PDA

View Full Version : Dems win in New Jersey and Virginia

Ocotillo
11-08-2005, 09:41 PM
:elephant

Ocotillo
11-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Let's see how California goes now. (Ohio too)

gtownspur
11-08-2005, 10:18 PM
^^Congrats. Now you have democrat governors. WE still own the house and senate.....Duff i know your watching this thread. Please be a man and pay your debts.

gtownspur
11-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Duff quit being what you hate. jews. Pay your debts.

Ocotillo
11-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Bloomberg wins again in New York City. Dems were in disarray there.

Reform Ohio Now is going down to defeat.

Ocotillo
11-08-2005, 11:04 PM
story (http://www.startribune.com/stories/587/5715831.html)

Democratic St. Paul Mayor Randy Kelly went down in defeat to another Democrat.

Kelly's sin? He endorsed Bush last year.

exstatic
11-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Gubernatorial races mean nothing, since we didn't win them this time[/neoconartists]

gtownspur
11-08-2005, 11:29 PM
the fact is that none of those Democrat govs ran on a liberal platform or on democratic platform. National defense and the economy were not on the budget. Please be relevant.

Ocotillo
11-08-2005, 11:33 PM
^^Congrats. Now you have democrat governors. WE still own the house and senate.....Duff i know your watching this thread. Please be a man and pay your debts.

Actually, it was a matter of holding those two states. Corzine should have been an easy winner in New Jersey but he ran into some nasty TV ads in the late hours of the campaign. Plus add to the mix, the previous Governor had to resign in disgrace because of an affair with another man. Bottom line New Jersey is a blue state and it would have been catastrophic for the Dems to lose this race.

Virginia is more significant. Mark Warner was (is) a very popular Democratic governor in a Red state. I don't really see this race in terms of Bush's impact on Kilgore nor do I see Kaine riding Warner's coat tails. I believe Warner and Bush had some impact on this race. What I think is happening though is the demographic in Viriginia is evolving to be more favorable for Democrats. This is because of the growth of the D.C. suburbs which are much bluer than the down state rural areas.

Ocotillo
11-08-2005, 11:39 PM
the fact is that none of those Democrat govs ran on a liberal platform or on democratic platform. National defense and the economy were not on the budget. Please be relevant.

Thats because the Dems are quite often in the center these days. The Repubs have lurched so far to the right that what they (Repubs) catgorize as liberal is really mainstream.

For example, Corzine supports state funded stem cell research.

National defense (read Iraq) and the economy will be a twin albatross around the neck of Repubs in '06.

gtownspur
11-09-2005, 01:04 AM
^^your totally decieved by the DLC. Democrats are not centrist at all. With howard dean as their chairman and their base being kooks. Sorry.

JoeChalupa
11-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Yes!!!

Ocotillo
11-09-2005, 08:27 AM
California rejects Arnold's proposition.

The Girly Man's rise was metoric as was his demise. Hasta la vista baby. :lol