PDA

View Full Version : Marco Belinelli is leaving.

Rocalcio
10-12-2020, 11:49 AM
https://www.gazzetta.it/festival-sport-trento/11-10-2020/nba-belinelli-gallinari-mercato-puntiamo-titolo-soldi-vengono-dopo-3802728197396.shtml

Italian website but it states this :

« SUL MERCATO— Partiamo da qui: sia Belinelli che Gallinari sono free agent dopo la scadenza dei contratti con New Orleans e San Antonio. Marco: “La mia volontà è rimanere in Nba, uno-due anni di contratto con una squadra da playoff e magari da titolo. È la mia mentalità: poter essere utile a una squadra che lotta per vincere”. »

Which basically means that he’s free agent and that his wish is to join a title contender.

rjv
10-12-2020, 12:01 PM
i always liked marco but he'd be a better fit somewhere else. i wish him the best if he does leave.

R. DeMurre
10-12-2020, 12:05 PM
And so it begins! I like Marco, but it's time to make room for the youngsters.

Dejounte
10-12-2020, 12:10 PM
Remember when Marco took up Lonnie and Keldon's minutes? No longer an issue. Now if Bryn leaves too... Plenty of minutes for players who actually deserve it!

KobesAchilles
10-12-2020, 12:12 PM
Can he take Pop and Bryn with him. It’s only fair that they too join a title contender

Floyd Pacquiao
10-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Thank Christ. Now if Forbes can be shown the door as well

gambit1990
10-12-2020, 12:24 PM
good.

Leetonidas
10-12-2020, 12:30 PM
GTFO

Rocalcio
10-12-2020, 12:31 PM
Remember when Marco took up Lonnie and Keldon's minutes? No longer an issue. Now if Bryn leaves too... Plenty of minutes for players who actually deserve it!

The good thing is that it’s his choice, he’s not waived by PATFO. It’s always better for the team’s reputation.

R. DeMurre
10-12-2020, 12:32 PM

My first thought too... it's frustrating I feel like I can't rely on Pop to simply give him fewer minutes, and that the only answer is Forbes leaving.

RC_Drunkford
10-12-2020, 12:33 PM
more minutes for Bryn and Patty

BackHome
10-12-2020, 12:40 PM
Always liked him he hit some big shots for us but we rebuilding so wish him the best.

If we can move Mills for a draft pick do it and please let Forbes also go and find a tittle contender.

Sugus
10-12-2020, 12:44 PM
Wow, that was unexpected. Best news I've read all week, and it's only Monday. Good luck in your future endeavors, Marco! Good riddance.

look_at_g_shred
10-12-2020, 01:25 PM
Don't worry folks, PATFO will sign a undersized guard this offseason that'll take minutes away from the young guys because he's a "vet" and has "earned it"

r0drig0lac
10-12-2020, 01:28 PM
Can he take Pop and Bryn with him.

this

Don't worry folks, PATFO will sign a undersized guard this offseason that'll take minutes away from the young guys because he's a "vet" and has "earned it"

probably a scrub like Cook (who like anyone in the NBA is better than Forbes) or something.

GAustex
10-12-2020, 02:23 PM
Nice guy
Good shooter
Constantly got abused as a defender.
When the team got not as good his deficiencies were exacerbated and became unacceptable

Degoat
10-12-2020, 02:27 PM
He’ll be really successful at a contender, this current spurs group was never a good match

Seventyniner
10-12-2020, 02:32 PM
When the Spurs signed him, didn't they still seem to hold some shred of hope that they could hang on to Number Two and build around him? He was a terrible fit with the post-trade roster either way.

ZeusWillJudge
10-12-2020, 02:50 PM
Damn. The wheels have finally fallen off. As long as Marco was here, we still had hope. :lmao

NASpurs
10-12-2020, 02:53 PM
Would make 2020 into a great year.

And I didn’t know RD2191 knew Italian.

Rocalcio
10-12-2020, 03:07 PM

And I didn’t know RD2191 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42690) knew Italian.

I’m full of surprises :)

pad300
10-12-2020, 03:16 PM
Thank you for your service Marco, and good bye. Best of luck in your future projects, provided you're not playing against us...

(and once he's out of earshot)

Sha na nah
Na na nah
Hey, hey, hey
Goodbye!

TimDunkem
10-12-2020, 03:16 PM
Expected but this will give the FO even more of an incentive to lock up Bum Forbes.

