10-13-2020, 08:43 PM
:lmao

DAF86
10-13-2020, 08:48 PM
lol running backs.

spurraider21
10-13-2020, 08:53 PM
lol running backs.
second contracts almost never work out unless they're truly special like adrian peterson, LT, etc

otherwise just draft them, maybe franchise tag them for 1 year past that, then repeat. raiders have jacobs for 5 years on his rookie deal. would make no sense to give him a big contract. hope they dont, even though i love him

phxspurfan
10-13-2020, 09:13 PM
Why even be a running back. Just be a receiver or DB or linebacker and get paidd

DAF86
10-13-2020, 09:15 PM
Why even be a running back. Just be a receiver or DB or linebacker and get paidd

You get the most touches outside QB.

Blake
10-13-2020, 11:23 PM
second contracts almost never work out unless they're truly special like adrian peterson, LT, etc

otherwise just draft them, maybe franchise tag them for 1 year past that, then repeat. raiders have jacobs for 5 years on his rookie deal. would make no sense to give him a big contract. hope they dont, even though i love him

If I'm a gm I just do what the pats do and pick up scrubs every year

DAF86
10-13-2020, 11:27 PM

Exactly, I don't even know if wasting high draft picks on running backs is worth it. Well, there's a reason the Patriots are the Patriots.

spurraider21
10-13-2020, 11:45 PM
they used a first round pick on sony michel in 2018 and a 3rd round pick on damien harris in 2019

Fat Brandon Bass
10-14-2020, 12:04 AM

Yeah I don't get it either. Every play you're being thrown into a sea of big, angry black men who want to rip your head off. Concussions, injuries, and putting your body through helll every week to pretty much guarantee you won't be able to walk after football is over. I just don't see the appeal of playing the position either tbh. Especially these days when you have such a short earning window in comparison to other positions

Blake
10-14-2020, 01:01 AM
they used a first round pick on sony michel in 2018 and a 3rd round pick on damien harris in 2019

I mean yeah I'm just referring to the perception.

FrostKing
10-14-2020, 02:02 AM
Steelers getting the last laugh

Arcadian
10-14-2020, 01:38 PM
This was predictable.

Both he and Antonio Brown tanked their careers by quitting on the Steelers. Dumbasses.

Arcadian
10-14-2020, 01:43 PM
Imagine sitting out your entire 26-year-old season when you're healthy with the hope of getting more money...and then not getting more money. And now you haven't played as much, and you'll never be as good as you were before.

It's almost like that was obviously going to happen.

And this fucker did this at the same time as Kawhi did it to the Spurs, so I'm extra bitter.

Robz4000
10-14-2020, 02:09 PM
Imagine sitting out your entire 26-year-old season when you're healthy with the hope of getting more money...and then not getting more money. And now you haven't played as much, and you'll never be as good as you were before.

It's almost like that was obviously going to happen.

And this fucker did this at the same time as Kawhi did it to the Spurs, so I'm extra bitter.

Difference is the Steelers really haven't missed a beat with Conner. Just adds credibility that an oline is the most important part of any offense outside an elite QB.

Arcadian
10-14-2020, 03:37 PM
Difference is the Steelers really haven't missed a beat with Conner. Just adds credibility that an oline is the most important part of any offense outside an elite QB.

That's true. Yet I still feel a sense of schadenfreude for Bell's downfall.

SpursforSix
10-14-2020, 07:46 PM
That's true. Yet I still feel a sense of schadenfreude for Bell's downfall.
Bend over, I’ll fucking make you feel schadenfreude.

spurraider21
10-15-2020, 05:51 PM
Chiefs per Schefter

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGYYwjjJXay/

Robz4000
10-15-2020, 07:18 PM
Welp, guess he boutta get that ring and call it a career.

Millennial_Messiah
10-15-2020, 08:31 PM
Yeah, Clyde is a good scatback, change of pace outside the tackles guy, but he's proven to be inadequate as a bell cow since the end of week 1.

I've said it for a very long time now; the Chiefs have sorely missed the Kareem Hunt element in their offense for a long time now (about a year and a half) and their offense has suffered (they surely beat the Patriots in '18-19 playoffs with Hunt instead of Damien Williams, who isn't too much different from Clyde honestly.

Hunt took the heat off Mahomes and was certainly a HUGE catalyst in Mahomes '18 MVP run. Without Hunt the Chiefs instantly got worse and began to struggle to win games, whereas with Hunt they were beating everybody by 4 scores. Mahomes is amazing but even he can't do it all on his own. Damien Williams and CEH are not bell cows and not serious short yardage threats. Even a Legarrette Blount type would have been a better short down back than Williams/CEH, but the Chiefs haven't had much choice since jettisoning Hunt.

