PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys fans who don't like Dak

Trill Clinton
09-28-2020, 11:50 AM
Are the absolute WORST. Just as bad as the Cowboys fans who hated Romo. I know QB's get the blame most of the time but its a lazy take to blame a loss like yesterday on Dak without first mentioning the o line, shitty defense, special teams and Zeke not doing shit.

Mitch
09-28-2020, 01:03 PM
Too easy to blame the QB, they make a good throw but the receiver fumbled it'll be called a bad throw. Sacked? Should have been mobile or thrown faster. Can't keep up with the D letting the other team convert? QB outplayed by opposing QB

Just low IQ takes tbh, but i haven't really seen dak play this season yet

SpursforSix
09-28-2020, 01:05 PM
Are the absolute WORST. Just as bad as the Cowboys fans who hated Romo. I know QB's get the blame most of the time but its a lazy take to blame a loss like yesterday on Dak without first mentioning the o line, shitty defense, special teams and Zeke not doing shit.

It's been going on forever. He does deserve some blame though for the TOs. Hard to beat a team like the Seahawks if you're making mistakes.

Trill Clinton
09-28-2020, 01:09 PM
It's been going on forever. He does deserve some blame though for the TOs. Hard to beat a team like the Seahawks if you're making mistakes.

I agree the turnovers were bad, but every QB has them. If there was a list of reasons why they lost, Dak is at the bottom.

SuperCam
09-28-2020, 01:11 PM
He is the best qb in the division by a mile and top 5 in the NFC. jerry should have paid the man..

SpursforSix
09-28-2020, 01:12 PM
I agree the turnovers were bad, but every QB has them. If there was a list of reasons why they lost, Dak is at the bottom.

I don't know about the bottom. 3 lost TOs on Sunday puts him near the top for that game. But in general, I agree with you.

Trill Clinton
09-28-2020, 01:15 PM
He is the best qb in the division by a mile and top 5 in the NFC. jerry should have paid the man..
When it comes to the QB position Jerry has no idea what he's doing. We could have had Dak on a Goff/Wentz type deal and now he might approach Mahome's territory. Jerry would rather throw money at guys like Jaylon Smith and Demarcus Lawrence who have zero impact on the game.

SpursforSix
09-28-2020, 01:17 PM
When it comes to the QB position Jerry has no idea what he's doing. We could have had Dak on a Goff/Wentz type deal and now he might approach Mahome's territory. Jerry would rather throw money at guys like Jaylon Smith and Demarcus Lawrence who have zero impact on the game.

Shit...talking about throwing money at someone, what about the Zeke contract. And this is after seeing the Gurley and David Johnson shit.

Trill Clinton
09-28-2020, 01:18 PM
Shit...talking about throwing money at someone, what about the Zeke contract. And this is after seeing the Gurley and David Johnson shit.

Don't get me started on Zeke or Pollard

Millennial_Messiah
09-28-2020, 01:24 PM
I don't know about the bottom. 3 lost TOs on Sunday puts him near the top for that game. But in general, I agree with you.

He threw another lousy pick that the DB sort-of dropped and deflected up, and Gallup really saved his ass on that one.

The Cowboys offense is good right now because of the elite receiving corps, not the quarterback. It's plain to see. In the first half of the 2018 season the offense was ghastly to watch because the best receivers on the team were rookie Gallup (who didn't get to play viable snaps until about week 8) and limited-route tree Cole Beasley. Other starters included Deonte Thompson (lol), Noah Brown (now still clinging to WR5 as a blocker/receiver tight end hybrid), Allen Hurns (slower than molasses), and other bums I've since forgotten because they were so laughably bad.

Millennial_Messiah
09-28-2020, 01:29 PM
Don't get me started on Zeke or Pollard

Zeke is overpaid and has turned into a drama queen. 2016 Zeke is dead and gone. Tony Pollard is a good change of pace back, scatback etc (Zeke proved yesterday that he is TERRIBLE in the scatback/screen game role by dropping no less than 6 screen passes) but laughably stupid on special teams, particularly in the kickoff game. Team Leader CedricK Wilson (a stud WR4) should be returning kicks, not Pollard.

Jaylon Smith is overrated and overpaid, Joe Thomas is the best LB on the team until LVE and Lee come back in a few weeks. Aldon Smith is a monster and the best pass rusher the Cowboys have had since 2012 DeMarcus Ware. He might be 31 in terms of his birth certificate, but he's only 25 in athletic/NFL years, because he's a very low mileage vehicle.