BWS-1994
10-12-2020, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the memories and good luck, Marco!

Maybe he goes East and signs for the min.

Chris
10-12-2020, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the memories and good luck, Marco!

Maybe he goes East and signs for the min.

bro no offense, but what memories?

RD2191
10-12-2020, 04:37 PM

And I didn’t know RD2191 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42690) knew Italian.
:pctoss

cd98
10-12-2020, 04:40 PM
Spurs were never going to re-sign him anyway, which he knew, I'm sure. He can still shoot, but I don't know that any contenders will take him. Maybe 76ers, who desperately needed shooters. But this guy is mostly on the wrong side of his career.

Dejounte
10-12-2020, 04:44 PM
THIS but Boston wants him BAD

Source?

Dejounte
10-12-2020, 05:03 PM
Philly is also gonna need him

Several others as well, I though you watched basketball not just the Spurs.

Thanks for providing the source. I hope they get him!

Dverde
10-12-2020, 05:05 PM
Little surprised there is interest in him. Makes no sense for him to come back

ElNono
10-12-2020, 05:15 PM
Huge loss... was hoping for a "Lamarcus is leaving" thread, tbh

gambit1990
10-12-2020, 05:28 PM
how long until the warriors make an offer?

Dejounte
10-12-2020, 05:34 PM
Sperging out on SOURCES, lol. I always you you were a SPERG for SPEGS TALK.

You don't watch Basketball just the Spurms Spergs Talk.

Its not hard, listen to Simmons, listen to Lowe, listen to I don't know any of a dozen or so basketball podcast and all have either mentioned Byrn Forbes by name or talk about the need for a player that fits bryn forbes mold to come off the bench for any NUMBER of teams that NOT the Warriors or Rockets.

Hey man, you can feel what you want about me. I still have a lot of respect for you. Cheers!

gambit1990
10-12-2020, 05:52 PM
spurs are gonna replace him with ray allen.

JuneJive
10-12-2020, 06:17 PM
Make room for the younguns.

timtonymanu
10-12-2020, 06:25 PM
Good riddance. Should have never been brought back for a second stint here. One of my least favorite Spurs of all time. Hopefully Forbes is next.

Nivek_ogre
10-12-2020, 06:54 PM
As long as Bryn doesn't come back. A big part of the moderate success in the bubble was his absence. I truly believe if he wasn't being given minutes then the Spurs would have gotten the eighth seed...... maybe not.

Russ
10-12-2020, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure this wasn't Marco's decision.

Chomag
10-12-2020, 07:13 PM
Just so Forbes can still get some minutes.

Chomag
10-12-2020, 07:14 PM
I honestly like him though but he was pretty much redundant on an already redundant team. On the right team I think he can still contribute , and I wish him the best.

timtonymanu
10-12-2020, 07:18 PM
Gotta remember how horrible he looked this season :lol. He’s on the decline and slow at this point. Cant be more than 3rd string on a contending team.

Chomag
10-12-2020, 08:23 PM
Freeing up cap space for that new Forbes contract and you guys know it!

ducks
10-12-2020, 09:13 PM
Freeing up cap space for that new Forbes contract and you guys know it!

But if pop throws money at him he is just helping white priveldge
He not black and sucks because blacks better basketball player

BWS-1994
10-12-2020, 11:13 PM
bro no offense, but what memories?

That clutch 3 against the Heat in 2014 Finals.

The game Spurs lost against the Knicks. Marco’s offense kept them in the game, but can be argued his defense or lack thereof caused the L as well.

Chris
10-12-2020, 11:21 PM
That clutch 3 against the Heat in 2014 Finals.

The game Spurs lost against the Knicks. Marco’s offense kept them in the game, but can be argued his defense or lack thereof caused the L as well.

yeah also the "I've got huge huevos" shot :lol

Chris
10-12-2020, 11:23 PM
DSuYsom1_OA

wasn't for the Spurs but definitely memorable :lol

TheCerebral1
10-13-2020, 12:07 AM
Bye, take DeMar, LMA, and Gay with you.

SpurPadre
10-13-2020, 12:49 AM
Always liked him he hit some big shots for us but we rebuilding so wish him the best.

If we can move Mills for a draft pick do it and please let Forbes also go and find a tittle contender.

