PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a DeMar Sign and Trade for Oladipo?

spurstalk123456
09-30-2020, 10:13 PM
If Victor turns out to be bad we don't have to re-sign him and we'll have cap space the next year.

If he turns out to be good and back to his all-NBA form we'll have a SG who's effective on both sides of the floor, offers spacing, can pass the ball, and is clutch. Also 28 years old compared to Derozan's 31.

rankingtear
09-30-2020, 10:43 PM
1 good season then acted like a superstar. Barely played the last 2 seasons. More overlap with the young core than Derozan, neither really moves the needle to contention rather have the safe bet to help the young core develop.

RC_Drunkford
09-30-2020, 10:46 PM
I’d rather look at Myles Turner. He‘d fit with the young core‘s fast paced game and shoots the 3. Now if the Pacers insist on shipping out Oladipo with him then you have to work out the proper trade for it. I‘d package one of Aldridge or DeRozan with Gay or Mills to get Dipo and Turner, but DeRozan for Oladipo straight up won’t do a thing for this team.

Something like Aldridge & Gay for Dipo and Turner would improve the team instantly, but I don’t see Indiana being that dumb.

Turner/Gallinari/DeRozan/Oladipo/White would be a nice line up though

objective
09-30-2020, 10:47 PM
Besides being finished physically and looking much worse the entire season than Kawhi in game 7, Oladipo was also a locker room cancer this year. There were some not so subtle hints from Brogdon and Holiday to the media about Oladipo being a problem.

I'd rather lose DeRozan for nothing.

tbdog
09-30-2020, 10:48 PM
Victo had one good season. It was really good. But not superstar good. It was just a big jump from the year before. Since then he has been injuried. He is an undersized SG. We have a few of them already.

Chinook
09-30-2020, 10:49 PM
Should probably start an official 2020 trade thread to catch ideas like this.

Anyway, no. If Vic is a free agent next summer and SA finds themselves in need of a guard like him, that's one thing. But I'm not about making that swap now, especially since the team needs DeRozan's size at the three. Plus, if the Spurs trade for Dipo, they'd feel compelled to re-sign him, and right now, it's not clear what kind of deal he deserves.

DPG21920
09-30-2020, 10:50 PM
Good player but no. Wouldn’t be terrible since he has more value than DDR and flipping him for more is easier.

R. DeMurre
09-30-2020, 10:51 PM
Nope. He's had one very good season in his career, followed by two injury prone seasons. For his career, he rates as a tad better than average. I'd rather go forward with White and Keldon getting those minutes, and find a better return for DeMar at another position.

Degoat
09-30-2020, 11:05 PM
Fck that Oladipo is damaged goods, he looked terrible in the bubble

spurstalk123456
10-01-2020, 01:51 AM
Imo if oladipo is good again and develops he'll be a top 5 player in the league. He had the winner mentality in the 2018 playoffs. Surprised that everyone is so down on him. He was giving LeBron big trouble

Put up 30/12/6 in Game 7 vs Cavaliers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0Ba8sf8io

spurspl
10-01-2020, 04:12 AM
only if we can get something extra like turner or a pick. Otherwise ddr for oladipo doesnt make sense

kobyz
10-01-2020, 04:36 AM
To get Oladipo for Derozan you might need to add a first round pick in this scenario

exstatic
10-01-2020, 07:04 AM
Imo if oladipo is good again and develops he'll be a top 5 player in the league. He had the winner mentality in the 2018 playoffs. Surprised that everyone is so down on him. He was giving LeBron big trouble

Put up 30/12/6 in Game 7 vs Cavaliers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0Ba8sf8io

And now, he’s damaged goods. That’s why we’re down on him. The fact that Indy knows what he can be, and is still shopping him should speak volumes.

EasyMoney
10-01-2020, 08:15 AM
No. Although bringing demar in could help Vince oladipo to stay. I would look more at turner.

poopbox
10-01-2020, 10:55 AM
Much rather have Turner who fits a real need on this team than Oladipo when we already have so many guards on this team we are playing Derozan out of position just to keep him on the floor

KobesAchilles
10-01-2020, 11:24 AM
While we are in dire need of a shooting guard to come off the bench and back up Forbes, I'm not sure that Oladipo is the answer

ZeusWillJudge
10-01-2020, 11:26 AM
A player with a degenerative quad injury, looking to get away from his current team. Seems familiar. Do the Pacers have a Danny Green they can throw in?

Dhbsr555
10-01-2020, 01:00 PM
We’re good at guard we need a decent big

look_at_g_shred
10-01-2020, 01:24 PM
Is there anyway we could trade for Bogdan from Sac? I'd much rather have him. Supplies shooting which this team needs. I don't know his contract situation though.

Edit** Looks like he's a FA. That should be the move this offseason imho.

ducks
10-01-2020, 01:45 PM
To get Oladipo for Derozan you might need to add a first round pick in this scenario

Would that not be ok with you ?

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-01-2020, 02:36 PM
While we are in dire need of a shooting guard to come off the bench and back up Forbes, I'm not sure that Oladipo is the answer

I really don't want anyone backing up Forbes. Hopefully he'll be as far back in the rotation as you can get.

