PDA

View Full Version : A sh1thole with nukes: Foreign media mock US presidential "debate"

hater
09-30-2020, 12:02 PM
:lmao

Forbes.

“National humiliation”, “chaotic” and “incomprehensible squabble” were some of the words used by the international media to describe a testy presidential debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden

The Chinese state-controlled newspaper Global Times wrote that Wednesday night’s debate “just showed the world a divided and chaotic U.S. that is no longer an attractive superpower in terms of politics and soft power”, adding that the event largely reflected “the recession of U.S. national power.”

Senior Indian news anchor and India Today’s consulting editor Rajdeep Sardesai commented on the debate tweeting: “Chaotic state of American politics makes us look good at times. Maybe, need one of our noisy, rude, interrupting spokespersons to take Trump

Accord “without any proof or truth.”

Some of the sharpest reactions to the debate, however, came from the European media with British newspaper The Guardian calling the debate a “national humiliation for America"

British daily The Times wrote that it was not a “debate in any meaningful sense,” adding “It was an ill-tempered and at times incomprehensible squabble between two angry septuagenarians who palpably loathe each other,” and that the “clearest loser” from the debate “was America.”

Spanish daily El País called the first debate a “chaotic and virulent spectacle,” adding that the “duel will not go down in history as one of the debates that ultimately determined the fate of an election, but as a sign of the hostile climate that prevails in the country five weeks before the election.”

Russian media state,
Second thoughts? Americans fantasize about being able to vote for Bernie Sanders, following ‘chaos’ of first debate

:lmao :lmao

RandomGuy
09-30-2020, 12:05 PM
Sums it up. Props.

baseline bum
09-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Sums it up. Props.

Not really. Summing it up correctly would have placed the blame on Dennison.

hater
09-30-2020, 01:02 PM
Not really. Summing it up correctly would have placed the blame on Dennison.

Mmm biden was calling him names all night. I call it how I see it :tu

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1311227623146696704?s=19

hater
09-30-2020, 01:06 PM
France's Le Monde called it "worrying for American democracy."
"Never had American politics sunk so low," Italy's La Repubblica proclaimed, while The Times of India went so far as to say, "The US embarrassed itself before the world for 100 minutes."
The Guardian concluded that if Trump is reelected, "this dark, horrifying, unwatchable fever dream will surely be the first line of America's obituary."

hater
09-30-2020, 01:07 PM
Der Spiegel in Germany used the term "a TV duel like a car accident."

"Never had American politics sunk so low," Italy's La Repubblica said in its debate dispatch.

"The US embarrassed itself before the world for 100 minutes," The Times of India wrote.

johnsmith
09-30-2020, 01:11 PM
They’re not wrong!

baseline bum
09-30-2020, 01:11 PM

You didn't even see it

Spurminator
09-30-2020, 01:13 PM
Just cancel the rest. They're pointless and we've had enough trauma this year.

hater
09-30-2020, 01:13 PM
:lmao :lol

Chaotic, childish, gruelling" - that's how French newspaper Libération described Tuesday's debate. Le Monde agreed, calling it a "terrible storm", and saying that the president had sought to "push his opponent off his hinges" with constant interruptions and by mocking his answers.

Der Spiegel's analysis of the debate is headlined "A TV duel like a car accident".

In a piece titled "Part fist-fight, part play", Süddeutsche Zeitung wrote: "Both Trump and Biden could go home satisfied because as far as the theatrical performance is concerned, both did their job properly. Donald Trump played Donald Trump, Joe Biden played Joe Biden, and fans should have liked it."

One broadcaster described it as a "one and a half-hour exchange of insults", while another said there was "no constructive dialogue".

"The rivals kept interrupting each other and instead of a balanced discussion they chose the path of mutual insults," pro-Kremlin NTV television said.

Mr Biden's description of President Trump as "Putin's puppy" also generated comments on Russian social media. One Twitter user said: "Two old men are figuring out which of them is more worthy to become the president of the United States, but without Putin, you can't boost your rating."

:lmao :lol :lmao

hater
09-30-2020, 01:14 PM
You didn't even see it

I sqw d bbc snapshot. So bbc is pro trump now?

Will Hunting
09-30-2020, 01:15 PM
The US run as the world's dominant superpower pretty much collapsed in 2008 (to the extent it hadn't before then), the sooner we finally accept it and move onto to post-empire society the way Western Europe has, the better. I guess Trump has done us a favor by expediting that process.

koriwhat
09-30-2020, 01:16 PM
it's hilarious how some of you actually give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks especially foreign media outlets. fuck them all! fuck the rest of the world!

koriwhat
09-30-2020, 01:16 PM
The US run as the world's dominant superpower pretty much collapsed in 2009 (to the extent it hadn't before then), the sooner we finally accept it and move onto to post-empire society the way Western Europe has, the better. I guess Trump has done us a favor by expediting that process.

lol the racist thinks he has all the answers. poor silly racistWill.

baseline bum
09-30-2020, 01:17 PM
I sqw d bbc snapshot. So bbc is pro trump now?

