PDA

View Full Version : Hidin' Biden Refuses To Deny That He'll Pack The Court

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 06:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFp2Z7gJoyA

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 07:00 AM
And his best friend, Chris Wallace, won't hold his feet to the fire. Trump had to do the moderator's job.

Wallace should be canned from Fox, tbqh.

boutons_deux
10-03-2020, 07:02 AM
The Repugs and conservatives have been blocking Obama and packing the court for 10 years.

The Repugs' court packing:

blocked Obama's SCOTUS judge,

and blocked all of OBama's Federal judges,

then forced through a totally unqualified, impeachable, perjuring Kavanaugh, and

then Repugs seat 200+ Federal judges, young, ABA-unapproved, extreme right wing ideologues to positions left open by blocking Obama.

But now, the Dems say packing the court would be, for them, politically unacceptable or some such bullshit. Fuck the Dems.

Dems win the Senate, and "punch back hard" at Repug court packing, by seating 5 very young progressive justices, giving For The People 8 - 6 advantage over For The Oligarchy assholes.

I expect Thomas to quit in a couple years.

pgardn
10-03-2020, 08:14 AM
Why that would be unprecedented.
it would almost be like a threat.

did Joe go to a red team meeting?

but, but... this is not unconstitutional.

DMX7
10-03-2020, 08:15 AM
They could just reduce the court to 7 and remove the last two who joined most recently.

pgardn
10-03-2020, 08:19 AM
And his best friend, Chris Wallace, won't hold his feet to the fire. Trump had to do the moderator's job.

he does because he’s relentlessly truthful.
can’t have that on Fox
It’s funny that people forget Chris Wallace and his scorching of blue team members under Obama

you need a tucker Carlson ruling type Replacement.
“Well you really can’t take this guy seriously and if you watch this program you know he lies”

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 08:22 AM
:cry Wallace should be canned from Fox :cry

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlimsyAchingAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

DMX7
10-03-2020, 08:26 AM

:cry

Spurs Homer
10-03-2020, 09:31 AM
Repugs : “biden has to announce that he WILL pack the courts in order to assuage our guilt for stealing scotus justices!”

Biden: “No.”

Trainwreck2100
10-03-2020, 09:34 AM
Hidin Biden > Typhoid Trump

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 09:41 AM
Wallace has been auditioning for a job with CNN for years. I'm sure he will be signing a Megyn Kelly type contract any day now after that hit job.

Dana Perino would have been a fair and balanced voice.

he does because he’s relentlessly truthful.
can’t have that on Fox
It’s funny that people forget Chris Wallace and his scorching of blue team members under Obama

you need a tucker Carlson ruling type Replacement.
“Well you really can’t take this guy seriously and if you watch this program you know he lies”

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 09:45 AM
Hidin Biden > Typhoid Trump
Biden ain’t the one hidin right now :lol

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 09:45 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlimsyAchingAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

I'm used to the anti-conservative media by now. Even Fox has their fair share of swindlers. Credit to MSNBC for keeping their network true to who they really are. Fox should take notes.

boutons_deux
10-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Why that would be unprecedented.

it would almost be like a threat.

did Joe go to a red team meeting?

but, but... this is not unconstitutional.

C says nothing about the number of SCOTUS judges, so if, eg 14, (8-6) is not illegal, it's legal

Fuck the Repugs, FUCK oligarchy, FUCK BigCorp

and

FUCK the seat-warming, place-holding, feckless Dems

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 09:58 AM
I'm used to the anti-conservative media by now. Even Fox has their fair share of swindlers. Credit to MSNBC for keeping their network true to who they really are. Fox should take notes.
:lol MSNBC did everything it could to tank Bernie’s campaign. It’s not a left wing news network, it’s a centrist corporate Democrat news network (and I don’t mean centrist as unbiased).

Theres no reason Biden should have to definitively answer a question on court packing right now. He doesn’t know if the Democrats even win the senate and he doesn’t know how much SCOTUS is going to obstruct healthcare reform. Biden isn’t the problem - federalist Society zealots who rule in favor of bad faith legal arguments that are intended to fuck people with pre-existing conditions are.

It’s ridiculous that 10 years after Obamacare is passed, Republicans are incapable of offering any alternatives to it but they’re fighting tooth and nail to get rid of it even after they couldn’t even get their own senators on board with repealing it. Conservatives cry about how liberals allegedly improperly use the court system whenever they can’t get something done legislatively but that’s exactly what Republicans are doing with Obamacare.

Spurs Homer
10-03-2020, 10:00 AM
:lol MSNBC did everything it could to tank Bernie’s campaign. It’s not a left wing news network, it’s a centrist corporate “REPUBLICAN CLASSIC” news network (and I don’t mean centrist as unbiased).

Theres no reason Biden should have to definitively answer a question on court packing right now. He doesn’t know if the Democrats even win the senate and he doesn’t know how much SCOTUS is going to obstruct healthcare reform. Biden isn’t the problem - federalist Society zealots who rule in favor of bad faith legal arguments that are intended to fuck people with pre-existing conditions are.

It’s ridiculous that 10 years after Obamacare is passed, Republicans are incapable of offering any alternatives to it but they’re fighting tooth and nail to get rid of it even after they couldn’t even get their own senators on board with repealing it. Conservatives cry about how liberals allegedly improperly use the court system whenever they can’t get something done legislatively but that’s exactly what Republicans are doing with Obamacare.

fify

Spurminator
10-03-2020, 10:05 AM
:tu :tu

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 10:15 AM
Well, It's true MSDNC is not hard left,(poor Bernie) but they do at least stay left with the exception of backing the Iraq war and corporate welfare.

And we both know that the ACA is anything but affordable and needs to be taken out of it's misery. So not even sure why Dems are tripping over Reps/SCOTUS taking it behind the barn and putting a bullet in it's head. :lol All signs seem to point to them having total control of the federal government. They can pass whatever they want to pass to replace it w/o bipartisan support this Jan. Just own it now so the electorate knows your true intentions. Same for the Green Deal...does he back it or does he not back it? He's looking like John Kerry who was for things before he was against them.

:lol MSNBC did everything it could to tank Bernie’s campaign. It’s not a left wing news network, it’s a centrist corporate Democrat news network (and I don’t mean centrist as unbiased).

baseline bum
10-03-2020, 10:25 AM
Well, It's true MSDNC is not hard left,(poor Bernie) but they do at least stay left with the exception of backing the Iraq war and corporate welfare.

And we both know that the ACA is anything but affordable and needs to be taken out of it's misery. So not even sure why Dems are tripping over Reps/SCOTUS taking it behind the barn and putting a bullet in it's head. :lol All signs seem to point to them having total control of the federal government. They can pass whatever they want to pass to replace it w/o bipartisan support this Jan. Just own it now so the electorate knows your true intentions. Same for the Green Deal...does he back it or does he not back it? He's looking like John Kerry who was for things before he was against them.

LOL the network has Republicans hosting two of its main shows, eg Scarborough and Nicole Wallace, and constantly trots that fucking cow Claire McCaskill out to shit on anything progressive because she knows how to win red states (I guess by having your opponent talk about legitimate rape?).

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 10:29 AM
I hope he does pack the court. Mitch and Trump would do the same.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 10:37 AM

Lol “we both know” so much gaslighting.

Whether the ACA is affordable is something for congress and POTUS to decide (and for voters who elect said politicians). SCOTUS isn’t supposed to be in the business of throwing legislation out just because it doesn’t accomplish something it’s supposed to accomplish. The Republicans had two years to put the ACA out of its misery and tripped over its own dick trying to.

:lmao true intentions. As if Trump has revealed his true intentions on healthcare by constantly promising a healthcare plan offering the same pre-existing condition protections as Obamacare that’s been 2 weeks away for the last 4 years. Biden’s campaign website has plenty of detail regarding his healthcare plan and climate change plan. The Republican Party doesn’t even have a 2020 platform :lol

Spurminator
10-03-2020, 10:40 AM

In hindsight I'm honestly surprised they didn't.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 10:43 AM
LOL the network has Republicans hosting two of its main shows, eg Scarborough and Nicole Wallace, and constantly trots that fucking cow Claire McCaskill out to shit on anything progressive because she knows how to win red states (I guess by having your opponent talk about legitimate rape?).