Bell absolutely provides the same dynamism to the equation that Hunt did (maybe even an upgrade over Hunt if that is possible), that almost any other back in the league doesn't.

Blake
10-18-2020, 12:48 PM
Yeah, Clyde is a good scatback, change of pace outside the tackles guy, but he's proven to be inadequate as a bell cow since the end of week 1.

I've said it for a very long time now; the Chiefs have sorely missed the Kareem Hunt element in their offense for a long time now (about a year and a half) and their offense has suffered (they surely beat the Patriots in '18-19 playoffs with Hunt instead of Damien Williams, who isn't too much different from Clyde honestly.

Hunt took the heat off Mahomes and was certainly a HUGE catalyst in Mahomes '18 MVP run. Without Hunt the Chiefs instantly got worse and began to struggle to win games, whereas with Hunt they were beating everybody by 4 scores. Mahomes is amazing but even he can't do it all on his own. Damien Williams and CEH are not bell cows and not serious short yardage threats. Even a Legarrette Blount type would have been a better short down back than Williams/CEH, but the Chiefs haven't had much choice since jettisoning Hunt.

Bell absolutely provides the same dynamism to the equation that Hunt did (maybe even an upgrade over Hunt if that is possible), that almost any other back in the league doesn't.

I grade this post a D+

Millennial_Messiah
10-18-2020, 02:26 PM
I grade this post a D+

how so? Bell as of 2017 was a rich man's KC Hunt, and KC Hunt was a monster

Damien Williams and CEH get stuffed on the goal line and 3rd and short situations... Hunt was an automatic TD or first down. Bell always was in PIT, too.

Isitjustme?
10-18-2020, 07:06 PM

Damien Williams and CEH get stuffed on the goal line and 3rd and short situations... Hunt was an automatic TD or first down. Bell always was in PIT, too.

Bell looks washed

Millennial_Messiah
10-18-2020, 07:13 PM
Bell looks washed

any back, Derrick Henry included, would look "washed" behind that Jets sorry offensive line and that sorry scheme

Blake
10-18-2020, 07:45 PM

Hunt got 100 yards rushing one time all season long and there was never a game where he led the chiefs in receiving in 2018.

You're reaching for some reason.

Millennial_Messiah
10-18-2020, 07:54 PM
Hunt got 100 yards rushing one time all season long and there was never a game where he led the chiefs in receiving in 2018.

You're reaching for some reason.

that's a terrible take. He was a huge threat in the passing game and scored both passing and receiving TDs and had lots of yards in both so the stats sort of cannibalized each other. Also, Hunt was money on short yardage, which is something the Chiefs haven't had since they got rid of him.
spurraider21 come back me up on this stance.

Blake
10-18-2020, 08:07 PM
that's a terrible take. He was a huge threat in the passing game and scored both passing and receiving TDs and had lots of yards in both so the stats sort of cannibalized each other. Also, Hunt was money on short yardage, which is something the Chiefs haven't had since they got rid of him.
spurraider21 come back me up on this stance.

He was a nice back but you're acting like the chiefs have sorely missed him and that Mahomes might not have got the MVP without him. They won SB without him.

:lol gtfo with your lazy eye test bullshit

Millennial_Messiah
10-18-2020, 08:11 PM
He was a nice back but you're acting like the chiefs have sorely missed him and that Mahomes might not have got the MVP without him. They won SB without him.

:lol gtfo with yo8 sur lazy eye test bullshit
they won the SB by default and were a half quarter and a miracle play away from losing it anyway. They were clearly inferior to their first-half-of-2018 selves that ran circles around the rest of the NFL, despite the championship happening last year and not in 2018 (they would have beat NE that year with Hunt instead of Williams as the bell cow).

Blake
10-18-2020, 09:34 PM
they won the SB by default and were a half quarter and a miracle play away from losing it anyway. They were clearly inferior to their first-half-of-2018 selves that ran circles around the rest of the NFL, despite the championship happening last year and not in 2018 (they would have beat NE that year with Hunt instead of Williams as the bell cow).

Lol winning a SB by default.

Just stop

Blake
10-19-2020, 08:10 PM
I missed the game today. Can someone fill me in on how the chiefs did today running the ball without Hunt?