Speaking of DeMarcus... D-Lawrence has turned into a washed up drama queen. He may be 28 but he honestly looks 38 out there and it might be time to move on. He's also overrated and overpaid, and of the mouthy, drama queen variety.

spurraider21
09-28-2020, 02:42 PM
Zeke is overpaid and has turned into a drama queen. 2016 Zeke is dead and gone. Tony Pollard is a good change of pace back, scatback etc (Zeke proved yesterday that he is TERRIBLE in the scatback/screen game role by dropping no less than 6 screen passes) but laughably stupid on special teams, particularly in the kickoff game. Team Leader CedricK Wilson (a stud WR4) should be returning kicks, not Pollard.

Jaylon Smith is overrated and overpaid, Joe Thomas is the best LB on the team until LVE and Lee come back in a few weeks. Aldon Smith is a monster and the best pass rusher the Cowboys have had since 2012 DeMarcus Ware. He might be 31 in terms of his birth certificate, but he's only 25 in athletic/NFL years, because he's a very low mileage vehicle.

Speaking of DeMarcus... D-Lawrence has turned into a washed up drama queen. He may be 28 but he honestly looks 38 out there and it might be time to move on. He's also overrated and overpaid, and of the mouthy, drama queen variety.
man, with zeke/smith/lawrence all overpaid scrubs, it just makes Dak more impressive

SuperCam
09-28-2020, 05:25 PM
man, with zeke/smith/lawrence all overpaid scrubs, it just makes Dak more impressive

:lol

is UNT the only cowturd fan left on ST that wants Dak gone tbh?

Trainwreck2100
09-28-2020, 05:31 PM

Bullshit, when you were "we dem boysing" it his rookie year i heard nary a peep about the oline, defense, special teams, and zeke carrying his ass. Now that he's been exposed as the weak tier qb he is, you want to bring up his pieces. I've been saying he's not leading them anywhere since day one, and I've always said it. I'll always be right too.

Trill Clinton
09-28-2020, 06:10 PM
Bullshit, when you were "we dem boysing" it his rookie year i heard nary a peep about the oline, defense, special teams, and zeke carrying his ass. Now that he's been exposed as the weak tier qb he is, you want to bring up his pieces. I've been saying he's not leading them anywhere since day one, and I've always said it. I'll always be right too.

You obviously weren't paying attention. What is your solution to replacing Dak with the next Mahomes?

Trainwreck2100
09-28-2020, 07:12 PM
You obviously weren't paying attention. What is your solution to replacing Dak with the next Mahomes?

if he can't win with this lineup, he can't win while taking up a high percentage of salary on the team, period, his one saving grace was that he wasn't taking up too much cap on his rookie deal. The only solution is to get rid of him because he's already shown he's incapable of winning without expensive tools. Bail on him just like they were so willing to bail on Romo

Trill Clinton
09-28-2020, 08:31 PM
if he can't win with this lineup, he can't win while taking up a high percentage of salary on the team, period, his one saving grace was that he wasn't taking up too much cap on his rookie deal. The only solution is to get rid of him because he's already shown he's incapable of winning without expensive tools. Bail on him just like they were so willing to bail on Romo
So get rid of him and replace him with who? Romo was past his prime and a walking crash test dummie.

Trainwreck2100
09-28-2020, 08:50 PM
So get rid of him and replace him with who? Romo was past his prime and a walking crash test dummie.

Literally anyone who won't suck a shitload of cap space for a mediocre performance, you were so quick to throw Romo away for Dak and he ain't done shit. "But we had to see what we had with Dak" We've seen it, it's mediocre. I'd like to also add this isn't a case of me just using this season, I've been saying this shit since day one and I've been right.

Trill Clinton
09-28-2020, 09:33 PM
Literally anyone who won't suck a shitload of cap space for a mediocre performance, you were so quick to throw Romo away for Dak and he ain't done shit. "But we had to see what we had with Dak" We've seen it, it's mediocre. I'd like to also add this isn't a case of me just using this season, I've been saying this shit since day one and I've been right.

Just like I thought. No real solution. Just sign anyone to a cheap deal and then the defense will magically get good, our o linemen will get healthy and be able to block a 3 man front, our kicker won't miss kicks and Dlaw and Jaylon Smith will finally earn their contract money.#anyonebutdak

Trainwreck2100
09-28-2020, 09:37 PM
Just like I thought. No real solution. Just sign anyone to a cheap deal and then the defense will magically get good, our o linemen will get healthy and be able to block a 3 man front, our kicker won't miss kicks and Dlaw and Jaylon Smith will finally earn their contract money.#anyonebutdak

That was your solution for getting rid of Romo, "this guy we picked up off the street isn't fucking it up with this amazing line and run game so he must be the future" Spoiler alert he lost that amazing line and run game and now he ain't shit and should be 0-3 but got bailed out by ATL's shitty ST.