Scarborough a Republican :lol

He likely has voted straight ticket Democrat for the last 15 years.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 10:45 AM
Mitch already did pack the court. He reduced the size of the lower courts by over 120 judges in Obama’s 2nd term and he reduced the size of SCOTUS from 9 to 8 for an entire year. Before saying Democrats would do the same, that’s not true. In 2007 and 2008 the Dems had a senate majority but they didn’t block all of GWB’s court appointments during that time, they compromised with him so some of his judges and some of their judges got confirmed.

The rules allowed for Mitch to do all of that just like the rules allow for Biden to pack the court. One isn’t any more egregious than the other since no senate majority leader before McConnell engaged in the same level of partisan judiciary pissing matches. If McConnell is allowed to ignore past norms that might have existed and do whatever the rules allow him to do then so is Biden.

The real media bias is that it views court packing as this delicate issue but there’s no reporting on how McConnell keeping over 100 seats empty when Obama was President is just as much of a slap in the face to historical norms.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 10:45 AM

He likely has voted straight ticket Democrat for the last 15 years.Republicans have been irredeemable since 2003, so that makes sense.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 10:49 AM
In hindsight I'm honestly surprised they didn't.
They didn’t need to and they know that if they pack the courts then the Democrats won’t be pussies about it anymore. Same reason they didn’t nuke the filibuster in order to accomplish their retarded agenda. They’re careful about only doing things that won’t encourage Democrats to radically shift the status quo.

pgardn
10-03-2020, 10:50 AM
Wallace has been auditioning for a job with CNN for years. I'm sure he will be signing a Megyn Kelly type contract any day now after that hit job.

Dana Perino would have been a fair and balanced voice.

Why would he do that? So he has approached CNN and asked for a job?

His Sunday morning News show is probably the best.
Are you saying FOX is willing to pay him more?
So FOX is fair and balanced when a judge rules that viewers SHOULD KNOW they do not aim to be honest? Are you joking here?

The real problem is the guy is not fit for the type of entertainment visual news you want.
He is too good for tabloid visual news like FOX and CNN or MSNBC.
He just does not fit because he is way too honest and can think on his feet, no setups needed.

I cant believe they have not let him go like Shepherd whatever his name, he got tired of the lying. He has nowhere near the talent of Wallace.
He got run over as a debate moderator this time. If I would have moderated that debate I would have told them to shut up immediately when they interrupted.
So Trump would have had about 50 stfups and Biden about 10 based on some accounts of interruptions. Others, 76 to 15, to Trump.
But people want to have a good ole sissy middle school slap fight so FOX gave it to them.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 10:55 AM
So thousand dollar premiums per month are affordable to the average Joe?

Yes or no?

Whether the ACA is affordable is something for congress and POTUS to decide (and for voters who elect said politicians). SCOTUS isn’t supposed to be in the business of throwing legislation out just because it doesn’t accomplish something it’s supposed to accomplish. The Republicans had two years to put the ACA out of its misery and tripped over its own dick trying to.

:lmao true intentions. As if Trump has revealed his true intentions on healthcare by constantly promising a healthcare plan offering the same pre-existing condition protections as Obamacare that’s been 2 weeks away for the last 4 years. Biden’s campaign website has plenty of detail regarding his healthcare plan and climate change plan. The Republican Party doesn’t even have a 2020 platform :lol

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 10:57 AM

Yes or no?
No, but those existed before Obamacare. How is repealing Obamacare and replacing it with nothing going to change that?

pgardn
10-03-2020, 10:59 AM

Yes or no?

Oh look, thats the only alternative.
Tell me who you think profits most off of Health Care in order.
Then start there with the huge amount of money made off of most of us.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 11:04 AM

Yes or no?We will consider your alternative health care plan just as soon as you tell us what it is.

rmt
10-03-2020, 11:34 AM

Did you notice that (iirc) the only question that was WRITTEN across the screen during the debate was the one about white supremacists (and it flashed more than once)? Like of all the problems the US has - it's white supremacy that got top billing (written as well as oral) - mighty suspicious of Fox.

Chris Wallace - terrible job but I expected it - he is similar to Megan Kelly (who was visibly CRUSHED) when FOX called the election for Trump.

Bogie
10-03-2020, 12:34 PM
Did you notice that (iirc) the only question that was WRITTEN across the screen during the debate was the one about white supremacists (and it flashed more than once)? Like of all the problems the US has - it's white supremacy that got top billing (written as well as oral) - mighty suspicious of Fox.

Chris Wallace - terrible job but I expected it - he is similar to Megan Kelly (who was visibly CRUSHED) when FOX called the election for Trump.

imagine how dumb you are

I’m sure dirks getting abused for lying here appreciates you running on here to show he’s not the dumbest entity on this site. So at least you did that

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 12:38 PM
No, but those existed before Obamacare. How is repealing Obamacare and replacing it with nothing going to change that?

We will consider your alternative health care plan just as soon as you tell us what it is.
:lmao Republicans disappear when they're asked about their healthcare plan

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 02:15 PM
I did not notice it but it does not surprise me. Fox has been sh1t w/o Ailes. Wouldn't shock me if they hire Anderson Cooper and Rachel Maddow in the future.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 02:23 PM
:lmao Republicans disappear when they're asked about their healthcare plan

Our health care plan is just fine. It's called get a better job with better benefits if you don't like what you have. :lol

And yes ((((shudders))) that might actually require hard work and more education.

I know, those terrible, pick yourself up by your bootstraps conservatives are at it again.

I'll agree with you that we need a better safety net for those in transition. Government has failed us there.

Bogie
10-03-2020, 02:27 PM
Our health care plan is just fine. It's called get a better job with better benefits if you don't like what you have. :lol

And yes ((((shudders))) that might actually require hard work and more education.

I know, those terrible, pick yourself up by your bootstraps conservatives are at it again.

I'll agree with you that we need a better safety net for those in transition. Government has failed us there.

i got $10 saying this idiot lives at home

Monostradamus
10-03-2020, 02:30 PM
I did not notice it but it does not surprise me. Fox has been sh1t w/o Ailes. Wouldn't shock me if they hire Anderson Cooper and Rachel Maddow in the future.
Keep crying about it, you whiny ass cunt.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 02:31 PM

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

If that's the plan, Republicans are hiding it. They're saying they want to replace Obamacare with a bill that protects people the same way. Why is Biden not allowed to hide his court packing plan but you're OK with Republicans hiding their healthcare plan?

Monostradamus
10-03-2020, 02:32 PM

If that's the plan, Republicans are hiding it. They're saying they want to replace Obamacare with a bill that protects people the same way. Why is Biden not allowed to hide his court packing plan but you're OK with Republicans hiding their healthcare plan?
Because when Red Team is dishonest and shifty, it’s for the benefit of the country. But when Blue Team does it, clearly they’re looking to install a Marxist regime.

Spurminator
10-03-2020, 02:37 PM

Yes or no?

:lmao :lmao

Goes from :cry We can't afford premiums under Obamacare :cry to "If you can't afford premiums, get a better job" in 3 hours' time.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 02:40 PM
Our health care plan is just fine. It's called get a better job with better benefits if you don't like what you have. :lolHow is that different from the current plan?

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 02:41 PM
I'm not ok with the (R) not unveiling something. They neglected it and it bit them in the azz this election cycle.

We have a friend of the family who contracted Covid in May. Was on a vent for a while and passed. The family is now burdened with 150k in medical bills. All the BBQ plate fundraisers in the world wont cover that debt. It's tragic and we most definitely need a better safety net, Will. If a miracle happens and Trump wins and let's say he has lost the Senate, it would be the perfect storm....like Clinton and (R) in the 90's working together to balance the budget. They should work together on a bipartisan agreement on HC.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 02:43 PM
I'm not ok with the (R) not unveiling something. They neglected it and it bit them in the azz this election cycle.

