lefty
10-03-2020, 11:51 AM
Would you agree?

FrostKing
10-03-2020, 12:27 PM
MVP in today's NBA

Kawhitstorm
10-03-2020, 12:35 PM
Yes, he was the system. Malone couldn’t do it in ‘04 with Payton.

lefty
10-03-2020, 12:40 PM
Howard Eisley would come and run the same pick and roll plays with the same success :lol

Neo.
10-03-2020, 01:32 PM
somewhat I guess, but I agree with the statement that he was the system. I think malone is one of the most overrated players of all time, I always felt stockton was easily more important to their success. he was ahead of his time and played in such a slow era, would thrive in a fast system where he could bomb threes freely. he was basically Steve Nash with good defensive instincts.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 02:29 PM
Pretty much, this.

MVP in today's NBA

Neo.
10-03-2020, 02:39 PM
:cry:cry:cry

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2020, 03:03 PM
Neo :drunk:drunk:drunk:drunk:oops:shootme:cry:cry:cry

https://sports.yahoo.com/game-1-nba-finals-lakers-heat-ratings-low-abc-225636681.html?guccounter=1

lefty
10-03-2020, 04:45 PM
MVP in today's NBA

lol Stockton couldn’t create his own shots, needed pick and rolls :lol
Eisley would come off the bench and execute the exact same plays, he was just a black Stockton tbh :lol

Neo.
10-03-2020, 04:58 PM
lol Stockton couldn’t create his own shots, needed pick and rolls :lol
Eisley would come off the bench and execute the exact same plays, he was just a black Stockton tbh :lol

this. thats why even though i feel he is the system, hes still somewhat of a system player. i dont see him being able to consistently create offense in crunchtime situations without a properly executed pick play, at least not to the degree that most modern elite guards can like dame, steph, booker, mitchell, beal, luka, cp3 etc... they can create with or without a pick, can completely embarass mismatches, and can consistently hit tough shots even against strong, well-executed defense.

Neo.
10-03-2020, 05:06 PM
tbh i feel its similar to bron/AD

AD is putting up bigger stats and everyone has been focused on his incredible numbers, but its clear who's more valuable and who the true leader of the lakers is, and the BPM and VORP backs it up, as well as the fact that the team suffers much more when bron goes out of the game, than when AD goes out of the game. in fact, i believe the team still had a solid net positive when Bron played without AD, while having being massively negative when AD played without Bron

it seemed the same for stockton and malone imo

Spurtacular
10-03-2020, 05:21 PM
John Stockton was a system player like Tim Duncan was a system player. :lol

TD 21
10-03-2020, 05:48 PM
tbh i feel its similar to bron/AD

AD is putting up bigger stats and everyone has been focused on his incredible numbers, but its clear who's more valuable and who the true leader of the lakers is, and the BPM and VORP backs it up, as well as the fact that the team suffers much more when bron goes out of the game, than when AD goes out of the game. in fact, i believe the team still had a solid net positive when Bron played without AD, while having being massively negative when AD played without Bron

it seemed the same for stockton and malone imo

That was in the regular season. In the playoffs, it's been the exact opposite.

Kawhitstorm
10-03-2020, 06:27 PM
Howard Eisley would come and run the same pick and roll plays with the same success :lol

Rondo has been coming in & running the same PnR with better success. Game manager LeBrat.:lmao

Kawhitstorm
10-03-2020, 06:27 PM
That was in the regular season. In the playoffs, it's been the exact opposite.

#playoffRondo

TD 21
10-03-2020, 06:50 PM
#playoffRondo

:lmao Triggered because Scumbag's star is dimming and more people are starting to see the light.

Kawhitstorm
10-03-2020, 07:37 PM
:lmao Triggered because Scumbag's star is dimming and more people are starting to see the light.

Just like the stars were dimming in 2018 :dramaquee

#Triggered b/c Uncle Dennis ended ShittyFO :madrun

FrostKing
10-03-2020, 08:01 PM

baseline bum
10-03-2020, 08:43 PM
Stockton's hugely underrated IMO. Damn he almost carried choking ass Malone to a title in 98. Stockton always seemed to be the big shot guy on that team. Can't imagine what was going through his head when hit that backbreaking three on Chicago with like 40 seconds in Game 6 that should have won them the game only for Malone to fall on his ass and cough the ball up to Jordan on the next play and thus blow the lead Stockton had just given them. Fucking Malone threw that title away. I can't imagine Pippen playing a Game 7 that series with how fucked he was in Game 6.

Kawhitstorm
10-03-2020, 09:54 PM
Stockton's hugely underrated IMO. Damn he almost carried choking ass Malone to a title in 98. Stockton always seemed to be the big shot guy on that team. Can't imagine what was going through his head when hit that backbreaking three on Chicago with like 40 :( econds in Game 6 that should have won them the game only for Malone to fall on his ass and cough the ball up to Jordan on the next play and thus blow the lead Stockton had just given them. Fucking Malone threw that title away. I can't imagine Pippen playing a Game 7 that series with how fucked he was in Game 6.

DK: No OT tonight :(

KobesAchilles
10-03-2020, 10:27 PM
Stockton was small and didn’t have all world speed. He was easy to game plan for in the playoffs if you could knock the Jazz out of rhythm. The way to shut down John was to rough him up and put a long defender on him. (The Spurs did the exact opposite by guarding him with Avery Fucking Johnson :lol )

That said, John did a lot of things that had nothing to do with any system. Him not missing like 19 games in 19 years is damn impressive. His steals were signs of great anticipation. Also he probably set the greatest screens of all time for a guard. Can’t system that kind of heart

lefty
10-03-2020, 10:28 PM
Underrated?

Nah he was overrated.

Isiah, KJ, Payton, Tim Hardaway, Terry Porter, those dudes all skull fucked him :lol

DMC
10-04-2020, 12:45 AM
The handles weren't as developed in those days as they are now for elite PGs.

Spurtacular
10-04-2020, 01:23 AM
You had four guys that knew if they'd work their asses off, Stockton would find them.
You watch Stockton vs. Earvin in the 88 playoffs, Earvin was outclassed. Frankly, Stockton was the real MVP that season too.

lefty
10-04-2020, 02:53 AM
The handles weren't as developed in those days as they are now for elite PGs.
Yeah Zeke had shitty handles