Biden told Trump to shut up after Trump kept talking over him in Biden's time over and over and over.

hater
The US run as the world's dominant superpower pretty much collapsed in 2009, the sooner we finally accept it and move onto to post-empire society the way Western Europe has, the better. I guess Trump has done us a favor by expediting that process.

We are a paper tiger. The debacles of afghanistan, libya, syria should have been a huge wake up call.

And the virus completely obliterating our "ferrari" healthcare system is the nail in the coffic to the belief we are still an empire and a superpower.

Even venezuela runs circles around us.

Will Hunting
lol the racist thinks he has all the answers. poor silly racistWill.
I definitely have more answers than a tweaker who dropped out of high school :lol

hater
Biden told Trump to shut up after Trump kept talking over him in Biden's time over and over and over.

Biden called him a liar, a clown, etc

Biden has muchbto blame as well imho

baseline bum
09-30-2020, 01:19 PM
Biden called him a liar, a clown, etc

Biden has muchbto blame as well imho

After Trump acted like a clown over and over. Go stick your bothsides false equivalences up your ass son.

hater
09-30-2020, 01:20 PM
After Trump acted like a clown over and over. Go stick your bothsides false equivalences up your ass son.

Disagree. You stilm ma nig :tu

Will Hunting
09-30-2020, 01:22 PM
We are a paper tiger. The debacles of afghanistan, libya, syria should have been a huge wake up call.

And the virus completely obliterating our "ferrari" healthcare system is the nail in the coffic to the belief we are still an empire and a superpower.

Even venezuela runs circles around us.
:lol "ferrari healthcare system" I forgot about that

It's remarkable that even after COVID no one can see how systemically flawed Murican healthcare is....we have a presidential debate where both candidates are tripping over their own dicks to promise they aren't for the single-payer healthcare system the rest of the modern world successfully used to respond to COVID much better than we did.

We're not even a paper tiger anymore. I'd call the 2001-2008 timeframe our paper tiger era (i.e. when we showed everyone how tough we were for invading 3rd world shitholes in the middle east).

The 2008 financial crisis took the paper tiger and shredded it into little pieces. The American Empire has been living on borrowed time since then.

hater
09-30-2020, 01:23 PM
:lol "ferrari healthcare system" I forgot about that

It's remarkable that even after COVID no one can see how systemically flawed Murican healthcare is....we have a presidential debate where both candidates are tripping over their own dicks to promise they aren't for the single-payer healthcare system the rest of the modern world successfully used to respond to COVID much better than we did.

We're not even a paper tiger anymore. I'd call the 2001-2008 timeframe our paper tiger era (i.e. when we showed everyone how tough we were for invading 3rd world shitholes in the middle east).

The 2008 financial crisis took the paper tiger and shredded it into little pieces.

:wow

:tu

koriwhat
09-30-2020, 01:25 PM
I definitely have more answers than a tweaker who dropped out of high school :lol

seriously who's a tweaker here? you or me? who the fuck are you actually talking about because i don't believe you know?

you can call me a tweaker and a methhead all you'd like but i've never ever done meth!

you literally can't be a man and just have a friendly back & forth but instead you want to throw out accusations as if they hold water. what does hold water is the fact that you're a huge bigoted racist! :tu

hater
09-30-2020, 01:26 PM
https://twitter.com/GenZForJesseV/status/1311317969591508992?s=19

Will Hunting
09-30-2020, 01:27 PM
:wow

:tu
Vote for Biden man. Bernie said on Kimmel last night that if the Democratic Party gets full control and doesn't advance a progressive agenda, it'll have him to answer to. They're actually going to give him subcommittee chairs if they take the senate. Don't give the Democratic Party more excuses for being shitty by keeping them out of power.

Will Hunting
09-30-2020, 01:27 PM
seriously who's a tweaker here? you or me? who the fuck are you actually talking about because i don't believe you know?

you can call me a tweaker and a methhead all you'd like but i've never ever done meth!

you literally can't be a man and just have a friendly back & forth but instead you want to throw out accusations as if they hold water. what does hold water is the fact that you're a huge bigoted racist! :tu
:lol you pretending you have any interest in a friendly back and forth

hater
09-30-2020, 01:28 PM
Vote for Biden man. Bernie said on Kimmel last night that if the Democratic Party gets full control and doesn't advance a progressive agenda, it'll have him to answer to. They're actually going to give him subcommittee chairs if they take the senate. Don't give the Democratic Party more excuses for being shitty by keeping them out of power.

