PDA

View Full Version : Jim Crow is still a huge thing here in South Dixie

Millennial_Messiah
10-12-2020, 10:33 PM
Posting from Jackson, MS tonight. On a road trip up to DC area (McLean VA) and stopped here for the night. I was at an Olive Garden near the motel I'm staying for the night, and literally it was all sectioned off with black customers with black servers and white customers with white servers... exclusively. The (black) hostess even blatantly told the black host guy to get me with "Candice" (who was the white server working the evening shift).... I mean this Candice was a good server and all, but why does it have to be segregated such?

And I didn't know that there were actually really people named LaQuisha (thought that was just a meme) until tonight, tbh :lol the front desk lady at Drury Inn

Bynumite
10-12-2020, 11:00 PM
Bend over, i'll show you a huge thing in South Dixie.

daslicer
10-13-2020, 01:24 AM
Posting from Jackson, MS tonight. On a road trip up to DC area (McLean VA) and stopped here for the night. I was at an Olive Garden near the motel I'm staying for the night, and literally it was all sectioned off with black customers with black servers and white customers with white servers... exclusively. The (black) hostess even blatantly told the black host guy to get me with "Candice" (who was the white server working the evening shift).... I mean this Candice was a good server and all, but why does it have to be segregated such?

And I didn't know that there were actually really people named LaQuisha (thought that was just a meme) until tonight, tbh :lol the front desk lady at Drury Inn

Definitely someone who has been sheltered.

FrostKing
10-13-2020, 03:46 AM
But what did you play on the Jukebox

SpursforSix
10-13-2020, 09:23 AM
wtf would you go to Oliver Garden in Jackson Mississippi

Will Hunting
10-13-2020, 10:29 AM
What backwards ass route are you taking from the DFW area to the DC area? Are you taking the 20 through the deep south instead of the 40 through Tennessee? You're probably adding several hours to your drive for no reason :lol

SpursforSix
10-13-2020, 10:49 AM
What backwards ass route are you taking from the DFW area to the DC area? Are you taking the 20 through the deep south instead of the 40 through Tennessee? You're probably adding several hours to your drive for no reason :lol

Didn't you even read his op? He wanted to hit the Olive Garden in Jackson.

Spurtacular
10-13-2020, 06:32 PM
But what did you play on the Jukebox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7lR3YDzKCA

ElNono
10-13-2020, 08:32 PM

He probably needed some meth, tbh

Robz4000
10-13-2020, 10:35 PM

This, and the drive is a lot prettier tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
10-14-2020, 08:56 AM

Yes. I've already done the 40 route multiple times going to Philadelphia and Ohio. Tennessee is nice; I've been to the grand ole opry and had Memphis BBQ on one of the trips in the not too distant past. I just wanted to explore some new states. It's about 60-100 miles difference, not too bad. I do know from one too many experiences that Arkansas is long, boring and depressing AF.

Millennial_Messiah
10-14-2020, 08:56 AM
I'm here in Quantico this morning about to head up to Mclean

Millennial_Messiah
10-14-2020, 08:59 AM
This, and the drive is a lot prettier tbh.

Driving the "length" of tennessee is an interesting concept, I've done the Knoxville-Nashville-Memphis way before, but you only get to be in like 4 total states

Mark Celibate
10-14-2020, 09:41 AM
Driving the "length" of tennessee is an interesting concept, I've done the Knoxville-Nashville-Memphis way before, but you only get to be in like 4 total states

Bend over, I'll show you something the length of Tennessee

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2020, 11:06 AM

same drive can be made from San Antonio it adds like 20 minutes but you're not driving through the wasteland that is the deep south

DMC
10-14-2020, 02:03 PM

Dear diary - Well my travels have taken me through Jim Crow territory. I'm pretty sure the Crow nation and their founder, Jim Bridger spent many o'night here, sitting around a campfire and singing classics. As I scope out the local flora and fauna, I spy a native negro in the traditional garb, the very loose garments and the ceremonial tooth coloring. I stopped briefly to chat with this fellow, he seemed interested in the discussion at first but soon began to speak in native tongue, which I took as a sign of respect. "You's a crackass bitchmade ho I fuck you in da ass till you love me, honky". I spoke to him about the Crow and about Jim Bridger. We traded some modern currency for a few small polished rocks in protective bags. He pointed me toward the way out and said something like "get ta steppin" and my journey continued, with me ever so wealthy for my experience with the South.

Hopefully more to come shortly as Georgia is on the horizon.

MM

baseline bum
10-14-2020, 05:48 PM

The 20, the 40? You sound like you're from LA, man. I didn't know people outside of Cali said that shit.

