PDA

View Full Version : Biden says voters don't deserve to know his stance on packing Supreme Court

ducks
10-10-2020, 12:00 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-voters-deserve-packing-supreme-court

Reck
10-10-2020, 12:05 PM
The fact this is triggering the right means it's working so keep 'em in suspense Joe.

hater
10-10-2020, 12:10 PM
Biden trolling these conservative snowflakes :lmao

Shit I might vote Biden after all :lol

Will Hunting
10-10-2020, 12:11 PM
:lol the only people demanding to know Biden's stance on this are MAGAtards who want to ensure SCOTUS has a conservative supermajority, and Biden doesn't owe those people shit.

Spurminator
10-10-2020, 12:52 PM
He should just say he's not going to and then do it anyway.

boutons_deux
10-10-2020, 01:00 PM
Did the Campaign 2000 Repugs think the voters deserved to know that Repugs were going to invade Iraq for BigOil?

FrostKing
10-10-2020, 01:09 PM
Pack it with BLM

DMC
10-10-2020, 01:38 PM
He doesn't have to tell them anything. If they don't like it, don't vote for him. Same with his medical information. In fact, anything he's not legally obligated to say he is not obligated to say, and this is what elections are for.

baseline bum
10-10-2020, 01:56 PM
He should just say he's not going to and then do it anyway.

I don't think he should say that all, it would hurt progressive enthusiasm while not gaining a single Trumptard snowflake vote. And McConnell already established there is nothing sacred about having 9 justices so there is no reason for Biden not to pack the court if he gets the chance.

Spurminator
10-10-2020, 02:02 PM
I don't think he should say that all, it would hurt progressive enthusiasm while not gaining a single Trumptard snowflake vote. And McConnell already established there is nothing sacred about having 9 justices so there is no reason for Biden not to pack the court if he gets the chance.

I think he gains a good number of jaded conservative votes if they don't think it's a threat to the Supreme Court. And I don't buy that it hurts him with progressives. The court packing conversation just started a month ago. Any liberal/progressive that suddenly now decides not to vote over an issue we've only been discussing for a month is a fucking moron.

baseline bum
10-10-2020, 02:04 PM
I think he gains a good number of jaded conservative votes if they don't think it's a threat to the Supreme Court. And I don't buy that it hurts him with progressives. The court packing conversation just started a month ago. Any liberal/progressive that suddenly now decides not to vote over an issue we've only been discussing for a month is a fucking moron.

There are more liberal morons who won't vote if he is seen to bend on this than there are "honest broker" Republicans who would cross over to vote for him. You're not winning over Republican voters, they love Trump.

baseline bum
10-10-2020, 02:05 PM
The Republican voters who 'don't like' Trump 'don't like' him for stupid reasons, like he tweets too much. They're more than fine with the rest of his bullshit. In a battle of 'tweets too much' vs commie to the left of Castro they're all going to pick 'tweets too much.'

Spurminator
10-10-2020, 02:11 PM
There are more liberal morons who won't vote if he is seen to bend on this than there are "honest broker" Republicans who would cross over to vote for him. You're not winning over Republican voters, they love Trump.

10% don't, and that's more than enough to lose the election for him. And that doesn't count people who no longer call themselves Republicans because of Trump.

I'm not sure how you can see people like Bill Kristol, George Conway, George Will, Peggy Noonan and the entire Lincoln Project, and not believe there are also regular citizen Republicans and conservatives who won't be voting for Trump.

Will Hunting
10-10-2020, 02:27 PM
Biden just said "The only court packing going on right now is with the Republicans" which is the best answer he's given.

I don't see how this question would change Republican minds either way. The Bill Kristol/Lincoln Project crowd isn't turning on Biden due to his refusal to answer this question, and there aren't Republicans saying that after the last 4 years, they're going to vote for Trump UNLESS Biden comes out and opposes court packing. It's a boogeyman that MAGAtards are using to try and stoke fear, that's it.

Reck
10-10-2020, 02:30 PM
Biden just said "The only court packing going on right now is with the Republicans" which is the best answer he's given.

I don't see how this question would change Republican minds either way. The Bill Kristol/Lincoln Project crowd isn't turning on Biden due to his refusal to answer this question, and there aren't Republicans saying that after the last 4 years, they're going to vote for Trump UNLESS Biden comes out and opposes court packing. It's a boogeyman that MAGAtards are using to try and stoke fear, that's it.

He should address the fuckup from the first debate when Trump claimed Obama left over 150 judge seats unfilled when in reality that was the Turtle's doing.

They were blocked.

Will Hunting
10-10-2020, 02:33 PM
He should address the fuckup from the first debate when Trump claimed Obama left over 150 judge seats unfilled when in reality that was the Turtle's doing.

They were blocked.
True, I was pissed when he didn't correct that narrative at the time.

That was a blatant example of how Republicans simply aren't "the same" when it comes to power grabs. The Democrats could have done the same thing to GWB in has last two years but they compromised with him on judge appointments so they got some and he got some (and GWB was a lot more of a lame duck in his final 2 years than Obama was, he had an approval rating in the 20s and was considered the worst president we've had since Hoover). McConnell wouldn't even meet with Obama, he just blocked all appointments.

Chris
10-10-2020, 02:47 PM
lol what a dumpster fire :lol thanks Joe!

https://twitter.com/AdamInHTownTX/status/1314946497734209537?s=19

Will Hunting
10-10-2020, 02:53 PM
I guess Chris isn't voting for Biden now.

Must be devastating news to his campaign.

Spurminator
10-10-2020, 03:00 PM

Those names were really just examples I was using of Republicans who don't love Trump. Plenty of other normies with their own reasons as well.

baseline bum
10-10-2020, 03:14 PM
10% don't, and that's more than enough to lose the election for him. And that doesn't count people who no longer call themselves Republicans because of Trump.

I'm not sure how you can see people like Bill Kristol, George Conway, George Will, Peggy Noonan and the entire Lincoln Project, and not believe there are also regular citizen Republicans and conservatives who won't be voting for Trump.

Every Republican voter I know thinks the Lincoln Project is a bunch of douchebags.

Winehole23
10-10-2020, 03:21 PM
The Republican stance on court-packing has been flexible, depending on who benefits.

Will Hunting
10-10-2020, 03:25 PM
The Republican stance on court-packing has been flexible, depending on who benefits.

Yeah if Clinton won but McConnell kept the majority there's not a chance McConnell would have said "Oh well I said we were leaving it up to the people and we're sticking to it!" Unless Clinton nominated a federalist society nutcase McConnell would have simply gone another 4 years without putting the nominee up for conformation. It's ridiculous for Republicans to pretend they're married to tradition and unwritten rules meant to balance power.

GB20
10-10-2020, 03:52 PM
lol what a dumpster fire :lol thanks Joe!

https://twitter.com/AdamInHTownTX/status/1314946497734209537?s=19
Hey Chris, where is the health care plan that Trump promised four years ago? The voters deserve to know.

Chris
10-10-2020, 04:53 PM
Hey Chris, where is the health care plan that Trump promised four years ago? The voters deserve to know.

johnmccainthumbsdown.gif

GB20
10-10-2020, 05:02 PM
johnmccainthumbsdown.gif
But Chris where is the plan? The voters deserve to know.

Reck
10-10-2020, 05:09 PM
'Well, you’ve been asked by the viewers who are probably Republicans,' Biden responded.

:lol Chris getting check mated.

Spurminator
10-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Pack the courts. At every level.