PDA

View Full Version : New Demar interview

smush
10-07-2020, 04:46 AM
https://youtu.be/haJdBxpP4ac

I am all for keeping him if he has the right attitude and takes a back seat to Derrick and Keldon. This interview speaks to that.

TimDunkem
10-07-2020, 05:16 AM
Perfect tank commander.

Dejounte
10-07-2020, 07:46 AM
https://youtu.be/haJdBxpP4ac

I am all for keeping him if he has the right attitude and takes a back seat to Derrick and Keldon. This interview speaks to that.

Thanks for posting!

Definitely saying the right things... Wouldn't mind it if he stayed if he walks the talk.

lefty
10-07-2020, 08:41 AM
Perfect tank commander.
Love that Rodman avy
I thought he wasn't popular in San Antonio :lol

smush
10-07-2020, 09:09 AM
Thanks for posting!

Definitely saying the right things... Wouldn't mind it if he stayed if he walks the talk.

If he agrees to opt out I would do 4/80 to extend him with that attitude. That’s reasonable.

gambit1990
10-07-2020, 10:25 AM
opt in but be gone.

baseline bum
10-07-2020, 10:43 AM
Love that Rodman avy

Rodman was extremely popular, probably just as much so as David Robinson, until he quit on the team in the 95 WCF.

gambit1990
10-07-2020, 11:06 AM
the miami heat will want more firepower after losing.

i happen to think pat riley is too smart to want demar though.

gambit1990
10-07-2020, 11:12 AM
heat will need a PG because dragic is a FA. i could see them finally landing cp3.

but i'd go ahead and offer murray and demar for dragic and herro. i'd maybe even throw in lonnie.

dragic isn't young but capable and worth having for a not too high of a price.

Dejounte
10-07-2020, 11:24 AM
The Heat are not letting go of Herro.

R. DeMurre
10-07-2020, 12:28 PM
I like DeMar the person. He has overcome a lot in his life, and he upped his rebounding & assist game in his new role as a Spur. But unfortunately, he's still a No 3/No D player and that makes it impossible to construct a championship level team around him as a major piece. Nice guy, really wish him well, but still say trade for draft picks, for underrated role players, for flexibility in next year's free agency.

lefty
10-07-2020, 01:46 PM
Rodman was extremely popular, probably just as much so as David Robinson, until he quit on the team in the 95 WCF.
yeah I was referring to the 1995 WCF :lol

talkspurs
10-07-2020, 02:53 PM
If he agrees to opt out I would do 4/80 to extend him with that attitude. That’s reasonable.

Big overpay. not saying he is not good enough but he does nothing for the Team. We need to move on from some of these people. While this would make him more tradeable the 4/80 might be what he gets on open market.

daslicer
10-07-2020, 03:31 PM

Him and Drob were why I became a Spurs fan as a kid way back in the spring of '94. I viewed Drob as some real life action figure while I just thought the hair Rodman had was cool.

koriwhat
10-07-2020, 03:45 PM
Love that Rodman avy

i've always liked rodman and i'm sure other spurs fans do too. as for his stint here in satx it's kind of a blur. he was a hustler though and you can't hate on that aspect of his game.

FutureMan
10-07-2020, 07:55 PM

Not a bad contract at all. Especially if it decreases over time and the 80 was with all “bonuses” achieved. Maybe:

year 1 - 21 million
year 2 - 20 million
year 3 - 19 million
year 4 - 18 million

with a 500,000 bonus each year if the Spurs make it to the 2nd round in the playoffs or something

poopbox
10-07-2020, 11:19 PM
the only problem with keeping demar is that we got 3 guard who need to learn to have his skillset, and they are not going to learn it by watching him do it or him having the ball alot...

If we did not have two of murray, white, or walker, it would be a no brainer to sign him and make him the lead ballhandler until someone proved they were good enough to take those duties away...