We have a friend of the family who contracted Covid in May. Was on a vent for a while and passed. The family is now burdened with 150k in medical bills. All the BBQ plate fundraisers in the world wont cover that debt. It's tragic and we most definitely need a better safety net, Will. If a miracle happens and Trump wins and let's say he has lost the Senate, it would be the perfect storm....like Clinton and (R) in the 90's working together to balance the budget. They should work together on a bipartisan agreement on HC.
I actually think a Trump Whitehouse + Dem senate could find some common ground on healthcare, but any scenario where Trump wins means the Republicans keep the senate, and ultimately Cocaine Mitch is the bigger impetus to healthcare reform than Trump is.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 02:43 PM

We have a friend of the family who contracted Covid in May. Was on a vent for a while and passed. The family is now burdened with 150k in medical bills. All the BBQ plate fundraisers in the world wont cover that debt. It's tragic and we most definitely need a better safety net, Will. If a miracle happens and Trump wins and let's say he has lost the Senate, it would be the perfect storm....like Clinton and (R) in the 90's working together to balance the budget. They should work together on a bipartisan agreement on HC.Friend should've had a better job with better bootstraps according to you.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 02:44 PM
HC typically became more affordable than the ACA if you just find a better job. I know people who's premiums went from $350 per month to $1000 per month buying from that Obamacare site. Pretty much forced them to...GET A BETTER JOB :lol

:lmao :lmao

Goes from :cry We can't afford premiums under Obamacare :cry to "If you can't afford premiums, get a better job" in 3 hours' time.

ElNono
10-03-2020, 02:44 PM
The party of Mitch McConnell demanding ethics? :lmao:lmao:lmao

You reap what you sown.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 02:46 PM
The party of Mitch McConnell demanding ethics? :lmao:lmao:lmao

You reap what you sown.
Seriously.

The Democrats are getting closer to the point where they're no longer willing to be the adults in the room while McConnell is creating complete gridlock in order to make a power grab, and conservatives are angry about it.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 02:56 PM
Friend should've had a better job with better bootstraps according to you.

He had a decent paying job, plus a side gig, actually. Hard working guy.

Personal choice/gamble. I'm not that old yet, I'll just ride it out until medicare kicks in. Sometimes, that's not very wise.

I don't claim to have all the answers on it, but would like to see a better safety net in place. Preferably one that does not involve D.C. taking over the system completely as government can't seem to do much of anything very efficiently.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 02:59 PM
I actually think a Trump Whitehouse + Dem senate could find some common ground on healthcare, but any scenario where Trump wins means the Republicans keep the senate, and ultimately Cocaine Mitch is the bigger impetus to healthcare reform than Trump is.

Yeah, I think Trump is much more pragmatic then both Mitch or GWB. Something could have gotten passed with divided Gov the past few years.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 03:04 PM
He had a decent paying job, plus a side gig, actually. Hard working guy.

Personal choice/gamble. I'm not that old yet, I'll just ride it out until medicare kicks in. Sometimes, that's not very wise.

I don't claim to have all the answers on it, but would like to see a better safety net in place. Preferably one that does not involve D.C. taking over the system completely as government can't seem to do much of anything very efficiently.You think private companies are going to gift you a safety net?

Good to hear you're going to ride it out until you fall into the D.C. government safety net of Medicare.:tu

boutons_deux
10-03-2020, 03:18 PM

they have ALREADY done it

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 03:55 PM

Well, I'd say it's not the moderator's job to pile on. But you're right that it's a double standard. Wallace had no problem pressing Trump.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 03:56 PM
They could just reduce the court to 7 and remove the last two who joined most recently.

:lol That's not happening, snowflake.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 03:59 PM
Theres no reason Biden should have to definitively answer a question on court packing right now. He doesn’t know if the Democrats even win the senate

Sure, don't answer. Give Repubs red meat in their Senate races. Solid strategy :tu

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:01 PM

Yea, libertarian blakeline bum tells you that with a straight face too. :lol

DMX7
10-03-2020, 04:03 PM
:lol That's not happening, snowflake.

It used be 7 judges.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:05 PM
It used be 7 judges.

They're not going under 9. Dems want to add, not subtract.

They want to do what FDR couldn't do.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/roosevelt-announces-court-packing-plan

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 04:05 PM
Sure, don't answer. Give Repubs red meat in their Senate races. Solid strategy :tu
The only ones bitching about court packing are conservatives. They were votes he's never gong to get.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:09 PM
The only ones bitching about court packing are conservatives. They were votes he's never gong to get.

Disagree. I think there are anti-abortion Democrats that don't want the court packed. They're not talked about, but there are Dems who don't give a sh** about Obamacare. They had their costs go up / lose their plan just like anyone else.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:11 PM

Organically, not legislatively. Glad Miss Ginsburg decided to get out of the way for America.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:12 PM
Republicans have been irredeemable since 2003, so that makes sense.

#AlwaysWithHer

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 04:13 PM
Organically, not legislatively. Glad Miss Ginsburg decided to get out of the way for America.Whatever works.

It's only about power now.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 04:13 PM
#AlwaysWithHerWho are you talking about in 2003, derp?

Monostradamus
10-03-2020, 04:18 PM
HC typically became more affordable than the ACA if you just find a better job. I know people who's premiums went from $350 per month to $1000 per month buying from that Obamacare site. Pretty much forced them to...GET A BETTER JOB :lol
And why should healthcare be tied to employment?

I get why affording a car payment, or a house payment, or a better cell phone, or a new Luka Dončić jersey should be tied to affording it with a good job. But why health care?

Why should a guy with asthma have to throw himself into the corporate rat race to quite literally just survive? Not “afford new clothes” or “buy dijon mustard” or “buy hair gel”. Just be able to exist on this planet. Why? Explain that.

Monostradamus
10-03-2020, 04:25 PM

I get why affording a car payment, or a house payment, or a better cell phone, or a new Luka Dončić jersey should be tied to affording it with a good job. But why health care?

Why should a guy with asthma have to throw himself into the corporate rat race to quite literally just survive? Not “afford new clothes” or “buy dijon mustard” or “buy hair gel”. Just be able to exist on this planet. Why? Explain that.
NARRATOR: Dirks_Finale would not explain that.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:29 PM
Who are you talking about in 2003, derp?

Looking forward to your answer, derp.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 04:30 PM

I get why affording a car payment, or a house payment, or a better cell phone, or a new Luka Dončić jersey should be tied to affording it with a good job. But why health care? Why should a guy with asthma have to throw himself into the corporate rat race to quite literally just survive?
And the thing is, none of those are really tied to having a job. You don't need to go through your employer to get a car loan, but with our retarded healthcare system the only way you can get quality and affordable healthcare is through your employer. People shouldn't need to weigh healthcare when deciding a career path/employer. Because of our system people turn down opportunities to work for start-up businesses and help them grow because said businesses can't offer the same healthcare they get as a cog in the wheel at Fortune 500 company.

This is why Republicans claiming to be for small business is bullshit. One of the biggest things that hampers small businesses in America is the fact that they need to provide health insurance to their employees in order to attract talent, and it's a lot more expensive for a company with 100 employees to provide healthcare than it is a company with 100k employees. Employer-based healthcare makes it a lot harder for small businesses to exist (and that was the case before Obamacare).

We also have a lot of people who only work because they're waiting until they're eligible for Medicare. If people in their late 50s and early 60s who were ready to retire but just need medicare could retire right now, it would open up a lot of jobs for people in their 20s and 30s.

There's a reason Republicans are fighting so ridiculously hard to keep Murica away from single payer. If it ever came to be everyone would realize how much they were getting fucked by private healthcare.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:32 PM
NARRATOR: Dirks_Finale (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=52804) would not explain that.

If it makes you feel better, I agree that the employment tie is the pivotal part of the scam.
Careful though, you're breaking with your fellow chumpettes on this.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 04:33 PM
Disagree. I think there are anti-abortion Democrats that don't want the court packed. They're not talked about, but there are Dems who don't give a sh** about Obamacare. They had their costs go up / lose their plan just like anyone else.
:lmao "anti-abortion Democrats"

I guess Joe Biden might lose some votes in Mississippi and Alabama

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:35 PM
:lmao "anti-abortion Democrats"

I guess Joe Biden might lose some votes in Mississippi and Alabama

You really think that issue breaks down that strongly along state lines? :lol

ChumpDumper
Looking forward to your answer, derp.It was your hashtag and your nickname, derp.:lol

Monostradamus
This message is hidden because Spurtacular is on your ignore list (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
:lmao still tries to reply

Winehole23
10-03-2020, 04:37 PM
They're not going under 9. Dems want to add, not subtract.

They want to do what FDR couldn't do.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/roosevelt-announces-court-packing-plan(FDR's court packing scheme failed, but his programs had better luck in the Supreme Court after that,.)

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:39 PM
It was your hashtag and your nickname, derp.:lol

Oh, I didn't realize you were begging for a spoon feeding.