Trainwreck2100
09-28-2020, 09:40 PM
oh and btw the solution to get better is to not pay Dak, because he hasn't earned qb tier 1 money.

leemajors
09-29-2020, 10:24 AM

DiNucci!

Millennial_Messiah
09-29-2020, 10:46 AM
oh and btw the solution to get better is to not pay Dak, because he hasn't earned qb tier 1 money.

Pay Dak 30 million, 5 years apiece fully guaranteed for injury only... if he doesn't like that he can sign for more with some wack team and enjoy 6-10 seasons and a bunch of hits from worse O-lines.

Trainwreck2100
09-29-2020, 11:16 AM
Pay Dak 30 million, 5 years apiece fully guaranteed for injury only... if he doesn't like that he can sign for more with some wack team and enjoy 6-10 seasons and a bunch of hits from worse O-lines.

There's now way dak takes $5 mil a year, he'd be a fool, he can con a team for easily 3 times that, and I doubt his intellect matches his qb ability

KobesAchilles
09-29-2020, 11:29 AM
The Cowboys made so many mistakes that it's impossible to put it all on Dak. Paying Zeke that money was a no go and I love Zeke. People shit on him all they want, but it's not his fault he's been wasted with the two most vanilla guys of all time. 1st and 10, we're gonna run. 2nd and 8. We are going to run. 3rd and 7. Well we better pass. Shit i don't know shit about playcalling in the NFL and even I know when Dallas is going to run or pass the ball.

Setting the market for half the positions on offensive line was a huge mistake. I have no problem paying guys but you can't make 3 guys the highest paid ever on the same unit.

Giving Jalen Smith an almost record breaking extension bc you were mad at Zeke and trying to send him a message was beyond stupid.

Not signing Earl Thomas when he begged you to get him (smaller mistake but I think he would solve some issues)

Giving Amari $20 million a year to play half the season (not that he was injured but he only produced in 8 home games) is beyond stupid. If they don't cut Amari after this year then I will be shocked.

All that being said... If Dak doesn't make the playoffs in this trash ass division, it's time to move on. Don't offer him a second franchise tag. Lower your offer to 28 million a year and tell him to take it or leave it. If you aren't making the playoffs in the worst division in all of football with Dak, then what difference is it missing the playoffs without him. Dallas is very poorly run and they need to clean house a bit and start over, but if they went 2-14 this year instead of the 6-10 or 7-9 record they're going to have while missing the playoffs anyways, then your consolation prized is Trevor Lawerence.

Millennial_Messiah
09-29-2020, 11:59 AM
There's now way dak takes $5 mil a year, he'd be a fool, he can con a team for easily 3 times that, and I doubt his intellect matches his qb ability
Do you understand what the word "apiece" means, tbh? :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
09-29-2020, 12:23 PM
Do you understand what the word "apiece" means, tbh? :rolleyes

you want to pay dak $150 million? Because that's the only other way to interpret what you are saying

Millennial_Messiah
09-29-2020, 12:47 PM
you want to pay dak $150 million? Because that's the only other way to interpret what you are saying

30 million a year is fair. Anything more would be paying him like a top 5 QB which is highway robbery.

SpursforSix
09-29-2020, 01:09 PM
30 million a year is fair. Anything more would be paying him like a top 5 QB which is highway robbery.

Sometimes it seems like you don't understand anything about anything.

Spurtacular
09-30-2020, 04:23 PM
Not a Dak fan. Not a Cowboy fan either though.

HarlemHeat37
09-30-2020, 05:40 PM
Dak is a good QB, easily best in the NFC East, but he's one of the biggest stat-padders in the league:lol.

Nobody pads stats more than Christian McCaffrey, but Dak might be the top man at his position in that regard.

Millennial_Messiah
09-30-2020, 07:10 PM
Dak is a good QB, easily best in the NFC East, but he's one of the biggest stat-padders in the league:lol.