Yeah, Forbes really deserves to win a title in the Filipino Basketball League.

tbdog
10-13-2020, 01:24 AM
When the Spurs signed him, didn't they still seem to hold some shred of hope that they could hang on to Number Two and build around him? He was a terrible fit with the post-trade roster either way.

Spurs moves that year was in favour on building around number 2. They resigned Bertans, Forbes and netted beli.

alpha_HaZE
10-13-2020, 01:50 AM
Can he take Pop and Bryn with him. It’s only fair that they too join a title contender

No, but I'd love if you take you, you are no true Spurs fan anyways we all know you are a paid troll.

LakerHater
10-13-2020, 01:58 AM
He wants to go to the Lakers

Rocalcio
10-13-2020, 06:30 AM
:pctoss

Keep cool mate, you’re getting all the credit for the thread, and they also believe you’re smart enough to speak Italian, that’s unexpected...

KobesAchilles
10-13-2020, 06:56 AM
No, but I'd love if you take you, you are no true Spurs fan anyways we all know you are a paid troll.
Weird comment. In your eyes a true Spurs fan has to like and support every Spurs member. In mine, if there’s a weak link then I want them gone. Team over person. Bryn Forbes is the worst starter in the entire league, it’s arguable he’s the worst defensive player in the entire league as well. He is half responsible for us sucking. The other half is the person who plays him and starts him. If you are shown data that a player is the biggest net negative on your team and you continue to start him then guess what, you aren’t a very good coach.

Pop of the past I loved. Chewing out Tony and benching him for Claxton. Getting rid of Rodman after the shit he pulled in 95. Getting rid of JJ after he got fat and lazy. Pop was a no nonsense type of coach. Now he’s just here for fun which is fine for him but not for the Spurs. Besides KJ, who Pop only played in 8 games btw, ALL of our youth looked like shit this year and that comes down to coaching.

Spurtacular
10-13-2020, 07:00 AM
He should probably just finish up in Euro leagues.

TimDunkem
10-13-2020, 10:51 AM
Weird comment. In your eyes a true Spurs fan has to like and support every Spurs member. In mine, if there’s a weak link then I want them gone. Team over person. Bryn Forbes is the worst starter in the entire league, it’s arguable he’s the worst defensive player in the entire league as well. He is half responsible for us sucking. The other half is the person who plays him and starts him. If you are shown data that a player is the biggest net negative on your team and you continue to start him then guess what, you aren’t a very good coach.

Pop of the past I loved. Chewing out Tony and benching him for Claxton. Getting rid of Rodman after the shit he pulled in 95. Getting rid of JJ after he got fat and lazy. Pop was a no nonsense type of coach. Now he’s just here for fun which is fine for him but not for the Spurs. Besides KJ, who Pop only played in 8 games btw, ALL of our youth looked like shit this year and that comes down to coaching.
If anything you love the Spurs if you're hoping they don't shackle themselves even more to Bryn Forbes.

DPG21920
10-13-2020, 11:18 AM
I don’t think he’s a NBA player. I would be surprised if any team picked him up

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-13-2020, 11:22 AM
Past
His
Prime

TimDunkem
10-13-2020, 11:22 AM
I don’t think he’s a NBA player. I would be surprised if any team picked him up
Marc Jackson was talking about him when he mentioned Philly on air a week or so ago and said they really missed Belinelli this year (as if they had him last year). Seems as though most people in high places don't know what the fuck they're doing. Hell, Philly almost hired D'Antoni as if that makes sense in any universe.

Point is, there will be at least one sucker in a high place who thinks Belinelli is still valuable. There always is. :lol

KobesAchilles
10-13-2020, 12:30 PM
Marc Jackson was talking about him when he mentioned Philly on air a week or so ago and said they really missed Belinelli this year (as if they had him last year). Seems as though most people in high places don't know what the fuck they're doing. Hell, Philly almost hired D'Antoni as if that makes sense in any universe.

Point is, there will be at least one sucker in a high place who thinks Belinelli is still valuable. There always is. :lol

He would be perfect on the Lakers. Another person for Lebron to kick out to instead of taking the game winner :lol

pookenstein
10-13-2020, 03:05 PM
Hope he get's 2/28. In China. If Jimmer can make it there Bryn certainly can as well.

Dex
10-13-2020, 03:46 PM
First good news of the offseason.

Will always appreciate what Marco did the first time around with the Spurs, but that magic is gone. De offers nothing to the team now.