You sound like Hillary. It's what you do.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 04:40 PM
You really think that issue breaks down that strongly along state lines? :lol
Show me data that evidences all of these anti-choice Democrats.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:41 PM
(FDR's court packing scheme failed, but his programs had better luck in the Supreme Court after that,.)

Surely, after the threats to their person(s).

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:41 PM
Show me data that evidences all of these anti-choice Democrats.

Lame.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 04:44 PM
Oh, I didn't realize you were begging for a spoon feeding.

You sound like Hillary. It's what you do.:lmao you were begging me, derp.

I am posting sentences, not questions.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:44 PM
Whatever works.

It's only about power now.

Indeed for your side. Democrats are pathological twats. I can see how they attracted someone like you.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 04:46 PM
Indeed for your side. Democrats are pathological twats. I can see how they attracted someone like you.:lol you're a Trump and Republican supporter

ChumpDumper
Surely, after the threats to their person(s).:rollin moar conspiracies

Spurtacular
I am posting sentences, not questions.

Who are you talking about in 2003, derp?

:lolK

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:47 PM
:rollin moar conspiracies

Pathological Chump clutching his pearls.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 04:47 PM
:lolKRight, you folded.

lol derp

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Pathological Chump clutching his pearls.OK, derp. What were the threats?

Give your proof or fold forever.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Whatever, narc.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Whatever, narc.derp folds forever.

Reck
10-03-2020, 04:49 PM
derp folds forever.

Why is he calling you a narc?

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 04:50 PM
Why is he calling you a narc?I got one of derp's obsession threads deleted.

He's still melting down about it.:lol

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 04:52 PM
I got one of derp's obsession threads deleted.

:lol Trying to play down that you're a narc. :lmao

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 04:53 PM
:lol Trying to play down that you're a narc. :lmaoPlay down?

I'm proud of it, derp.

Are you proud of bering derp, derp?

Reck
10-03-2020, 04:54 PM
I got one of derp's obsession threads deleted.

Well at least whatever of the moderation that remains on this shithole of a place listened to you. I’ve been asking for him to get pinked for a good year now.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 05:06 PM
I'm proud of it [being a narc].

:lmao

ChumpDumper
10-03-2020, 05:07 PM
:lmaoNarcing on you? Of course.

Why wouldn't I?

You're a terrible poster.

ChumpHumper
10-03-2020, 05:10 PM
Snitches get rewards.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Narcing on you? Of course.

Why wouldn't I?

You're a terrible poster.

That's bitch shit.

You need to re-examine your life.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Well at least whatever of the moderation that remains on this shithole of a place listened to you. I’ve been asking for him to get pinked for a good year now.

Yea, you're a narc too. Chumpettes are such weak men.

Reck
10-03-2020, 05:17 PM
Yea, you're a narc too. Chumpettes are such weak men.

No, you're just an overall shitty poster that makes even shittier threads.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 05:18 PM
No, you're just an overall shitty poster that makes even shittier threads.

You're a narc. Come to terms.

You literally just admitted it.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 05:34 PM

How is it gaslighting?

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 05:36 PM

Yes or no?

So Obamacare carried on the failure while hiding behind pre-existing conditions. That's cowardly.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 06:00 PM
So Obamacare carried on the failure while hiding behind pre-existing conditions. That's cowardly.
Obamacare addressed 1 problem but not the other. Republicans want to repeal it and address neither problem.

Monostradamus
10-03-2020, 06:21 PM
Why do Trumptards keep pretending like anybody wants Obamacare and will defend it at all cost?

Everyone is on record that ObamaCare is FUCKING TERRIBLE. It’s a godawful plan that needs to be replaced ASAP.

The fact that every Trumptard plan is so bad that everyone still prefers ObamaCare shows how inept and stupid Trump’s people are. It’s like replacing a plan where everyone gets repeatedly kicked in the balls by suggesting having a Rottweiler rip your balls off completely, then acting shocked when nobody goes for that plan.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 06:27 PM
Why do Trumptards keep pretending like anybody wants Obamacare?

Everyone is on record that ObamaCare is FUCKING TERRIBLE. It’s a godawful plan that needs to be replaced ASAP.

The fact that every Trumptard plan is so bad that everyone still prefers ObamaCare shows how inept and stupid Trump’s people are. It’s like replacing a plan where everyone gets repeatedly kicked in the balls by suggesting having a Rottweiler rip your balls off completely, then acting shocked when nobody goes for that plan.
Obama himself literally admitted in the last week that the ACA was only the first step on the path to universal healthcare. When the ACA was first passed in the House it included a public option that would have controlled costs to some extent but they had to take that out because the Republican senators and all the red state DINOs in the senate were freaked out by the tea party nutcases in their state.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 07:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGsDr_YhLe0

ElNono
10-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Why do Trumptards keep pretending like anybody wants Obamacare and will defend it at all cost?

How long it's been since Obamacare was passed? We still have zero realistic GOP plans... what's it been? 10+ years now?

ElNono
10-03-2020, 08:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGsDr_YhLe0

Should be, but between Biden being a milquetoast and Schumer being Mitch's bitch, it's very doubtful.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 08:16 PM
How long it's been since Obamacare was passed? We still have zero realistic GOP plans... what's it been? 10+ years now?

Got rid of the mandate. Cleaned up a big part of that shit.

Obstructors like Sydney MacCain and Miss Ginsburg are no longer in the way.

It's morning in America.

ElNono
10-03-2020, 08:19 PM

It's morning in America.

So, where's the plan?

pgardn
10-03-2020, 08:32 PM

It's morning in America.

NOpe
YOur god said he had the biggest, bestest plan,
He had NOTHING.

At least he had a plan with Trump Steaks and Trump U.
They were horribly bad plans, but they were plans.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 11:17 PM
This is why Republicans claiming to be for small business is bullshit. One of the biggest things that hampers small businesses in America is the fact that they need to provide health insurance to their employees in order to attract talent, and it's a lot more expensive for a company with 100 employees to provide healthcare than it is a company with 100k employees. Employer-based healthcare makes it a lot harder for small businesses to exist (and that was the case before Obamacare).

That was one of Rand Paul's ideas. To have these smaller companies pool together to get the same rates as the larger companies.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 11:23 PM
The founders did not envision a nanny state. The idea was for government to get out of your way. They don't run anything efficiently.

And your employers provide your livelihood so it makes sense that they would provide your health care.

Don't worry, it's headed in that UHC direction. You'll get it and I think you will be disappointed.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 11:27 PM
Well, I'd say it's not the moderator's job to pile on. But you're right that it's a double standard. Wallace had no problem pressing Trump.

Agree - if they want to dodge then let them dodge. Frame it in a way that is holding them accountable, if they still don't answer, then it is what it is.

Wallace looked like a male Megyn Kelly up there, though. Let's his obvious butthurt over Trump's comments about his journalistic skills get the best of him.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 11:31 PM
Agree - if they want to dodge then let them dodge. Frame it in a way that is holding them accountable, if they still don't answer, then it is what it is.

Wallace looked like a male Megyn Kelly up there, though. Let's his obvious butthurt over Trump's comments about his journalistic skills get the best of him.

I called out Baier, Kelly, Wallace all before 2016. They're total bitches. And FNC has some up and comer bitches in the wings too.

Monostradamus
10-03-2020, 11:38 PM
The founders did not envision a nanny state.
The founders also never bothered to set term limits and thought that black people were 3/5 of a person, so let’s not worry about what a bunch of 18th century white guys envisioned for 2020.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 11:42 PM
The founders also never bothered to set term limits and thought that black people were 3/5 of a person, so let’s not worry about what a bunch of 18th century white guys envisioned for 2020.

Was George Washington an awful person, slob?

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 11:44 PM
:lol the founders set up a loosely affiliated republic of states that each set their own income taxes and ran almost as their own nation. Comparisons to the country the founders set up are retarded, the country (and the world) has fundamentally changed several times over in the last 200+ years.

Monostradamus
10-03-2020, 11:45 PM
This message is hidden because Spurtacular is on your ignore list (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
:lmao

https://media.tenor.com/images/66adb7732f8296899e00d4b2621e2310/tenor.gif

Monostradamus
10-03-2020, 11:46 PM
:lol the founders set up a loosely affiliated republic of states that each set their own income taxes and ran almost as their own nation. Comparisons to the country the founders set up are retarded, the country (and the world) has fundamentally changed several times over in the last 200+ years.
In what circumstance would the logic of “people who lived 250 years ago wanted us to do things this way” ever be considered anything but completely retarded :lol

The founding fathers got through surgery with a bottle of whiskey, better just abandon centuries of medical advancements because Ben Franklin is smarter than anybody who ever lived!

