PDA

View Full Version : Wolves update

sickdsm
11-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Just thought i'd give ya'll a quick wolves update.

2-2 so far, but from what i've seen of Dwayne Casey, WOW! The guy has a lot to learn about his players, he was trying to close out the game against the Clipps with Maddog and Wally as his 4/5 during a blowout, but somehow he's really getting through to some of these guys defensivly. Kandi has been playinre really well but i've been most impressed on Troy Hudson. I've never seen Troy hustle and play hardnosed D and he was doing it last night like he was a shorter, uglier version of Artest. That remains to be seen if he was doing it bc of the minutes AC was getting or somethings clicked but I was big fan of this move bc of his philosophy and it really pumps me up to think that maybe the wolves will be a defensive team. Last night was the first time we saw Jaric, Troy and AC play together. I've never been a smallball fan and i don't know if it is smallball when one of your three PGs on the floor is 6'7 but i loved that. They played great and more importantly, Troy is NOT a bad player when he's not the primary ball handler and can be a 2 guard gunnner. Jaric has been great so far, so has Kandi, Griff and AC. I've been mildly dissapointed in Hassell, hoping he'd be his two year ago self and not let Darius freaking Miles light him up. Very dissapointed in McCants so far. One of my basis for my expectations was that McCants would be VERY solid offensively and of the rookies in the L he was the most polished offensively. He has shown a wide array of moves and i love what he does but his shot selection has been very poor. Hopefully that will just be an early season rookie jitters but the big problem is that Wally has been just horrible from the field. The numbers don't tell the whole story bc of the dunks/layups but for a guy that is a career 50% FG shooter he hasn't been able to hit the broad side of the barn. I'm positive that will change though bc he is in no way injured.

BTW: You can tell just by a glance that KG has bulked up. I know most NBA players would be able to whup ass in a fight but sometimes we don't realize how big these guys actualy are. I've never looked at KG and said, "Damn, i wouldn't want to say the wrong thing to him at a bar" but thats the impression his body leaves on me now.

ducks
11-08-2005, 10:00 PM
good post

this type of a post makes the nba forum more intersting
hope this inspires others to post similar takes about their teams

ps if you post in your favorite team forum maybe you can just paste some of your takes here if you do not have time to write a long post here also

TDMVPDPOY
11-08-2005, 11:57 PM
tpups suck, garnett is statpadding is starting slow atm , expecting him to contribute more but his tryin to be unselfish by gettin others involve....pups will not make the playoffs imo, too many sleepers in the west are rising.

sickdsm
11-09-2005, 11:19 AM
I forgot to mention Frahm. As it stands so far this guy is a GREAT Hoibs replacement. The best thing i like about him is that he shoots the exact same if hes contested or not, just like Freddy did. Now if he can continue to shoot like him remains to be seen.

sickdsm
11-09-2005, 06:54 PM
tpups suck, garnett is statpadding is starting slow atm , expecting him to contribute more but his tryin to be unselfish by gettin others involve....pups will not make the playoffs imo, too many sleepers in the west are rising.

:lol

I'm going to miss ripping posts like this one apart. After four games, lets take a look at KG's statpadding, shall we? Two of the games were losses, kinda hard to be statpadding in overtime losses isn't it? That gets thrown out. The first game of the year, Portland, after falling behind early, Richie Frahm hit his first 5 three pointers to give the wolves a huge lead only to have it shrink to single possesion late in the game. KG came back in to stop the bleeding and they escaped with a 4 point win. Can you statpad in that close of a game? I guess.

Lastly the Clipper at MN game, wolves were rolling in large part to the defense and the fact that Elton Brand was a nonfactor most of the second half. Suddenly with about four minutes remaing the 17 point lead shrank to 8 or 10. Obviously, when that lead shrinks with Madsen and Wally as your 4/5, you need to put in some post defense. KG and Eddie came in then, the bleeding stopped and KG came out two minutes later. One would think that if he was statpadding, he would have made Casey put him in during the bulk of the 4th qtr or at least let him finish the game off to get his two more assists for a triple double, wouldn't he?

Try again.

:lol