TD 21
10-01-2020, 04:20 PM
Oladipo may never get back to where he was 2 years ago, but he's still a better asset than DeRozan at the moment, so just for that reason I'd do it (Lamb would probably have to be included for financial purposes) . . . but I'd want a third team brought in to return a more sensible asset(s).

I actually think there's a chance the Pacers could be interested. They're basically an East, poor man's version of the Spurs. Always trying to be as competitive as possible and in a non glamor market. DeRozan would also fit well.

I could see the Nets (LeVert and Dinwiddie, with Lamb included), Warriors (Wiggins, 2, with Lamb included), Heat (Olynyk, Nunn, 20), Bucks (Bledsoe, Wilson, 24), Magic (Fournier or Gordon, 15), Raptors (Powell, Davis, 29) all being in the mix.

r0drig0lac
10-01-2020, 05:46 PM

?

RC_Drunkford
10-01-2020, 06:25 PM
Is there anyway we could trade for Bogdan from Sac? I'd much rather have him. Supplies shooting which this team needs. I don't know his contract situation though.

Edit** Looks like he's a FA. That should be the move this offseason imho.

He and Gallo should be the top FA targets. I wanted both at the deadline

talkspurs
10-01-2020, 06:37 PM

dont want either of these both to old and to expensive. Doubt we could sign Bogdan as he will be more then the MLE.

exstatic
10-01-2020, 07:01 PM

Gallo is a china doll. Just can’t stay healthy, and he ain’t getting any younger. Here’s some season game numbers over his 12 years: 28,43,53,21, and one complete season lost to an ACL. Only four times has he played the bulk of the season, and two of those were short seasons, 2011-2012 and this past season. He’s more or less a ticking injury time bomb. I’d love it if he’d take bench money, and play 25 mpg, but he played hardball in a trade with Miami that didn’t end up going through a year or two ago. He wouldn’t take a reasonable extension for his history. Wanted top dollar. I wouldn’t pay that. Not for that injury history.

JuneJive
10-01-2020, 07:02 PM
Damaged goods.

Pass.

Even if it means getting rid of DeRozan.

Nivek_ogre
10-01-2020, 07:11 PM
WTF. What an awful idea. Oladipo in his best year wasn't close to a top 5 player. No retreads or broken players. We need to develop players and draft picks.

RC_Drunkford
10-02-2020, 07:09 AM
Gallo is a china doll. Just can’t stay healthy, and he ain’t getting any younger. Here’s some season game numbers over his 12 years: 28,43,53,21, and one complete season lost to an ACL. Only four times has he played the bulk of the season, and two of those were short seasons, 2011-2012 and this past season. He’s more or less a ticking injury time bomb. I’d love it if he’d take bench money, and play 25 mpg, but he played hardball in a trade with Miami that didn’t end up going through a year or two ago. He wouldn’t take a reasonable extension for his history. Wanted top dollar. I wouldn’t pay that. Not for that injury history.

He's better than Lyles. The market is dry and not a lot of teams have cap space. I'd try to offer the MLE, if he doesn't want it then look elsewhere

RC_Drunkford
10-02-2020, 07:10 AM
dont want either of these both to old and to expensive. Doubt we could sign Bogdan as he will be more then the MLE.

so 28 is old now?

exstatic
10-02-2020, 08:19 AM
He's better than Lyles. The market is dry and not a lot of teams have cap space. I'd try to offer the MLE, if he doesn't want it then look elsewhere

He’s not better than Lyles if he can’t stay on the floor.

EasyMoney
10-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Gallo isn't accepting no MLE. He's 32 and injury prone, he's getting the best contract possible. However, i wouldn't be shocked if teams like Phoenix and Miami will overpay for him for 1 year

exstatic
10-02-2020, 10:21 AM
Gallo isn't accepting no MLE. He's 32 and injury prone, he's getting the best contract possible. However, i wouldn't be shocked if teams like Phoenix and Miami will overpay for him for 1 year

Miami already declined to do so during trade negotiations a year or two ago. They went the overpay route 3-4 years ago, and are just now getting out from under those contracts.

illusioNtEk
10-02-2020, 12:24 PM
pass

spurspl
10-02-2020, 12:27 PM
really dont understand why so many ppl here like to trade for/sign an old overpaid past injuries guys like dipo, hauward, gallo, griffin, cp3etc...

R. DeMurre
10-02-2020, 02:08 PM
If DeMar was more injury prone, the Spurs probably would've made the playoffs this year.

talkspurs
10-02-2020, 05:12 PM
so 28 is old now?

Yes when out team is as young as it is. Doubt we would be contending till he is at end of his contract. By then he will be starting to slow down. He also is not going to be in the MLE range.

RC_Drunkford
10-02-2020, 07:56 PM
Yes when out team is as young as it is. Doubt we would be contending till he is at end of his contract. By then he will be starting to slow down. He also is not going to be in the MLE range.

you don't build a young team full of players 25 and under. Nobody does. We have enough young guys, the rest has to be vets

talkspurs
10-02-2020, 10:45 PM
you don't build a young team full of players 25 and under. Nobody does. We have enough young guys, the rest has to be vets

you dont have a core guy that much older. Vets would be there to be vets. some of our young guys will leave. Tim and tony were 6 years apart. but tony came in and was younger then our current players. Manu was a year younger then Tim.