PDA

View Full Version : *** Official 2020 Election "I Called It!" Prognostication Thread ***

ElNono
10-01-2020, 08:05 PM
We're barely a month away from election night, tbh, make your call on who wins the election if you have the balls/ovaries and earn the right to say you called it or eat crow when it's all over.

Everyone is entitled their their opinion, btw, and the choices made here are not necessarily indicative as to whether a poster is a staunch liberal/conservative (ie: a lot of posters expressed they would prefer if both would lose).

I'm gonna try to make this a 3 day poll ending October 4.. we'll see if the site allows.

hater
10-01-2020, 08:07 PM
Very easy call. Called it last year tbqh

:tu

Reck
10-01-2020, 08:09 PM
Easy call. Biden and Harris if he makes it to November health wise.

ElNono
10-01-2020, 08:10 PM
I'm ready now to make my call. I think Joe Biden is going to be the next POTUS, provided he lives past Nov 4th and into the new year, tbh.

I think Trump/Pence needed to win at least the same states they did in '16, and I don't see that happening, tbh...

Spurminator
10-01-2020, 08:14 PM
I'm going to predict Trump based specifically on strategic voter suppression by Republicans. They have shown they will do anything to suppress the vote, and they can get away with it. I would be glad to be wrong.

I'll go one further and predict that Trump wins the election despite losing the popular vote by over 5 million votes.

Nathan89
10-01-2020, 08:15 PM
It will be very difficult for Trump to overcome the mass disinformation campaign being executed by the media tbh

ElNono
10-01-2020, 08:17 PM
I'm going to predict Trump based specifically on strategic voter suppression by Republicans. They have shown they will do anything to suppress the vote, and they can get away with it. I would be glad to be wrong.

I'll go one further and predict that Trump wins the election despite losing the popular vote by over 5 million votes.

I have no doubt he'll sue, kick and scream, unless the results point to him winning. In other words, I fully expect him to be a sore loser.

spurraider21
10-01-2020, 08:18 PM
I'm picking Biden to win the popular vote, and Trump winning the election via 5-4 SCOTUS decision

Kavanaugh - Barrett - Alito - Thomas - Gorsuch

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2020, 08:19 PM

it's a lot different this time though, the fact that trump lost so many white women is why he's losing so bad. That's why he's all in on fraud election

Ef-man
10-01-2020, 08:20 PM
I hear that republicans will publish the results if he wins this poll just like they did for the KISS-FM Phoenix Online survey.

Spurminator
10-01-2020, 08:21 PM
it's a lot different this time though, the fact that trump lost so many white women is why he's losing so bad. That's why he's all in on fraud election

That won't stop Republicans from closing polling places in heavily populated, urban areas. They know exactly how many votes they need to suppress in order to win and they're going to do it.

GAustex
10-01-2020, 08:28 PM
Do not know
My observation from work with 35 folks. 30 under 35 and the rest older.
The olders are all orange man.
The youngsters (Hispanic and Asian and white folk and one Nigerian Black) all for orange man except two hippie chicks and the gay dude.
Highly educated office.

pgardn
10-01-2020, 09:00 PM

You called Hillary.
You backed out.

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 09:14 PM
I'm picking Biden to win the popular vote, and Trump winning the election via 5-4 SCOTUS decision

2nd best case scenario. Trump landslide being best case scenario.

benefactor
10-01-2020, 09:19 PM
Biden tbh. It would have been much closer but covid locked it up for him. He wins the EC by a wide margin.

pgardn
10-01-2020, 09:25 PM
If Florida could just be an early blow out for Biden (doubtful) this could all be over quickly.
Thats my hope.

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 09:55 PM
All things being fair, I have Trump in a landslide. But the mail-in voting scam has me concerned.

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 09:56 PM
Biden tbh. It would have been much closer but covid locked it up for him. He wins the EC by a wide margin.

Biden had no chance without Democrats wrecking the economy and then having riots organized on his behalf. :lol

ChumpDumper
10-01-2020, 09:58 PM
All things being fair, I have Trump in a landslide. But the mail-in voting scam has me concerned.You vote present.

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 09:59 PM
You vote present.

Sure. I don't have an absolute prediction to give. I vote present and own it.

You can never own your voting present. :lmao

ChumpDumper
10-01-2020, 09:59 PM
Sure. I don't have a sure prediction. I vote present and own it.

You can never own your voting present. :lmao:lmao derp's afraid to vote.

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 10:01 PM
:cry

Gun to my head, if I had to vote, I'd vote Trump just as you have done.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2020, 10:02 PM
Gun to my head, if I had to vote, I'd vote Trump just as you have done.Then vote.

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 10:04 PM
Then vote.

Why is it important to you that I check the box?

ChumpDumper
10-01-2020, 10:05 PM
Why is it important to you that I check the box?derp folds

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 10:08 PM
derp folds

Srsly, give me a reason; else it's just lashing out.

Spurs Homer
10-01-2020, 10:08 PM
Biden but with a caveat

Biden wins ACTUAL ELECTION

Trump causes a constitutional crisis and fuckery ensues

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 10:09 PM
Biden but with a caveat

So Trump wins but with the caveat that you're a snowflake. :lmao

ChumpDumper
10-01-2020, 10:09 PM
Srsly, give me a reason; else it's just lashing out.You found your reason to fold.

Can't fight your nature.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2020, 10:10 PM
So Trump wins but with the caveat that you're a snowflake. :lmaoHe voted.

You're present.

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 10:11 PM
He voted.

You're present.

I already said I voted present, chimp.

I can own my present votes. You can't.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2020, 10:27 PM
I already said I voted present, chimp.

I can own my present votes. You can't.:lol present derp owns his folding

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 10:29 PM
:lol present derp owns his folding

You don't even know what you're crying about at this point. :lmao

Are you going to make sure you don't participate in threads you don't cast a vote in going forward?