But long term if the ball is going to be in murray, white, walker, keldon hands much more then Demar is not going to be a good fit cause he is NOT a catch and shoot guy and doesn't shoot 3's at all

spurs10
10-08-2020, 12:24 AM
The Heat are not letting go of Herro. or Dragic....it defeats the purpose.

smush
10-08-2020, 02:54 AM
https://youtu.be/nr-5EAeIgck

Didnt even post the first part... man this site and them spergs Fans of Spergs talk
The first part was not relevant! He did not say anything about basketball.

daslicer
10-08-2020, 09:33 AM
This was just posted today but I'm not willing to watch all of it.
0P4G2Fanjio

EasyMoney
10-08-2020, 09:44 AM
This was just posted today but I'm not willing to watch all of it.
0P4G2Fanjio

In this interview, he admitted his refusal to want to shoot 3s, saying he wanted to prove he can be great without having to shoot them.

Thanks, Demar. :devil

Dejounte
10-08-2020, 10:08 AM
In this interview, he admitted his refusal to want to shoot 3s, saying he wanted to prove he can be great without having to shoot them.

Thanks, Demar. :devil

He says Keldon is his favorite rookie ever

"I love him to death. One of my favorite rookies I've ever played with.
He always wants to take on the challenges too! That's what I love. He's going to be pretty good"

Sugus
10-08-2020, 01:48 PM
That's an interesting thing for DeMar to say... Considering last season, he had one of, if not the best year of his career numbers-wise, could he be yet another vet player who starts to morph his game into adding a 3-ball late in their career? I'm wiser than to hold out hope that DeRozan actually comes into next season shooting 3's at anything more than 1 3PA per game, but I could see it in the future. And considering it'll be a contract year for him if he opts in, he will have an extra interest in upping his market value.

Who knows, with all this lockdown stuff, he might've just been locked in the gym shooting 3-pointers nonstop. :lol

Seventyniner
10-08-2020, 02:37 PM
That's an interesting thing for DeMar to say... Considering last season, he had one of, if not the best year of his career numbers-wise, could he be yet another vet player who starts to morph his game into adding a 3-ball late in their career? I'm wiser than to hold out hope that DeRozan actually comes into next season shooting 3's at anything more than 1 3PA per game, but I could see it in the future. And considering it'll be a contract year for him if he opts in, he will have an extra interest in upping his market value.

Who knows, with all this lockdown stuff, he might've just been locked in the gym shooting 3-pointers nonstop. :lol

Great point about his next contract. A ball-dominant, non-threat-from-3 wing has to be built around, and DeRozan just isn't good enough to justify those kinds of roster contortions. Having even a respectable 3-point shot (~37%) on decent volume (3 attempts per game) would make him much more valuable to a new team.

Sugus
10-08-2020, 02:58 PM
Great point about his next contract. A ball-dominant, non-threat-from-3 wing has to be built around, and DeRozan just isn't good enough to justify those kinds of roster contortions. Having even a respectable 3-point shot (~37%) on decent volume (3 attempts per game) would make him much more valuable to a new team.

Exactly. I know I'm probably talking myself into this, but it's not the first time that DeMar's made comments about giving the young players the reigns and supporting them. There's a lot to be criticized of DeRozan, but he's not dumb, and I think he sees the writing on the wall with the way the Spurs played in the bubble. I could see the FO trying to talk him into that role, even for next season alone, forcing him to play more off-ball and giving him more spot-up opportunities, with the ability to take over in the 4th, not unlike Jimmy Butler and the Heat. Whether he can shoot the 3 or not is yet to be seen, but he's visibly a good fit with our current young players.

This becomes much more feasible if they trade LMA. The Spurs value continuity and vet leadership to instill "culture" - and LMA probably has the higher trade value - so I don't see them shipping both out next season. Tbh, if he's teaching footwork to Keldon, Lonnie or White, I don't really mind it either, at least for next season. Then he can test the market, or re-sign to end his career with the Spurs, hopefully at a discount after the 27M payday.