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 11:54 PM
In what circumstance would the logic of “people who lived 250 years ago wanted us to do things this way” ever be considered anything but completely retarded :lol

The founding fathers got through surgery with a bottle of whiskey, better just abandon centuries of medical advancements because Ben Franklin is smarter than anybody who ever lived!

Ben Franklin bad now.

:lolK

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 11:54 PM

We know, you guys hate the constitution and everything it stood for. Property rights, bad, Bernie and his ideas good.

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 11:57 PM
We know, you guys hate the constitution and everything it stood for. Property rights, bad, Bernie and his ideas good.

Chumpettes actually hate Bernie like their overlords do. They were in crisis mode when it looked like Bernie was going to win.

Will Hunting
10-03-2020, 11:58 PM
:lol that doesn’t address anything I said

Dirks_Finale
10-04-2020, 12:00 AM
Will seems to be pretty progressive.

Chumpettes actually hate Bernie like their overlords do. They were in crisis mode when it looked like Bernie was going to win.

Will Hunting
10-04-2020, 12:03 AM
You’re correct. He knows I was a Bernie supporter so not sure why he implied otherwise.

Spurtacular
10-04-2020, 12:05 AM

He was willing to settle for the Hillary Lite masquerading as Bernie Lite (Pocohontas).
Spurraider 21 (Chump Lite) in that boat too.

But I don't think for either it was much about being progressive.
It was a matter of thinking she had the better chance to win than Biden.

Monostradamus
10-04-2020, 12:31 AM
:lmao another one!

Monostradamus
10-04-2020, 12:32 AM
Apparently the founding fathers hated the constitution too, considering how quickly they amended it.

Spurtacular
10-04-2020, 01:15 AM

:lmao another one!

Say another one if you're an idiot. Don't say it another one if you're reading my responses.

ElNono
10-04-2020, 01:25 AM

:cry things were so much better 250 years ago :cry

:cry you could open-carry your musket :cry

:cry you could die from the sniffles without a mask to trigger dem libs :cry

:cry there was a tea party in boston too and shit :cry

Spurtacular
10-04-2020, 01:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI8UIslnivk

Monostradamus
10-04-2020, 08:48 AM
:lmao and he keeps on replying

https://media.tenor.com/images/67e3e0a0231edc4d5084d782d4dd227a/tenor.gif

ChumpDumper
10-04-2020, 09:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI8UIslnivkYou said he lost the far left.

Pick a lane, derp.

boutons_deux
10-04-2020, 09:41 AM
ByeDon has NEVER been, is not now left or progressive,

is why the center-right Dem BigDonor corporatist establishment nominated him.

he's safe, will not rock the boat, propose any serious changes, or even make a serious effort to repair the destroyed Exec branches.

in any case, a Dem Congress will not do shit, will warm seats, be place holders,

until the Repugs get back in and drive govt and the country further into unfuckability.

ducks
10-04-2020, 10:55 AM
Prior to 1983 social security benefits were not taxed. In 1983, Joe Biden voted for a bill that taxed 50% of social security and it passed. In 1993, Biden doubled down and voted for another bill to raise the percentage taxable to 85%. His vote was the deciding vote. Single-handedly Joe Biden has lowered the standard of living significantly for seniors on social security. Now, in his and the Dems governance manifesto, Biden and his handlers advocate for raising the age to receive social security to 72 - and to deeply cut the benefits of those who have a pension or IRA or 401k. Over his 47 year career as a bureaucrat, Biden voted on 31 bills that included tax increases for the citizenry. He voted "yes" on all 31 bills. Time after time, Joe Biden has turned his back on seniors and the middle class in this country. Now he wants us to believe he is only going to tax "the rich." Joe Biden's answer to everything is a new or raised tax. He is trouble. The Marxists around him are bigger trouble.

clambake
10-04-2020, 10:58 AM
Prior to 1983 social security benefits were not taxed. In 1983, Joe Biden voted for a bill that taxed 50% of social security and it passed. In 1993, Biden doubled down and voted for another bill to raise the percentage taxable to 85%. His vote was the deciding vote. Single-handedly Joe Biden has lowered the standard of living significantly for seniors on social security. Now, in his and the Dems governance manifesto, Biden and his handlers advocate for raising the age to receive social security to 72 - and to deeply cut the benefits of those who have a pension or IRA or 401k. Over his 47 year career as a bureaucrat, Biden voted on 31 bills that included tax increases for the citizenry. He voted "yes" on all 31 bills. Time after time, Joe Biden has turned his back on seniors and the middle class in this country. Now he wants us to believe he is only going to tax "the rich." Joe Biden's answer to everything is a new or raised tax. He is trouble. The Marxists around him are bigger trouble.
What’s the plan to repair trumps disaster of an economy?

Spurtacular
10-04-2020, 04:49 PM
You said he lost the far left.

Pick a lane, derp.

:lol Thinking every video title fits my views to a tee. (Wreck was doing that too)

He lost the genuine far left. The c*nt left is pulling Zombie Rapist's strings.

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 02:01 AM

Winehole23
10-07-2020, 02:07 AM
I hope they do pack the court if they win.

It wouldn't be illegal, right?

Just constitutional hardball like the GOP. Congress can regulate the structure of the courts, it always has.

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 04:12 AM
I hope they do pack the court if they win.

Another far left outlook from the self-described conservative.

Truth is this is a big part of why Repubs are getting people to the ballot box.

People got tired of all the legislating from the bench

ElNono
10-07-2020, 04:26 AM
Another far left outlook from the self-described conservative.

Truth is this is a big part of why Repubs are getting people to the ballot box.

People got tired of all the legislating from the bench

Apparently not Dear Leader... he was touting court packing in the last debate as one of his accomplishments.

I'm on the record there's nothing illegal or undemocratic to what Mitch pulled off with the SCOTUS nominations, even if ethically dubious.

But if elections do have consequences in that case, then elections should have consequences all the time.

There's nothing illegal or undemocratic to expanding the court. Can certainly be argued it's ethically dubious.

I prefer it doesn't happen, but I also prefer we hold a ethical line all the time.

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 07:24 PM
Apparently not Dear Leader... he was touting court packing in the last debate as one of his accomplishments.

I'm on the record there's nothing illegal or undemocratic to what Mitch pulled off with the SCOTUS nominations, even if ethically dubious.

But if elections do have consequences in that case, then elections should have consequences all the time.

There's nothing illegal or undemocratic to expanding the court. Can certainly be argued it's ethically dubious.

I prefer it doesn't happen, but I also prefer we hold a ethical line all the time.

You'd have to quote it for me to know what context you're using "court packing" as.

I think the more radical court packing definition is upping the justice count and drastically packing it. That kind of court packing, Schumer has said is on the table if Democrats win the White House and control Congress. And Biden refused to even discuss whether he would do that in the debate.

I would like to see a term limit of twenty-five years on justices. And I would like it to be limited to one term. No giving a second term to effectively create a lifetime appointment.

Additionally, if there is an expansion of the court, I'd prefer it be gradual.

ElNono
10-07-2020, 09:03 PM
You'd have to quote it for me to know what context you're using "court packing" as.

I think the more radical court packing definition is upping the justice count and drastically packing it. That kind of court packing, Schumer has said is on the table if Democrats win the White House and control Congress. And Biden refused to even discuss whether he would do that in the debate.

I would like to see a term limit of twenty-five years on justices. And I would like it to be limited to one term. No giving a second term to effectively create a lifetime appointment.

Additionally, if there is an expansion of the court, I'd prefer it be gradual.

He literally was touting as an accomplishment that he filled up the courts with conservative judges, including the SCOTUS and the 3 picks.

I guess that his base is probably really happy about that, but his base is going to vote for him no matter what. It doesn't actually sound very healthy to independents.

Agree with the rest. I don't know about term limits for SCOTUS specifically, but you could talk me into it.

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 09:20 PM
He literally was touting as an accomplishment that he filled up the courts with conservative judges, including the SCOTUS and the 3 picks.

Yea, that's not what's being referred to when talking about court packing. It's onus is on expanding the justices to water down what's already there.

But good on Trump getting three qualified judges to help overcome the incompetents that Bush and Obama put in there.