ChumpDumper
10-01-2020, 10:32 PM
You don't even know what you're crying about at this point. :lmao

Are you going to make sure you don't participate in threads you don't cast a vote in going forward?derp votes present and crying:lol

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 10:39 PM
derp votes present and crying:lol

You vote present all the time, derp.

Again, you don't even know what you're crying about.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2020, 10:40 PM
You vote present all the time, derp.

Again, you don't even know what you're crying about.:lmao derp can't stop crying about his folding present

benefactor
10-01-2020, 10:49 PM
Can we actually just let this thread be what it's for? You two have a dozen threads you can slap fight in.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2020, 10:49 PM
Can we actually just let this thread be what it's for? You two have a dozen threads you can slap fight in.OK.

benefactor
10-01-2020, 10:53 PM
OK.
Thank you sir.:tu

Will Hunting
10-01-2020, 10:58 PM
The fact I'm seeing long, drawn out Biden ads on national TV but haven't seen any Trump ads tells me Biden has more money than he needs and Trump is tight on cash.

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2020, 11:02 PM
If Florida could just be an early blow out for Biden (doubtful) this could all be over quickly.
Thats my hope.

If Biden wins Florida election night, this shit is over, a florida win means demographic wise, biden has won the demos trump needed

Bogie
10-01-2020, 11:03 PM
Do not know
My observation from work with 35 folks. 30 under 35 and the rest older.
The olders are all orange man.
The youngsters (Hispanic and Asian and white folk and one Nigerian Black) all for orange man except two hippie chicks and the gay dude.
Highly educated office.

so you’re a janitor there, then?

Bogie
10-01-2020, 11:07 PM
The fact I'm seeing long, drawn out Biden ads on national TV but haven't seen any Trump ads tells me Biden has more money than he needs and Trump is tight on cash.

i would guess the internal polling at the party level has them now trying to keep 51 senate seats. That’s the main concern for the nrc now.

if that blows up in their faces, then it will devolve to keeping the base together under the republican name, rather than let them follow trump off over the rainbow

Will Hunting
10-01-2020, 11:15 PM
i would guess the internal polling at the party level has them now trying to keep 51 senate seats. That’s the main concern for the nrc now.

if that blows up in their faces, then it will devolve to keeping the base together under the republican name, rather than let them follow trump off over the rainbow
That latter part might be easier said than done.

I think you're right about senate seats though. They're dumping $10mm into the Michigan senate race thinking they might be able to flip it. They're still spending an ungodly amount in North Carolina but nothing will make Thom Tillis a likable person.

I've poured a lot of money (at least by my standards) into Greenfield's campaign, so I'm glad to see she's up 12 points on Ernst in the most recent poll.

Bogie
10-01-2020, 11:28 PM
That latter part might be easier said than done.

I think you're right about senate seats though. They're dumping $10mm into the Michigan senate race thinking they might be able to flip it. They're still spending an ungodly amount in North Carolina but nothing will make Thom Tillis a likable person.

I've poured a lot of money (at least by my standards) into Greenfield's campaign, so I'm glad to see she's up 12 points on Ernst in the most recent poll.

Joni is just not a good person. She was able to get elected during the tevangelical movement because she was able to spin herself as some sort of Uber deficit hawk. Her campaign slogan was she would cut spending just like castrated hogs on her farm. And she got all kinds of dark money, from outside the state. But she’s been a nothing senator, just like she was a nothing State legislator who missed votes regularly.

the dem party in Iowa has worked hard to get rid of her. They organized behind greenfield early. They want to balance grassley’s corruption, which they did for many years with Tom Harkin

Tom Harkin was able to get elected, and re-elected in Iowa, because western iowa considered him their native son. Literally people would vote for Steve king and Tom Harkin on the same ballot. It was wild.

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 11:31 PM
:lmao derp can't stop crying about his folding present

Are you crying because you think voting present is weak?

Use your words, chump.

Will Hunting
10-01-2020, 11:35 PM
Joni is just not a good person. She was able to get elected during the tevangelical movement because she was able to spin herself as some sort of Uber deficit hawk. Her campaign slogan was she would cut spending just like castrated hogs on her farm. And she got all kinds of dark money, from outside the state. But she’s been a nothing senator, just like she was a nothing State legislator who missed votes regularly.

the dem party in Iowa has worked hard to get rid of her. They organized behind greenfield early. They want to balance grassley’s corruption, which they did for many years with Tom Harkin

Tom Harkin was able to get elected, and re-elected in Iowa, because western iowa considered him their native son. Literally people would vote for Steve king and Tom Harkin on the same ballot. It was wild.
I loved Tom Harkin. One of the few politicians who thought of childhood obesity as an issue more serious than the first lady pet project it typically is. If Grassley doesn't run in 2022 Schumer should get on his knees and beg Harkin to come out of retirement :lol

And yeah, Ernst is a crazy person when you actually listen to what she says. Her pig castration campaign slogans were really weird, she's a more polished Sarah Palin. Greenfield was really nervous and unprepared in her debate this week (Ernst was even worse though) but other than that I've liked her as a candidate.

pgardn
10-01-2020, 11:50 PM
If Biden wins Florida election night, this shit is over, a florida win means demographic wise, biden has won the demos trump needed

The EC would also be done with early.
I want it over and Trump out with certainty because we know the btch lies, cheats and will do anything.
Florida means he has lost all control immediately.

Its the best thing for this country.
I can hope, but I doubt it.

Then, jail would be perfect. In NY.

Spurtacular
10-01-2020, 11:50 PM

Use your words, chump.

Tell us your deal, derp.

ChumpDumper

DMC
10-01-2020, 11:52 PM
so you’re a janitor there, then?

You against blue collar workers?

baseline bum
10-01-2020, 11:55 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. He had lost all the white women in 2016 too until the actual election date. Can't trust no cave bitches.

Spurtacular
10-02-2020, 12:05 AM

Use your words, chump.

Stop being a little bitch and answer, ChumpDumper.

