PDA

View Full Version : 76ers: Doc Rivers to the 76ers.

Rusty
10-01-2020, 04:59 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FinePlushAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1311782806780088322?s=20

https://twitter.com/JDumasReports/status/1311783233005056002?s=20

:lol

MultiTroll
10-01-2020, 05:04 PM
:lol NBA WWE

What was Vegas paying when Clipps were up 3-1?

Thebesteva
10-01-2020, 05:07 PM
RIP 76ers

Seventyniner
10-01-2020, 05:08 PM
Not a bad fit imo, flawed coach for a flawed team. He might last 3 years there, which should be enough time to get out from under some of those horrible contracts. I expect them to be knocked out in the first round, second round, and ECF once each.

baseline bum
10-01-2020, 05:12 PM
What a dumbass. He should have just cashed Balmer's checks for two years while working for ESPN to get another. Now instead he's going to go crash and burn in Philly. Unless he got those morons to give him a big raise from what the Clippers would have been paying.

Robz4000
10-01-2020, 05:21 PM
This prolly destroys his image imo. Casual fans still think of him as a legendary coach up there with the greats, but after he fails with two/three seemingly championship favorites the general opinion of him should diminish.

MultiTroll
10-01-2020, 05:40 PM
What a dumbass. He should have just cashed Balmer's checks for two years while working for ESPN to get another. Now instead he's going to go crash and burn in Philly. Unless he got those morons to give him a big raise from what the Clippers would have been paying.
Is it known if Coc gets to keep collecting his Clippers $$$$ while getting paid by the Sucksers?
Or did he extort some payoff severance $$$ from Balmer?

Unreal. NBA is rigged. No doubt.

TDMVPDPOY
10-01-2020, 05:52 PM
isnt pop on 10m?

theres no way cuck rivers is +10m anywhere in the league

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 05:59 PM
Solid move for Tom Rivers.
I'm legit jealous that this guy can get so much gravy.

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 06:00 PM
This prolly destroys his image imo. Casual fans still think of him as a legendary coach up there with the greats, but after he fails with two/three seemingly championship favorites the general opinion of him should diminish.

I don't think even the casuals see him that way. He won one ring more than a decade ago.

Robz4000
10-01-2020, 06:04 PM
I don't think even the casuals see him that way. He won one ring more than a decade ago.

:lol yeah I just looked at the responses on SportsCenter's facebook page and they're tearing into the news. Still see plenty of support for the hiring though.

TD 21
10-01-2020, 06:05 PM
:lmao At the closet racists and brainwashed masses who think the position matters from an X's and O's perspective.

Keep reading/listening to hipster media doing favors for their buddies (who conveniently almost always seem to be in the same age group/pigmentation) by pretending so and so's "adjustments" (which are almost always the same things) swung a series and so and so's lack thereof lost it.

The Clippers imploded primarily due to no answer for Jokic, lack of chemistry/leadership and some of the key role players clearly not being all in mentally/physically. No flavor of the month white guy was changing that.

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 06:06 PM
:lol yeah I just looked at the responses on SportsCenter's facebook page and they're tearing into the news. Still see plenty of support for the hiring though.

I mean you're still onto something. Casuals definitely see him as a top flight coach among the current coaches.

ducks
10-01-2020, 06:07 PM

He won a ring
How many black coaches have?

When more black coaches win titles then people will diminish him

Rummpd
10-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Good luck and you will need it Mr. (Doc :dizzy) Rivers from a true doctor.

Kawhitstorm
10-01-2020, 09:09 PM
RIP 76ers

Kawhitstorm
10-01-2020, 09:10 PM
:lmao At the closet racists and brainwashed masses who think the position matters from an X's and O's perspective.

Keep reading/listening to hipster media doing favors for their buddies (who conveniently almost always seem to be in the same age group/pigmentation) by pretending so and so's "adjustments" (which are almost always the same things) swung a series and so and so's lack thereof lost it.

The Clippers imploded primarily due to no answer for Jokic, lack of chemistry/leadership and some of the key role players clearly not being all in mentally/physically. No flavor of the month white guy was changing that.

Forget Xs/Os, Glenn has been overseeing cancerous locker rooms for years.

Addition by subtraction.:sleep

KobesAchilles
10-02-2020, 09:47 AM
Just a bad situation for Doc to go into in the immediate pov. Bc either Simmons or Embiid is going to get traded next year. It's going to be a very public and messy break up. Doc will have to make a choice who he is going to hitch his wagon to. Either way Doc is going to have to spend all summer talking about how he loves both players, and when management trades one of them, there will be articles saying how Doc was behind the scenes and had his guy chosen.

Normally you could put the fall on Brand. It was Brand's decision to trade Embiid/Simmons but that dude is going to be fired next season as well once they're bounced in the first round again. So it's all going to come down on Doc

TD 21
10-02-2020, 03:08 PM
Forget Xs/Os, Glenn has been overseeing cancerous locker rooms for years.

Addition by subtraction.:sleep

That's his fault how? He's had big egos and strong/volatile personalities.

Robz4000
10-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Saw Rivers wants to trade Ben Simmons to try to get LaMelo Ball.

koriwhat
10-02-2020, 05:57 PM

that's definitely true :tu

R. DeMurre
10-02-2020, 07:10 PM
I wonder if Doc still gets the money from his Clipper contract, or if that's forfeited by getting a different head coaching job?

Kawhitstorm
10-02-2020, 10:37 PM
That's his fault how? He's had big egos and strong/volatile personalities.

He literally traded for his cancerous son & gave him a fat contract :lol

Killakobe81
10-02-2020, 10:54 PM

This glossed over because of the multiple failures...but nepotism is worse.

lefty
10-03-2020, 12:58 AM
He won a ring
How many black coaches have?

When more black coaches win titles then people will diminish him

Doc was carried by Thibs :lol

TD 21
10-03-2020, 03:26 PM

That was a sensible trade/flyer at the time and though they overpaid him, it was during the '16 cap spike. It also has little to do with what you said or what I asked.

Kawhitstorm
10-03-2020, 06:08 PM
That was a sensible trade/flyer at the time and though they overpaid him, it was during the '16 cap spike. It also has little to do with what you said or what I asked.

Pretty sure he would have taken a “flyer” on him if he wasn’t his son. It’s not like Matt Barnes & Dudley haven’t spoken about Doc playing favorites.