Let the young guns play and develop, and he can go sow his wild oats elsewhere.

alpha_HaZE
10-14-2020, 01:02 AM

Oh Boohoo, every reasonable fan who reads your posts knows you have an agenda. Speaking of coaching, there is a long list of players that had career highs under Pop, from DeMar to LaMarcus to Rudy Gay. And you hate him for no apparent reason. You can criticize yes, but what you do is pure hate. Now go get a life man and stop being a troll.

KobesAchilles
10-14-2020, 07:22 AM
Oh Boohoo, every reasonable fan who reads your posts knows you have an agenda. Speaking of coaching, there is a long list of players that had career highs under Pop, from DeMar to LaMarcus to Rudy Gay. And you hate him for no apparent reason. You can criticize yes, but what you do is pure hate. Now go get a life man and stop being a troll.
Career high of what? Points? Assists? Rebounds? Lol I’m the troll but you just make up shit bc none of those players best years were under Pop. Yeah I have an agenda. I’m so anti-Spur bc I want Bryn Forbes off the team. Bc I want Pop to stop starting the worst player in the nba. Bc I want an actual play drawn up for Lonnie Walker. Bc I want to start Derrick White. Hell you can’t even discount one of my basketball takes this year. I’ve been spot fucking on jack. I said he would start Forbes over White. I said White would take a step back bc Pop has no role for him. I said DJ would take a step back instead of forward. I said that we would miss the playoffs and I said Pop would choose to play Marco over Lonnie. All of that happened yet I’m the troll :lol

I mean this year there were 2 positive things that happened. That’s it. LMA is now a true stretch 4 and KJ (at the very end of the year) looks legit. But everything else was a shitshow

ZeusWillJudge
10-14-2020, 10:30 AM
Career high of what? Points? Assists? Rebounds?

He's talking about guys like Jax who stayed high for their whole careers.

J_Paco
10-14-2020, 02:38 PM
Career high of what? Points? Assists? Rebounds? Lol I’m the troll but you just make up shit bc none of those players best years were under Pop. Yeah I have an agenda. I’m so anti-Spur bc I want Bryn Forbes off the team. Bc I want Pop to stop starting the worst player in the nba. Bc I want an actual play drawn up for Lonnie Walker. Bc I want to start Derrick White. Hell you can’t even discount one of my basketball takes this year. I’ve been spot fucking on jack. I said he would start Forbes over White. I said White would take a step back bc Pop has no role for him. I said DJ would take a step back instead of forward. I said that we would miss the playoffs and I said Pop would choose to play Marco over Lonnie. All of that happened yet I’m the troll :lol

I mean this year there were 2 positive things that happened. That’s it. LMA is now a true stretch 4 and KJ (at the very end of the year) looks legit. But everything else was a shitshow

I think most knew what you meant, but LaMarcus can't play power forward with his age & lack of athleticism.

Him finding a three-point stroke was huge & hopefully helps his trade value if/when the team finally moves him.

Pop's coaching was piss - poor (until the bubble), the young guys didn't progress (partly do to role/coaching decisions) & it was an utter disappointment of a season.

Jettisoning Belinelli, Forbes (please, go), and possibly one more of Gay/Mills/Aldridge/DeRozan would finally set this team on a track to develop.

I hope Eubanks, Weatherspoon & especially Johnson can build off of the run in the bubble. He's a little more "undersized," but has a lot of the character traits of Jimmy Butler & the same wingspan (6'8"). If he can be a poor man's Butler with better three-point shooting, I'll take it.

KobesAchilles
10-14-2020, 02:54 PM
I think most knew what you meant, but LaMarcus can't play power forward with his age & lack of athleticism.

Him finding a three-point stroke was huge & hopefully helps his trade value if/when the team finally moves him.

Pop's coaching was piss - poor (until the bubble), the young guys didn't progress (partly do to role/coaching decisions) & it was an utter disappointment of a season.

Jettisoning Belinelli, Forbes (please, go), and possibly one more of Gay/Mills/Aldridge/DeRozan would finally set this team on a track to develop.

I hope Eubanks, Weatherspoon & especially Johnson can build off of the run in the bubble. He's a little more "undersized," but has a lot of the character traits of Jimmy Butler & the same wingspan (6'8"). If he can be a poor man's Butler with better three-point shooting, I'll take it.