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 09:22 PM
Agree with the rest. I don't know about term limits for SCOTUS specifically, but you could talk me into it.

Too much power for one person to be wielding for life.
Same principle that goes for term limits checking the lawmakers and executives should go for these judges who wield great power in their own right.

phxspurfan
10-07-2020, 09:27 PM
Same principle that goes for term limits checking the lawmakers and executives should go for these judges who wield great power in their own right.

Agree with this, if a justice is too old they should be retired. The determination of when they are too old is up for debate, obviously, and would be a careful topic to address, given age is protected by anti discrimination law.

phxspurfan
10-07-2020, 09:30 PM

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 09:36 PM
Agree with this, if a justice is too old they should be retired. The determination of when they are too old is up for debate, obviously, and would be a careful topic to address, given age is protected by anti discrimination law.

Not making it about agism. I believe in going against that on a legal level. But I do think that it'll help to quell gold brickers like Miss Ginsburg who refuse to step down even though they can clearly no longer do the job.

ElNono
10-07-2020, 09:51 PM
Yea, that's not what's being referred to when talking about court packing. It's onus is on expanding the justices to water down what's already there.

But good on Trump getting three qualified judges to help overcome the incompetents that Bush and Obama put in there.

I have no beef with the qualification of the judges he submitted for the SCOTUS.

However, I can't say the same for the rest. If there's one thing that's been consistent with this administration is that it has placed unqualified, incompetent and extremely political people in almost every place.

It's exactly the opposite of what you want from an independent judicial system.

ElNono
10-07-2020, 09:52 PM

I'd like to see a cap on age. And more than just judges. I think candidates in general for any office should have a cap of 50-55 years old.

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 09:57 PM
I'd like to see a cap on age. And more than just judges. I think candidates in general for any office should have a cap of 50-55 years old.

Don't agree with that. FDR tried to pull that sh**. Un-American.

ElNono
10-07-2020, 10:09 PM
Don't agree with that. FDR tried to pull that sh**. Un-American.

What's unamerican about it? We have a floor for age too. None of these old dinosaurs understand shit the need to legislate on.

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 10:12 PM
What's unamerican about it? We have a floor for age too. None of these old dinosaurs understand shit the need to legislate on.

There's no age ceiling anywhere in government.

People who are too old to perform should have some dignity and step down.

And if they don't, then the party who nominated them should pay a price for their sh** judgment.

People may take note that Miss Ginsburg was a Democrat goldbrick.

Furthermore, FDR was trying to put the age limit to create quick turnover to get his judges in quicker. Devious sh**.

Millennial_Messiah
10-07-2020, 10:16 PM

And if they don't, then the party who nominated them should pay a price for their sh** judgment.

Furthermore, FDR was trying to put the age limit to create quick turnover to get his judges in quicker. Devious sh**.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, FDR was the worst president in US history and as close as the US has had in its history to having full-on dictatorship from the executive branch.

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 10:19 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, FDR was the worst president in US history and as close as the US has had in its history to having full-on dictatorship from the executive branch.

Hundred percent agree. Dude was a full-on communist. I wish there were more good books on this.

Millennial_Messiah
10-07-2020, 10:26 PM
Hundred percent agree. Dude was a full-on communist. I wish there were more good books on this.

In spite of Watergate Nixon was a fantastic president. Kennedy was good in limited time because he made the proper decision to not nuke Cuba while his brother tried to get him to do it anyway. LBJ was also one of the worst. The Bushes and Obama were bad, as was Reagan. Slick Willy was more of a perv than a bad president. Ford and Carter were both weak and terrible on the economy. Eisenhower was solid, in the Mike Pence mold. Truman was perhaps the GOAT Democrat. Wilson was a mixed bag; OK because of his war policies, but terrible for establishing the IRS and the federal income tax.

Winehole23
10-07-2020, 10:26 PM
Hundred percent agree. Dude was a full-on communist. I wish there were more good books on this.For you I'd recommend John T. Flynn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_T._Flynn

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 10:40 PM
For you I'd recommend John T. Flynn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_T._Flynn

Truth bomb.

By 1936, Flynn had publicly broken with Roosevelt. He was already drawing comparisons between the centralist features of the New Deal on the one hand, and Benito Mussolini (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benito_Mussolini)'s policies on the other: "We seem [he wrote] to be not a long way off from the kind of Fascism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Fascism) which Mussolini preached in Italy before he assumed power; and we are steadily approaching the conditions which made Fascism possible."

ElNono
10-07-2020, 10:49 PM

The bolded is a ship that has salied long ago. We've had to put up with extremely old and incoherent people on both sides of the aisle for too long.

So mandate it, same rules for both parties.

Plus, you prefer term limits because you also want turnover... same shit.

Winehole23
10-07-2020, 10:55 PM
Truth bomb.I had a feeling you'd like him.

ducks
10-07-2020, 10:56 PM
Biden Lies to Pennsylvania About His Fracking Ban

Harris lied tonight
https://youtu.be/digRNl-tmKI

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 10:57 PM
The bolded is a ship that has salied long ago. We've had to put up with extremely old and incoherent people on both sides of the aisle for too long.

So mandate it, same rules for both parties.

Plus, you prefer term limits because you also want turnover... same shit.

Capping age on Supreme Court won't fix the real issues like getting lobbyists out of politics.
In fact, it could even push away older people with more years of insight.
You have a twenty-five year cap, then try to nominate people under 50. Simple.

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 10:58 PM
Biden Lies to Pennsylvania About His Fracking Ban

Harris lied tonight
https://youtu.be/digRNl-tmKI

This dude is John McCain II. He doesn't understand how new tech easily exposes him.

rmt
10-07-2020, 11:03 PM

Why would you cap at 50-55 years old - that's so young. Everyone is living longer now. Even the athletes are playing much longer - there used to be a time when male tennis players retired at 30 - Sampras, Becker, Courier, Edberg, Chang. Now Federer is playing at 39. Same with bball players - all playing longer. Vince even made it 43.

Spurtacular
10-07-2020, 11:13 PM
Why would you cap at 50-55 years old - that's so young. Everyone is living longer now. Even the athletes are playing much longer - there used to be a time when male tennis players retired at 30 - Sampras, Becker, Courier, Edberg, Chang. Now Federer is playing at 39. Same with bball players - all playing longer. Vince even made it 43.

He has a huge anti-boomer bias.

rmt
10-07-2020, 11:19 PM
Biden reaffirmed his commitment to broad student loan forgiveness at a town hall in Miami on Tuesday.

In response to a question from a young person concerned about student loan debt and a lack of economic opportunity, Biden responded, “You get all these degrees and you get all this debt, and you get in a position where you can’t get a job because no one is hiring, or they’re hiring at very low wages... I’m going to eliminate your student debt if you come from a family [making less] than $125,000 and went to a public university.” Biden also said, “I’m going to make sure everyone gets $10,000 knocked off of their student debt” in response to economic hardships caused by the pandemic.

Biden further proposed giving young people a $15,000 credit towards a downpayment on their first home. “This is how people accumulate wealth,” he said. “This is how people get started. We have to recognize you and advance you. You are the future.”

Biden, who had initially been hesitant to endorse broad cancellation of student loan debt, has embraced more dramatic steps to alleviate the burden of student loan debt in the wake of the pandemic and recent racial justice protests. The volume of student loan debt has grown enormously over the course of the past 10 years, from around $830 billion in 2010 to at least $1.6 trillion last year. Student loan debt is now the largest form of consumer debt carried by Americans, aside from mortgages. There is more outstanding student loan debt then there is credit card debt or auto loans. Over 40 millions Americans have student loans. At least 70% of college graduates leave school in debt. College students were graduating with an average of $30,000 in student loans in 2013, but only three years later, that figure had jumped to $37,000.

Meanwhile, the ability of student loan borrowers to repay their loans has flatlined. At least one in four student loan borrowers are delinquent, in default, or otherwise unable to pay their loans due to low income or economic hardship. Student loan borrowers continue to struggle financially while putting off savings, retirement, and major life decisions like buying a home. The coronavirus and associated recession have only magnified these financial difficulties for student loan borrowers.

Under his plan, Biden would forgive all undergraduate federal student loan debt for borrowers with annual incomes under $125,000 who attended public colleges and universities, as well as historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) and private minority-serving institutions (MSIs). Biden also supports $10,000 in across-the-board student loan forgiveness for all borrowers as an economic stimulus in response to the recession. He has also expressed support for Senator Warren’s proposal to amend the bankruptcy code to allow student loan debt to be more easily discharged in bankruptcy.

