PDA

View Full Version : Swing State Bird's Eye Report October 13-15, from The Millennial Messiah, Andrew H

Millennial_Messiah
10-15-2020, 09:11 PM
North Carolina: Not much information gathered on my end as I drove thru the state, but there was an anti-Thom Tillis billboard about every 8-10 miles that you couldn't miss from the freeway. Saying that Thom Tillis is basically a jerk because he defunded NC schools by 2.5 million. To me, school funding is very low on the totem pole, especially the universities which are already incredibly overpaid.

Virginia: Saw a lot of "don't tread on me" swag throughout the state. A lot of Trump stuff in the southern 2/3 and then the Biden/Harris stuff and vehicles with Biden/Harris stickers came in towards DC, to be expected. VA has a large freedom fighter/right wing presence, but the north has gotten too populous and too liberal since the mid-late 2000s. Will likely vote Biden/Harris.

Pennsylvania: Only drove through the western half including a ton of country roads and also the City of Pittsburgh. Hit a deer on a winding road, it's gonna cost me 2.5k to fix that fender/headlight glass but whatevs. Trump/Pence signs and other swag dominated the country about 85/15, but there was an actual Biden/Harris presence which you wouldn't find with Hillary in 2016. Didn't see much of inner city Pittsburgh so couldn't judge there.

Ohio: After Cleveland, all I drove was country roads, came across about 15-20 Trump/Pence signs and zero for Biden/Harris... to be expected.

Michigan: Mostly drove on the highways. Grand Rapids, MI was about a 70-30 Trump and John James split. The highways did have ample signage however, which was about 60/40 in favor of Trump and John James. Still, all of this was west of Detroit metro, which is likely to see the highest Biden/Harris turn-out.

Wisconsin: Drove on a lot of country roads and there was an APPALLINGLY large presence for Biden/Harris, that supposedly wasn't there in 2016 for Hillary. Still a 60-40 Trump margin, but Trump was actually slightly losing on the paraphernalia in towns like Lake Geneva where he scored big wins in '16. Alarming news out of Wisconsin for Trump.

Millennial_Messiah
10-15-2020, 09:17 PM
Driving through Madison, WI late this afternoon, near the college campus, I saw

6 Biden/Harris signs
1 Trump/Pence sign
3 (!!) Jorgensen/Cohen signs

Jorgensen out-pacing Trump in Wisconsin's state capital.

Winehole23
10-15-2020, 09:31 PM
(The plural of anecdote is not data.)

cool story though, what took you there?

pgardn
10-15-2020, 10:13 PM
I thought birds flew.
So it’s a look from above? Yeah?

You are reporting like a very mobile ostrich.

Millennial_Messiah
10-15-2020, 10:20 PM
I thought birds flew.
So it’s a look from above? Yeah?

You are reporting like a very mobile ostrich.
Well, interstates are often elevated and not ground-level, so there's that.

Trump needs to hold either AZ or WI and I'm not going to that hell desert state but Kelly is dominating McSally there so I'm assuming a Biden victory. Wisconsin is looking quite bleak for Trump :(

Millennial_Messiah
10-15-2020, 10:24 PM
(The plural of anecdote is not data.)

cool story though, what took you there?
Business trip to McLean, VA (Freddie Mac)... I come out ahead driving vs. flying because I get reimbursed for mileage, lodging in transit, tolls/misc fees, and per diem food per day (<55 per day)... versus a boring flight where I get to go absolutely nowhere.

I even got a quick selfie with each of the Capitol Building and the SCOTUS building, where some idiot millennials were having an anti-ACB protest... the protest was peaceful, socratic and rhetorical, but the rhetoric was downright retarded.

pgardn
10-15-2020, 10:30 PM
Well, interstates are often elevated and not ground-level, so there's that.

Trump needs to hold either AZ or WI and I'm not going to that hell desert state but Kelly is dominating McSally there so I'm assuming a Biden victory. Wisconsin is looking quite bleak for Trump :(

Usually when you enter populated areas they are elevated as to not interfere with a larger density of city roads.
Is someone else driving and you are handling the Eagle Eye binoculars? Maybe traffic has you stuck on high?
Be careful driving.
We need you alive to make fun of you.

DMC
10-15-2020, 10:58 PM
Business trip to McLean, VA (Freddie Mac)... I come out ahead driving vs. flying because I get reimbursed for mileage, lodging in transit, tolls/misc fees, and per diem food per day (<55 per day)... versus a boring flight where I get to go absolutely nowhere.

I even got a quick selfie with each of the Capitol Building and the SCOTUS building, where some idiot millennials were having an anti-ACB protest... the protest was peaceful, socratic and rhetorical, but the rhetoric was downright retarded.

This is very strange for someone who claims to make 500000 a year.