LMA gets very sensitive if you call him a stretch 5 :lol

And yeah that is my hope as well. Get rid of the vets in Marco, Bryn (he plays like an old useless vet), and Rudy. I wouldn't mind keeping Demar and LMA. But give the youngings actual roles. Call plays for them. Pair them together so we actually know if they fit in our team concept or not. We still don't know if White and Murray fit well together. Is it them or is it that their roles are backwards? KJ needs to be involved more in our offense. Lonnie needs to get a play in his sweet spot, I have noticed he is a very rhythm player and if he starts off well offensively then he is more engaged all together. But there is zero reason for us not to be a more uptempo team other than our coaching refuses us to become one.

J_Paco
10-14-2020, 03:06 PM

And yeah that is my hope as well. Get rid of the vets in Marco, Bryn (he plays like an old useless vet), and Rudy. I wouldn't mind keeping Demar and LMA. But give the youngings actual roles. Call plays for them. Pair them together so we actually know if they fit in our team concept or not. We still don't know if White and Murray fit well together. Is it them or is it that their roles are backwards? KJ needs to be involved more in our offense. Lonnie needs to get a play in his sweet spot, I have noticed he is a very rhythm player and if he starts off well offensively then he is more engaged all together. But there is zero reason for us not to be a more uptempo team other than our coaching refuses us to become one.

If I had a choice, I'd keep LaMarcus, Patty & maybe Rudy around.

LaMarcus because we lack a quality replacement, Poeltl was a huge disappointment in the bubble. If we can find a solid center prospect then moving him for picks is fine.

Patty because of his "leadership," knowledge of the system & he'd take pressure off whoever he comes off the bench with (Johnson, Walker IV and/or Murray/White).

Rudy is the biggest question mark because he's shown tendencies of not moving the ball, settling for contested jumpers & playing "hero ball." If they don't find a better replacement or stopgap then keeping him around is the best option, IMO

DeMar is too much of a bad fit on the Spurs. We don't have the volume three-point shooting & team defense to mask his big flaws. He needs to be moved to another team that better suits his playstyle, where he isn't playing out of position & he's in the way of younger, potentially better fitting prospects.

rankingtear
10-14-2020, 10:40 PM

Pop has always preferred a strong bench. He has done this several times before starting Roger Mason , Keith Bogans, Michael Finley, Brent Barry. This is not new for him.

rankingtear
10-14-2020, 11:10 PM

Lamarcus is the reason we aren't an uptempo not Pop. Pop always preferred to run, he said this last offseason. We have 2 offensive styles the one when Lamarcus is in the lineup and the bubble/bench one. Pop tried to change Lamarcus style of play to fit his, that's when Lamarcus asked for a trade a while back. Lamarcus being traded is the key to seeing Pop's motion offense once again.

MultiTroll
10-14-2020, 11:37 PM
Thanks for hitting the big momentum 3 vs Miami in the Finals.

alpha_HaZE
10-15-2020, 02:16 AM

Both La and DeMar had career years playing for Pop you clown. Rudy too, in terms of efficiency which incredible given he was coming off a serious injury and was not in his prime.

KobesAchilles
10-15-2020, 06:54 AM
Both La and DeMar had career years playing for Pop you clown. Rudy too, in terms of efficiency which incredible given he was coming off a serious injury and was not in his prime.
So nothing to back it up? Awesome. They had career years though since you said so! Rudy Gay did have his most efficient year in 2018 though, you know where he helped cost us the series bc Pop kept playing him against Mason Plumlee. Oh and when Pop paired Marco and Forbes together that had a negative 120 for the series.

btw cricket on the other part of my post bc you can’t refute any of that shit :lol

KobesAchilles
10-15-2020, 07:03 AM
Pop has always preferred a strong bench. He has done this several times before starting Roger Mason , Keith Bogans, Michael Finley, Brent Barry. This is not new for him.
That’s when we had Tim Duncan. We don’t have anyone of that caliber starting. We need strength in our starting line up. Being down 10 every first quarter bc you aren’t starting your best PG is bad coaching. I forgot the exact stat but Elliott said we were one of the worst 3rd quarter teams in the league. He kept pointing that out seemingly every game and that is bc our starters suck together.

Also meh it’s easy to blame LMA for the starters not having fast break points but remember when we played Marco and Rudy Gay together and they kept taking the ball out of Derrick Whites hands? That was for more than half the season and we weren’t exactly a fast break team then either. We had Lonnie, Derrick, and Murray and we never paired them together once in the season. That’s bad coaching.

