PDA

View Full Version : Bryn Forbes looking to sign a 3-year/32m extension

ElNono
10-13-2020, 02:02 AM
The Spurs would not release details of the extension, but league sources told ESPN on Sunday that the three-year deal is worth $32.3 million.

"I'm happy to be here," Forbes told reporters Monday. "It worked out for both sides. I feel like this season has been great for myself. Trying to find my rhythm, be myself. I feel like the offense has had some tweaks where I'm feeling more comfortable, helping the team. Pop [coach Gregg Popovich] told me he was happy about it."

The extension will keep Forbes, 27, under contract with the Spurs through the 2023-24 season. It includes a partially guaranteed salary in the deal's final season, league sources told ESPN. Only $7 million is guaranteed in the final year of the extension, league sources told ESPN's Zach Lowe.

"This place is great, great organization. They do things the right way," Forbes said. "Talks this summer were very constructive. ... I like that Pop has been great about what I needed or wanted. So far, it's been great."

Read more:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21043191/san-antonio-spurs-forbes-agreement-three-year-extension (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-13-2020, 02:12 AM
lol well done Nono

ElNono
10-13-2020, 02:15 AM
Was hoping for a hometown discount, tbh... guess this guy wants to get paid

DavidTheGoliath
10-13-2020, 02:45 AM
I hope this becomes true just to piss some people off :lol

r0drig0lac
10-13-2020, 06:58 AM
lol

EasyMoney
10-13-2020, 07:23 AM
I knew this wasn't true because it wasn't reported anywhere. But well done lol. Gave me a worry for maybe 1.3 seconds

Seventyniner
10-13-2020, 07:27 AM
Not bad, but the number was too high to be believable. That and his last contract is over so he would be signing a new contract and not an extension. If the headline was something "Spurs, Forbes agree to 3-year/21m deal" I would have had a mini heart attack even though I know it's too early for teams and players to agree to deals. A 3-year deal would only keep him with the team through 2022-2023, too.

Rummpd
10-13-2020, 08:03 AM
Nice OP. Should have given him 40 million as the pillar of this farce of a team NOT

RC_Drunkford
10-13-2020, 08:52 AM
y'all gonna be real salty when it really happens :lol

baseline bum
10-13-2020, 09:05 AM
y'all gonna be real salty when it really happens :lol

Especially when it's a 4 year deal. :lol

lefty
10-13-2020, 09:10 AM
Nice Onion article rbh

lefty
10-13-2020, 09:11 AM
If it ever happens, ban OP tbh....

Texas_Ranger
10-13-2020, 09:44 AM
it wont be funny when its 3Y/40M

KobesAchilles
10-13-2020, 10:01 AM
I died :lol

r0drig0lac
10-13-2020, 10:04 AM
it wont be funny when its 2Y/40M

fixed

TimDunkem
10-13-2020, 10:48 AM
Only a matter of time before this comes true, tbh.

Floyd Pacquiao
10-13-2020, 10:52 AM
:pop: “For all your loyalty Bryn we’re looking to give you actually a 4/50mil contract. We call it the loyalty contract “

TimDunkem
10-13-2020, 11:01 AM
:pop: “For all your loyalty Bryn we’re looking to give you actually a 4/50mil contract. We call it the loyalty contract “
Remember when Poop used to only give those to guys who earned it? And earning it meant showing up at the highest level, playing defense, and not being a general sackless turd? Remember when Pop used to tell guys who he loved that their time was up, or that the team was going another direction?

Yeah me too. Wonder what happened to that guy.

Floyd Pacquiao
10-13-2020, 12:58 PM
Remember when Poop used to only give those to guys who earned it? And earning it meant showing up at the highest level, playing defense, and not being a general sackless turd? Remember when Pop used to tell guys who he loved that their time was up, or that the team was going another direction?

Yeah me too. Wonder what happened to that guy.
With age he’s became softer

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-13-2020, 03:44 PM
The Spurs actually look like a fun team to watch when he's not in the building. Definitely not a guy who makes the Spurs better.

mo7888
10-13-2020, 05:03 PM
The Spurs would not release details of the extension, but league sources told ESPN on Sunday that the three-year deal is worth $32.3 million.

"I'm happy to be here," Forbes told reporters Monday. "It worked out for both sides. I feel like this season has been great for myself. Trying to find my rhythm, be myself. I feel like the offense has had some tweaks where I'm feeling more comfortable, helping the team. Pop [coach Gregg Popovich] told me he was happy about it."

The extension will keep Forbes, 27, under contract with the Spurs through the 2023-24 season. It includes a partially guaranteed salary in the deal's final season, league sources told ESPN. Only $7 million is guaranteed in the final year of the extension, league sources told ESPN's Zach Lowe.

"This place is great, great organization. They do things the right way," Forbes said. "Talks this summer were very constructive. ... I like that Pop has been great about what I needed or wanted. So far, it's been great."