Biden also supports debt-free college initiatives for community colleges and public universities that are similar to plans previously offered by Senator Bernie Sanders (D-VT) and Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA). Biden has also supported cracking down on the for-profit college industry and strengthening the relief available to borrowers harmed by these schools. His running mate, Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA), has also been a critic of for-profit colleges, and she helped take down a predatory national for-profit college chain while she was Attorney General of California.

In September, Senator Warren and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) introduced a Senate resolution calling on the next President to exercise executive authority to bypass Congress and cancel $50,000 in student loan debt for all borrowers. The Biden campaign has not formally responded to the resolution, but he has reportedly indicated that, if elected, he could exercise his executive authority. He did not mention the Senate resolution during his comments at Tuesday’s town hall.

“There is only one candidate who will take the steps needed to eliminate tuition and student loan debt— Vice President Joe Biden,” said Max Lubin, Co-Founder and CEO of Rise and Natalia Abrams, Founder & Executive Director of Student Debt Crisis, two organizations advocating for broad student loan forgiveness. Both organizations have endorsed Biden.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamminsky/2020/10/07/biden-affirms-i-will-eliminate-your-student-debt/#20d60ea458a7

So if I went to University of Minnesota, he could be forgiving my $115k student debt? Crazy

ElNono
10-08-2020, 01:20 AM
Capping age on Supreme Court won't fix the real issues like getting lobbyists out of politics.
In fact, it could even push away older people with more years of insight.
You have a twenty-five year cap, then try to nominate people under 50. Simple.

You can't be for Citizen's United and getting lobbyists out of politics. Pick one. Lobbyists don't work for free, they get paid a good chunk. You don't want lobbyists, then get money out of politics.

But that's a completely different argument.

If you want turnover so people don't get enamored with their position of power, then you need term limits, or an age cap.

I'm not against term limits, but I do think while turnover should be fair game in Congress, for judges it's a little more complicated. It takes time to migrate into that position and learn the ins and outs.
IMO, experience counts there, and I rather see an age cap in that situation.

ElNono
10-08-2020, 01:21 AM
So if I went to University of Minnesota, he could be forgiving my $115k student debt? Crazy

What's crazy about it? It's not like the government isn't already backstopping that loan.

boutons_deux
10-08-2020, 09:18 AM
Repugs packed the Federal (200+ Trash judges, denied to Obama) and SCOTUS courts, rightwingnutjobs, right wing hate media silence.

A rumor that Dems MIGHT be open to "packing back", rightwingnutjobs, right wing hate media ENRAGED

Spurtacular
10-09-2020, 01:47 AM
They'll make up a fake poll for anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN6BJaUbjrg

clambake
10-09-2020, 01:51 AM
They'll make up a fake poll for anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN6BJaUbjrg

I didn’t watch. Can you explain this video?

Isitjustme?
10-09-2020, 05:28 AM
No offense, but what a dumb idea :lol The average voter is older than that almost :lol

ElNono
10-09-2020, 07:03 AM
No offense, but what a dumb idea :lol The average voter is older than that almost :lol

No offense taken, but why? We're retiring people at what, 65, 66?

This country became a services economy a long time ago. We thrive on technology, IP, advances in science. Even the military has way more tech now than perhaps ever before.

Do you really want these dinosaurs legislating on that? This is also why they get so easily conned by lobbyists all the time (besides campaign money), they have no idea what they're writing law about.

I doubt Biden knows anything about the internet beyond "its a series of interconnected tubes", and Trump does any better ("it's the thing on my phone that let's me tweet").

Pelosi is 80 years old. Mitch 78. All these people are way past their expiration time.

Will Hunting
10-09-2020, 07:13 AM
Idk about 50-55 years old but I agree with an age limit. This country is in the middle of a crisis where people can’t get enough to eat while 87 year old Chuck Grassley is tweeting about pigeons, dead deers and his farm growing corn.

Isitjustme?
10-09-2020, 09:09 AM
No offense taken, but why? We're retiring people at what, 65, 66?

This country became a services economy a long time ago. We thrive on technology, IP, advances in science. Even the military has way more tech now than perhaps ever before.

Do you really want these dinosaurs legislating on that? This is also why they get so easily conned by lobbyists all the time (besides campaign money), they have no idea what they're writing law about.

I doubt Biden knows anything about the internet beyond "its a series of interconnected tubes", and Trump does any better ("it's the thing on my phone that let's me tweet").

Pelosi is 80 years old. Mitch 78. All these people are way past their expiration time.

Theres no way voters would go for that and it would be career ending poison for whoever promoted it. Old people would be outraged. This is another thing like "youth turnout wins elections" that shows how out of touch some groups with who really makes up the voting pool

ElNono
10-09-2020, 12:53 PM
Theres no way voters would go for that and it would be career ending poison for whoever promoted it. Old people would be outraged. This is another thing like "youth turnout wins elections" that shows how out of touch some groups with who really makes up the voting pool

Oh I agree it would be difficult to pass something like that. I'm also aware that it would be extremely challenging to have something like universal healthcare, for example, or getting rid of money from politics.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't be the right thing to do.

ElNono
10-09-2020, 12:58 PM
Idk about 50-55 years old but I agree with an age limit. This country is in the middle of a crisis where people can’t get enough to eat while 87 year old Chuck Grassley is tweeting about pigeons, dead deers and his farm growing corn.

Just look at the finance industry these days. High speed trading, initial coin offerings, etc. Can you really ask any of these dinosaurs to explain to how the digital coin backing the ICO works?

They have no clue. They wait until the bubble inevitably pops then come up with some terrible legislation coz they have no idea what's going on.

Spurtacular
10-10-2020, 05:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPGk9y1DxrU

boutons_deux
10-10-2020, 07:08 AM
Just look at the finance industry these days. High speed trading, initial coin offerings, etc. Can you really ask any of these dinosaurs to explain to how the digital coin backing the ICO works?

They have no clue. They wait until the bubble inevitably pops then come up with some terrible legislation coz they have no idea what's going on.

They have plenty of "clue" that earns them $100Bs every year, and the political power they buy with their weath.

If cryptocurrency ever becomes more than round-off error, AND the crypto-coin thefts/losses of $100Ms stop, BigFinance will figure out a way (probably already knows exactly how) to make $100Bs from crypto-currency, because they hire and have "the best and brightest".

ElNono
10-10-2020, 01:01 PM
They have plenty of "clue" that earns them $100Bs every year, and the political power they buy with their weath.

If cryptocurrency ever becomes more than round-off error, AND the crypto-coin thefts/losses of $100Ms stop, BigFinance will figure out a way (probably already knows exactly how) to make $100Bs from crypto-currency, because they hire and have "the best and brightest".

Which congresscritter makes $100B a year?

boutons_deux
10-10-2020, 01:27 PM
Which congresscritter makes $100B a year?

I was referring to your "the finance industry these days", not Congressional whores.

ElNono
10-10-2020, 01:52 PM
I was referring to your "the finance industry these days", not Congressional whores.

Oh it was another one of your rants... ok, carry on

Spurtacular
10-10-2020, 06:10 PM
The voter doesn't deserve to know if Biden will pack the court, he says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E--5XPO6bhI

Nathan89
10-10-2020, 06:18 PM
https://twitter.com/thejcoop/status/1314929793524215808?s=20

Anyone planning on packing the court is an extremist loon. To position Biden as a vote for "normalcy" is absurd.

Spurtacular
10-10-2020, 06:22 PM
https://twitter.com/thejcoop/status/1314929793524215808?s=20

Anyone planning on packing the court is an extremist loon. To position Biden as a vote for "normalcy" is absurd.

If they can't say no, then it's a yes.

rmt
10-10-2020, 06:31 PM
Someone ought to make a t-shirt with "We DESERVE to know"

And hats, mugs, yard signs, etc.

ElNono
10-10-2020, 06:31 PM

You should do that. Will fit nicely with the collection of MAGA hats.

DMC
10-10-2020, 06:33 PM

But NOT masks, amirite?

rmt
10-10-2020, 06:40 PM
What's crazy about it? It's not like the government isn't already backstopping that loan.

Do I scrimp and save and tell my children they can only go to state schools and some else is irresponsible - chooses to go to some expensive uni and rack up tens/hundreds of thousands in debt and we the tax payer must pay for it?