Nobody pads stats more than Christian McCaffrey, but Dak might be the top man at his position in that regard.
Dak certainly was exactly that last year (most of his yards came when trailing by multiple scores), and he's picked up right where he left off from that this year. :lol

Note: The most successful Cowboys year in the Dak era... 2016 (13-3) Prescott had a very modest amount of yards, Zeke was the superstar, and the Cowboys were mighty successful until the playoffs when Prescott had to play hero for the first time in his NFL career, and they almost pulled it off... but they didn't. If Nick Perry doesn't get his paw on that ball on 3rd down, the Cowboys likely convert and win that game. But, whatever.

Spurtacular
09-30-2020, 08:40 PM
I'd take Dak over Cousins. But that's not saying much.

Mark Celibate
10-01-2020, 10:04 AM

That's essentially my problem with him. I don't hate the guy and he's a decent quarterback, but rarely has he shown that he's a clutch player and/or be able to beat a quality team without the help of a strong running game. You can win with him as long as he has a stacked team around him which you won't get if you pay him top dollar. Pretty simple tbh

Millennial_Messiah
10-01-2020, 10:23 AM
That's essentially my problem with him. I don't hate the guy and he's a decent quarterback, but rarely has he shown that he's a clutch player and/or be able to beat a quality team without the help of a strong running game. You can win with him as long as he has a stacked team around him which you won't get if you pay him top dollar. Pretty simple tbh

Exactly. Common sense. If there was no salary cap, I (or Jerry) wouldn't mind paying him the Mahomes contract. It's simple as that.

Trill Clinton
10-01-2020, 11:22 AM
All of Dak's dropbacks from last week.

1311007376594677764 (https://twitter.com/DaltonBMiller/status/1311007376594677764)

Millennial_Messiah
10-01-2020, 11:50 AM
in short, I wouldn't pay anyone other than current-year Mahomes, Wilson or Rodgers over 30 Million. Anyone less than that level, and i'd rather pay half of that for just a good vet QB with an "it" factor like Foles or Fitzmagic... and maximize the salary cap elsewhere, especially O-Line and defense.

Millennial_Messiah
10-01-2020, 11:52 AM
All of Dak's dropbacks from last week.

1311007376594677764 (https://twitter.com/DaltonBMiller/status/1311007376594677764)

All that tells me is yeah, he's got an elite receiving corps, the best in the NFL from 1-4. No surprises there.

BackHome
10-04-2020, 03:58 PM
Yeah I like Dak as a person but this team has so many whole it makes no sense to pay someone 35+ mill a year when your pretty much have to get a whole new defense and now a starting LT and a starting RT. The only good part of the Cowboys roster is receivers who I would rate as a A+ and I would rate our running backs a C+ “Zeke signing was plain stupid”. If you look at our offensive like you got Smith with neck issues and Collins now having hip surgery which are two injuries that never get better only worse with time so I would grade our like a D+ going to Line Backers same thing injury with Lee and Vanderbilt both should look at retiring right now I would give them a C- and our Defensive line is poor would score them a C - and our Safety and Corners also terrible would score them a F +.

Floyd Pacquiao
10-04-2020, 05:10 PM
For Christ’s sake I’ve never seen defense’s drop more Interceptions than they do against Prescott. He should’ve had 3 last week and 6 today

spurraider21
10-04-2020, 10:13 PM
For Christ’s sake I’ve never seen defense’s drop more Interceptions than they do against Prescott. He should’ve had 3 last week and 6 today
romo is gone, let it go

Trill Clinton
10-19-2020, 09:28 PM
welp

Trill Clinton
10-19-2020, 09:33 PM
I'm waiting for Dalton to use the weapons Dak had to stat pad.

Blake
10-23-2020, 12:07 AM
All that tells me is yeah, he's got an elite receiving corps, the best in the NFL from 1-4. No surprises there.

I give this post a C-

Millennial_Messiah
10-23-2020, 10:09 AM
I give this post a C-

Tyreek, Watkins, who else...? Hardman? He's more of a ST and gadget guy. Hardman, Robinson, even Pringle are pretty much 3rd WR by committee, and Watkins is only healthy half the season anyway. Tight ends don't count for the sake of this argument.

SpursforSix
10-23-2020, 01:40 PM
Tyreek, Watkins, who else...? Hardman? He's more of a ST and gadget guy. Hardman, Robinson, even Pringle are pretty much 3rd WR by committee, and Watkins is only healthy half the season anyway. Tight ends don't count for the sake of this argument.

LOL...for the sake of your argument, you want to exclude the #1 receiving option on the Chiefs.

Millennial_Messiah
10-23-2020, 03:13 PM
LOL...for the sake of your argument, you want to exclude the #1 receiving option on the Chiefs.

Receivers only, tbh.