DAF86
10-19-2020, 08:31 PM
Edwards Helaire pulling up the clutchest of performances to mantain that starting gig. :lol

Millennial_Messiah
10-19-2020, 08:51 PM
Edwards Helaire pulling up the clutchest of performances to mantain that starting gig. :lol

CEH is still the RB2, it's a matter of time. Bell is the best back in football until proven otherwise. CEH is a hell of a second weapon when coming in with fresh legs, though. Chiefs are definitely going back to the Super Bowl. I have the Seahawks winning it, though.

Darth_Pelican
10-19-2020, 09:24 PM
CEH is still the RB2, it's a matter of time. Bell is the best back in football until proven otherwise. CEH is a hell of a second weapon when coming in with fresh legs, though. Chiefs are definitely going back to the Super Bowl. I have the Seahawks winning it, though.

Bell hasn’t averaged 4 yards per carry since 2017, so it has been proven otherwise. No one thinks that Bell is still the best back in football. No one.

Blake
10-19-2020, 09:27 PM

D-

Millennial_Messiah
10-19-2020, 09:45 PM
Bell hasn’t averaged 4 yards per carry since 2017, so it has been proven otherwise. No one thinks that Bell is still the best back in football. No one.

pick any running back from the past in his prime and he couldn't average 4 yards per carry behind the Jets' historically sorry offensive line.

Millennial_Messiah
10-21-2020, 12:21 PM
I like how Reid completely exhausted CEH (he must have had 30+ carries in the Buffalo victory) in view of this. Excellent coaching. CEH is the #2 back going forward this season, regardless of what mainstream sports media will say right now.

Blake
10-22-2020, 01:15 AM
I like how Reid completely exhausted CEH (he must have had 30+ carries in the Buffalo victory) in view of this. Excellent coaching. CEH is the #2 back going forward this season, regardless of what mainstream sports media will say right now.

They'll probably split carries, something like 60/40 between him and Bell.

Millennial_Messiah
10-22-2020, 08:14 AM
They'll probably split carries, something like 60/40 between him and Bell.

Bell with the 60. And Bell more receptions even though CEH was a receiving back in college. CEH can run flat routes and screens like a champ but Bell can also run WR routes which is very rare for a back. That's why he wanted that WR money. I believe he had the intent to convert to full time WR soon in Pitt but then they drafted JuJu and that went out the window. Bell is also a hell of a pass protector against the blitz.

Isitjustme?
10-22-2020, 09:12 AM

lol one game with 30 carries=completely exhausted

Millennial_Messiah
10-22-2020, 09:22 AM
lol one game with 30 carries=completely exhausted

It's "we're gonna run this guy into the ground and if he gets tired/hurt we have Bell on deck next week" type of coaching.

Millennial_Messiah
10-22-2020, 09:23 AM
however, I absolutely HATE the dumb crap that Reid calls like a pitch-back to the slow backup back (Darrell Williams?) on 3rd and inches and then settling for the field goal which kept BUF in the game, when a touchdown would have ended the game (going up 3 scores).

That's the kind of dumb Fat Reid BS that will cause the Chiefs to lose and not win as many super bowls as they should with Mahomes. That should 100% of the time be a QB sneak. The play is unstoppable, automatic first down, especially with a QB of Mahomes' size, smarts and stature.

Millennial_Messiah
10-22-2020, 11:51 AM
Because Bell is so well known for his durability/reliability :tu

Bell has basically had the last 2-3 years off with low mileage since '17

BD24
10-22-2020, 02:36 PM
Andy with big time bads. Will be interesting to see what his pivot is when CEH remains the lead back. Or when Bell looks washed as many assume.

Millennial_Messiah
10-22-2020, 02:47 PM
Andy with big time bads. Will be interesting to see what his pivot is when CEH remains the lead back. Or when Bell looks washed as many assume.

If Fat Reid trots out CEH on 3rd and 1, 4th and inches, etc, goal to go, etc and the Chiefs get stuffed (because Fat Reid refuses to run the sneak and Mahomes doesn't have the balls to audible and override him), then millennial messiah wins yet again... and Fat Reid proves that he's the dumbass that got the Chiefs to trailing 20-10 without the football halfway thru the 4th quarter in the first place before the greatness of the QB and players bailed his fat ass out.

I don't mind CEH on, say, 1st and 10, 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 17. Don't want to get your horse (Bell) killed. But CEH is not a horse. He's a change of pace back and a scatback. Using him as a horse will get that relatively small body killed.

Blake
10-22-2020, 09:45 PM
Lol of course Andy is a Trumper.

Blake
10-26-2020, 07:23 PM
Gotta say, Bell looked really good in limited duty.