Idk how you defend Pop this year. “Well we always had a good bench so that’s why we start the worst starter in the league” :lol. To put in perspective, Pop chose White to be on the National team, but he didn’t choose him to start over Forbes or play more than 25 minutes a game until like February. “LMA is the reason why we never do fast breaks and has nothing to do with Pop never played the young guys together” Forbes can’t fill a lane or run a fast break. LMA plays slow but shit it’s the guards who initiate fast breaks not the freaking bigs. When has Forbes ever run a fast break?

Sugus
10-15-2020, 08:12 AM
To put in perspective, Pop chose White to be on the National team, but he didn’t choose him to start over Forbes or play more than 25 minutes a game until like February

That's actually insane to think about :lol

rankingtear
10-15-2020, 09:50 AM
That’s when we had Tim Duncan. We don’t have anyone of that caliber starting. We need strength in our starting line up. Being down 10 every first quarter bc you aren’t starting your best PG is bad coaching. I forgot the exact stat but Elliott said we were one of the worst 3rd quarter teams in the league. He kept pointing that out seemingly every game and that is bc our starters suck together.

Also meh it’s easy to blame LMA for the starters not having fast break points but remember when we played Marco and Rudy Gay together and they kept taking the ball out of Derrick Whites hands? That was for more than half the season and we weren’t exactly a fast break team then either. We had Lonnie, Derrick, and Murray and we never paired them together once in the season. That’s bad coaching.

Idk how you defend Pop this year. “Well we always had a good bench so that’s why we start the worst starter in the league” :lol. To put in perspective, Pop chose White to be on the National team, but he didn’t choose him to start over Forbes or play more than 25 minutes a game until like February. “LMA is the reason why we never do fast breaks and has nothing to do with Pop never played the young guys together” Forbes can’t fill a lane or run a fast break. LMA plays slow but shit it’s the guards who initiate fast breaks not the freaking bigs. When has Forbes ever run a fast break?

- starting lineup pace (99.66) good for second worst in the league
- bench pace (110) w/ Beli (108) w/ Lonnie good for best in the league
- Lamarcus Aldridge pace (99.82) worst in the roster
- lonnie - white - murray bubble pace (103)
- worst lineup in terms of pace by a mile (94.56) is Lamarcus-Gay-White-Lonnie-Patty

Meh numbers.

We actually played a lot faster this year good for 14th than last year 22nd.

KobesAchilles
10-15-2020, 11:32 AM
- starting lineup pace (99.66) good for second worst in the league
- bench pace (110) w/ Beli (108) w/ Lonnie good for best in the league
- Lamarcus Aldridge pace (99.82) worst in the roster
- lonnie - white - murray bubble pace (103)
- worst lineup in terms of pace by a mile (94.56) is Lamarcus-Gay-White-Lonnie-Patty

Meh numbers.

We actually played a lot faster this year good for 14th than last year 22nd.

Yeah we did play faster than the year before. It was almost impossible not to :lol But I believe (and I've been wrong before) that we can up it to the top 10. There's zero reason why we shouldn't be in the top 10 in pace and fast break points. I would prefer like 7, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. We saw in the bubble the pace and speed we can play with by letting go of the reins of our young horses.

LMA doesn't help the cause in that regard for sure. But if you give DJ someone to run with, a person who can finish in transition, that can only help his game. It doesn't have to be a big, it could be Lonnie or KJ. The entire year was like watching Pop try to fit a square peg into a triangle hole when it came to Murray. Murray has to slow down. He has to run pic n rolls in half court. He has to set up his teammates in half court sets. Murray's only form of fastbreak was when he created it himself with a steal.

The entire handling of White was wrong. He benched White for 2 inferior players and then didn't even have the balls to go through with his Ginobili plan. Gino finished the games and sure as hell played more than 24 minutes when he was in his prime. And I don't remember Pop startingg 2 guards way worse than Manu. Tony was an All-star so you can get away with having Manu on the bench. Murray and Forbes, eh not so much. They are both clearly worse players. The offense was supposed to be run through Derrick but it ended up being run through Rudy, Patty and in the beginning of the year Marco. I think Derrick was 4th in attempts per game off the bench for the first 2 months of the year. He clearly didn't know his role.