Reck
10-02-2020, 12:19 AM
:lol this thread

Spurtacular
10-02-2020, 12:36 AM
:cry I made a pwomise to a fellow narc :cry

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

:lmao You's a total bitch, ChumpDumper! (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15777)

ChumpHumper
10-02-2020, 12:59 AM
Thanks fo saving me benowfactow! I was weally getting my ass kicked!

ElNono
10-02-2020, 01:05 AM
jesus, you don't have to melt down in every thread, derp...

Spurtacular
10-02-2020, 01:09 AM

Yea, derp had to run out after that ass whooping he took. :lmao

Spurtacular
10-02-2020, 01:10 AM
:lmao ChumpDumper had been told to not even vote present.
:lmao The fucking irony.
:lmao What a total bitch.
:lmao Kowtowing to a fellow narc!!!!!!!!!! :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

spurraider21
10-02-2020, 01:12 AM
actually he does, statistically speaking

baseline bum
10-02-2020, 01:28 AM
We're barely a month away from election night, tbh, make your call on who wins the election if you have the balls/ovaries and earn the right to say you called it or eat crow when it's all over.

Everyone is entitled their their opinion, btw, and the choices made here are not necessarily indicative as to whether a poster is a staunch liberal/conservative (ie: a lot of posters expressed they would prefer if both would lose).

I'm gonna try to make this a 3 day poll ending October 4.. we'll see if the site allows.

So does COVID-45 count as third party?

ElNono
10-02-2020, 01:29 AM

COVID-45 could be the unsung hero here, tbh

Spurtacular
10-02-2020, 01:30 AM
:lmao ChumpDumper tapping likes while BUNKER BITCHING.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

spurraider21
10-02-2020, 01:30 AM
:lmao

ElNono
10-02-2020, 02:16 AM
:lol did derp just liked one of his own posts with one of his alts? jeez

ChumpDumper
10-02-2020, 02:49 AM
:lol did derp just liked one of his own posts with one of his alts? jeezOne?

More like five on this page.

Spurtacular
10-02-2020, 02:51 AM
One?

More like five on this page.

:cry This isn't "slap fighting" cos I'm indirectly uh muh doing it :cry

:lmao The faggotry

Also, still :lmao @ you tapping out like a bitch. :rollin

Don't even reply, you fucking bitch. You've been told.

Winehole23
10-02-2020, 08:42 AM
That won't stop Republicans from closing polling places in heavily populated, urban areas. They know exactly how many votes they need to suppress in order to win and they're going to do it.This race has been unusually stable and voters seem to be highly motivated. I think turnout will crush any attempt to suppress the vote and that Biden might beat Trump so badly the networks will call it on election night.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

Warlord23
10-02-2020, 09:05 AM
Biden will win if he stays alive. He only needs to flip PA, MI and WI to cross 270 - all states where he has held a comfortable lead over several months

The Trump campaign is busy playing defense in FL, AZ, NC, OH - with states like GA, IA and TX being much closer than anticipated

Biden's worst case is 278, best case is 350+

benefactor
10-02-2020, 09:51 AM
:lol did derp just liked one of his own posts with one of his alts? jeez
He's like a toddler that just had his toy taken away. He broke the alts out because he knows I have him on ignore

Will Hunting
10-02-2020, 10:04 AM
Biden will win if he stays alive. He only needs to flip PA, MI and WI to cross 270 - all states where he has held a comfortable lead over several months

The Trump campaign is busy playing defense in FL, AZ, NC, OH - with states like GA, IA and TX being much closer than anticipated

Biden's worst case is 278, best case is 350+
This is why I don’t see a path for Trump beyond rampant voter suppression and cheating (which is why they hate mail in ballots so much, it’s harder to make black people wait in line for 8 hours if they can mail their ballot in). People are overestimating how hard it’s going to be to flip PA MI and WI back. Hillary was a dogshit candidate and ran the worst campaign possible where she barely visited those states, and she still came within 77,000 votes of winning them. Biden is polling above 50% in all of those states now, Hillary never was. These are still lignt blue states when you get enough voter turnout.

Honestly the chances of a Biden landslide are higher than the chances of a Trump win right now.

Chucho
10-02-2020, 10:52 AM
This is why I don’t see a path for Trump beyond rampant voter suppression and cheating (which is why they hate mail in ballots so much, it’s harder to make black people wait in line for 8 hours if they can mail their ballot in). People are overestimating how hard it’s going to be to flip PA MI and WI back. Hillary was a dogshit candidate and ran the worst campaign possible where she barely visited those states, and she still came within 77,000 votes of winning them. Biden is polling above 50% in all of those states now, Hillary never was. These are still lignt blue states when you get enough voter turnout.

Honestly the chances of a Biden landslide are higher than the chances of a Trump win right now.

Where is there 8 hour long polling places?

Will Hunting
10-02-2020, 10:55 AM
Atlanta in 2018

Cleveland in 2004

Chucho
10-02-2020, 10:57 AM
Atlanta in 2018

Cleveland in 2004

And the Republicans caused those?

Will Hunting
10-02-2020, 11:13 AM
And the Republicans caused those?
In 2018 you had a Republican Secretary of State managing a gubernatorial race where he was a candidate, and he refused to recuse himself as the one managing the election even though it was an obvious conflict of interest. Multiple precincts in Atlanta got faulty equipment. Voting was supposed to start at 7am and some of the precincts didn't actually get up and running until 11am.

You also had massive voter roll purges with a lot of names "mistakenly" being purged. Shocking that those voter roll purges had a disproportionate amount of black voters on them.

Regarding 2004, the long lines were due to a shortage of voting machines despite pleas from Democratic mayors to the board of elections that their precincts needed more resources.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2005/03/hitchens200503
https://web.archive.org/web/20070407113643/http://cha.house.gov/hearings/Testimony.aspx?TID=676

The idea that Republicans are acting in good faith when they do stuff like this is laughable. It's such an easy problem to avoid, there shouldn't ever be a scenario where a county has to pick and choose how to allocated a limited amount of voting machines.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 02:39 AM
Chumpettes learned nothing from 2016.