I dont trust bernie anymore. Too many false promises and spineless 180s

Will Hunting
09-30-2020, 01:32 PM
I dont trust bernie anymore. Too many false promises and spineless 180s
He's playing the hand he's been dealt. He has a lot more influence over the Democratic Party now than he did 4 years ago.

Simply put you at least a chance of seeing traces of Bernie's agenda get passed with Biden as president. If Trump wins again it's a guarantee you won't see any of Bernie's agenda.

Just look at how Biden has already shifted. During the primary he dispositively said he was against packing the courts, now he's saying he won't answer that question. It's a step in the right direction since it means the thought of packing the courts is clearly something he's now at least considering.

koriwhat
09-30-2020, 01:33 PM
:lol you pretending you have any interest in a friendly back and forth

i don't care either way but i'm also not the one derailing the conversation like you are because you get called out on real shit you want to swerve from. it's quite funny. i say some real shit about you and just like the good little lefty you are you play make believe and try to change subjects.

ah poor little white racistWill.

Will Hunting
09-30-2020, 01:34 PM
i don't care either way but i'm also not the one derailing the conversation like you are because you get called out on real shit you want to swerve from. it's quite funny. i say some real shit about you and just like the good little lefty you are you play make believe and try to change subjects.

ah poor little white racistWill.
This thread is about America falling apart and you want to cry about me calling Candace Owens a coon. I'm not the one trying to change the subject retard :lol

koriwhat
09-30-2020, 01:35 PM
During the primary he dispositively said he was against packing the courts, now he's saying he won't answer that question. It's a step in the right direction since it means the thought of packing the courts is clearly something he's now at least considering.

yeah you're not a progressively retarded lefty. no wonder you're so racist. it all makes sense now. :lmao

koriwhat
This thread is about America falling apart and you want to cry about me calling Candace Owens a coon. I'm not the one trying to change the subject retard :lol

you're a racist. own it racistWill! :tu

Will Hunting
you're a racist. own it racistWill! :tu
Yelp says you're racist, not me :lol

koriwhat
09-30-2020, 01:38 PM

does it? you can keep pretending all you'd like but your racist shit is all over ST and it doesn't only pertain to candace owens either. fuck you you fucking racist!

baseline bum
09-30-2020, 01:39 PM

??

weebo
09-30-2020, 01:42 PM
100% accurate. America has become a 2nd tier nation....we're 4 more years of Trump from becoming a shithole. yay

Will Hunting
09-30-2020, 01:42 PM
fuck you you fucking racist!
:lol yeah, you're definitely not taking this seriously

koriwhat
09-30-2020, 01:44 PM
??

anyone can post anything on yelp regardless of validity. fuck yelp! that platform is trash and their marketing department are nothing but frauds who steal your money.

koriwhat
09-30-2020, 01:45 PM
:lol yeah, you're definitely not taking this seriously

who said i wasn't? maybe today i might take this seriously... either way you're still a blatantly racist piece of shit racistWill. :tu

SnakeBoy
09-30-2020, 02:03 PM
He has a lot more influence over the Democratic Party now than he did 4 years ago.

:lol

koriwhat
09-30-2020, 02:15 PM
He has a lot more influence over the Democratic Party now than he did 4 years ago.

lol pretending like the democratic party exists. that party died many moons ago and was replaced by commies and racists just like yourself racistWill.

daslicer
09-30-2020, 02:29 PM
100% accurate. America has become a 2nd tier nation....we're 4 more years of Trump from becoming a shithole. yay

Agreed. Too many people like to hide from the truth and will say atleast we are better than Africa,China,India when it comes to quality of life. Comparing yourself to those 3 places is like comparing yourself to the stupid kid in class when you get a D on the test and being proud you didn't fail it like the stupid kid. People don't realize how bad we have it until you compare the US to rest of the western world and then it becomes very depressing.

We are on the verge of third world and probably will get there once the Boomers pass away in the next 10-20 years.

koriwhat
09-30-2020, 02:32 PM
Agreed. Too many people like to hide from the truth and will say atleast we are better than Africa,China,India when it comes to quality of life. Comparing yourself to those 3 places is like comparing yourself to the stupid kid in class when you get a D on the test and being proud you didn't fail it like the stupid kid. People don't realize how bad we have it until you compare the US to rest of the western world and then it becomes very depressing.

We are on the verge of third world and probably will get there once the Boomers pass away in the next 10-20 years.

you can thank open borders, shit academia, fake news, and our degenerate culture for that.

RandomGuy
09-30-2020, 02:55 PM

Indeed. Trump talked over Biden most of the night, and the moderator, went past his alloted time, then demanded to respond to everything and get all the time.

It was embarrassing. Honestly can't blame Biden for losing his temper a little. "clown". :lol We are all thinking it.