BD24
10-23-2020, 08:16 PM
Andy. Could you be a bigger faggot? I’m really asking. I think you would have trouble even if you tried

spurraider21
11-03-2020, 04:02 PM

Millennial_Messiah
11-03-2020, 04:27 PM
he'll look good in 49er vermillion and gold. Cowboys need cash and draft capital.

BD24
11-06-2020, 10:44 PM
Trill on point here. Not sure who you dumb ass cowboys fans think your gonna get better than Dak.

Millennial_Messiah
11-07-2020, 12:32 PM
Trill on point here. Not sure who you dumb ass cowboys fans think your gonna get better than Dak.

With the #1 overall pick the Dallas Cowboys select Trevor Lawrence.... the next Mahomes, tbh. Maybe even a wee bit better.

I still say tagging Dak in March even with the #1 pick in hand is a no-brainer. Then you get to choose whether to trade Dak for a king's ransom to a team that won too many games and can't draft a franchise QB, or else start Dak in 2021 and let Trevor learn a year from the bench like Mahomes did... win-win either way.

Dak is another Alex Smith, tbh... he's great at short throws, checkdowns, long throws against man... but he's too scared and/or inaccurate to throw medium or deep against zone that isn't prevent defense (or a free play). That kills Dak in those late-game situations.

BD24
11-07-2020, 06:34 PM
With the #1 overall pick the Dallas Cowboys select Trevor Lawrence.... the next Mahomes, tbh. Maybe even a wee bit better.

I still say tagging Dak in March even with the #1 pick in hand is a no-brainer. Then you get to choose whether to trade Dak for a king's ransom to a team that won too many games and can't draft a franchise QB, or else start Dak in 2021 and let Trevor learn a year from the bench like Mahomes did... win-win either way.

Dak is another Alex Smith, tbh... he's great at short throws, checkdowns, long throws against man... but he's too scared and/or inaccurate to throw medium or deep against zone that isn't prevent defense (or a free play). That kills Dak in those late-game situations.
Hate to break it to ya Andy. But the cowboys aren’t getting the #1 pick.

i don’t care for Dak and think he is slightly overrated, but comparing him to Alex Smith is laughable.

Millennial_Messiah
11-07-2020, 06:39 PM
Hate to break it to ya Andy. But the cowboys aren’t getting the #1 pick.

i don’t care for Dak and think he is slightly overrated, but comparing him to Alex Smith is laughable.

Jets just got to win 2 games. I think they get one this weekend over a reeling Patriots.

BD24
11-07-2020, 09:42 PM
Jets just got to win 2 games. I think they get one this weekend over a reeling Patriots.
And y’all have to lose out....and there is 3 other 1 loss teams as well.

I thought you were some sort of math wizard Andy. You stupid fuck

Millennial_Messiah
11-07-2020, 09:48 PM
And y’all have to lose out....and there is 3 other 1 loss teams as well.

I thought you were some sort of math wizard Andy. You stupid fuck
Almost certainly likely. We lost 3-25 to the talent-starved Redskins with their second quarterback in. Dallas isn't winning another game this season.

As for the other 1 loss teams... two of them play each other tomorrow, and Atlanta has too much talent to not win another game. Dallas and the Giants play each other. Dallas loses (therefore wins in terms of draft order) every tie breaker in the league due to worst strength of schedule. If we go 2-14 we win every tiebreaker for draft position with every other 2-14 team in the NFL due to our league-worst strength of schedule.

Millennial_Messiah
11-08-2020, 12:47 PM
comparing him to Alex Smith is laughable.

They did suffer roughly the same injury

Millennial_Messiah
11-23-2020, 09:21 PM
Dak would be in the thick of the MVP race if he didn't break his leg :(

Millennial_Messiah
11-27-2020, 03:22 PM
Dak would be in the thick of the MVP race if he didn't break his leg :(

tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
11-28-2020, 07:57 PM
man how could we would have been with Dak this year. we'll never know :(

Mark Celibate
11-28-2020, 08:29 PM
man how could we would have been with Dak this year. we'll never know :(

I would say 2 more wins? Not like we were a juggernaut with him because of our terrible defense. Plus, we were always a bad first half team with him before he turned into Garbage Time Joe Montana in the late third quarter/fourth quarter. We were in a dogfight with the sh!tty Giants when he got injured tbh imho. Still flawed all around. Cutting those whiny bums from the defensive line helped galvanize our defense for a few weeks but we just gave up 41 points to the 4-7 WTFs. Definitely would've won this division tho