ElNono
10-03-2020, 02:59 AM
Chumpettes learned nothing from 2016.

What did they have to learn from 2016?

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 03:03 AM
What did they have to learn from 2016?

That the polls are faked.

ElNono
10-03-2020, 03:04 AM
That the polls are faked.

If anything, one would expect pollsters to have learned from 2016.... but if that thought makes you sleep better at night, so be it :tu

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 03:10 AM
If anything, one would expect pollsters to have learned from 2016.... but if that thought makes you sleep better at night, so be it :tu

Why would they need to learn any lessons? It wasn't human error.

ElNono
10-03-2020, 03:14 AM
Why would they need to learn any lessons? It wasn't human error.

Not sure what you're implying, but obviously the landscape on how to reach people has changed dramatically in the past 20 years.

That said, statistically speaking, 2016 is actually an outlier. Heck, they were pretty much spot on in 2018.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 03:17 AM
Not sure what you're implying, but obviously the landscape on how to reach people has changed dramatically in the past 20 years.

That said, statistically speaking, 2016 is actually an outlier. Heck, they were pretty much spot on in 2018.

I'm not implying anything. I flat out said they're fake, not flawed.

There's plenty of indicators out there to show this. You're a partisan who can't accept it. You want the sham.

It is what it is.

ElNono
10-03-2020, 04:25 AM
I'm not implying anything. I flat out said they're fake, not flawed.

There's plenty of indicators out there to show this. You're a partisan who can't accept it. You want the sham.

It is what it is.

So we just take your word for it? lol

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 06:29 AM
So we just take your word for it? lol

You take the media / Democrats word for everything. That's not changing.

MultiTroll
10-03-2020, 02:23 PM
Not sure why Biden campaign is pulling negative ads.
If he wanted to take the high road, he should have at the debate. The moderator Chris Wallace was awesome and would have and did attempt to put Bully Boi and his diapers back in Time Out. Biden would have looked so much better by not responding in kind to Trumps schtick.

So now Biden is going to take the *High Road* and not neg on Dump while he is in quarantine. Trump has provided so many soundbites with his bungling of the virus. Not sure why Biden campaign is not seizing on these. They soundbites would play themselves.

Trump the Virus could well come back from his Covid (if real) and turn into Bully Bitch all over again.

Trainwreck2100
10-03-2020, 02:39 PM
In 2018 you had a Republican Secretary of State managing a gubernatorial race where he was a candidate, and he refused to recuse himself as the one managing the election even though it was an obvious conflict of interest. Multiple precincts in Atlanta got faulty equipment. Voting was supposed to start at 7am and some of the precincts didn't actually get up and running until 11am.

You also had massive voter roll purges with a lot of names "mistakenly" being purged. Shocking that those voter roll purges had a disproportionate amount of black voters on them.

Regarding 2004, the long lines were due to a shortage of voting machines despite pleas from Democratic mayors to the board of elections that their precincts needed more resources.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2005/03/hitchens200503
https://web.archive.org/web/20070407113643/http://cha.house.gov/hearings/Testimony.aspx?TID=676

The idea that Republicans are acting in good faith when they do stuff like this is laughable. It's such an easy problem to avoid, there shouldn't ever be a scenario where a county has to pick and choose how to allocated a limited amount of voting machines.
Don't forget the Supreme Court gutting the voting rights act because "we're there racism is no more" Then the R's immediately flip the voter suppression switch on

ElNono
10-03-2020, 02:47 PM
You take the media / Democrats word for everything. That's not changing.

But I don't. That's your ignorant jump to conclusions, per par... ie: how many polls have you looked at their methodology?

This is a reactionary and dogmatic item to you. You really didn't take the time to study what makes a good or a bad poll, and classify them accordingly.

I pretty much made it well known I hate the DNC, and dislike Biden, so you're just lashing out.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 03:21 PM
But I don't. That's your ignorant jump to conclusions, per par... ie: how many polls have you looked at their methodology?

This is a reactionary and dogmatic item to you. You really didn't take the time to study what makes a good or a bad poll, and classify them accordingly.

I pretty much made it well known I hate the DNC, and dislike Biden, so you're just lashing out.

Yea, you're above it. :lol

ElNono
10-03-2020, 03:55 PM
Yea, you're above it. :lol

:lol you're clearly not.

Splits
10-03-2020, 03:56 PM

Learned what, that being within the margin of error is bad?

https://i.imgur.com/iOweJH3.png

ElNono
10-03-2020, 03:59 PM
Learned what, that being within the margin of error is bad?

https://i.imgur.com/iOweJH3.png

Most peeps don't remember this, tbh... but I think they course corrected as far as weighing their polls better in '18 already, and somebody still needs to make an argument that they were all horrible pre-'16 either.

ElNono
10-06-2020, 04:02 AM
Poll closed... disappointed most of the usual trumptard suspects are scared to make a call, tbh...

Spurtacular
10-06-2020, 06:02 AM
Poll closed... disappointed most of the usual trumptard suspects are scared to make a call, tbh...

All things being fair, I have Trump in a landslide. But the mail-in voting scam has me concerned.

Nobody shows up to Biden's junk events. Nobody puts his sign on their yard. He does nothing besides have senior moments and the media claims he's upping his lead to double digits. Don't tell me it's cos Trump is that bad. Trump fills arenas and creates all kind of excitement. This election will show us how strong the Democrat cheating apparatus is. They're pioneering the mail-in scam on a mass level too. We'll see. You wouldn't want a fair vote for a second though.

LkrFan
10-06-2020, 06:32 AM

Why do Repugs keep suppressing votes? SMH

Anywho:

https://twitter.com/RepsForBiden/status/1313439559213084672?s=19

Spurtacular
10-06-2020, 06:44 AM
Why do Repugs keep suppressing votes? SMH

Anywho:

https://twitter.com/RepsForBiden/status/1313439559213084672?s=19

56-40: People say Trump will win the election. How can so many people not believe the polls?