Will Hunting
10-14-2020, 05:56 PM
The 20, the 40? You sound like you're from LA, man. I didn't know people outside of Cali said that shit.
How else would you identify highways :lol

baseline bum
10-14-2020, 06:20 PM

I don't know.. I-20? I-40? The 20 and The 40 sounds so much like how people talk in LA. I got so used to saying it when I lived there that friends from Texas would tell me I had picked up an LA accent. :lol

Will Hunting
10-14-2020, 06:21 PM
I don't know.. I-20? I-40? The 20 and The 40 sounds so much like how people talk in LA. I got so used to saying it when I lived there that friends from Texas would tell me I had picked up an LA accent. :lol
Maybe it's because I'm from Arizona. Everyone there just uses numbers too.

weebo
10-14-2020, 06:27 PM
Dear diary - Well my travels have taken me through Jim Crow territory. I'm pretty sure the Crow nation and their founder, Jim Bridger spent many o'night here, sitting around a campfire and singing classics. As I scope out the local flora and fauna, I spy a native negro in the traditional garb, the very loose garments and the ceremonial tooth coloring. I stopped briefly to chat with this fellow, he seemed interested in the discussion at first but soon began to speak in native tongue, which I took as a sign of respect. "You's a crackass bitchmade ho I fuck you in da ass till you love me, honky". I spoke to him about the Crow and about Jim Bridger. We traded some modern currency for a few small polished rocks in protective bags. He pointed me toward the way out and said something like "get ta steppin" and my journey continued, with me ever so wealthy for my experience with the South.

MM

:lol

spurraider21
10-15-2020, 11:30 AM

MM

spurraider21
10-15-2020, 11:31 AM
yeah its weird. i'm using to calling a things "the 101" or "the 405"... its just how people talk in cali

apparently elsewhere you drop the "the" and just call it like a street name, ie "take reseda down to ventura, hop on 101 and get off van nuys"

Spurminator
10-15-2020, 06:31 PM
I kinda like "the 20" even though I just call it "20." Might try to make it a thing here. I'll report back.

Millennial_Messiah
10-15-2020, 08:25 PM
Update... drove thru all the swing states except MN (that's tomorrow), but I'm staying in Madison tonight. Alarming thing is that there are far more Biden/Harris signs (still about 60-40 in favor of Trump, but not good for Trump) than I expected when driving on the Wisconsin country roads. Pennsylvania west side country was solidly for Trump, though. Michigan didn't drive much in the country (only on highways since MI doesn't have toll roads), but Grand Rapids seemed to be about a 70-30 Trump split. Also Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor are simply beautiful. Extremely beautiful. The entire Rust Belt is just gorgeous in October. I wouldn't want to be there in January, though.

Millennial_Messiah
10-15-2020, 08:27 PM

MM

I took a few selfies in Atlanta but did little else in GA. I did get pulled over late in GA near the GA/SC border... for... having a tint "a shade too dark for Georgia state law"... obviously not ticketable as my car is TX, but that policeman was a good southern redneck with a thick drawl, so we laughed it off and mostly spent the 10 minutes talking politics.

weebo
10-15-2020, 09:06 PM
I took a few selfies in Atlanta but did little else in GA. I did get pulled over late in GA near the GA/SC border... for... having a tint "a shade too dark for Georgia state law"... obviously not ticketable as my car is TX, but that policeman was a good southern redneck with a thick drawl, so we laughed it off and mostly spent the 10 minutes talking politics.

"b-b-but officer I'm white!"

Millennial_Messiah
10-15-2020, 09:23 PM
"b-b-but officer I'm white!"

lol

i got a black cop in east louisiana after blowing a tire

he was ok but he and his white partner sounded incompetent and stupid tbh

Millennial_Messiah
10-15-2020, 10:18 PM
Currently posting from Hampton hotel in Madison

Company has to re-imburse me for it, haha

Bynumite
10-15-2020, 10:35 PM

Bend over, i'll reimburse for it.

DMC
10-15-2020, 11:00 PM
lol

i got a black cop in east louisiana after blowing a tire

he was ok but he and his white partner sounded incompetent and stupid tbh

You blew a llanta?

ElNono
10-16-2020, 06:15 AM

You don't have a corporate card? What are you, the janitor of the company?

Millennial_Messiah
10-16-2020, 08:49 AM
You don't have a corporate card? What are you, the janitor of the company?
I get 1.75%+ back on my credit card so that's better than a corporate card, and 4.5% back on gas, plus more on my credit card = higher credit limit / credit score

ElNono
10-16-2020, 12:37 PM
I get 1.75%+ back on my credit card so that's better than a corporate card, and 4.5% back on gas, plus more on my credit card = higher credit limit / credit score

Not sure what kind of corporate card your penny-pinching company uses, but it's normally issued in your name (mine is), which means you get the same (or better) cashback and credit score benefits.

You just don't use your money or have to wait to get paid back.

SnakeBoy
10-16-2020, 11:53 PM

MM