Read more:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21043191/san-antonio-spurs-forbes-agreement-three-year-extension (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Gave me a damn heart attack..lol...but well played lol

Dirks_Finale
10-13-2020, 06:08 PM
Quite possibly the greatest troll post in ST history. Very nicely done :lol

Read more:

D-Robinson 50 fan
10-13-2020, 06:26 PM
You A-Hole

LMAO

I was yelling Nooooo!! As I read this.:lol

BWS-1994
10-13-2020, 08:06 PM
He didn’t play much in the Bubble. Maybe he agreed, as long as...

lefty20
10-13-2020, 08:36 PM
Knew it was a fake based on the $$$ amount. An elite shooter like Forbes deserves a similar paycheck to his contemporaries like Klay Thompson , Curry & Dame. Spurs better pony the fuck up.

GB20
10-13-2020, 08:53 PM
fixed
With player option.

ZeusWillJudge
10-14-2020, 10:37 AM
Fuck me... Rickrolled! :lol

You do know that ChumpDumper quit posting here at the same time Rick Astley died? Coincidence... I think not.

https://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Rick+astley+and+brian+from+the+breakfast+club+_64f 85229ed2d8019e632b5ca15f5f922.jpg

elbamba1
10-14-2020, 10:46 AM

Read more:

FU. My blood was boiling. I even clicked on the link twice thinking I must have made a mistake.

phxspurfan
10-14-2020, 01:34 PM
damn you OP...

8FOR!3
10-14-2020, 02:41 PM
You got me lol I was genuinely stressed and thought this was genuinely true smh.

J_Paco
10-14-2020, 02:55 PM
You got me lol I was genuinely stressed and thought this was genuinely true smh.

damn you OP...

How did folks fall for this when free agency is after the draft & Forbes wasn't eligible for a contract extension?

I believe he's going to be a unrestricted free agent, but the Spurs still have his early Bird Rights.

Hopefully someone else overvalues his perimeter shooting (while injuring his lack of size + horrendous defense) & his time spent in the Spurs organization. Kind of like Kyle Anderson a few offseasons, ago.

Notorious H.O.P.
10-14-2020, 03:04 PM
He might be worth it if you believe the writer of this article that mentions Forbes' positional versatility.

"San Antonio's backcourt is loaded with young players, but Forbes is capable of sliding up to the three and playing alongside a pair of guards. Since he'll be unrestricted, there's no guarantee he won't look for a new deal elsewhere, but the Spurs have a history of overpaying a little to retain their own guys if they really want them back."

J_Paco
10-14-2020, 03:10 PM
He might be worth it if you believe the writer of this article that mentions Forbes' positional versatility.

"San Antonio's backcourt is loaded with young players, but Forbes is capable of sliding up to the three and playing alongside a pair of guards. Since he'll be unrestricted, there's no guarantee he won't look for a new deal elsewhere, but the Spurs have a history of overpaying a little to retain their own guys if they really want them back."

April Fool's day was 7 months ago, buddy......

Notorious H.O.P.
10-14-2020, 04:06 PM
Not my take. I think he needs to go join a contender. But someone really believes it.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/2020-nba-offseason-preview-san-antonio-spurs.html

Degoat
10-14-2020, 04:27 PM
In that article above it shows the deadline for Demars option was the 13th, is that true?

J_Paco
10-14-2020, 08:35 PM
Not my take. I think he needs to go join a contender. But someone really believes it.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/2020-nba-offseason-preview-san-antonio-spurs.html

Well, that is a foolish take.

Forbes is an undersized SG, who can't guard his position or make enough plays to play the PG position full-time.

He's best playing a Seth Curry - esque role on an elite defensive team or a team who's coach won't over play him/give him too large of a role.

spurs10
10-14-2020, 09:20 PM
Double No messing with our minds!

DAF86
10-14-2020, 10:13 PM
Quite possibly the greatest troll post in ST history. Very nicely done :lol

You must knew son. This is an old ElNono move. Old timers knew what was coming as soon as we saw he was the creator of the thread, tbh. :lol

ElNono
10-14-2020, 10:44 PM
:lol the core text is actually from the article on LaMarcus's extension

rankingtear
10-14-2020, 11:20 PM
He will get somewhere close to the Seth Curry contract. Everyone needs shooting. Contenders would want him based on his last playoff performance , 12 points + 48% from three at 2.5 3 per game. He didn't choke on the DEN series like Bertans.

spurs10
10-15-2020, 03:56 PM
Turns out Bryn owns Forbes Magazine and doesn't need the chump change. He's a mogul.

Slippy
10-15-2020, 07:11 PM
Got a quick feel on what it going to feel like if pops signs his lovechild . Can see the funny side but for a few seconds there.. i was like wtf .