LkrFan
10-06-2020, 06:50 AM
56-40: People say Trump will win the election. How can so many people not believe the polls?

Source: Faux News

Spurtacular
10-06-2020, 06:51 AM
Source: Faux News

Gallup is fake news?

LkrFan
10-06-2020, 07:35 AM
Gallup is fake news?

I see what you mean
https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1311832260056940547?s=19

They "believe" Trump will win, but that's not the same as they "voted" for Trump.

His Postmaster General is doing his point to "slow down" the mail delivery system like he told his people to "slow down" COVID-19 testing. He's good at cheating. He once said he could shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th Avenue and get away with it. He's gotten away with 210K deaths (and counting) so far. SMH

CosmicCowboy
10-06-2020, 08:12 AM
Democrats sweep the House, Senate, and Presidency. Trump has poisoned the Republican party.

Winehole23
10-06-2020, 08:19 AM
Biden had no chance without Democrats wrecking the economy and then having riots organized on his behalf. :lolThe COVIDening seems not to have excited broad sympathy for Trump.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ejo0CYDXYAEhGfA?format=png&name=small

Will Hunting
10-06-2020, 08:23 AM
:lmao "Democrats wrecking the economy"

The last two presidents to wreck the economy were GWB and Donald Trump.

CosmicCowboy
10-06-2020, 08:25 AM
:lmao "Democrats wrecking the economy"

The last two presidents to wreck the economy were GWB and Donald Trump.

Covid wrecked economies around the world.

Will Hunting
10-06-2020, 08:30 AM
:lol defending Trump

The results speak for themselves. Assuming Trump loses, the last 3 Republican presidents we've had will have left office with a recession being dumped off on their Democratic successor. It's been going on for 30 years now - Republican presidents create recessions, Democrats have to come in and fix them.

Winehole23
10-06-2020, 08:53 AM
Covid wrecked economies around the world.What accounts for the dramatic differences in national outcomes, in your opinion?

Winehole23
10-06-2020, 09:02 AM
Good explanation of the outliers, like the CNN poll posted upstream:

(Biden's lead has been stable at 8-9 points.)

RandomGuy
10-06-2020, 09:19 AM

who wins this year? Didn't see your call.

RandomGuy
10-06-2020, 09:21 AM

This means that for anyone born after 1980, the only Republican presidents they know, left the economy in shambles, to be cleaned up by Democrats.

I would argue that Reagan royally fucked the economy as well for anyone not in the 1%

RandomGuy
10-06-2020, 09:23 AM
Democrats sweep the House, Senate, and Presidency. Trump has poisoned the Republican party.

It was shit to begin with. Rotten to the evangelical core. Deep vein of hypocrisy and racism is not really a basis for a political party.

Trump just brought out the underlying rot, like peeling away the bark from a rotten log.

RandomGuy
10-06-2020, 09:26 AM

Trump won't be holding any more superspreader events for a while. Those are cheap, cause he is on the taxpayer dime for that.

Fuck maybe he will anyway.

RandomGuy
10-06-2020, 09:28 AM
Stop being a little bitch and answer, ChumpDumper.

:cry I made a pwomise to a fellow narc :cry

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

:lmao You's a total bitch, ChumpDumper! (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15777)

Yea, derp had to run out after that ass whooping he took. :lmao

:lmao ChumpDumper had been told to not even vote present.
:lmao The fucking irony.
:lmao What a total bitch.
:lmao Kowtowing to a fellow narc!!!!!!!!!! :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

:lmao ChumpDumper tapping likes while BUNKER BITCHING.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

:cry This isn't "slap fighting" cos I'm indirectly uh muh doing it :cry

:lmao The faggotry

Also, still :lmao @ you tapping out like a bitch. :rollin

Don't even reply, you fucking bitch. You've been told.

Jesus Christ man, have some dignity. Beg just a little less. He agreed to stop sparring with you and is living up to that, out of respect for the rest of us.

CosmicCowboy
10-06-2020, 11:27 AM
What accounts for the dramatic differences in national outcomes, in your opinion?

Stupid Americans "independence" and refusal to follow simple guidelines. Totalitarian governments did better by cracking down on their population.

CosmicCowboy
10-06-2020, 11:29 AM
:lol defending Trump

The results speak for themselves. Assuming Trump loses, the last 3 Republican presidents we've had will have left office with a recession being dumped off on their Democratic successor. It's been going on for 30 years now - Republican presidents create recessions, Democrats have to come in and fix them.

I'm not "defending Trump" but the economy was kicking ass before Covid. That is undeniable and your oversimplification that "Republican Presidents cause recessions" is just fucking dumb.

Spurminator
10-06-2020, 11:32 AM
I'm not "defending Trump" but the economy was kicking ass before Covid. That is undeniable and your oversimplification that "Republican Presidents cause recessions" is just fucking dumb.

All of the markers were there for another recession even without COVID. May not have happened until his second term, but it was going to happen. Deregulate everything, allow rampant financial lawlessness, it's great for the stock market in the short term but the party ends at some point.

Will Hunting
10-06-2020, 11:36 AM
Ah the "Trump is good if you ignore everything that's bad" argument. There were more jobs created in the last 3 years of Obama's presidency than there were during the first 3 years of Trump's presidency. Trump took over an economy already below 5% unemployment with the wind at its back. All he did pre-COVID to "contribute" to the good economy was cut taxes for rich people and feed an asset bubble via stock buybacks. He got credit for the economy he inherited from Obama the same way GWB got credit for the economy he inherited from Clinton, then he used said good economy as an excuse to deregulate and cut taxes the same way GWB did.