He puts Lonnie in the corner where he sits all possession long hoping to get the ball on a kick out. Run him out on the break. Get him the ball while he is moving and has a full head of steam. It's simple things like this that I want to see. Idgaf about our record. I didn't expect much this year to begin with. But I wanted to see the youth developed and used properly and they weren't.

Just imagine this, how would you feel about this year if KJ didn't show up in the bubble like he did? There would literally be nothing to be optimistic about next year. Even in 1987 and 1988 where we beyond sucked, we knew we had David on the horizon. You have to go back to I don't even know when to find this kind of helplessness that we had this year with no real bright spot to look forward to.

koriwhat
10-15-2020, 04:15 PM
thank the lord! marco's been a net negative since rejoining the spurs and only taking shots off one-footed fade away 3 pointers. i am thoroughly excited not to see those shit shots any longer. adios marco! liked you in your 1st stint with the spurs but this 2nd stint stunk to high hell.

Rummpd
10-15-2020, 07:26 PM
Good

RC_Drunkford
10-15-2020, 08:37 PM
Yeah we did play faster than the year before. It was almost impossible not to :lol But I believe (and I've been wrong before) that we can up it to the top 10. There's zero reason why we shouldn't be in the top 10 in pace and fast break points. I would prefer like 7, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. We saw in the bubble the pace and speed we can play with by letting go of the reins of our young horses.

LMA doesn't help the cause in that regard for sure. But if you give DJ someone to run with, a person who can finish in transition, that can only help his game. It doesn't have to be a big, it could be Lonnie or KJ. The entire year was like watching Pop try to fit a square peg into a triangle hole when it came to Murray. Murray has to slow down. He has to run pic n rolls in half court. He has to set up his teammates in half court sets. Murray's only form of fastbreak was when he created it himself with a steal.

The entire handling of White was wrong. He benched White for 2 inferior players and then didn't even have the balls to go through with his Ginobili plan. Gino finished the games and sure as hell played more than 24 minutes when he was in his prime. And I don't remember Pop startingg 2 guards way worse than Manu. Tony was an All-star so you can get away with having Manu on the bench. Murray and Forbes, eh not so much. They are both clearly worse players. The offense was supposed to be run through Derrick but it ended up being run through Rudy, Patty and in the beginning of the year Marco. I think Derrick was 4th in attempts per game off the bench for the first 2 months of the year. He clearly didn't know his role.

He puts Lonnie in the corner where he sits all possession long hoping to get the ball on a kick out. Run him out on the break. Get him the ball while he is moving and has a full head of steam. It's simple things like this that I want to see. Idgaf about our record. I didn't expect much this year to begin with. But I wanted to see the youth developed and used properly and they weren't.

Just imagine this, how would you feel about this year if KJ didn't show up in the bubble like he did? There would literally be nothing to be optimistic about next year. Even in 1987 and 1988 where we beyond sucked, we knew we had David on the horizon. You have to go back to I don't even know when to find this kind of helplessness that we had this year with no real bright spot to look forward to.

that's exactly why Flopovich is the worst coach in the league

alpha_HaZE
10-16-2020, 11:37 PM
So nothing to back it up?

Said the person who bashes players without ANY evidence, lol I am not going to engage anymore we all know who you work for and what you are.

KobesAchilles
10-17-2020, 07:28 AM
Said the person who bashes players without ANY evidence, lol I am not going to engage anymore we all know who you work for and what you are.
I’m sorry I hurt your feelings Bryn. Don’t worry, I’m sure you all get that contract

LongtimeSpursFan
10-18-2020, 10:30 AM
Google translate: Let's start from here: both Belinelli and Gallinari are free agents after the expiration of contracts with New Orleans and San Antonio. Marco: “My will is to stay in the NBA, a one-two-year contract with a playoff team and maybe a title. It's my mentality: being able to be useful to a team that is fighting to win ”

jiggy_55
10-19-2020, 03:48 AM
I'm afraid this means more chances and minutes for Forbes...

Rocalcio
10-19-2020, 10:58 AM
Google translate: Let's start from here: both Belinelli and Gallinari are free agents after the expiration of contracts with New Orleans and San Antonio. Marco: “My will is to stay in the NBA, a one-two-year contract with a playoff team and maybe a title. It's my mentality: being able to be useful to a team that is fighting to win ”

I already tranlated what it means...