Why don't we just forgive everyone's credit card debt? Should those who have been responsible and pay off their credit card every month pay for those who have been irresponsible and run up a ton of debt?

Where does this insanity end?

rmt
10-10-2020, 06:48 PM
You should do that. Will fit nicely with the collection of MAGA hats.

If I planned to do that, I wouldn't be broadcasting it, and I don't have anything MAGA except my (front edited) 2016 yard sign. But someone reading might be open to doing it - it's nice that in this somewhat CAPITALISTIC country, someone could have an idea and make some money. I especially loved the first cardboard car sunshade - such a simple idea - yet no one had ever thought of it and whoever did first made tons.

baseline bum
10-10-2020, 06:51 PM

Know if there will be a peaceful transition of power?

rmt
10-10-2020, 06:52 PM
But NOT masks, amirite?

etc.

Will Hunting
10-10-2020, 06:55 PM

Know what Donald Trump’s healthcare plan is?

Know what kind of stimulus Trump plans on passing after the election?

ElNono
10-10-2020, 07:03 PM
If I planned to do that, I wouldn't be broadcasting it, and I don't have anything MAGA except my (front edited) 2016 yard sign. But someone reading might be open to doing it - it's nice that in this somewhat CAPITALISTIC country, someone could have an idea and make some money. I especially loved the first cardboard car sunshade - such a simple idea - yet no one had ever thought of it and whoever did first made tons.

You should totally do it. Spend a lot of money on it if possible too... that ought to trigger dem libs.

rmt
10-10-2020, 07:26 PM
Know what Donald Trump’s healthcare plan is?

Know what kind of stimulus Trump plans on passing after the election?

Why don't you ask him? I would bet a lot of money that his answer won't be "They don't deserve to know"

Will Hunting
10-10-2020, 07:27 PM
Why don't you ask him? I would bet a lot of money that his answer won't be "They don't deserve to know"
So Biden isn’t the only one not being totally transparent glad we agree :tu

rmt
10-10-2020, 07:30 PM
"They don't deserve to know" is beyond the pale - waaaaaay worse that the dodging and pitiful accusation of Trump packing the court - if Trump was doing anything wrong regarding SC nomination, there would be lawsuits.

rmt
10-10-2020, 07:33 PM
So Biden isn’t the only one not being totally transparent glad we agree :tu

You guys just don't get it, do you? Attacking voters (saying we don't DESERVE to know) is completely different than not being totally transparent.

rmt
10-10-2020, 07:34 PM
Imo, it's even worse than DEPLORABLES because it refers to all voters - not just Trump supporters.

Will Hunting
10-10-2020, 07:37 PM
You guys just don't get it, do you? Attacking voters (saying we don't DESERVE to know) is completely different than not being totally transparent.
It’s really not. Whether or not Trump is actually saying we don’t deserve to know he clearly thinks we do since he’s been deliberately vague.

Will Hunting
10-10-2020, 07:38 PM
"They don't deserve to know" is beyond the pale - waaaaaay worse that the dodging and pitiful accusation of Trump packing the court - if Trump was doing anything wrong regarding SC nomination, there would be lawsuits.
Trump isn’t doing anything outside the rules of the constitution and Biden wouldn’t be either if he packed the court. You’re simply deciding what’s “wrong” based off whether it helps your political party.

ElNono
10-10-2020, 07:43 PM
Trump isn’t doing anything outside the rules of the constitution and Biden wouldn’t be either if he packed the court. You’re simply deciding what’s “wrong” based off whether it helps your political party.

There's always El Pollo Tropical to sit down and think about det one

Will Hunting
10-10-2020, 07:44 PM
There's always El Pollo Tropical to sit down and think about det one
I heard El Pollo Tropical’s sales are down this month so Trump might be in trouble.

ElNono
10-10-2020, 07:45 PM
I heard El Pollo Tropical’s sales are down this month so Trump might be in trouble.

Dr Darrin: Sales are up in da zip code, they just added zinc to the seasoning...

baseline bum
10-10-2020, 07:46 PM
Imo, it's even worse than DEPLORABLES because it refers to all voters - not just Trump supporters.

Yes it's worse than the president not saying there will be a peaceful transition of power if he loses :lol

Spurminator

Shit, rmt's not going to vote for Biden now

rmt

I have already posted that I don't think Biden believes in packing the court or getting rid of the filibuster - see my answer to Dirk's Finale.

It's Biden's own exact words - of course, the media is not going to emphasize or harp on these words.

ElNono
10-10-2020, 07:48 PM
Yes it's worse than the president not saying there will be a peaceful transition of power if he loses :lol

Or it's worse than killing 250K Americans... let's overlook that.

rmt
10-10-2020, 07:48 PM
Sigh, you can always tell there's nothing else to say when conversation devolves to Pollo Tropical digs (which I'm having for dinner right now).

rmt
10-10-2020, 07:50 PM
Or it's worse than killing 250K Americans... let's overlook that.

Yep, Trump killed 250k Americans.

ElNono
10-10-2020, 07:50 PM
Yep, Trump killed 250k Americans.

Under his watch... sorry you're a fan.

baseline bum
10-10-2020, 07:54 PM
Sigh, you can always tell there's nothing else to say when conversation devolves to Pollo Tropical digs (which I'm having for dinner right now).

Fuck off, Wild Cobra

Spurtacular
10-29-2020, 11:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt_WzPMMAX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t-Z88e1GeM

pgardn
10-30-2020, 12:00 AM
Like Trump would never think of doing it if needed.
I hope Joe does not play his game.
But if he does, I understand.

You slap, I punch. Could even get worse with a president this bad.

Ef-man
10-30-2020, 12:08 AM
It does not get old and still trump still continues lying.

https://youtu.be/ictmTiF543A

ChumpDumper
01-15-2021, 02:50 AM

Spurtacular
01-15-2021, 03:31 AM
Less is definitely more for you.

Winehole23
04-09-2021, 11:32 AM
maybe Biden will pack the court

CosmicCowboy
04-09-2021, 11:55 AM
Gee. Wonder what the conclusion will be.

Winehole23
04-09-2021, 12:09 PM
Gee. Wonder what the conclusion will be.No telling. Having one judge for each circuit would be analogous to how the number we have now was determined, before that it varied. Going by that scheme twelve could be the new number.

https://www.history.com/news/supreme-court-justices-number-constitution

coyotes_geek
04-09-2021, 12:09 PM
Gee. Wonder what the conclusion will be.

The smart money is betting on "needing" 4 more Supremes.

Winehole23
04-09-2021, 12:17 PM
The smart money is betting on "needing" 4 more Supremes.7-6

spurraider21
04-09-2021, 12:21 PM
playing fair/bipartisan or whatever flew out the window after the incompatible ways Garland and ACB were treated

hater
04-09-2021, 12:22 PM
Biden most likely cant tell a judge from a wall painting at this point. But his handlers, im sure have a plan.

coyotes_geek
04-09-2021, 12:27 PM
7-6

Yep. Then would start the cycle of both political teams adding as many justices as they need anytime they find the court's makeup not to their liking and themselves with the opportunity to do something about it.

"In a 23-22 ruling, the Supreme Court upheld............"

Winehole23
04-09-2021, 12:29 PM
hater fumes

Winehole23
04-09-2021, 12:30 PM
Yep. Then would start the cycle of both political teams adding as many justices as they need anytime they find the court's makeup not to their liking and themselves with the opportunity to do something about it.

"In a 23-22 ruling, the Supreme Court upheld............"In principle, that's the system we've always had. Congress can reorganize the courts.

coyotes_geek
04-09-2021, 12:39 PM
In principle, that's the system we've always had. Congress can reorganize the courts.

True. I'd just hope that a decision to expand the court would be made on an actual need (which I don't think exists tbh) as opposed to simple political animosity. No doubt whoever Biden puts on this committee will come up with some alleged need, as will the republicans, and so on and so forth........

Winehole23
04-09-2021, 12:49 PM
True. I'd just hope that a decision to expand the court would be made on an actual need (which I don't think exists tbh) as opposed to simple political animosity. No doubt whoever Biden puts on this committee will come up with some alleged need, as will the republicans, and so on and so forth........I can totally see it.

The day of observing normative niceties and forgoing to use political power to fix courts has already passed imho. The US Senate already buried all the norms and niceties that mattered.