The numbers don't lie. Since 1988 there's been net job growth in the US of 33 million. 35 million of those jobs came when Obama and Clinton were president and -2 million came with Republican presidents :lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ejlc4FBXcAYnlYU?format=jpg&name=large

Winehole23
10-06-2020, 12:06 PM
Stupid Americans "independence" and refusal to follow simple guidelines. Totalitarian governments did better by cracking down on their population.Germany and New Zealand aren't totalitarian; neither is Hong Kong or South Korea.

Bogie
10-06-2020, 12:17 PM
Ah the "Trump is good if you ignore everything that's bad" argument. There were more jobs created in the last 3 years of Obama's presidency than there were during the first 3 years of Trump's presidency. Trump took over an economy already below 5% unemployment with the wind at its back. All he did pre-COVID to "contribute" to the good economy was cut taxes for rich people and feed an asset bubble via stock buybacks. He got credit for the economy he inherited from Obama the same way GWB got credit for the economy he inherited from Clinton, then he used said good economy as an excuse to deregulate and cut taxes the same way GWB did.

The numbers don't lie. Since 1988 there's been net job growth in the US of 33 million. 35 million of those jobs came when Obama and Clinton were president and -2 million came with Republican presidents :lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ejlc4FBXcAYnlYU?format=jpg&name=large

you’re omitting that they borrowed a trillion dollars for three consecutive fiscal years in the greatest economy ever.

CosmicCowboy
10-06-2020, 12:19 PM
Germany and New Zealand aren't totalitarian; neither is Hong Kong or South Korea.

New Zealand is a fucking Island and they locked it down.

The other three are culturally more obedient than the US. Also, Hong Kong and South Korea had already been through SARS.

Bogie
10-06-2020, 12:20 PM

This is false. The economy wasn’t kicking ass. Pumping a trillion dollars a year in borrowed spending doesn’t happen when the economy is kicking ass.

and they did that in fiscal years 2017 2018 and 2019.

The stock market was artificially propped up with stock buybacks. But if that’s how you base the strength of the economy, then you don’t understand anything about it.

Winehole23
10-06-2020, 12:22 PM
New Zealand is a fucking Island and they locked it down.

The other three are culturally more obedient than the US. Also, Hong Kong and South Korea had already been through SARS.Lol obedient. i would say rational and smart.

(You left out political leadership, strong public heath systems, contact tracing and rapid testing)

Will Hunting
10-06-2020, 12:24 PM
They're more "obedient" in the sense they don't have a conservative party that radicalizes its base by politicizing issues as trivial as wearing a fucking mask.

CosmicCowboy
10-06-2020, 12:29 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/05/03/us-economy-added-jobs-april-unemployment-fell-percent-lowest-since/

Will Hunting
10-06-2020, 12:31 PM
you’re omitting that they borrowed a trillion dollars for three consecutive fiscal years in the greatest economy ever.
Yeah good point. Clinton and Obama managed to grow the economy and create jobs while also managing the national debt (in Clinton's case, he even left office with surpluses). GWB and Trump required annual deficit spending of $1+ trillion to stave off financial calamity. If congress cooperated with Obama on a stimulus package the same way it cooperated with Trump on a multi-trillion dollar stimulus package, we would have had much more rapid job growth and recovery in Obama's 1st term.

CosmicCowboy
10-06-2020, 01:07 PM
Yeah good point. Clinton and Obama managed to grow the economy and create jobs while also managing the national debt (in Clinton's case, he even left office with surpluses). GWB and Trump required annual deficit spending of $1+ trillion to stave off financial calamity. If congress cooperated with Obama on a stimulus package the same way it cooperated with Trump on a multi-trillion dollar stimulus package, we would have had much more rapid job growth and recovery in Obama's 1st term.

LOL at assuming Clinton engineered those surpluses. You should educate yourself on the politics of that period.

spurraider21
10-06-2020, 01:08 PM
All of the markers were there for another recession even without COVID. May not have happened until his second term, but it was going to happen. Deregulate everything, allow rampant financial lawlessness, it's great for the stock market in the short term but the party ends at some point.
massive deregulation and tax cuts are like candy for dinner

ElNono
10-06-2020, 01:20 PM
LOL at assuming Clinton engineered those surpluses. You should educate yourself on the politics of that period.

Even if you want to credit a red congress, he's the one that followed through with it. When dubya came around, he threw it all away with a giant tax cut, and nobody from the same red congress said a peep about it.

More of the same old deficit matters only when there's a dem president.

Will Hunting
10-06-2020, 01:23 PM
His 1993 tax increases made those surpluses possible. If Republicans has their way they would have cut taxes for the rich and paid for it with deficits.

RandomGuy
10-06-2020, 01:29 PM

It was the beginning of the Republican march towards outright goose-stepping fascism, in hindsight.

Gingrich's hypocritical tenure as speaker, and impeaching someone over a fucking blowjob were the first steps in the ultimate rotting away of the moral fibre of the GOP.

I remember the politics of hte period quite well, thank you. You dont' have a monopoly on memory.

We were, and always will be, better off under Democrats, who aren't anti-science, anti-expert fuckwits.

Spurtacular
10-06-2020, 03:43 PM
I see what you mean
https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1311832260056940547?s=19

They "believe" Trump will win, but that's not the same as they "voted" for Trump.

His Postmaster General is doing his point to "slow down" the mail delivery system like he told his people to "slow down" COVID-19 testing. He's good at cheating. He once said he could shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th Avenue and get away with it. He's gotten away with 210K deaths (and counting) so far. SMH

In other words, most people think the polls are fake.

Reck
10-06-2020, 03:44 PM
In other words, most people think the polls are fake.

Derp copes.

Spurtacular
10-06-2020, 03:45 PM
The COVIDening seems not to have excited broad sympathy for Trump.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ejo0CYDXYAEhGfA?format=png&name=small

This the same CIANN that said Biden handily won the debate, quite contrary to the CSPAN/Telemundo polls?

Reck
10-06-2020, 03:46 PM
This the same CIANN that said Biden handily won the debate, quite contrary to the CSPAN/Telemundo polls?

