
11-08-2005, 07:36 PM
You want Okur shutdown in a Spurs - Bobcats game?

...or am I missing something?

angel_luv
11-08-2005, 07:54 PM
How 'bout a vBookie which slovenian center will get more pts & rebs. Brezec or Rasho? :)

Both are going to do great for my fantasy team. But Rasho will be the best! =)

TwoHandJam
11-08-2005, 07:56 PM

I want him shutdown
I completely agree. I want to see him completely humiliated this year for the bullshit buzzer beaters he pulled out of his ass against us last year. In fact, I want the whole Jazz organization humiliated this year so we can put things right in the universe once again.

Kobayagi
11-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Angel, u have both of them on your fantasy team? :) :lol

I'm sorry for saying this but I think Breza is going to kick Rasho's ass. Reason? Rasho is a starting center on the national team, Breza is his substitution and he hates that :) He's going to be motivated as hell.

TDMVPDPOY
11-08-2005, 07:57 PM
this is a no brainer kittens>spurs

angel_luv
11-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Angel, u have both of them on your fantasy team? :) :lol

I'm sorry for saying this but I think Breza is going to kick Rasho's ass. Reason? Rasho is a starting center on the national team, Breza is his substitution and he hates that :) He's going to be motivated as hell.

The best man ( <--- mine :D ) will win!

I hope both Rasho and Brezec do really well and have fun playing together.

P.S. This was my draft order:

1) Rasho
2) Nachbar
3) Beno

Final Pick: Brezec.

I wanted him the whole time but waited till the end cause people were making fun of me. :lol

NZHayden
11-08-2005, 09:49 PM
bring out marks!

ducks
11-08-2005, 10:04 PM
I completely agree. I want to see him completely humiliated this year for the bullshit buzzer beaters he pulled out of his ass against us last year. In fact, I want the whole Jazz organization humiliated this year so we can put things right in the universe once again.

he is comming off a career high

I WANT HIS ASS HUMBLED

DUNCAN DO YOUR DUTY :smokin

TexasAggie2005
11-08-2005, 10:53 PM
he is comming off a career high

I WANT HIS ASS HUMBLED

DUNCAN DO YOUR DUTY :smokin

Are you talking about Okur? We don't play the Jazz until the end of January. We play Charlotte next. That's even the title of your thread. I think you're confused somewhere here.... Or I am.

Kori Ellis
11-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Are you talking about Okur? We don't play the Jazz until the end of January. We play Charlotte next. That's even the title of your thread. I think you're confused somewhere here.... Or I am.

:lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering why people are talking about Okur in this thread.

velik_m
11-09-2005, 03:02 AM
The best man ( <--- mine :D ) will win!

I hope both Rasho and Brezec do really well and have fun playing together.

P.S. This was my draft order:

1) Rasho
2) Nachbar
3) Beno

Final Pick: Brezec.

I wanted him the whole time but waited till the end cause people were making fun of me. :lol

What... no Sasha? :lol

Rasho - Brezec matchup should be interesting (but i think stats will be on Brezec's side), and with Barry injured we might have a Beno sighting... so there will be 3 slovenians in the same NBA game (not for the first time i might add ;))

TwoHandJam
11-09-2005, 10:33 AM
:lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering why people are talking about Okur in this thread.
He just came up because that's who Charlotte played last - and Okur was a bastard in that game too! He needs to be f-ed up real bad, and soon.

ducks
11-09-2005, 10:35 AM
:oops :lol

angel_luv
11-09-2005, 12:15 PM
What... no Sasha? :lol

Rasho - Brezec matchup should be interesting (but i think stats will be on Brezec's side), and with Barry injured we might have a Beno sighting... so there will be 3 slovenians in the same NBA game (not for the first time i might add ;))

Darn it! I forgot one! :oops Next draft! :lol

You know I love Slovenia if I draft a ( shudder) Laker.

Oh, Gee!!
11-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Spurs by 20

drivanroca
11-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Spurs by 20

:tu :elephant

Mavs<Spurs
11-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Spurs by 10.

I want to see some more consistency on the road.
It would be nice to see some D, better rotations.
Until I do, I am cautious about wins on the road.

Can't look past anybody.

ObiwanGinobili
11-09-2005, 01:20 PM
I find it hard to comment on this game... my feeligns are too mixed..... my Spurs homerism is in conflict with my remaining UCONN homerism.... if I think on this too much I'll be heading for a breakdown for sure.....:(

Mavs<Spurs
11-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I find it hard to comment on this game... my feeligns are too mixed..... my Spurs homerism is in conflict with my remaining UCONN homerism.... if I think on this too much I'll be heading for a breakdown for sure.....:(

Great Academic School and they play some pretty good basketball there.
:fro