Likely voter vs random online polls=the same

:lol

Spurtacular
10-06-2020, 03:48 PM
Jesus Christ man, have some dignity. Beg just a little less. He agreed to stop sparring with you and is living up to that, out of respect for the rest of us.

Muhammad, get over yourself. Where's the lecture for Chump, RandomCuck? Oh, dat selective outrage. Par.

Spurtacular
10-06-2020, 03:50 PM
Likely voter vs random online polls=the same

:lol

Only the kool aid drinkers thought Biden won. CNN makes up numbers. Come to terms.

RandomGuy
10-06-2020, 03:52 PM
Muhammad, get over yourself. Where's the lecture for Chump, RandomCuck? Oh, dat selective outrage. Par.

Chump wasn't begging for your attention. What would the lecture be about geenyus?

Splits
10-06-2020, 03:54 PM
God listening to Biden read of the prompter is insufferable, he fucks up every third word.

smh 'Murica, what a shithole if this is the best you have to offer

Reck
10-06-2020, 03:57 PM
God listening to Biden read of the prompter is insufferable, he fucks up every third word.

smh 'Murica, what a shithole if this is the best you have to offer

What happened?

Let me guess, he fucked up on the numbers again? For some reason he always fucks up the COVID deaths or anything to do with numbers.

Spurtacular
10-06-2020, 05:00 PM
Chump wasn't begging for your attention. What would the lecture be about geenyus?

Oh, yea. :cry Chump is an innocent bystander :cry

DMC
10-06-2020, 05:06 PM
This entire forum is just a few liberals slap fighting with Spurtacular. Rinse and repeat in almost every thread.

Spurtacular
10-06-2020, 05:11 PM
This entire forum is just a few liberals slap fighting with Spurtacular. Rinse and repeat in almost every thread.

https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/wiredscience/2013/10/600-grey-goblin.gif

This isn't going well for RandomCuck.

Splits
10-06-2020, 05:36 PM
What happened?

Let me guess, he fucked up on the numbers again? For some reason he always fucks up the COVID deaths or anything to do with numbers.

Nothing specific, he can just barely read, I can't even remember any of the instances they happen so often. But almost every sentence he reads a word like "wired" and says "weird, uhhhhh wired".

Winehole23
10-06-2020, 11:43 PM
This entire forum is just a few liberals slap fighting with Spurtacular. Rinse and repeat in almost every thread.You're looking at your belly button lint through a soda straw. It stands to reason you're dissatisfied with the view.

RandomGuy
10-07-2020, 02:29 PM

Oh, yea. :cry Chump is an innocent bystander :cry

Not what I asked, moron. You said Chump needed a lecture, I asked "on what"?

Didn't think that was difficult, even for your pea brain. I was mistaken.

RandomGuy
10-07-2020, 02:30 PM
Cuck.

:lmao

Ef-man
10-12-2020, 12:18 AM
Why did the derp create an new thread on this topic? This is the “official” 2020 election prognostication thread!

Spurminator
10-12-2020, 12:18 AM
Why did the derp create an new thread on this topic? This is the “official” 2020 election prognostication thread!

For the coping.

Ef-man
10-12-2020, 01:29 AM
This is the official election thread derp.

Will Hunting
10-12-2020, 03:15 PM
Just from the first day of early voting in Georgia. Imagine how bad it'll get on election day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/georgia-early-vote-lines/2020/10/12/f8ffcd8c-0ca9-11eb-8a35-237ef1eb2ef7_story.html

This is why Trump and Republicans are so scared of mail-in voting, they have no way to make urban Democratic voters wait in line for hours on end to cast a mail-in ballot.

ElNono
10-12-2020, 09:15 PM
Just voted.

I don't care who you're for or against, make sure to go out there and cast your vote. You can come here and whine for the next 4 years afterwards, tbh

Spurtacular
10-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Just from the first day of early voting in Georgia. Imagine how bad it'll get on election day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/georgia-early-vote-lines/2020/10/12/f8ffcd8c-0ca9-11eb-8a35-237ef1eb2ef7_story.html

This is why Trump and Republicans are so scared of mail-in voting, they have no way to make urban Democratic voters wait in line for hours on end to cast a mail-in ballot.

They're able to vote a month in advance? That doesn't seem much like voter suppression to me.

ChumpDumper
10-12-2020, 09:47 PM
They're able to vote a month in advance? That doesn't seem much like voter suppression to me.Looks like they'll spend the full month in line.

Ef-man
10-12-2020, 09:51 PM
Looks like they'll spend the full month in line.

Imagine if there was no early voting?

Voter suppression would be much easier even against determined voters.

Spurtacular
10-12-2020, 09:51 PM
Looks like they'll spend the full month in line.

Looks like the Dems are perhaps just doing another stunt to make sure we know how awful American democracy is.

ChumpDumper
10-12-2020, 10:00 PM
Looks like the Dems are perhaps just doing another stunt to make sure we know how awful American democracy is.You think people voting is a stunt, derp.

Spurtacular
10-12-2020, 10:08 PM
You think people voting is a stunt, derp.

I think showing up as the polls are opening to cry about a couple hundred people lined up as voter suppression is a stunt.

These are democracy (star) wars nerds is all.

ChumpDumper
10-12-2020, 10:15 PM
I think showing up as the polls are opening to cry about a couple hundred people lined up as voter suppression is a stunt.

These are democracy (star) wars nerds is all.How do you know those people in line are all Democrats, derp?

Explain.

Spurtacular
10-12-2020, 10:21 PM
How do you know those people in line are all Democrats, derp?

Explain.

I didn't say they were all Democrats, derp.

ChumpDumper
10-12-2020, 10:22 PM
I didn't say they were all Democrats, derp.So you say not all were performing a stunt.

How many do you say were performing a stunt?

Spurtacular
10-12-2020, 10:30 PM
So you say not all were performing a stunt.

How many do you say were performing a stunt?

I'm not saying any of those bystanders were wittingly performing a stunt.

You figure it out yet? Or do you want another scoop?

Will Hunting
10-13-2020, 07:43 AM
As hard as Republicans are trying to suppress votes in the Sun Belt with long ass lines, people seem more willing to wait this year.

So far in the states that report party registration, Democrats have a 2.5:1 advantage in mail-in votes/early votes.

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html

AaronY
10-13-2020, 08:19 AM
They trying to take Biden down with...

...Hillary's emails

Pompeo: "There Will Be More To See" Of Hillary Clinton's Emails Before 2020 Election, "Doing It As Fast As We Can"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/10/10/pompeo_there_will_be_more_to_see_of_hillary_clinto ns_emails_before_2020_election_doing_it_as_fast_as _we_can.html

:lmao :lmao :lmao

ChumpDumper
10-13-2020, 08:31 AM
I'm not saying any of those bystanders were wittingly performing a stunt.

You figure it out yet? Or do you want another scoop?No, derp. You're making no sense at all.

Spell out your conspiracy theory so I and everyone else can understand exactly what you mean.

Or fold.

johnsmith
10-13-2020, 08:40 AM
Biden wins big....we all continue to go in with life pretending it has a major impact on our day to day while the actual status quo doesn’t change all that much but we start a new war in the next four to eight years that has no visible goals!

AaronY
10-13-2020, 08:56 AM
Biden wins big....we all continue to go in with life pretending it has a major impact on our day to day while the actual status quo doesn’t change all that much but we start a new war in the next four to eight years that has no visible goals!
Sounds good to me! More than anything all the poor people dying without healthcare is something I'll be looking forward to at least. So tired of the poors. Bernie died for our sins in 2020 lets be honest here. We had one chance and we blew it.

Ah well, can't win em all

Will Hunting
10-13-2020, 09:01 AM
Sounds good to me! More than anything all the poor people dying without healthcare is something I'll be looking forward to at least. So tired of the poors. Bernie died for our sins in 2020 lets be honest here. We had one chance and we blew it.

Ah well, can't win em all
He's not a BernieBro, he's a conservative. A lot of conservatives are trotting out the same "Both sides suck so it doesn't matter!" as BernieBros are.

IMO it's a coping mechanism to make them feel less guilty about supporting Trump.

johnsmith
10-13-2020, 10:26 AM
He's not a BernieBro, he's a conservative. A lot of conservatives are trotting out the same "Both sides suck so it doesn't matter!" as BernieBros are.

IMO it's a coping mechanism to make them feel less guilty about supporting Trump.

You’re probably correct, but it’s where I’m at politically.

I still won’t vote for either of them though.

AaronY
10-13-2020, 11:04 AM

Sounds like me arguing with my gf. Its a great strategy really. As soon as I realize I'm losing an argument I stop caring about it and ask her why she cares so much like its her problem lol.

Will Hunting
10-13-2020, 11:22 AM
Sounds like me arguing with my gf. Its a great strategy really. As soon as I realize I'm losing an argument I stop caring about it and ask her why she cares so much like its her problem lol.
If you haven't voted already, pls vote against the retarded ballot initiative in Florida (iirc that's where you live) that would require future ballot initiative in FL to get approved in two different general elections before going into effect.

TimDunkem
10-13-2020, 11:24 AM
If you haven't voted already, pls vote against the retarded ballot initiative in Florida (iirc that's where you live) that would require future ballot initiative in FL to get approved in two different general elections before going into effect.
Holy shit. Progress of any kind is a big fucking no-no in Florida. :lmao

Will Hunting
10-13-2020, 11:32 AM
Holy shit. Progress of any kind is a big fucking no-no in Florida. :lmao
The Republican party of yesteryear would ignore the will of voters but only up to a point. When voters passed a ballot initiative that used to be when Republicans would waive the white flag on the particular issue and say OK that was fun while it lasted but the jig is up. The post-2009 McConnell GOP doesn't have those limits anymore, its #1 rule is to trample on the will of voters and make things as difficult as possible for them no matter how ridiculous or medieval they need to get. There are multiple ballot initiatives passed in 2018 that GOP controlled state legislatures have since been trying to get thrown out or modified in court, notably felon voting in Florida and independent redistricting in Missouri.

spurraider21
11-06-2020, 10:25 AM

hope biden pads this enough to ensure i'm wrong

TimDunkem
11-06-2020, 10:26 AM
Called it. :tu

Will Hunting
11-06-2020, 10:35 AM
hope biden pads this enough to ensure i'm wrong
The fact we have a former Bush v. Gore GOP lawyer on TV saying Trump has no case helps, Ben Ginsberg goes back with Roberts and Kavanaugh. Roberts definitely won’t do anything ridiculous so he just needs to convince Gorsuch or Kavanaugh to join him in not being overtly corrupt.

RandomGuy
11-06-2020, 10:36 AM
Called it. :tu

Looks like.

ElNono
11-06-2020, 10:53 AM
I'm ready now to make my call. I think Joe Biden is going to be the next POTUS, provided he lives past Nov 4th and into the new year, tbh.

I think Trump/Pence needed to win at least the same states they did in '16, and I don't see that happening, tbh...

Spurs Homer
11-06-2020, 02:56 PM
Biden but with a caveat

called dat shit

Winehole23
11-06-2020, 03:58 PM
This race has been unusually stable and voters seem to be highly motivated. I think turnout will crush any attempt to suppress the vote and that Biden might beat Trump so badly the networks will call it on election night.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.htmlThey should have called it on election night and probably would have any other year. The MSM is really milking it now.

florige
11-06-2020, 04:03 PM
They should have called it on election night and probably would have any other year. The MSM is really milking it now.

Because Trump gave them prime material for 3-1/2 years. They are about to lose that in a few months. They have to milk this now while they still can. Don Lemon’s whole daily show was reporting the ineptitude of Trump. Biden presidency is going to be a yawn fest for the network’s